Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CityGate apartments management company

Options
  • 30-08-2014 11:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭

Has anyone else living in CityGate noticed that the common areas are now under the control of a new management company, AK Property Services from Galway?

Looking at their website they seem to manage a fair few apartment developments around the country so I would say that they will do a decent job with CityGate.

However, my concern are the fire alarms. In the three and a half years that I have been living there fire alarms going off in the middle of the night has been a regular occurrence. In fairness to the previous management company, when alarms did go off a quick text message to the company and they would be sorted out quickly.

I texted the new management company yesterday about this but was told that their obligation is to the landlord, not the tenant. That is fair enough, but who then can contacted when the fire alarms are blaring at 4am on a Tuesday morning? I then asked who do we contact when the fire alarms do go off to which I received no reply.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

Has anyone else living in CityGate noticed that the common areas are now under the control of a new management company, AK Property Services from Galway?

Looking at their website they seem to manage a fair few apartment developments around the country so I would say that they will do a decent job with CityGate.

However, my concern are the fire alarms. In the three and a half years that I have been living there fire alarms going off in the middle of the night has been a regular occurrence. In fairness to the previous management company, when alarms did go off a quick text message to the company and they would be sorted out quickly.

I texted the new management company yesterday about this but was told that their obligation is to the landlord, not the tenant. That is fair enough, but who then can contacted when the fire alarms are blaring at 4am on a Tuesday morning? I then asked who do we contact when the fire alarms do go off to which I received no reply.

I would ask your landlord.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭rocky raccoon

dingding wrote: »
    I would ask your landlord.

I intend to.

Anyone living in citygate may also be interested in this. It was stuck on one of the external doors when I returned from work a few minutes ago. I have seen evidence of some sort of dealing going on in and around citygate over the past couple of months and it seems someone else has as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Anyone living in citygate may also be interested in this. It was stuck on one of the external doors when I returned from work a few minutes ago. I have seen evidence of some sort of dealing going on in and around citygate over the past couple of months and it seems someone else has as well.

Time to move on?

Time to move on?

I will be moving on but not until my lease is up in the New Year. This was as much about letting people living in CityGate know what is going on around them, if they don't know already.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭Henlars67

Time to move on?

Why?

I lived next door to a couple who dealt before. (not in City Gate)

Never impacted on my life in any way whatsoever.

I'd rather it to living next door to people who sat up all night drinking with friends and making noise.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Henlars67 wrote: »
    Why?

Because if it bothers someone, then it might be time to move on. Personally, so long as their business doesn't affect me and mine, I wouldn't care less.

Advertisement