Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Note in OP, 1/09

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Been a long time since we have wanted more players to leave than new players to sign at the end of a transfer window. Hell of alot of progress Liverpool have made in 2 years!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Dickerty wrote: »
    I think Balotelli makes more sense for us, and Falcao makes more for them. They need real firepower to mask their defensive failings, and to show that they cna still compete for the best players.
    We need someone who can replace Suarez's ability to make something from nothing, and who our Rodgers can work with to get the best of, which is a strength of his...

It feels like there's been a very methodical approach to how we've signed players this summer.

We had a load of weaknesses - depth, goals in midfield, defenders, another quality forward, and we've got them, one after another.

Utd feel like they're throwing signings at the wall and seeing what sticks.
    Arsenal have to an extent as well with their complete lack of signing a CF and a proper midfielder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 546 ✭✭✭Cjs21

Would love a shock move for us today, any rumours going around?

Remember the Mata one last year at like 9PM, we got away with that one :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Is it true Falcao has never played CL football?

Anyway who are we looking to ship out today? Lucas? Borini? Coates? Suso on loan? Anyone else?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

Gbear wrote: »
    It feels like there's been a very methodical approach to how we've signed players this summer.

We had a load of weaknesses - depth, goals in midfield, defenders, another quality forward, and we've got them, one after another.

Utd feel like they're throwing signings at the wall and seeing what sticks.
    Arsenal have to an extent as well with their complete lack of signing a CF and a proper midfielder.

Completely agree. It's actually great being at the end of a transfer window with job more or less done. Maybe Borini will go, maybe Lucas will go, maybe a sub keeper will come in, but nothing vital left to be done here.

TBH, it doesn't feel like the transfer deadline even applies to Liverpool, I've been more thinking about what signings rival teams might make today. Arsenal in particular.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

kfallon wrote: »

Anyway who are we looking to ship out today? Lucas? Borini? Coates? Suso on loan? Anyone else?

He hasn't played it in 4 or 5 seasons but he has played in it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Coates on loan to Sunderland, good move that.
    Suso to stay and sign a new deal, maybe we'll need him as the games come think and fast.
    Lucas to stay, he did start our first game ater all.
    Borini to go to Southampton - that's my left-field call of the day!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

This man can do it all.

A ginger beard, Hurling in Kells and now getting prepared for Oktoberfest.
    BwW5L3rIAAAiJzK.jpg:large

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

United getting Falcao has an awful ring of "well let them eat cake" off it, it does however go to show how much the press/twitter experts know about transfer targets, eff all more then the rest of us

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Suso to stay and sign a new deal, maybe we'll need him as the games come think and fast.

Just read that QPR are looking at Borini.

I doubt Lucas will be going anywhere unless there is a replacement brough in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

giQPRUM.jpg

Mario on Instragram has been hilarious! He's a personality, no doubt about it!

Lucas playing was 100% a failed shop window effort. He was a surprise inclusion, we hooked him off early after a reasonably poor performance, and he hasn't been in the squad for the two games since*.

*I feel I should temper this by saying I was a big fan of Lucas, thought he'd be captain when Stevie finished up, but he just never bounced back right from that injury and I don't think he ever will. No point in having him around to make up the numbers, with Allen and Can we're amply equipped now.

James Pearce ‏@JamesPearceEcho 10 mins #LFC youngster Krisztian Adorjan also on the move today. Looks set to sign for Novara in Italy's Serie C

Via the other transfer thread here ---

Mark Douglas (reputable North East journalist)
    Quote:
    All over for Borini to #safc. QPR sniffing around now. Questions to be asked about the length of the pursuit - and of player too

----

Hmmm. That's disappointing. 14m is far more than we'll get for him elsewhere.

Hmmm. That's disappointing. 14m is far more than we'll get for him elsewhere.

Last day though, we can play it up to Southampton, Villa, QPR - "We have a bid of £14M for Sunderland, you had better move fast..."

Last day though, we can play it up to Southampton, Villa, QPR - "We have a big of £14M for Sunderland, you had better move fast..."

Ha, hopefully, though I imagine their people are just as informed as we are... "your move has just fallen apart LFC, you need rid, we'll give you 9m" is exactly what QPR will be at. TBH, he'd be a reasonable southampton signing! Fingers crossed ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Last day though, we can play it up to Southampton, Villa, QPR - "We have a big of £14M for Sunderland, you had better move fast..."

harry_redknapp_1494143c.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

Lucas playing was 100% a failed shop window effort. He was a surprise inclusion, we hooked him off early after a reasonably poor performance, and he hasn't been in the squad for the two games since*.

Got roundly slated on here for suggesting that.

• Advertisement

*I feel I should temper this by saying I was a big fan of Lucas, thought he'd be captain when Stevie finished up, but he just never bounced back right from that injury and I don't think he ever will. No point in having him around to make up the numbers, with Allen and Can we're amply equipped now.

I agree with all that actually. And if we need another CM for lesser games, I would bring in Rossiter, he's going to make a breakthrough this season.
    Like Owen, Stevie, Raheem and God, no need for a loan, just bring them straight through...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Great win yesterday lads, delighted. Was very down about the manner of the City victory but it sounds like yesterday was reminiscent of some of the best of last year.

Hopefully the back four settles in and starts operating as a unit soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

I cannot wait to buy FM15 and manage LFC in it with their current squad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

Last day though, we can play it up to Southampton, Villa, QPR - "We have a bid of £14M for Sunderland, you had better move fast..."
    = negotiating leverage
    Last day though, we can play it up to Southampton, Villa, QPR - "We have had a bid of £14M for Sunderland, you had better move fast..."
    = firesale

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Great win yesterday lads, delighted. Was very down about the manner of the City victory but it sounds like yesterday was reminiscent of some of the best of last year.

Hopefully the back four settles in and starts operating as a unit soon.

Not watch it?

Why is Borini hanging around? :confused:

Id say his missus has a part to play in that. A fella I follow tweeted that Borini was going to Sunderland and she replied to him directly saying "think again" or something like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

He could end up at Arsenal at this rate lol

Because LFC gave him a (insert #) year contract and he's not going to be forced to join a club he doesn't want to join? Would you?

I for one will be quite happy if he stays, I'd be happier if it didn't mean we were forgoing £14m but even so. I think he'll get a chance through injury/rotation etc and he might surprise a few people, he's mobile and full of energy. If he got a goal or two they might just start flying in. We did buy him for a reason.

Ben

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

joe123 wrote: »
    Not watch it?

In China at the mo and couldn't catch it. Obv not a real fan, etc.

BenThere wrote: »
    Because LFC gave him a (insert #) year contract and he's not going to be forced to join a club he doesn't want to join? Would you?

I for one will be quite happy if he stays, I'd be happier if it didn't mean we were forgoing £14m but even so. I think he'll get a chance through injury/rotation etc and he might surprise a few people, he's mobile and full of energy. If he got a goal or two they might just start flying in. We did buy him for a reason.

Ben

He'll be lucky to play a LC game!

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭Underpaid Mike

= negotiating leverage

= firesale

A fire sale you say ?

Word on the street is that Coates is in Sunderland getting a medical.
    Great loaner if it comes about, bit of PL experience for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,797 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    James Pearce ‏@JamesPearceEcho 10 mins #LFC youngster Krisztian Adorjan also on the move today. Looks set to sign for Novara in Italy's Serie C
    Wow, that is some drop down. I honestly think that he's a better player than that.

MD1990 wrote: »
    Suarez is at Melwood

BwcKMOCCAAArFGy.png
    Makes sense to keep in touch with Suarez. If his move doesn't work out, then we would surely be a first port of call for a return.

• Advertisement

Apparently Assaidi wants £60k a week to join Stoke and that's what's holding the deal up :pac:

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    In China at the mo and couldn't catch it. Obv not a real fan, etc.

Funny, I remember having these discussions with you before and you actually stated you don't watch our smaller games.

Im sure you will watch whenever our next defeat is though.

Funny, I remember having these discussions with you before and you actually stated you don't watch our smaller games.

He is in China, to be fair!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 897 ✭✭✭NyOmnishambles

*Not just aimed at Joe*
    Seriously lads give the griping a rest, Llyod and Alan have been around here longer than most, through thick and very very thin alike

You may not like them or agree with them but the constant sniping and moaning makes for very tiresome reading, they may go about it differently but they both want what is best for the club, how we think we will get there just differs a little

That aside having been away for the weekend I missed seeing the match myself sadly, though caught Match of the day last night

Hard to tell from Highlights but I liked what Ballotelli brought to the team and the defence still looked a bit shaky but that will settle hopefully, the fullbacks looked good though

Very sorry to see Agger go, injuries meant we never really got the best use out of him but when he was fit he was very good
    Glad to see he went back ot Brondby, it is in keeping with the impression he gave off of being a decent guy with genuine feeling for the club

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭Ciano35

I cannot wait to buy FM15 and manage LFC in it with their current squad.

You can do that now! Download the whizzkids database update from here.

It was last update on the 24th, but they will update it again tomorrow after the window closes. :)

• Advertisement

He is in China, to be fair!!!
    *Not just aimed at Joe*
    Seriously lads give the griping a rest, Llyod and Alan have been around here longer than most, through thick and very very thin alike

You may not like them or agree with them but the constant sniping and moaning makes for very tiresome reading, they may go about it differently but they both want what is best for the club, how we think we will get there just differs a little

Obviously I am not using China of all things as my gripe. I just get the feeling he would be on here doing his usual if we had lost. Giving us the in depth tactical analysis of a game he didnt watch and how everything is wrong.

Il say no more on it anyways. Not a personal thing just an annoyance of what I mentioned above.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,281 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Apparently Assaidi wants £60k a week to join Stoke and that's what's holding the deal up :pac:

Who does he think he is Tom Cleverley!!

A fire sale you say ?

What series is that? I think I watched a few episodes of a (formerly) rich dysfunctional family but didn't keep up with it. Was it any good? Winter is coming so I need to build up a store of box sets for the nights there's no decent football to watch.

Ben

Looks like we will be holding off on that second keeper until Valdes is fit. James Pearce of the echo said we are aiming to sign him in October/November providing he is fit.

Taking a bit of a gamble there. If Mignolet ever gets injured, Brad Jones does not inspire an already fragile defence with much confidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

Looks like we will be holding off on that second keeper until Valdes is fit. James Pearce of the echo said we are aiming to sign him in October/November providing he is fit.

Taking a bit of a gamble there. If Mignolet ever gets injured, Brad Jones does not inspire an already fragile defence with much confidence.

Well its a gamble they have been living with for years now so I guess 2-3 months more wont hurt.

(awaits news of Mignolet injury following horseplay with Mario).

Shrug. If mig gets injured tomorrow, Valdes wouldn't be fit anyway? Makes little difference.

What series is that? I think I watched a few episodes of a (formerly) rich dysfunctional family but didn't keep up with it. Was it any good? Winter is coming so I need to build up a store of box sets for the nights there's no decent football to watch.

Ben

Arrested Development, one of the greats.

I'd say that he might come train with us with a view to us signing once he proves his fitness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

C'mon Ian one more forward signing, just to annoy Arsenal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭osnola ibax

Would love to sign Lionel Messi before the end of this window. Think he could be good back up for Sterling.

Shrug. If mig gets injured tomorrow, Valdes wouldn't be fit anyway? Makes little difference.

Well thats what I mean. Would it not be better to go with bringing in a new keeper now instead of valdes?

Whos to say he won't recover well come November and we will be another year without competition for Mignolet and a risky back up choice in Jones.

Im giving Jones a hard time here but he isn't the best god bless him.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement