Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Note in OP, 1/09

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

SG is still a big part of our squad and does offer us something, but he is being over played and his position or role does look like a luxury role invented to shoehorn him into the team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Which is what I said really! Crazy to end up in such a tactical pickle to appease one player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Gerrard played well the other day and had much more energy about him. It could be he will improve as the team in general has been playing badly.

That said, he looked super bright when he was moved forward. No 10 is definitely out but he should probably be played in a similar role to that which he has his whole career - CM with licence. This can happen when Can is back - switch himself and Lucas in DM. Alternate Gerrard and Allen, keep Henderson constant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

Knex. wrote: »
    I just wanted to drop by to state the usual:

I hate international breaks.

i'm actually loving this one (barring anyone else gets injured), it gives our injured players more time to get back to fitness :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

mada999 wrote: »
    i'm actually loving this one (barring anyone else gets injured), it gives our injured players more time to get back to fitness :)

Indeed, like Lovren.

Hitler jokes broadcast around the world, he really isn't the brightest spark is he?

did chaplin not have that before the hitler?!

Which is what I said really! Crazy to end up in such a tactical pickle to appease one player.

it was always gonna happen, really difficult to phase out great players.. tbh i'd play him further forward in the 10 maybe.. at least if he loses the ball or doesnt track back then there is someone there to sweep it up

I doubt Gerrard tells the fullbacks to both steam forward with 10 mins to go when we are holding a lead. Rodgers is defensively tactically naive at times and it's on him tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Gerrard played well the other day and had much more energy about him. It could be he will improve as the team in general has been playing badly.

That said, he looked super bright when he was moved forward. No 10 is definitely out but he should probably be played in a similar role to that which he has his whole career - CM with licence. This can happen when Can is back - switch himself and Lucas in DM. Alternate Gerrard and Allen, keep Henderson constant.

Gerrard was one of best players against Everton also.

• Advertisement

djPSB wrote: »
    Gerrard was one of best players against Everton also.

He's the scapegoat in Sakhos and Johnsons absence. Did you not receive the memo?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

rarnes1 wrote: »
    He's the scapegoat in Sakhos and Johnsons absence. Did you not receive the memo?

Must have been removed from the Panda Saps mailing list :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 907 ✭✭✭tibor

BzkKAx_CMAAM8Pa.jpg:large

Who's #57?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 199 ✭✭dubdamo

tibor wrote: »
    BzkKAx_CMAAM8Pa.jpg:large

Who's #57?

Que "Ballotelli in training ground bust up" headlines

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

NukaCola wrote: »
    SG is still a big part of our squad and does offer us something, but he is being over played and his position or role does look like a luxury role invented to shoehorn him into the team.

Disagree his role in the team as DM from january till the end of last season was vital in us going on the run we went on and I wouldnt class it as a luxury role. I agree he is being overplayed but feel due to his age if he has a bad patch which he has at numerous times through his career people are overly quick to say he is finished. Players in their 30s cant seem to have a few bad games without people saying they are finished. Maybe the team isnt performing at the minute and he just isnt playing particularly well. Now eventually people will be right and he will indeed be past it but I dont think we are at that stage yet. Looking at our squad I still feel he should be first choice for the majority of games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Colemania

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭ike

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    John Henry did tweet this last month:

John W. HenryVerified account ‏@John_W_Henry

Oh and sign Reus!

9eb3386772c1c51904160059bd9ff6fa1474fabd01e9ff2f0c9af1aa56fd0093.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Don't do it to yourselves lads.

SlickRic wrote: »
    Don't do it to yourselves lads.

tumblrm5yakfno5l1rz5for.gif

Jamie Carragher ✔ @Carra23

Anyone ever drive to there previous employment without thinking? I've just drove to Melwood! Supposed to be going the gym!!

How do you post a vine clip?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,932 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

gafferino wrote: »
    How do you post a vine clip?

Just paste it into the link tab and Boards does the rest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    John Henry did tweet this last month:

John W. HenryVerified account ‏@John_W_Henry

Oh and sign Reus!

God if you look through his account he is being hounde d by fucķing retard liverpool fans. That is just a jokey reply of sorts/ acknowledgement of their demands.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Jamie Carragher ✔ @Carra23

Anyone ever drive to there previous employment without thinking? I've just drove to Melwood! Supposed to be going the gym!!

Can be play instead of Touré next week?

Skrtel and Sakho then against Chelsea both kept Costa quiet at International level.

I think we will find out though it is the system and tactics not the players that affects our defence.

But it will probably be Lovren and Toure that start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Local_Chap

Nice touch from Suárez
    http://www.worldsoccer.com/news/luis-suarez-golden-shoe-award
    Luis Suárez will be presented the European Golden Shoe by Kenny Dalglish.
    Suárez arranged for Dalglish to fly to Barcelona to be part of the ceremony which will be held in the Catalan capital next Wednesday, having insisted that he wanted to share the award with his former club.
    He had hoped that Steven Gerrard would be able to join him at the event too but the Liverpool captain was unable to travel. Suárez’s initial idea to receive the award in front of supporters at Anfield was not possible.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I miss Luis :(

He'll start playing for Barca in a couple of weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Can we start Sahko against Chelsea and see what happens when Costa tries to do that to him?

brevity wrote: »
    Can we start Sahko against Chelsea and see what happens when Costa tries to do that to him?

https://vine.co/v/Oud5uuAeFUa

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Awesome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,949 ✭✭✭dogbert27

5starpool wrote: »
    I miss Luis :(

He'll start playing scoring for Barca in a couple of weeks.

FYP ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Suarez is such a horrible bloke; just the worst.

Carra at it again.:D

7oeSZcK.jpg

What a knut.

Wished we'd signed him. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,298 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Diouf and Diao two examples of why you shouldn't buy players on the back of the world cup. Diao cost about £5m if I remember, that was 12 years ago and wasn't small money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Although funny, not very nice from Carra.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

DVDM93 wrote: »
    Skrtel bosses Costa as he captains his side to a historic 1-0 victory over Spain.

The Slovakian Skrtel
    The French Sakho
    The Southampton Lovren

It's beyond me how we haven't tried to sign any of these players given out problems at CB.

That's toooooo subtle for me!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

It's a funny anecdote but it's not what I expected out of Carragher. It's fairly unprofessional and a little harsh to be bashing ex teammates like that. The sort of stuff you expect out of Keane because he's like that but although it made me chuckle, I thought Carragher was better than that.

He really has it in for diao and diouf. He keeps talking about them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

They deserve it, for different reasons. Well played Carra, fair play for being honest.

Kirby wrote: »
    It's a funny anecdote but it's not what I expected out of Carragher. It's fairly unprofessional and a little harsh to be bashing ex teammates like that. The sort of stuff you expect out of Keane because he's like that but although it made me chuckle, I thought Carragher was better than that.

I take it you haven't read Carragher's autobiography then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

I don't know, have you ever worked with somebody so useless at their job that after a while their presence simply becomes offensive. Even if they're nice people you can't help but think, "Fuck off".

• Advertisement

Absolutely but I keep it to myself. I grumble to myself and complain to my friends. I don't tweet it for the world to read or write about how much I hate him in a newspaper. That's beyond crass.

I realise this comparison wont be that popular in here but compare him to his sky counterpart, Gary Neville. He wont bash his past teammates good or bad and refuses to talk about the current English players because of his involvement in the England set up.

As useless as Diao may or may not have been, it's not very professional to write things like that. Listen, it's not a huge deal and he's not the first and wont be the last to do so.....I just thought he was a classier individual than that. Obviously not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

Absolutely but I keep it to myself. I grumble to myself and complain to my friends. I don't tweet it for the world to read or write about how much I hate him in a newspaper. That's beyond crass.

I realise this comparison wont be that popular in here but compare him to his sky counterpart, Gary Neville. He wont bash his past teammates good or bad and refuses to talk about the current English players because of his involvement in the England set up.

As useless as Diao may or may not have been, it's not very professional to write things like that. Listen, it's not a huge deal and he's not the first and wont be the last to do so.....I just thought he was a classier individual than that. Obviously not.

What exactly is unprofessional about being honest?

"Borini isn't good enough for my squad, I never wanted Balotelli as he was forced on me, and I'm terrified to drop Steve G and am forced to shoe horn him into the team, sometimes to its detriment."

If Rodgers said that tomorrow would you be hailing his honesty or calling him unprofessional?

There are things you say in public and things you don't. I really shouldn't have to explain why Carragher bashing former Liverpool players is unprofessional.

I don't know, have you ever worked with somebody so useless at their job that after a while their presence simply becomes offensive. Even if they're nice people you can't help but think, "Fuck off".

Having just handed in my notice this week I can relate to this x1000. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

"Borini isn't good enough for my squad, I never wanted Balotelli as he was forced on me, and I'm terrified to drop Steve G and am forced to shoe horn him into the team, sometimes to its detriment."

If Rodgers said that tomorrow would you be hailing his honesty or calling him unprofessional?

There are things you say in public and things you don't. I really shouldn't have to explain why Carragher bashing former Liverpool players is unprofessional.

2 things with this.

One, the dynamic completely changes when its a manager saying this and not another team mate. Two, BR is currently working with those players.

The above situation is completely different than JC situation.

I think JC saying those things are meant to be a light hearted take on a player who was widely regarded as awful. Personally I wouldn't do it, but when your job is to analyze players how is it unprofessional to say when a player is poor?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement