Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Note in OP, 1/09

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

I'd pay good money for someone to make a gif of this and replace the Raptor with Toure.

lauradern-jurassicpark3.gif

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭DVDM93

Augmerson wrote: »
    This thread was 65 million years in the making.

Thankfully we survived possible extinction when the asteroid known as Hodgson hit us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

DVDM93 wrote: »
    Thankfully we survived possible extinction when the asteroid known as Hodgson hit us.

Some would say we just evolved into pandas.

qbjK4D.jpg

Almost missed that. But where all my appreciation? I did the hard work and pulled the idea out of the ether, you just did art Peggy.

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Some would say we just evolved into pandas.

Pandemonium so it was :P

lY8fYOB.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Bit o gossip...

Suso is off & we are agreeing wages with Valdes.

Will be a shame to see Suso go...

lY8fYOB.jpg

Hodgson couldn't dream of having the same level of intelligence as a goat nevermind a velociraptor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Hodgson couldn't dream of having the same level of intelligence as a goat nevermind a velociraptor.

He is twice as frightening though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

brevity wrote: »
    Bit o gossip...

Suso is off & we are agreeing wages with Valdes.

Will be a shame to see Suso go...

Are you reading the Express?

http://liverpooloffside.sbnation.com/2014/10/8/6945945/suso-let-me-leave-milan-four-month-old-june-quotes-porto

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,044 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

brevity wrote: »

From Harry's link im guessing he means the Suso part rather than the Valdes part.

Would definitely like to see Suso get his chance still.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,932 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

13 Weeks of this kind of thing I don't think I can handle it.

Liverpool are closing in on the signing of Marco Reus with Borussia Dortmund already working on signing a replacement for him.

The Reds have moved into pole position for Reus in recent weeks after being alerted by the news that he’s rejected a new contract at Dortmund.

They were expecting to move for him the summer, but reports say a January deal is now on the cards, with Dortmund resigned to losing him – and targeting a replacement.

http://metro.co.uk/2014/10/08/liverpool-close-on-marco-reus-transfer-as-borussia-dortmund-chase-replacement-4898537/

There's no way we're signing Reus.

Seen that there myself on FB, then another link from the same source that we're signing Balde from Lazio for £15m.

It makes me think, how sports journalists must LOVE their jobs. You can literally write ANYTHING you want and given the power of social media and what not, it'll build up like a snowball rolling down a hill. All it takes is one source, a half-reasonable story/reason, a few retweets and BANG! Job done.

That's just a general comment by the way. I do know we've been linked with Reus for quite a while now. Awh what I'd do to see him in a Liverpool shirt :)

The only thing one does with the Metro is light farts with it - cos you have set it on FIRE!

There's no way we're signing Reus.

I don't know with Johnson playing hardball on a new contract and Manquillo still not up pace an experienced RB is needed.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Reus, no chance whatsoever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

I don't know with Johnson playing hardball on a new contract and Manquillo still not up pace an experienced RB is needed.

Reckon Messi would be better defensively...

• Advertisement

5live wrote: »
    Reckon Messi would be better defensively...

Too easily exposed with the ball over his head..

Something for the laydeeze

The Liverpool Ladies (really ought that not be women in this day and age?) played and won their first UEFA Women's Champions League game against Swedish (therefore very good) side Linkopings 2-1. They also play their final WCL game at the weekend, they could win the title again but need to win and add a few goals to the difference while two other sides need to lose and not win respectively. So a tall order but it could happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,504 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

https://twitter.com/jesanchez3/status/519768667349721088

For Christ sake Jose, we haven't a hope of signing Reus now.....how stupid could ya be! :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

martyos121 wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/jesanchez3/status/519768667349721088

For Christ sake Jose, we haven't a hope of signing Reus now.....how stupid could ya be! :mad:

He could always just offer Reus a bash off his girlfriend?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

Hitler jokes broadcast around the world, he really isn't the brightest spark is he?

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Optimus Caesar

Hitler jokes broadcast around the world, he really isn't the brightest spark is he?

Did he not say it was a Charlie Chaplin moustache?

Not saying its clever but the Hitler association is yours... and sure it was Adolf that copied good old Charlie as he was so popular at the time ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Did he not say it was a Charlie Chaplin moustache?

Not saying its clever but the Hitler association is yours... and sure it was Adolf that copied good old Charlie as he was so popular at the time ;)

Yep - he used to watch all Chaplin's movies, was a huge fan, until he made The Great Dictator, which is alleged to have broken Hitler's heart. Which is nice. :D

Anyway, it's clearly not a Hitler thing, no one is THAT dumb...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

I'm hopeful for manquillo. But I'll be glad to see the back of Johnson.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,954 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Seems Lovren has been injured training with Croatia, won't play a part in the international games. Not sure how long he's out for.

Lovren injured? Ughhhhhh

a_560x0.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

#KoloTime

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

Vicxas wrote: »
    I'm hopeful for manquillo. But I'll be glad to see the back of Johnson.
    Manquillo is only 19 so i would expect Johnson back after the break. Manquillo will still get cup and maybe league games after the CL but i wouldn't be in favour of burning him out before christmas, like Insua.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,889 ✭✭✭✭klose

Don't see us being any worse without Lovren tbh if he's injured he's made so little impact thus far. Not saying it's a good thing he's injured obviously.

Is Sakho injured too?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Raif Severance

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Is Sakho injured too?

Not anymore. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

"Brendan Rodgers keeps in touch when he can because he's a busy man," he told reporters.

"Sometimes he sends me some messages and sometimes people from Liverpool come and visit me in Lille. It's good to know they are following my progress.

"Things are going well but there's still some room for improvement. I'm still working hard trying to prepare myself for a higher level. I'm feeling good and ready to continue this form."

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2014/10/09/5169497/-?

klose wrote: »
    Don't see us being any worse without Lovren tbh if he's injured he's made so little impact thus far. Not saying it's a good thing he's injured obviously.

Skrtel & Toure as starting CB's would scare me alot to be honest.

Edit; Is this the moment Gerrard drops back into a CB role?! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Skrtel & Toure as starting CB's would scare me alot to be honest.

Edit; Is this the moment Gerrard drops back into a CB role?! :eek:

I think the aim is to make the defence better, not worse so I doubt that will happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

I really love how the club has approached the Origi situation - loaning him back to Lille was a very good idea. He can continue his progression within the same environment that brought him to prominence.

To me it's a bit like in Game of Thrones how everyone is butchering the **** out of each other in Westeros and all the while yer wan with the Dragons is slowly but surely making her approach, and when she finally does land, you know she is going to **** **** up. Origi will hopefully **** defences up left right and center.

Was looking at the fixture list for the league and apart from the Chelsea game, we have some very winnable games - providing we get our **** together.

QPR
    Hull
    Newcastle
    Chelsea
    Crystal Palace
    Stoke
    Leicester
    Sunderland
    Man U
    Arsenal
    Burnley (Day after Christmas)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Demosthenese

I really love how the club has approached the Origi situation - loaning him back to Lille was a very good idea. He can continue his progression within the same environment that brought him to prominence.

To me it's a bit like in Game of Thrones how everyone is butchering the **** out of each other in Westeros and all the while yer wan with the Dragons is slowly but surely making her approach, and when she finally does land, you know she is going to **** **** up. Origi will hopefully **** defences up left right and center.

Yes, that's EXACTLY what it's like :D ... although she is better on the eye imo.

Was looking at the fixture list for the league and apart from the Chelsea game, we have some very winnable games - providing we get our **** together.

QPR
    Hull
    Newcastle
    Chelsea
    Crystal Palace
    Stoke
    Leicester
    Sunderland
    Man U
    Arsenal

Alot of very losable games too!

Sturridge back will definitely help but if he has was to pick up another injury I think we'd struggle in most of those games tbh

QPR
    Hull
    Newcastle
    Chelsea
    Crystal Palace
    Stoke
    Leicester
    Sunderland
    Man U
    Arsenal

I'd take 25 points from those games thats 25 fromm 33 ontop of the 11 we have now would put us on 36 points from 18 games.

2ppg per game gets us top 4 I would say.

Of course that is with us having a fully fit squad.

QPR away
    (3 days later we play...)
    Real Madrid Home (Champ League)
    Hull Home
    Swansea Home (League Cup)
    Newcastle Away
    (3 days later we play...)
    Real Madrid Away (Champ League)
    (4 days later we play)
    Chelsea Home
    Crystal Palace Away
    (3 days later we play)
    Ludogogrets Away (Champ League)
    (3 days later we play)
    Stoke Home
    Leicester Away
    Sunderland Home
    (3 days we play)
    FC Basel Home (Champ League)
    (4 days later play)
    Man Utd Away
    Arsenal Home
    Burnley Away

Going to say we should just play the fringe or youths against Swansea. You know when you factor in the CL turnaround, it's pretty tight. It's vital we take a point at least off Real Madrid and beat Ludo and beat Basel and hope that Ludo take points off Basel if we are to get 2nd in that group.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Demosthenese

One thing that jumps out looking at those fixtures is that it's pretty obvious that Gerard cannot play in every game that we have (League Cup aside) - if BR wants to rest Sterling at times already early in the season then Gerard needs to have an able replacement lined up and fast. It comes down to whether you want to have him for CL games or not ... i'd imagine he'll be bursting a gut to play Madrid for sure but we are sure to suffer then against premier league opposition ...

We'll need this bigger better squad we've built to start firing on all cylinders ASAP cos that's some fixture list!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭jasonb

You mean the one whom after 4 seasons is still wandering around looking for some boats for her Army? She doesn't exactly fill me with confidence to be honest, how long does it take to find some boats? ;)

J.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,889 ✭✭✭✭klose

I was thinking how we could recall Coates or ilori if there's a bit of a centre back emergency but then I remembered both of them are injured too :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

I really love how the club has approached the Origi situation - loaning him back to Lille was a very good idea.

Well yeah, it was Lille's idea!

8-10 wrote: »
    Well yeah, it was Lille's idea!

Oh.

tumblr_static_97ma4kjxvzsw8kkoo8o80gko8.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

klose wrote: »
    I was thinking how we could recall Coates or ilori if there's a bit of a centre back emergency but then I remembered both of them are injured too :D

Assuming neither Sakho or Lovren are back fit in time, it's Skrtel and Touré with Lloyd Jones on the bench. Which should be fine, two very experienced players...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement