Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Note in OP, 1/09

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Hopefully we get Sterling close to Lambert today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Pilsbury Doughboy

At least Lambert will try and stay onside and not be strolling about the place, that's the only good news about that team selection, Balo needs a kick up the hole, shame I have him in my FF team!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

NukaCola wrote: »
    A loss today and the pressure will be huge. I can barely believe it being honest. Football fans really are fickle.

If this season turns out to be poor I would have thought BR would still have a huge backing. All it takes is a bad start to the season before people start to turn. Nature of the beast i guess.

I was one of BR biggest supporters in his first season at charge and even finished 7th I believe I seen our team perform in a matter that was promising , Last season with the 2nd half of the season was amazing , we played like champions but defence was abysmal.

Season is early yet but my biggest issue is the money we had and spent was poor IMO and the sum will be the deciding factor for BR if we continue down this path of poor performances.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

At least Lambert will try and stay onside and not be strolling about the place, that's the only good news about that team selection, Balo needs a kick up the hole, shame I have him in my FF team!

I dunno, to tell someone they need to score more and then not give them the opportunity to do so is demoralising.

Doesn't look good for Ballotelli being dropped so early in his career. Could be another Robbie Keane type career.

Unless formations are changed I'm not sure if Lambert up top will make much difference. However, I can see him giving much more effort than Ballotelli.

• Advertisement

I was one of BR biggest supporters in his first season at charge and even finished 7th I believe I seen our team perform in a matter that was promising , Last season with the 2nd half of the season was amazing , we played like champions but defence was abysmal.

Season is early yet but my biggest issue is the money we had and spent was poor IMO and the sum will be the deciding factor for BR if we continue down this path of poor performances.

I think we need to give these signings time. Not what anyone wants to hear but thats the reality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,954 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

The only thing that's got me slightly excited is the midfield three of Sterling, Coutinho and Lallana playing together.

Hopefully Lallana can rediscover some sort of connection with Lambert too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,937 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The thing is it doesn't matter if it's Lambert or Ballotelli playing up front on there own.

It won't work as both players work better playing off a second striker and dragging players away from there striking partner to open up space.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Sideshow Mark

Really don't understand starting Lambert on his own. This has disaster written all over it.

The thing is it doesn't matter if it's Lambert or Ballotelli playing up front on there own.

It won't work as both players work better playing off a second striker and dragging players away from there striking partner to open up space.

The game will go like this. We'll concede from a set piece. Our Midfield will be over ran. We will continue to work it to wide positions time and time again and not get the final ball right. Lambert will miss 2 goal opportunities. 1-0 to WB.........if the last few games are anything to go by :p

• Advertisement

I wonder what Borini thinks of his decision to stay now.....

I wonder what Borini thinks of his decision to stay now.....

He's making good runs to the shop for the gaffer as we speak

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭robz150

5-1 to Liverpool as West Brom fall apart :pac: - you heard it here first :cool:

rarnes1 wrote: »
    He's making good runs to the shop for the gaffer as we speak

Triffic movement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

Good decision to drop Balotelli IMO, to see him strolling around on wednesday when we're losing, him not willing to pass the ball quickly, him falling over as soon as someone breathes on him, and then giving out even when he gets a free kick and the general not giving a damn has no place in this liverpool team.

If he wants to throw a sulk then let him, he's blowing his last big chance in football IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

I find it amusing that Balotelli gets stick for falling over considering who we sold during the summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Have a feeling West Brom are going to win this one. Unfortunate that Sturridge is still out injured, but I really think Rodgers should have gone with two up front. From what we have seen of Lambert so far he really doesn't look up to scratch, at least if we had of played him and Balotelli up there it might have taken some of the pressure off Lambert, although not sure that combination will work either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭MR NINE

Lambert up front is gonna give us all the same problems as having balotelli up front. If he wanted to change something he should have gone for borini. Lambert is just a poor mans balotelli. He was woeful against boro, doesnt deserve to be starting ahead of balotelli imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Sideshow Mark

Have a feeling West Brom are going to win this one. Unfortunate that Sturridge is still out injured, but I really think Rodgers should have gone with two up front. From what we have seen of Lambert so far he really doesn't look up to scratch, at least if we had of played him and Balotelli up there it might have taken some of the pressure off Lambert, although not sure that combination will work either.

It needs two up front, Borini and Balotelli, hoping against hope that Lambert proves me wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 324 ✭✭Spook80

Loving this whole jinx business. Lambert to score 2 or more at 8-1 :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

I think we need to give these signings time. Not what anyone wants to hear but thats the reality.
    Time waits for no man,how much time is needed?Do we keep hoping teams around us keep dropping points as well or watch 4th spot slip away early in the season

delw wrote: »
    Time waits for no man,how much time is needed?Do we keep hoping teams around us keep dropping points as well or watch 4th spot slip away early in the season

I think we have to trust the manager to get the best out of the team as fast as possible. I have every confidence BR will get us back to where we need to be but a tough start is to be expected.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Fr. Ned

Super-Rush wrote: »
    I find it amusing that Balotelli gets stick for falling over considering who we sold during the summer.

Are you seriously comparing Balotelli to Suarez?

Fr. Ned wrote: »
    Are you seriously comparing Balotelli to Suarez?

They both like falling over.

Not surprising to see Lambert ahead of borini, borini was clearly not part of plans. Bal' must be being awkward, maybe showing nothing in training since midweek game. Lambert up front be grand imo, sterling seems to be getting in box plenty of late, Lambert won't be isolated imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,555 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Big and brave call by Rodger's. Obviously trying to send a message to Mario.

He could be remembered for this decision for a long time.

Augeo wrote: »
    Not surprising to see Lambert ahead of borini, borini was clearly not part of plans. Bal' must be being awkward, maybe showing nothing in training since midweek game. Lambert up front be grand imo, sterling seems to be getting in box plenty of late, Lambert won't be isolated imo.

Have you watched Lambert play for us?

Coincidentally Emile Heskey is in the Setanta studio for this game.

Have you watched Lambert play for us?

Coincidentally Emile Heskey is in the Setanta studio for this game.

I have but there's not much minutes to go on, you can't discount two years based on 180 minutes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Fr. Ned

They both like falling over.

That's about the only thing they have in common.

• Advertisement

Fr. Ned wrote: »
    That's about the only thing they have in common.

Exactly.

Now read my original post again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,937 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

One up front does not work for this Liverpool team.

So frustrating that the manager can't see this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Ibe booked for diving in the opposition area, cue near riot by the sound of it (they are playing Millwall). I wondered why there was 5 minutes extra time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭pmy.murphy

I notice Lambert is up front today, one of the many passengers we have signed over the summer. So far Markovic looks like one of the worst signings in years. His first touch is awful plus hes completely headless at what to do with the ball.

I cant help but think theres some sort of conspiracy theory going on at Liverpool. Its almost like we dont want to sign the top players for fear we might win something and its been going on for the best part of 20 years now

If I was given 120 million to spend on players I know what players Id be buying
    as opposed to needlessly wasting it. Ill be interested to see how many of these guys will be a success. So far Manquillo looks average, Lovren has been awful, Moreno has been a mixture of the good and bad but I think he will ultimately turn out to be a very good signing, Emre Can hasnt played enough to judge, Markovic has been awful the worst of the lot, Lallana looks to be coming good, Balotelli hasnt been as bad as hes made out to be but I just dont think he was the right signing for our system, he may come good when Sturridge returns to complement him, Lambert is not the sort of player a Champions League club should be signing or to win titles either, he is simply a journeyman.

Ive been waiting a while to unleash this rant and Im sure I will get a few interesting responses which I will look forward too. Rant over.......for now:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭robz150

robz150 wrote: »
    5-1 to Liverpool as West Brom fall apart :pac: - you heard it here first :cool:

Its still on :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,890 ✭✭✭✭klose

We can kiss any aspirations goodbye with Lovren and skrtel as our first choice pairing. Brainless the two of em.

• Advertisement

klose wrote: »
    We can kiss any aspirations goodbye with Lovren and skrtel as our first choice pairing. Brainless the two of em.

Agree, I said it at the time that selling Daniel Agger was criminal. Although prone to the odd mistake himself he was still better than both put together

Glen Johnson coming on now....Thats all we need

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭FreeOSCAR

klose wrote: »

Was Lovern really this bad last year for Southampton?

Arguably he has been our worst signing so far this summer. I expected him to be somewhat reliable coming in. Mistake every game from the chap and he is ridiculously slow even for a big CB.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Sea Sharp

I wonder how we'd be if Borini took the hint and ****ed off and we had used the money for Remy instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Sea Sharp wrote: »
    I wonder how we'd be if Borini took the hint and ****ed off and we had used the money for Remy instead.

Ya because it's not like we agreed a fee for Remy anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Devilman40k

pmy.murphy wrote: »
    Agree, I said it at the time that selling Daniel Agger was criminal. Although prone to the odd mistake himself he was still better than both put together

Glen Johnson coming on now....Thats all we need

Right....selling Agger a mistake. He said himself he wasn't up to the physicality of the PL. It had taken its toll on him and he couldn't perform at this level any longer. His own words. If that wasn't the case why is he in the Danish league and not at another PL club or another of the top leagues?

• Advertisement

Right....selling Agger a mistake. He said himself he wasn't up to the physicality of the PL. It had taken its toll on him and he couldn't perform at this level any longer. His own words. If that wasn't the case why is he in the Danish league and not at another PL club or another of the top leagues?

Im not saying Agger was a world beater but was certainly better what we have got now

Also he is in the Danish League because he went back to join his boyhood club as he couldnt play for anyone else if it wasnt going to be LFC. He did get other offers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Relieved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

Balotelli was excellent when he came on. More of that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

Jesus I fcuking love Jordan Henderson! Some passion from the lad!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Feels good, man.

Still cant get over that penalty decision. Shockingly bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭rob316

3 points couldn't give a toss about anything else. Hopefully we can put a run together now after the international break.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Lallana I like, the slight change in the middle which saw Hendo given more licence to get forward and the use of Lucas to allow Gerrard get forward later on. The captain was better generally today getting across the field to tidy up as the deepest midfielder ought to be able to.

Full backs were okay as was Balo when he came on with some good hold up and passing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,890 ✭✭✭✭klose

Just what was needed! Now to get the through the break and get Allen can and sakho fit and get some form and momentum going.

Big impact from Balo I felt, good games from lallana hendo and Moreno. Was particularly relieved to see how it was hendo and Lucas with Gerard ahead of em when Lucas came on.

Few sights better than a hendo goal, means so much to the lad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Lucas thought he was being brought on as an attacking option, there.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement