Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nice / posh areas to buy in in Limerick

Options
  • 30-08-2014 11:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭

Hiya I'm just wondering if Limerick natives could recommend some nice/posh areas to buy in Limerick?Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Johngoose

Johngoose wrote: »
    Hiya I'm just wondering if Limerick natives could recommend some nice/posh areas to buy in Limerick?Thanks
    Meaning houses...thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭tommylimerick

I suppose the poshest place is the dearest

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭Doom

City;
    Some parts if Raheen are nice, Springfield, Meadowvale, The Grange, Slugaire.
    South circular road, North Circular road. Highfield. Parts of Ennis rd.
    Outskirts of city/ countryside;
    Castletroy, Lisnagry, Annacotty, parts if Ardnacrusha, Mungret, Crecora.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7 from_the_past

try accomodation and property , this forum isnt really about property

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭padma

Clareview is a nice estate

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Moved to Accommodation & Property.

Local charter now applies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

Adare

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 890 ✭✭✭audi12

posh and limerick do not belong in the same sentence

• Registered Users Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

It would help if you gave more details about what you are looking for. An apartment, a family home, do you want a detached property or will a semi-d/terrace do,somewhere in the (really very big) county or close to the city centre, close to the river, close to the university, proximity to a particular type of school, price range, size of garden, etc? There are lots and lots of pleasant middle-class areas and quite a few very posh areas. Without more information all people can do it throw out names of areas they like which may be nothing remotely like what you are looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭johndaman66

audi12 wrote: »
    posh and limerick do not belong in the same sentence

Silly and pointless comment... but anyway

If the city suburbs Monaleen, Ennis road, and Anacotty should tick the boxes well.

If county Adare is the most apparent choice...you will most likely pay a hefty premium for an Adare address though compared to surrounding and arguably just as decent addresses...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Monaleen is lovely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Grecco

I wouldnt bother with Limerick city, you`d be better off buying in Ennis, its a nicer town, good access which still has retained its town shops, cafes and Pubs unlike Limerick

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

There are some fabulous places in limerick but it really depends on what you are looking for. There are a lot of new coffee shops and restaurants in town, and some quirky shops and boutiques.

My recommendation is think very specifically about what you need, what lifestyle you want. That way you'll have more of an idea which areas to focus your search in.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,712 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

North Circular Road is very nice, quite expensive, and can be snooty.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

If putting the words nice, posh, and (location) in the same sentence, you gotta say if you have family, or plan on having a family. What may be a great posh place for you with a family may not be a great place if single.

Also, roughly where you work is handy to know, as there's no point in trapezing across the county everyday, as "nice" will become "tiresome" quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭andyournameis

Sli Na Manach, Mungret....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement