Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Note in OP, 1/09

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

So then he is on loan then till next summer. When Utd will buy him.
    Type slower, maybe:confused:

;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 970 ✭✭✭dr ro

gafferino wrote: »
    For anyone who is travelling to games in December the United, arsenal and Swansea games have been moved for tv.
    When are Januarys fixture changes announced, do you know? Going to hammers game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,296 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

For anyone who is travelling to games in December the United, arsenal and Swansea games have been moved for tv.

Just booked my flights for the Arsenal game was not paying attention and thought i was on the Saturday, but it turns out i was on the friday, ahh well extra night in Liverpool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Just booked my flights for the Arsenal game was not paying attention and thought i was on the Saturday, but it turns out i was on the friday, ahh well extra night in Liverpool

Strange username there chap...

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

J Mysterio wrote: »

He's from Derry according to his info under his username, probably your answer there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,296 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

J Mysterio wrote: »

Derry City / Liverpool fan

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

Liam O wrote: »
    United bought Falcao, Monaco just want the money in next Summer's accounts.

Really? Where you getting this from?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Liam O wrote: »
    United bought Falcao, Monaco just want the money in next Summer's accounts.

No they haven't - they have committed to signing him full time next summer though. It is true that Monaco want the income next year not this for FFP purposes.

Good news! ;)

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/oct/06/glen-johnson-may-leave-liverpool

Presumably he could just sign the deal on the table...or is he really looking for more? Some cheek.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Various sources reporting Henderson to be offered a new 5 year deal as well which can only be good news. He's earned it more than most anyhow, and I'll be delighted to get him tied down for longer.

Here is the Telegraph one.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Derry City / Liverpool fan

One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Jesus thats brilliant. I dont know why though

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

It's from Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas Mysterio.

1267062217995352.jpeg

Here is who is on international duty. Should be a decent recovery time when they come back. Apart from poor Coutinho....he has to go to China and Singapore. Hopefully he gets some time.

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/171922-breakdown-reds-on-international-duty

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭kevohmsford

I wonder how much of an upgrade Victor Valdes will be on Mignolet if he comes in. A bit of competition is needed though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

I'd love a trip to China and Singapore! But I guess there will be very little sightseeing.
    That Singapore Airlines A380 from London :sigh: :(

Here is who is on international duty. Should be a decent recovery time when they come back. Apart from poor Coutinho....he has to go to China and Singapore. Hopefully he gets some time.

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/171922-breakdown-reds-on-international-duty

They forgot Origi!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

They forgot Origi!

Possibly cause Origi is on Loan?

Still Liverpool's player. You'd have thought it would have warranted a mention.

They will be sure to mention him if he scores!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Moreno and Manquillo both in the U-21 squad for Spain.

convocatoria_sub21_653x390.jpg?itok=YDJv-UzM

You could put that guy Jonny's name in front of anyone of the other's names and you've got yourself a decent baddie from a 80s action flick.

• Advertisement

Gerrard, Henderson & Lallana up for POTM in September. Hardly a glory month for Liverpool but for me I would give it to Lallana with Henderson a close 2nd.

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/171929-pick-your-september-player-of-the-month

I'd give it to Sturridge, flawless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭Ciano35

Gerrard, Henderson & Lallana up for POTM in September. Hardly a glory month for Liverpool but for me I would give it to Lallana with Henderson a close 2nd.

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/171929-pick-your-september-player-of-the-month

Would definitely give it to lallana, the lad deserves it imo.

razorblunt wrote: »
    You could put that guy Jonny's name in front of anyone of the other's names and you've got yourself a decent baddie from a 80s action flick.

Personal fav - Jonny Morata
    Hard-man sidekick of Don Manquillo (which sounds like a bottled water)

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭Hoki

You should apply for a job in the 'Loan/international Watch' department at LFC , teach them a thing or two about a thing or two ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Ciano35 wrote: »
    Would definitely give it to lallana, the lad deserves it imo.

No one deserves it IMO.

Lallana has been slightly above average while surrounded by dross, hardly a ringing endorsement for a £25m signing.

Lallanas best moment so far was his Peter Beardsley impression against WBA but that was in October.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Pilsbury Doughboy

Mr Alan wrote: »
    No one deserves it IMO.

Lallana has been slightly above average while surrounded by dross, hardly a ringing endorsement for a £25m signing.

Yea I hope they cancel the Xmas party too unless results dramatically improve.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

No one deserves it IMO.

Do you ever get tired of giving out? I'd say you're some craic in in real life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

hefferboi wrote: »
    Do you ever get tired of giving out? I'd say you're some craic in in real life.

When we rehire Rafa he'll be fine with us finishing top ten.

No one deserves it IMO.

Well this is the Standard Chartered Player of The Month award which is awarded every month to the best player in the team that particular month. So someone gets an award every month.

So you think Lallana yeah?

No one deserves it IMO.

So where is the benchmark? What happened last season when Suarez was walking away with awards, sometimes jointly with Sturridge, and Sterling & Hendo were missing out - should their levels not have seen the need for 4 awards a month?

Or do you only play out negative scenarios?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

No one deserves it IMO.

A little ray of sunshine on this cold autumnal day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

Yea I hope they cancel the Xmas party too unless results dramatically improve.

Party? We've been so **** they should just go the whole hog and cancel Christmas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,949 ✭✭✭dogbert27

No one deserves it IMO.

Mr. Alan says:

beatings-will-continue-until-morale-improves-3.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Daemonic

In fairness, however wins it for September will have been the best of a bad lot.

We know that much, its just the usual "everything is worse than it actually is" hyperbolic nonsense people are reacting to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭rob316

No one deserves it IMO.

Jaysus man a bit of patience. He was out injured for 2 months so missed a full pre-season. You saw a glimpse of Adam's talents last weekend, get him sharp and fully match fit he will be a huge player for us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

We know that much, its just the usual "everything is worse than it actually is" hyperbolic nonsense people are reacting to.

Could be worse. You could be a part of the "Everything is awesome!" crowd. :P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭DVDM93

Happy 41st Birthday Sami Hyypiä :) you fcuking legend! That first time volleyed goal v Juventus in 2005 being my fondest memory.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭chicorytip

Rodgers stated in the aftermath of the Basel game that Ballotelli was "lacking fitness". If this is the case why is he being
    selected and ,given that he's not carrying any obvious injury, how can a top professional club not ensure it's players are performing in peak condition.

chicorytip wrote: »
    Rodgers stated in the aftermath of the Basel game that Ballotelli was "lacking fitness". If this is the case why is he being selected and ,given that he's not carrying any obvious injury, how can a top professional club not ensure it's players are performing in peak condition.

He didn't start against WBA did he? Fitness is not just a lack of injury - he arrived three weeks behind the Prem League pace as he was working on Serie A schedule. Maybe that's the issue.

DVDM93 wrote: »
    Happy 41st Birthday Sami Hyypiä :) you fcuking legend! That first time volleyed goal v Juventus in 2005 being my fondest memory.
    My memory is hazy but I seem to recall a goal he got against Marseille (maybe) when he jinked his way round a couple of people and smacked it in, I think a mate of mine had him at 33/1 FGS in that match, it was a lateish winner IIRC, anyone shed any more light on it?

I've similar feelings watching our lads going off to play for England than I would if I had a son fighting in WW2. Just come home safe lads, as dangerous and all as it is, please!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,676 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

No idea, so here's all of them. Auxerre at the 3 minute mark would be my guess.

Some legendary headers in there - back in the days when we could hit a half decent cross....

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

No idea, so here's all of them. Auxerre at the 3 minute mark would be my guess.

Some legendary headers in there - back in the days when we could hit a half decent cross....

Yea it was Auxerre, close enough I suppose, albeit it wasn't quite the goal I remembered, I think it was just the sort of goal where Sami had no business popping up and scoring and a cool finish.

Henderson was my player of the month for September for what it's worth.

Was a brutal month anyway football wise and delighted it's finished!

brevity wrote: »

and yet here we are still playing head tennis. Time to sell Lucas and buy a load of buckets with the money :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

DVDM93 wrote: »
    and yet here we are still playing head tennis. Time to sell Lucas and buy a load of buckets with the money :)

Bring back Downing and his wheelie bins I say!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement