Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LCVP One question

Options
  • 30-08-2014 11:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

For few days I'm searching what languages are good for LCVP and i as i found in several places that say Polish is good and I can do LCVP course and I would like to be 100% understating this and as some wonder i'm exempt from Irish.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

You are only allowed do LCVP if you have a particular combination of subjects. Is your school definitely offering it?

Polish is difficult enough for the Leaving. It expects a high standard of native Polish. Speaking it at home and watching Polish TV will not be enough for most people to get an A1 or A2. You should read quality Polish newspapers and maybe attend some classes in the run up to the exam. I know at least one school in Dublin will be running a preparatory class for LC for native speakers of Polish.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 grze151

spurious wrote: »
    You are only allowed do LCVP if you have a particular combination of subjects. Is your school definitely offering it?

Polish is difficult enough for the Leaving. It expects a high standard of native Polish. Speaking it at home and watching Polish TV will not be enough for most people to get an A1 or A2. You should read quality Polish newspapers and maybe attend some classes in the run up to the exam. I know at least one school in Dublin will be running a preparatory class for LC for native speakers of Polish.

I know this but I'm form Poland and my school put me into Polish as subject I'm well know that this is very hard language but I have no chose so far for that one and i have everything for LCVP but not Language my combination is Construction and business or engineering and buisness

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

I do German, my school say they can make an exception for me to do LCVP would you recommend it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 grze151

I do German, my school say they can make an exception for me to do LCVP would you recommend it?

I think if I ask in school they may do exception for Polish

grze151 wrote: »
    I think if I ask in school they may do exception for Polish

My school are willing to do an exception but I'm just wondering... Should I do LCVP? What're the benefits?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 J.Moffitt

My school are willing to do an exception but I'm just wondering... Should I do LCVP? What're the benefits?

LCVP is a really good subject to gain points... Your portfolio is worth most of the marks and the written paper involves watching a short video and answering questions.... I just got my results and I got a distinction in LCVP... If you have any questions feel free to PM me

J.Moffitt wrote: »
    LCVP is a really good subject to gain points... Your portfolio is worth most of the marks and the written paper involves watching a short video and answering questions.... I just got my results and I got a distinction in LCVP... If you have any questions feel free to PM me

Thanks, I appreciate the help.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

If you think there is a chance you might drop to OL in one of the subjects you will be counting, then LCVP is a great choice to get points with a lot less work than some other subjects. Regardless of points however, it's a useful subject to do.

spurious wrote: »
    If you think there is a chance you might drop to OL in one of the subjects you will be counting, then LCVP is a great choice to get points with a lot less work than some other subjects. Regardless of points however, it's a useful subject to do.

I think I will do it as I'm doing OL Maths and Irish, in my school you're allowed to do it for a bit and then drop out later if you feel it's not right for you.

I think I'll do it then.

Thank you for your help!

Advertisement