Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Note in OP, 1/09

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Jordan

Well tbh the way she acts and goes around selling herself and her life for money in tabloids and ****e like that, she deserves it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,937 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Jordan

Don't let Mario her anyway.

Augmerson got there before me!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,891 ✭✭✭✭klose

Rodgers has said in the presser sakho has a strain and will be out for 2-3 weeks. I hope it's not punishment for what happened last weekend as that would be ridiculously stupid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Sakho gone for 3 weeks.

relying on Skrtel, then Toure gives me the heebies.

also, no Sturridge again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,955 ✭✭✭garra

D'Agger wrote: »
    That's not the point I was making - Balo is clearly a better player - I'm talking about not putting away chances - Balotelli should have scored the other day but he's the new signing who's bags of craic so it hardly get's mentioned. If it was Borini posters here would be using it as a stick to beat him with - at least that's what I believe

Yeah but Borini's strike rate is poor whereas we know Balo can actually finish. Borini's ability compared to Balo's is evident. I take your point about "bags of craic", we need that in place of Suarez.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

klose wrote: »
    Rodgers has said in the presser sakho has a strain and will be out for 2-3 weeks. I hope it's not punishment for what happened last weekend as that would be ridiculously stupid.

Didn't realise Rodgers was into corporal punishment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Fescue

Does anyone actually think Sakho has a strain or am I being too cynical?

greendom wrote: »
    Didn't realise Rodgers was into corporal punishment

Haha wording :pac: you get what I mean anyways.

Well at least Sakho won't go on international duty next week then.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Fescue

Well at least Sakho won't go on international duty next week then.

I think it'd be good for him to get away with the French team, he seems more confident there than at Liverpool right now. Might come back in better form.

SlickRic wrote: »
    Sakho gone for 3 weeks.

relying on Skrtel, then Toure gives me the heebies.

also, no Sturridge again.

This could be the beginning of Gerrard dropping back into a CB role.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

Charlie19 wrote: »
    If someone is going to mock a keepers positioning, they should use a better example than Evertons equalizer as that was unstoppable.

The lad will never hit a better strike, It wasn't directly in the top corner but had enough movement to fool any keeper.
    Jag has scored quite a few similar and one or two better. Check out youtube if you get a chance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭viper006

garra wrote: »
    Yeah but Borini's strike rate is poor whereas we know Balo can actually finish. Borini's ability compared to Balo's is evident. I take your point about "bags of craic", we need that in place of Suarez.

The stats certainly say otherwise. In the last 20 pl games he had 63 shots and 1 goal. That's one of worst records going . Personally I'm worried by him but he is getting stuck in and you have to feel the goals will come if he keeps making chances.

Borini and Lambert are actually worse and not an any level good enough to play for club but thank God we have sturridge .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,052 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Just a final wee point on the crouching Mignolet thing - for me the issue isn't that he doesn't save it, it's how little of the goal he managed to cover in that instance.

Great strike, always going away from him etc, but I think you still want your keeper to at least be able to reach a reasonable quantity of his goal. This isn't one where his hand got there just after the ball - he was never close, and it wasn't near the corner.

Look at this screen cap (sorry for the quality) and you can pretty much ignore the ball. He's at full stretch here - look at the amount of the goal he was incapable of reaching. I think a far less powerful shot would still have beaten him here. Not really ideal...

323740.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Mignolet is been criticised because he as shown to be a poor keeper when it comes to the basics. If it was Neur or Courtois in goal and they got nothing on it everyone would be saying how great of a strike it was and the keeper didn't have a prayer.

I don't rate Mignolet but its incredibly harsh to hammer him over that goal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

So Sakho has a strain---ed relationship with the manager.

I'd say Sakho will do well to get back into the Liverpool team for a good while barring an injury to Lovern and Skrtel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

rarnes1 wrote: »
    I'd say Sakho will do well to get back into the Liverpool team for a good while barring an injury to Lovern and Skrtel

Which is bad news for us no matter what way you look at it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

Just watching City vs Roma - Hart's just made a similar blunder to Mig vs Ludogorets. I'm assuming he'll receive similar criticism from the media.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭kevohmsford

mosstin wrote: »
    Just watching City vs Roma - Hart's just made a similar blunder to Mig vs Ludogorets. I'm assuming he'll receive similar criticism from the media.

Thought Hart was on the bench for this game.

Oh he is playing. Sorry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

Gerrard only 34..... Totti is 38. Gerrard is actually in his prime. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

rarnes1 wrote: »

7vT5YWL.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

gafferino wrote: »
    Gerrard only 34..... Totti is 38. Gerrard is actually in his prime. :o

As Rodgers would say, 'young Gerrard'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Hodgson names his England squad for October’s double-header against San Marino and Estonia on Thursday and, with Rodgers admitting Sturridge could face West Bromwich Albion at Anfield on Saturday, may be tempted to include the striker despite his lack of match fitness.

But the Liverpool manager said: “Daniel won’t be fit. Whether he is available for the weekend or not, he won’t be fit. We are hoping he can develop over the next 24 hours and train with the team on Thursday and be available for some involvement and be in the squad on Saturday. But if you are talking about players’ availability [for England], then they need to be fit to play and Daniel will not be fit to play.”

Rodgers has not spoken to the England manager since Sturridge’s injury, suggesting a possible deterioration in their relationship, but added: “We have good dialogue and he knows he can call and speak about any of the players. Hopefully he will have found anything I have ever said about the England players working with Liverpool to be helpful.”

Asked if he expected England to overlook an unfit Sturridge for the fixtures on 9 and 12 October, the Liverpool manager said: “It’s something we have already stressed. We will see. My focus is on protecting the Liverpool players and at this moment in time my focus is on getting him fit for Liverpool.”

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/sep/30/brendan-rodgers-daniel-sturridge-liverpool-england?CMP=twt_gu

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

brevity wrote: »

Proper order really. It would be crazy for Sturridge to get injured on England duty, miss all the Liverpool games since and then be straight back into the England squad the minute he's back fit. He needs to sit the next internationals out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,955 ✭✭✭garra

Proper order really. It would be crazy for Sturridge to get injured on England duty, miss all the Liverpool games since and then be straight back into the England squad the minute he's back fit. He needs to sit the next internationals out.

Yep thats a clear 2 finger salute to Hodgson. In one respect you would have sympathy for Intl managers as they only have short spells of time in which to work with players from disparate teams on tactics / team set-up. On the other hand its Woy bloody Hodgson and you want to poke him in the eye and slap him round the chops for a bit.

"It doesn't leave us short, we're working with what we've got. We always felt after this next international break we should have everyone back and the group will be up to full strength again"

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/171638-br-s-update-on-sakho-sturridge-injuries

A win tomorrow would be huge. Would almost ensure our progression to the next round IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

gafferino wrote: »
    A win tomorrow would be huge. Would almost ensure our progression to the next round IMO.

Calls for a massive team effort.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

garra wrote: »
    Yep thats a clear 2 finger salute to Hodgson. In one respect you would have sympathy for Intl managers as they only have short spells of time in which to work with players from disparate teams on tactics / team set-up. On the other hand its Woy bloody Hodgson and you want to poke him in the eye and slap him round the chops for a bit.
    Dammit, i snorted tea up my nose at that:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭MR NINE

I presume people realise hodgson is gonna call him up. This the same hodgson who called him up and started him against ireland during pre season to test what he was made of when sturridge was recovering from injury. Theres no way hes gonna leave him out for two qualifiers. The only hope from liverpools point of view is to leave him out completely this weekend and convince hodgson hes still injured. If hes involved at all this week then hell be involved for england imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,504 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

MR NINE wrote: »
    I presume people realise hodgson is gonna call him up. This the same hodgson who called him up and started him against ireland during pre season to test what he was made of when sturridge was recovering from injury. Theres no way hes gonna leave him out for two qualifiers. The only hope from liverpools point of view is to leave him out completely this weekend and convince hodgson hes still injured. If hes involved at all this week then hell be involved for england imo.

Let me show you that bit in bold from Woy's view:
    "Oh look, Stuwwidge didn't play this week. Bwendan wested him so he could play both games for England. How considewate."
    Bad idea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,949 ✭✭✭dogbert27

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2008/nov/17/englandfootballteam-john-terry

It happened in 2008 with Gerrard being called up to be assessed by the English FA medical team after Liverpool ruled him out of action for 10 days.

I can see Hodgson calling him up.

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭skydish79

mosstin wrote: »
    Which is bad news for us no matter what way you look at it.

When Rodgers falls out with a player it only ends one way, agger, reina

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

TBH this is the kind of thing that only Sturridge can have the final decision on. The club can't force him to stay at home, so it's up to Sturridge to decide if he's willing to live with the inevitable bs that will come with him turning down an international call up.

It's Sturridge's call at the end of the day, so regardless of how little time I have for Hodgson you can't really blame him if Sturridge accepts the call up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

"Sturridge will miss Liverpool’s Champions League tie against Baselon Wednesday with the thigh injury" - The Guardian.

Baselon Wednesday. That's my next Fantasy Football team name sorted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

dogbert27 wrote: »
    http://www.theguardian.com/football/2008/nov/17/englandfootballteam-john-terry

It happened in 2008 with Gerrard being called up to be assessed by the English FA medical team after Liverpool ruled him out of action for 10 days.

I can see Hodgson calling him up.

If Sturridge plays for us this weekend he's fit and if he's fit he's going to be called up. International managers have an obligation to put their best available players on the pitch. Clubs don't give a toss about the international scene and vice versa. International managers have to fight their corner and use the rules to ensure they get the strongest squad possible together, their job depends on it. If I was an international manager and Sturridge played at the weekend I'd definitely call him up and even if he doesn't play at the weekend but it's possible he'd be fit in time for the first qualifier I'd still call him up. Why wouldn't I?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I know West Brom have hit a bit of form but I'd like to think Liverpool without Studge can still win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,511 ✭✭✭✭noodler

I know West Brom have hit a bit of form but I'd like to think Liverpool without Studge can still win.

I hoped for this against Villa, West Ham and Everton in fairness.

• Advertisement

skydish79 wrote: »
    When Rodgers falls out with a player it only ends one way, agger, reina

In fairness you have no idea who he has fallen out with. Over the course of a season there would lots of arguments, fallouts etc. Its normal to an extent....these guys are professional footballers, they want to play. He had Suarez playing with the youth team last year.....then what happened? Agger and Reina just happened to fall into the public realm a bit so we hear of it but to say it only ends one way is wrong.

Yeah if sturridge plays saturday and the hodge calls him up theres pretty much no way rodgers can publically have a go at hodgson for calling him up, he would look foolish.

Ideally roy would look at the fixtures who are san fcuking marino and estonia, use his head and say, ill leave sturridge fully recover and rooney is suspended for 3 club games so i can use him for the 180 minutes as the main striker, hardly likely though.

ByuwSEpCMAApJ39.jpg:large

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭punk_one82

According to Sky Sports Rodgers has told Hodgson that even if Sturridge is back for Liverpool this weekend he won't be fit for England. Success.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

punk_one82 wrote: »
    According to Sky Sports Rodgers has told Hodgson that even if Sturridge is back for Liverpool this weekend he won't be fit for England. Success.

BBC reporting it too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭punk_one82

x43r0 wrote: »

Unfortunately Hodgson can still call him up if he wants to though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

I really think Rodgers should just adopt the approach of Castro in the Simpsons, if he plays Sturridge at the weekend.

Roy - Sturridge wasn't at the fountain this morning with the other lads, where is he and can we have him back for England?

Brendan - Give who back?

simpsons-2.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    I really think Rodgers should just adopt the approach of Castro in the Simpsons, if he plays Sturridge at the weekend.

Roy - Sturridge wasn't at the fountain this morning with the other lads, where is he and can we have him back for England?

Brendan - Give who back?

simpsons-2.jpg

"Im sorry we dont have a Sturridge in our team, oh have you met our new exchange footballer Daniello de Sturrigo"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Vicxas wrote: »
    "Im sorry we dont have a Sturridge in our team, oh have you met our new exchange footballer Daniello de Sturrigo"

You mean our new striker from Ballyfermot, Niall D. Strugglin?? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

U19s kick off at 2pm, I hope we go for it and play Canos & Sinclair together.
    O'Hanlon & Kent out wide, Rossiter & Phillips in the middle.
    Ojo, Chirivella, Wilson, Brannagan and Marsh give us plenty of attacking options, hope hopefully we are not chasing the game...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭wcarey1975

Dickerty wrote: »
    U19s kick off at 2pm, I hope we go for it and play Canos & Sinclair together.
    O'Hanlon & Kent out wide, Rossiter & Phillips in the middle.
    Ojo, Chirivella, Wilson, Brannagan and Marsh give us plenty of attacking options, hope hopefully we are not chasing the game...

I thought he traveled with the team to the Basel game.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement