Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Early Loan Repayment (Permnant TSB Personal Loan)

Options
  • 30-08-2014 8:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,427 ✭✭✭

Hello. Can anyone help me understand the early repayment terms of this loan.

Loan: 7800.00
    Over 60-month: 174.49
    Cost of Credit: 2669.40
    Total: 10469.40

I paid it back at week 38. They took another 22 payments of 174.49 (thats principle 130 + 44.49 interest) + 25 early repayment fee. So I actually paid 25 more that if I had just let the load run. The early repayment terms are posted below but I'm ashamed to say I'm too thick to know exactly what they say. Was I liable for ALL the interest after early payment?

320356.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭SBarrett

You had a fixed rate loan. Any early repayment of the loan meant that you have to pay all of the interest that was due to paid over the full term of the loan.

If you had a variable rate loan, you could have repaid it early and not pay all the interest due for the full term.

Steven

Advertisement