Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Note in OP, 1/09

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Lets face it, we are nothing without our two main men from last season!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭mav79

How many times does Rodgers need to see the 4-2-3-1 formation to see it does not work. Absolutely no positives in that performance yet again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

rarnes1 wrote: »
    We are a shambles and the big money signings aren't doing much.

They're doing nothing. Absolutely nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Rodgers is under pressure lads to get this right.

We are a shambles and the big money signings aren't doing much.

Last seasons over-achievement is in danger of turning into a Dead Cat Bounce

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Now I'm panicing. We are shocking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Rickie Lambert plays for us, it just says it all really.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,280 ✭✭✭slingerz

Centre midfield is a massive problem for Liverpool

Choose to ignore it if ya want but totally bullied and bossed in their as Gerrard hasn't the ability to get around and control the game while Henderson is being overrun. Don't tell me Allen and Can are the answers either. In fact Lucas would probably have been ideal in their alongside Henderson and Gerrard tonight over Coutinho.

Balotelli isn't performing for the team either, he's definitely trying but not trying to be part of the team. I wouldn't be adverse to seeing Lallana, Suso, Borini and Lambert get starts over Balotelli, Markovic, Coutinho and Sterling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Fescue

That's 4 losses in our first 9 games, at this point the spotlight has to start coming onto Rodgers. If he can't halt this slide shortly, it could well spiral out of control.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,890 ✭✭✭✭klose

Gerrard is at the stage where he isn't offering anything and hendo has to do his water carrying too resulting in a non existent midfield, how we are still playing 4231 is beyond me. I concede allen and can are being missed but we are woeful.

Its quite frankly a joke as well just how bad at set pieces we are, same mistakes over and over and over and over and over and......

• Advertisement

Rickie Lambert plays for us, it just says it all really.

Hold tough he wasn't at fault tonight at all

Markovic was very poor yet again

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Five games without a win, and no I'm not counting a penalty shootout win.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

Howya lads, just back from two weeks in solitary. Did I miss anything?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

**** sake. Basel weren't worth a ****e :mad: Awful disjointed atm. But there have been some positives too. BADLY need Sturridge back with Balotelli asap. Agree about the Gerrard and Henderson midfield, its restricting us too much in possession. Allen and Hendo would give the team a hell of alot more urgency

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Devilman40k

We are in serious trouble. Rodgers has to drop Gerrard, if only to prove us wrong. It's beyond a joke now.

Balotelli is confirming the doubts I had about him ( really wish he wasn't :( )

We are so pedestrian it's laughable. No intensity to our play, no pace, no guile. It's like the team has forgotten how to play.

All the last 4 weeks has proven is we are a 1 man team.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Someone get that defender stat chart out. Skrtel was awful tonight.

Thought that was a massive missed opportunity. I didn't think either team played particularly well and unfortunately for us Sterling had an absolute mare in front of goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Ballotelli is a disease.

He infects his teammates.

I would drop him immediately.

I think 5-3-2 might be an option for Liverpool really

Use Manquillo and Moreno as wing backs and the additional centre half should surely make us more solid

Could then put Gerrard, Henderson and Lallana/Coutinho in the middle then and give Borini an outing alongside Balotelli/Lambert.

At least the fullbacks will grey some crosses in as well trying to play through them from the centre of midfield

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Stargate

Have to say after watching many a Liverpool team over the years , this team is muck and doesn't look like improving anytime soon . Imagine losing to West Brom at home Saturday ??? Jez !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

We haven't been good enough this season. But some lads need to pull themselves together. Some cringey stuff being posted.

• Advertisement

Defense was poor as usual for Rodgers but it's the attack thats worries me. It's out managers main strength and we are just woeful

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,555 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

noodler wrote: »
    Ballotelli is a disease.

Unfair in my opinion. He had a go tonight and he got poor service.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I just wish I could believe that Rodgers would have the courage to drop Gerrard. Can't see it happening at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

I hope Rodgers kept his notes from last season. Dig them out Brenden!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Sterling should give his match fee to charity it was the worst I have seen from a liverpool player ever including the likes of traore Carroll kvarme Jimmy Carter that sterling performance beats all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

BR had a shocker this evening.

Ballotelli is a disease.

Give over FFS....

Ballotelli is a disease.

I'd get rid in January tbh.

He doesn't suit our play and never will,

Remember though, he was a "low risk" signing :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

Sterling, Markovic and Ballotelli were poor again, with the amount of offsides absolutely maddening.

I really underestimated Suarez's effect on this team as they seem to be bereft of the belief and unrelenting aggression that were hallmarks of last season.

I'd get rid in January tbh.

He doesn't suit our play and never will,

Remember though, he was a "low risk" signing :rolleyes:

Who said he was low risk rarnes?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Raif Severance

Borini should have played. Aside from Sterling, who was Poor in the Game, none of our other Players can Make the Runs and Pull the Defenders.

We're too Predictable and too Easy to Defend.

Balo does put in Work. But it's Clear that he doesn't Fit our Style of Play.

In Hindsight, we're probably better off keeping Origi, instead of Loaning him.

5-3-2 lads I'm telling ye it's the answer for Liverpool at the moment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Wake up rodgers for **** sake. Wrong players, wrong formation again.

Henderson is rendered useless as he is playing deep helping a pitiful Gerrard who shouldn't be on the pitch.

Stop rotating the side, play what you think is the best and stick with it for now until we build some confidence and results.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

murpho999 wrote: »
    Unfair in my opinion. He had a go tonight and he got poor service.

No, had a go at his teammates more like.

I have waited long enough, I felt it when we signed him and everything I have seen so far has supported my own view.

Unless we go a goal up early on he will be useless, no stomach for chasing games, berating younger players for his own mistakes, absolutely stupid indiscipline (should have been red), going down too easy, too selfish.

He is in this for himself alone and not what we need in the middle of a near-miss situation.

NukaCola wrote: »
    We haven't been good enough this season. But some lads need to pull themselves together. Some cringey stuff being posted.

So everything is grand we have just played two of the worst teams I have seen in Europe beaten by one and blessed to beat the other
    Playing absolute crap in the league creating feck all
    Wake up and smell the coffee lad this side is horrendous

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Skrtel is such a clown. Just attack the ball and head it clear ffs. Always wants to wrestle with an opposition player and completely ignores the ball coming in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,504 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Borini should have played. Aside from Sterling, who was Poor in the Game, none of our other Players can Make the Runs and Pull the Defenders.

We're too Predictable and too Easy to Defend.

Balo does put in Work. But it's Clear that he doesn't Fit our Style of Play.

In Hindsight, we're probably better off keeping Origi, instead of Loaning him.

That was never an option though. The deal was buy him and loan him back or walk away. Wish there was a recall clause in there though, He's been playing very well in Ligue 1 this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Individuals. That's all I saw this evening. No one had a ****ing clue what to do. They weren't supporting each other, there seemed to be no communication what so ever.

****ing so depressing that was. So many players not playing in a system that doesnt support them. Balotelli cannot lead the line on his own..imo he tried tonight but ultimately failed...crowded out like all our strikers when they are played on their own.

Our midfield were non-existent...they couldn't control the game and seemed happy to let Basel dictate the game. Defense was skittish as usual.

Rodgers needs to buck up and figure **** out fast because that performance was on him imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭mav79

Rodgers might not have much choice with playing Gerrard at the moment because of lack of midfielders, but to sub Couthino for Lallana regardless of how everyone is playing is ridiculous. It is like as if he has a set idea of his subs before the game, and makes them regardless of how the game is going.

• Advertisement

Can see by basle's players and staff celebrating at the end how big a win it was from them Rodgers looked clueless on the line tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Devilman40k

slingerz wrote: »
    5-3-2 lads I'm telling ye it's the answer for Liverpool at the moment

Sterling Borini up front vs West Brom for me....can't be as bad we have been .At least they will create movement and space. Lallana , Lucas and Henderson in mid....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Official: ruh roh

So everything is grand we have just played two of the worst teams I have seen in Europe beaten by one and blessed to beat the other
    Playing absolute crap in the league creating feck all
    Wake up and smell the coffee lad this side is horrendous

Real just beat ludo 2-1. Basel are no chumps either.

Come in off the ledge, calm yourself down. I never said everything is fine. I said we were poor. Some people are losing there minds, like yourself by the sounds of things.

I hope Rodgers decides to change things up for the weekend

The likes of Suso, Lallana, Borini need to get given a go as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Raif Severance

BR should play Lucas, Hendo and Lallana at MF, against Westbrom.

Otherwise, we're going to Stare at another Loss.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

We are playing Hodgeball this season at times lads. Prepare for it to get worse before it will get better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

tok9 wrote: »
    Someone get that defender stat chart out. Skrtel was awful tonight.

Thought that was a massive missed opportunity. I didn't think either team played particularly well and unfortunately for us Sterling had an absolute mare in front of goal.
    But he's our best defender according to some

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,937 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Gerrard won't be dropped!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

We are playing Hodgeball this season at times lads. Prepare for it to get worse before it will get better.

That's what I thought tonight - looked like a Hodgson side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Unpopular: Rodgers looking rather hapless lately

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement