Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Architect’s Certificate of Compliance

Options
  • 30-08-2014 11:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭

We are in the process of purchasing and sadly it's looking more likely that we will have to foot the bill for the Architect’s Certificate of Compliance. For a single story extension.

I have had a bit of a look around and haven't really see many prices for this, I did find one it was €300 + VAT for Architects Opinion on Compliance with Building Regulations. and Architect's Opinion on Compliance with Planning Permission and /or Exemption from Planning Control.

Not sure if we need both. we have the got the planning permission certificate from DCC.

Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

Surely this is the sellers responsibility. What happens if the arch you employ states it doesn't comply ?

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Funkiwi75

Good point. Not sure, will ask the solicitor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Why didn't your engineer cover this?

pwurple wrote: »

Do you mean the surveyor?

pwurple wrote: »

Do you mean the surveyor?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 429 ✭✭Export

Your solicitor should tell you whether the extension is exempt from PP. If it is, then all you'll need is the Ops on Compliance with Building Regs - note - new building regs came in on 1st March - if extension was built prior to that, then it only needs to comply with building regs prior to 1st March.
    Just re-read and if you have PP, then you'll need an opinion on compliance with that PP.

Export wrote: »
    Your solicitor should tell you whether the extension is exempt from PP. If it is, then all you'll need is the Ops on Compliance with Building Regs - note - new building regs came in on 1st March - if extension was built prior to that, then it only needs to comply with building regs prior to 1st March.
    Just re-read and if you have PP, then you'll need an opinion on compliance with that PP.

Thanks I'll ask. But I'm also trying to find out how much they can cost?

Export wrote: »

Thanks I'll ask. But I'm also trying to find out how much they can cost?

Advertisement