Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Note in OP, 1/09

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

rob316 wrote: »
    Diouf and Diao two examples of why you shouldn't buy players on the back of the world cup. Diao cost about £5m if I remember, that was 12 years ago and wasn't small money.

To think Houllier chose Diouf over Anelka at cost of 12M or so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

NukaCola wrote: »
    2 things with this.

One, the dynamic completely changes when its a manager saying this and not another team mate. Two, BR is currently working with those players.

The above situation is completely different than JC situation.

I think JC saying those things are meant to be a light hearted take on a player who was widely regarded as awful. Personally I wouldn't do it, but when your job is to analyze players how is it unprofessional to say when a player is poor?

I take your point but if you sit down and think about it, he's not saying a player was "poor". Look at the words he's used in that paragraph. He isn't calling him poor....he slagging the sh*t out of him because he's an easy target.

As I said there are things you say in public and things you don't. Do you honestly think Daio was the only player Liverpool signed that carragher hought was a waste of space and a waste of money?

Privately I'm sure he thinks Andy Caroll was a disaster and Kenny was foolish to sign him. But Carroll is English and Kenny is a club legend so is he "honestly" going to give his opinion on that? Like hell he is.

Daio was useless but he wasn't the only useless player Liverpool signed. It's unprofessional to start bashing your ex teammates and he did it because Daio was an easy target. It made people laugh and we all move on. If he had been honest about Carroll, there would be waves so ask yourself how "honest" is he being?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Its a cheap shot at an easy target.
    Carra wasnt happy when the shoe was on the other foot and he was being called a bottler a few years back.
    There's no need for any footballer to have a go and belittle another after the event, other than to sell a few books.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

A bit more honesty is what is needed. Theres nothing more awful than the bloody vapid interviews players give where they say precisely nothing and look pained to do it.

Fair play to Carragher. Also, I bet if you asked him his opinion on Carroll he would tell you he was a poor signing and was never going to be good enough.

Makes me think a bit of Scholes recent comments on Wilshere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭The Mulk

gafferino wrote: »
    Having just handed in my notice this week I can relate to this x1000. :D

Since you've handed in your notice what do we call you now, just. ...ino
    Or will you be the Gaffer elsewhere:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

The Mulk wrote: »
    Since you've handed in your notice what do we call you now, just. ...ino
    Or will you be the Gaffer elsewhere:)

I'll be waiting for offers from other clubs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Does anyone know what's happened to Kess?

He hasn't posted on this site for a month. Is he ok?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Origi leads the line against er Andorra. No Lukaku, is he injured?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,889 ✭✭✭✭klose

Origi leads the line against er Andorra. No Lukaku, is he injured?

Has hit the woodwork twice already, he'll fit right in here so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,044 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Diouf and Diao two examples of why you shouldn't buy players on the back of the world cup. Diao cost about £5m if I remember, that was 12 years ago and wasn't small money.

Not sure about Diao, but we definitely had the deal agreed for Diouf before the world cup, hence a lot of the excitement in watching him. I think it was rubber stamped after, but it always looked like it was going to happen, rather than being a result of his WC performances. He'd already been African Player of the Year twice in a row at that point, and had been brilliant in the African nations cup. Looked at the time like we were going to move for Diop as well, but it never happened.

• Advertisement

klose wrote: »
    Has hit the woodwork twice already, he'll fit right in here so.

Should have scored, Andorra are doing well defence wise, but they'll tire - probably just after Origi is subbed. His movement across the line is very good - always looking to make himself available.

Edit 2-0 Kevin De Bruyne twice. Origi out! (edit edit - he got the assist for the 2nd!)

Should have scored, Andorra are doing well defence wise, but they'll tire - probably just after Origi is subbed. His movement across the line is very good - always looking to make himself available.

Edit 2-0 Kevin De Bruyne twice. Origi out!

A nice ball by him to set up de bruynes 2nd goal although he did most of the work for it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Hasn't posted a month on here or on the entire site?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

Origi's goal tonight

http://vine.co/v/OAvKapdlV15

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Been very impressed when ive seen Origi this season. I think he will turn out to be a bragain for 10m.

Nice goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,931 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

That is a good goal.

Everything I have seen of him since the world cup looks like we a top player in out hands.

Lads, it's Andorra.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Augmerson wrote: »
    Lads, it's Andorra.

So what, he's 19.

• Advertisement

Tusky wrote: »
    So what, he's 19.

Ah let's not get carried away a mate of mine won the Champions League in Championship Manager at 15 with Port Vale.

Would he play well on his own up front away to West Ham? That's the big question

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Would he play well on his own up front away to West Ham? That's the big question

On a wet Tuesday night in November.

Hasn't posted a month on here or on the entire site?

Entire site.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Ah let's not get carried away a mate of mine won the Champions League in Championship Manager at 15 with Port Vale.

Because thats the exact same thing? :P

Yes its only Andorra but he's doing all the right things, lets not begrudge him a bit of praise. No ones getting carried away.

rarnes1 wrote: »

Probably better up top on his own rather than paired with Borini :P

• Advertisement

Because thats the exact same thing?

Yes its only Andorra but he's doing all the right things, lets not begrudge him a bit of praise. No ones getting carried away.

Need to recalibrate your sarcasm detector. I know a guy who is great at calibration. Pm for details.

Kirby wrote: »
    Need to recalibrate your sarcasm detector. I know a guy who is great at calibration. Pm for details.

No need to be smart. Pardon me for not adding a smiley. Edited now.

I was replying to his earlier statement below also.....
    Lads, it's Andorra.

A well taken goal is a well taken goal regardless of the opposition, (and "good movement" is good movement regardless of how useful it is ;) )

Because thats the exact same thing? :P

Sorry, drink had been taken at the time of that post :)
    Entire site.

****e. Hope he is alright. Maybe he is just mad busy? Anyone know him IRL or can text him?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Besic was very impressive last night for Bosnia. A shame we didn't pick him up after the World Cup.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭Talisman

Their signing was announced before the World Cup - Houllier made the announcement about an hour before Senegal beat France in the opening game. He later admitted they were a mistake and put it down to him watching too much of the French Ligue 1 while he was convalescing after his heart surgery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

tibor wrote: »
    BzkKAx_CMAAM8Pa.jpg:large

Who's #57?

'Balotelli falls out with massive Dildo'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

who cares

Coutinho on bench for Brazil in friendly kickabout in the smog.

Its on ITV4 right now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Bowlardo wrote: »
    who cares

Maybe people that have been interacting with him here for years, got to know him through the site, like his input or whatever. Bit of a stupid thing to say TBF.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

Bowlardo wrote: »
    who cares

Id say Kerrigooney does considering he asked the question.

I'd like to think if I went missing from the internet for a month and was say, trapped under a massive pile of old newspapers and couldn't get out, that somebody would wonder where I was.

Surely somebody knows Kess irl?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Maybe he was banned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Kirby wrote: »
    I'd like to think if I went missing from the internet for a month and was say, trapped under a massive pile of old newspapers and couldn't get out, that somebody would wonder where I was.

Surely somebody knows Kess irl?

Its possible hes been super busy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭Crash Bang Wall

Vicxas wrote: »
    Its possible hes been super busy.

Possibly but he normally gets to a lot of games and posts a match report that most journos would be proud of. Hope its just busy at work and nothing worse

• Advertisement

Just to clarify... I don't particularly get on with Kess but when someone you've seen posting pretty regularly for a few years suddenly stops you start to wonder.

We can't all get along but I hope he's OK. Its probably nothing and he's just busy. I won't mention it again.

Grayditch wrote: »
    Maybe he was banned.

He is unbannable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

LFC have conducted a thorough medical examination of Victor Valdes and reports have been fed back to the manager and the committee (1/2)

LFC are to make a decision by Monday with VV to be offered a contract as early as next week if the medical reports are satisfactory (2/2)

From @mikebernard_fsg

Dunno if he's reliable or not...

Djibril Cisse's 6 year old has joined the Liverpool academy..

Prince Kobe Cisse and Future Lord of the Manor of Frodsham :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

6 years old. Fùcks sake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

He is unbannable.

Not if he knocked over the Cantona picture in the Soccer Mod treehouse. Accident or not.

Markovic starts for Serbia.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Maybe people that have been interacting with him here for years, got to know him through the site, like his input or whatever. Bit of a stupid thing to say TBF.
    does anyone know him personally lads? hope he is alright and is just busy or taking a break from boards.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

does anyone know him personally lads? hope he is alright and is just busy or taking a break from boards.ie

I would say he's probably just busy or on holidays...

• Advertisement

Markovic has gone off injured for serbia apparently

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement