Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Note in OP, 1/09

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

brevity wrote: »
    I would say he's probably just busy or on holidays...

Probably. Wish I hadn't brought it up now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

klose wrote: »
    Markovic has gone off injured for serbia apparently

Yep, 26th minute. No doubt he is dead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Kirby wrote: »
    "Borini isn't good enough for my squad, I never wanted Balotelli as he was forced on me, and I'm terrified to drop Steve G and am forced to shoe horn him into the team, sometimes to its detriment."

If Rodgers said that tomorrow would you be hailing his honesty or calling him unprofessional?

There are things you say in public and things you don't. I really shouldn't have to explain why Carragher bashing former Liverpool players is unprofessional.

You could have just used Ferguson as an example.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Markovic has gone off injured for serbia apparently

Looks like we're having an Arsenal-esque injury crisis...

Three will be back for QPR - Allen, Sturridge, Can.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Cannot wait to see Can back in contention. Can he be as good as we possibly think? I am pretty confident he can. He has an uncanny knack of setting up goals,, 3 in one most recant game. Can he be the long term replacement for Stevie? Can't see why not. Just opened a can myself.

Canistheman?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Cannot wait to see Can back in contention. Can he be as good as we possibly think? I am pretty confident he can. He has an uncanny knack of setting up goals,, 3 in one most recant game. Can he be the long term replacement for Stevie? Can't see why not. Just opened a can myself.

I think he will be amazing for us. He seems to have a fantastic composure, great physicality and plays the game in an effortless sort of way. Brilliant signing.

I think we've actually been a bit hard done by with injuries to players in key positions at the start of the season. This has also then put pressure on the likes of Balotelli and Sterling and the new kids like Markovic.

Will be very happy with Studge, Can and Allen returning.

Three will be back for QPR - Allen, Sturridge, Can.

Allen and Can definately back?

Excellent news especially with the former

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 981 ✭✭✭amber69

I'd say it's not your 1st

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Can Can do the Can Can though?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Devilman40k

Canistheman?

Can Can prove to be the man?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Think its time for a can.

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Pulsating Star

J Mysterio wrote: »
    I think he will be amazing for us. He seems to have a fantastic composure, great physicality and plays the game in an effortless sort of way. Brilliant signing.

Fingers crossed you're right. I was watching him as he prepared to come on in his first appearance , seemed nervous as all else , which is understandable. Didn't play well either as I recall, then again Markovic has been full of himself and has been rubbish to date.
    If only one or the other were to become a stalwart for us I would rather it was him.

INJURY WATCH :

Where are we at?

rarnes1 wrote: »
    INJURY WATCH :

Where are we at?

L Marković Ankle/Foot Injury no return date (obviously this could be nothing much at all)
    D Lovren Abdominal Strain 22nd Oct
    J Saez De La Torre Groin/Pelvis Injury no return date
    M Sakho Hip/Thigh Injury 25th Oct
    J Allen Knee Injury 19th Oct
    E Can Ankle/Foot Injury 19th Oct
    D Sturridge Thigh Muscle Strain 19th Oct
    J Flanagan Knee Injury Dec

Papers running with Valdes rejects trial for Liverpool story, and Dele Alli close to move also running.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

L Marković Ankle/Foot Injury no return date (obviously this could be nothing much at all)
    D Lovren Abdominal Strain 22nd Oct
    J Saez De La Torre Groin/Pelvis Injury no return date
    M Sakho Hip/Thigh Injury 25th Oct
    J Allen Knee Injury 19th Oct
    E Can Ankle/Foot Injury 19th Oct
    D Sturridge Thigh Muscle Strain 19th Oct
    J Flanagan Knee Injury Dec

Papers running with Valdes rejects trial for Liverpool story, and Dele Alli close to move also running.

Lots of October on that which is good news

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭kevohmsford

£9m for Dele Alli in the papers this morning. Looks like a decent prospect.

Liverpool ladies play to retain title at 2 pm. They'll need to win and hope Chelsea loose and Brum draw or lose.

BT2 are screening the Man City v Chelsea game but I guess they'll switch to the LFC game if it looks like they'll take the title.

Origi v Andorra

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x27pr5j_do17_tech

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,889 ✭✭✭✭klose

9 million quid for a kid playing in the 3rd tier. Wat.

He's better than the third tier to be fair, and still half the price of Wilfried Zaha ! :p

That said another teenager in the attacking half of the pitch makes me sigh a bit (and not in a good way).

Just sign Reus and be done with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

J Mysterio wrote: »

Jesus, this is actually as bad as writing a player off whos appeared once for us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

9 million quid for a kid playing in the 3rd tier. Wat.

Arsenal paid slightly more than that for Walcott and Southampton were near the bottom of the championship at the time. Ultimately if you think the lad has the talent to play at the top level it shouldn't matter where you buy him from.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

The reason why Utd will get top 4 this season at our expense is because they went and signed proven performers and more importantly, proven match winners. This signing potential is becoming a pain in the hole tbh.

A big problem when signing potential is that when you are struggling to get good performances and results, managers revert to playing the tried and trusted, so the potential never really get a chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Arsenal paid slightly more than that for Walcott and Southampton were near the bottom of the championship at the time. Ultimately if you think the lad has the talent to play at the top level it shouldn't matter where you buy him from.

I do agree with this overall, however it's interesting that people are ok spending that money on him but last season people were complaining about a possible bid for Will Hughes for pretty much the same reason - too much to spend on a kid in a lower division.

If he's good enough, spend the money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭pmy.murphy

The reason why Utd will get top 4 this season at our expense is because they went and signed proven performers and more importantly, proven match winners. This signing potential is becoming a pain in the hole tbh.

A big problem when signing potential is that when you are struggling to get good performances and results, managers revert to playing the tried and trusted, so the potential never really get a chance.

Thats why we havent won a title in 24 odd years. Our transfer policy has been abysmal. Signing players with "potential" is always gamble, a player wont always fulfill their potential.

IF were ever to win a Premier League title again we need to adjust that transfer policy and start signing the odd top player at their peak. At the moment in this current team, I think we are lacking 2 top class players like that maybe even 3. How successive management teams and board directors have failed to see this over the years is ridiculous cos Im sure they can see it. Its almost as if we dont want to win the title, either that or were just too stubborn and keep going round and round in circles pursueing a way of winning titles that just wont work. Football these days does not afford you time. Whos to say that Raheem Sterling or Coutinho or somebody like that wont be next out the door. Their young players who will quickly want to progress onto the next stage of their careers and unless we are competitive at all levels they will be gone Im afraid. Time does not wait for any man

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Liverpool ladies play to retain title at 2 pm. They'll need to win and hope Chelsea loose and Brum draw or lose.

BT2 are screening the Man City v Chelsea game but I guess they'll switch to the LFC game if it looks like they'll take the title.

They just showed a free kick which just went over. City have started brightly anyway, plus Chelsea's keeper has just went off injured

Reports the Victor Valdes move has broken down as he has refused to go on trial

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Didn't Fr Jack have a trial with Liverpool once?

x43r0 wrote: »

No he was on trial in Liverpool

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

x43r0 wrote: »

No he had a long career for The Everton, under the alias of 'Tony Hibbert'

HT

Liverpool 0-0
    Chelsea losing
    Brum losing (?) Not winning anyway

So very finely balanced

Liverpool 2-0 up
    Chelsea 0-2 down
    Brum 2-2

Liverpool title as of now

Signing potential is good.

However signing almost exclusively potential is very risky.

I'll not panic yet until Rodgers gets his strongest team or near it playing a run of games together

HT

Liverpool 0-0
    Chelsea losing
    Brum losing (?) Not winning anyway

So very finely balanced

Liverpool 2-0 up
    Chelsea 0-2 down
    Brum 2-2
    Liverpool title as of now

Dear God! :eek:

FT Liverpool 3 - 0 Bristol Academy
    FT Man City 2 - 1 Chelsea
    FT Brum 2 - 2 Notts County

edit!

Liverpool are champions!

BzwbsL2IgAA_C5w.jpg

_78168905_liverpoolcelebrate2.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭kevohmsford

Lallana and Henderson playing for England this evening. Sterling getting a much needed rest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Jesus, this is actually as bad as writing a player off whos appeared once for us.

What? That's ridiculous. I have assessed him and I think he will be good. Consider it a scouting report.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Devilman40k

pmy.murphy wrote: »
    Reports the Victor Valdes move has broken down as he has refused to go on trial

Valdes' agent reported as saying no offer of trial was made so nothing has been rejected. Can't link as on phone..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Dear God! :eek:

FT Liverpool 3 - 0 Bristol Academy
    FT Man City 2 - 1 Chelsea
    FT Brum 2 - 2 Notts County

edit!

Liverpool are champions!

Our Year!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Amiable usually disappears for a few months then comes back and falls out with a few people and disappears again.

Do I? That's news to me

• Advertisement

amiable wrote: »
    Do I? That's news to me

Haha. Jesus,that was ages ago I posted that.

Didn't mean any offence by it but I get the impression there's a few posters that rub you up the wrong way. Nothing wrong with that of course.

Haha. Jesus,that was ages ago I posted that.

Didn't mean any offence by it but I get the impression there's a few posters that rub you up the wrong way. Nothing wrong with that of course.

Genuinely none taken.

I think you could say I speak my mind sometimes which doesn't go down too well. I've also learned I'm not allowed post things that I've witnessed with my own eyes as it upsets some very precious people who pretend to go to games.

I pop in now and again just to see what I'm missing out on :D

Genuinely none taken.

I think you could say I speak my mind sometimes which doesn't go down too well. I've also learned I'm not allowed post things that I've witnessed with my own eyes as it upsets some very precious people who pretend to go to games.

I pop in now and again just to see what I'm missing out on :D

You're not missing much atm...tumbleweeds blowing through the place.

Any news?

You're not missing much atm...tumbleweeds blowing through the place.

Any news?

Just watching a sh1t England game

Just watching a sh1t England game

Same. It's brutal. Don't think I'll bother with any more of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Get a room, lads.

Get a room, lads.

Good point and well made. That PHD in English from Cambridge has served you well young man

Get a room, lads.

You're just jealous. Johnny no mates.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

You're just jealous. Johnny no mates.

That one hurt :(

That one hurt :(

I can be a horrible bastard sometimes. Sorry.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement