Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Note in OP, 1/09

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Lallana and Hendo doing well so far

Vicxas wrote: »
    Lallana and Hendo doing well so far

Hallana

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Hallana

Lallendo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Hendo off Sterling on.

Roy has done us some favours this international window

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Hendo off Sterling on.

Roy has done us some favours this international window

He bloody well owed us after the last few!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

Knex. wrote: »
    He bloody well owed us after the last few!

https://vine.co/v/OAjPbxWphnF

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭YouTookMyName

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭p38

:eek:going to have nightmares tonight after watching Rooney and Roy .Think i will have a shower I feel unclean. Well done LFC ladies YNWA Will balotteli start against qpr dont know if he played for Italy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Pilsbury Doughboy

p38 wrote: »
    :eek:going to have nightmares tonight after watching Rooney and Roy .Think i will have a shower I feel unclean. Well done LFC ladies YNWA Will balotteli start against qpr dont know if he played for Italy?

He wasn't picked in the squad, should start against QPR I would think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭p38

Im guessing it will be sturridge and balotteli up front. Anyone know how lallana played tonight or if he did play did he play a full 90 mins

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

p38 wrote: »
    Im guessing it will be sturridge and balotteli up front. Anyone know how lallana played tonight or if he did play did he play a full 90 mins

Lallana was very good from the bits I watched. Think he played the whole game. Hendo also started but didn't play full game. Sterling and Lambert also came on.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

For some reason I thought england were playing Tuesday. Full weeks rest for the lads which is great and none of them playing the full 90.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

An interesting article on the way we are working on sponsorship deals etc..

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/exclusive---580-million-reasons-7922473

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

Only seen 15 mins of the England game how did our lads do?

I will add, i nearly had a sh1t fit when i did'nt see Sterling play, i thought he got Hodged!

Guardian reporting saying Sterling didn't start as he was tired, not surprised given the amount of games lately, but this needs to be managed. It's only October.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

gafferino wrote: »
    Guardian reporting saying Sterling didn't start as he was tired, not surprised given the amount of games lately, but this needs to be managed. It's only October.

Don't think Hodgson needed to tell everyone that. I see Sterling is already getting some stick for it. Could have just started him on the bench without blabbing.

Don't think Hodgson needed to tell everyone that. I see Sterling is already getting some stick for it. Could have just started him on the bench without blabbing.

Roy Hodgson. That is all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,931 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Rodgers called out Hodgson for what happened Sturridge.

This is Hodgson's way of getting back at Rodgers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

Rodgers called out Hodgson for what happened Sturridge.

This is Hodgson's way of getting back at Rodgers.

Probably just Hodgson trying to save face with media after another tepid english performance. If Sterling is tired its because of too many first team matches & travelling for his club side, Rodgers has said and done completely different things when it comes to managing his game time.

This Sterling tiredness thing is going to snowball.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Lallendo.

Isn't that near Rhyl??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

This Sterling tiredness thing is going to snowball.

Obviously Roy is trying to start some sort of club vs country row with BR. Very naive and unnecessary thing to start, with only one winner really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,800 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Woy really is just becoming a detestable parody of himself at this stage. The club have bent over backwards to try and accommodate him and keep him in the fold, but then he comes out with comments like this in a pathetic attempt to detract from his own shortcomings.

Woy really is just becoming a detestable parody of himself at this stage. The club have bent over backwards to try and accommodate him and keep him in the fold, but then he comes out with comments like this in a pathetic attempt to detract from his own shortcomings.

Its smacks of distraction, sure England have won their matches, but not well.

I can smell Scapegoat coming a mile away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

In light of the fuss made by Liverpool and Rodgers on how carefully Sturridge needs to be managed, I think it was fair comment

greendom wrote: »
    In light of the fuss made by Liverpool and Rodgers on how carefully Sturridge needs to be managed, I think it was fair comment

Why is it a fair comment? Its not tit for tat.

It brings an unnecessary spotlight on one of his players which is not going to do the team or player any good. Doesnt matter if its a Liverpool player or not.

Sturridge situation was completely different. Its not the first time Sturridge came back from England injured. Again doesnt matter if its a Liverpool player or not.

Why is it a fair comment? Its not tit for tat.

It brings an unnecessary spotlight on one of his players which is not going to do the team or player any good. Doesnt matter if its a Liverpool player or not.

Sturridge situation was completely different. Its not the first time Sturridge came back from England injured. Again doesnt matter if its a Liverpool player or not.

Liverpool seemed to lay the blame on the Sturridge injury due to the England coaching team not giving him the necessary care and attention. Sterling said he was tired and the coaching staff listened and didn't start him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Hodgson is just continuing a trend of being self-serving in everything he says and does.

while our manager, he tried to lower expectations exponentially so as to cover his own ineptitude.

I've lost count of the amount of times he's referenced his "successful" career around Europe.

and so we come to this. any normal manager in the Sterling situation would just have said "we felt as though Raheem needed a rest, and with the quality we have, we felt we didn't necessarily need to risk him in this game". but no. instead Roy, I assume worried about some kind of "backlash" if he was seen to take Sterling out the team, decides to spinelessly put all the responsibility on Sterling's shoulders.

cowardly.

spineless.

selfish.

completely and utterly unsurprising.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭DVDM93

Sterling's response on Twitter;

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/liverpool-star-raheem-sterling-responds-4429322

He's spot on too. Between May to October 2013 he played 615 minutes. Between May to October 2014 he's played 1682 minutes. He's only 19 for God's sake!

Besides, England should be beating Estonia with their second team nevermind needing the likes of Rooney or Sterling.

It's pathetic that the spotlight is on Sterling because of this. The funny thing is, if he played last night and played poorly, you'd have England saying he needs a rest. It really is to distract how poorly they're playing with a squad like that against the likes of Estonia.

DVDM93 wrote: »
    Sterling's response on Twitter;

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/liverpool-star-raheem-sterling-responds-4429322

He's spot on too. Between May to October 2013 he played 615 minutes. Between May to October 2014 he's played 1682 minutes. He's only 19 for God's sake!

Besides, England should be beating Estonia with their second team nevermind needing the likes of Rooney or Sterling.

It's pathetic that the spotlight is on Sterling because of this. The funny thing is, if he played last night and played poorly, you'd have England saying he needs a rest. It really is to distract how poorly they're playing with a squad like that against the likes of Estonia.

How many of those minutes did he play for Liverpool ? How many for England? Surely his tiredness is not entirely down to England ?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭DVDM93

How many of those minutes did he play for Liverpool ? How many for England? Surely his tiredness is not entirely down to England ?

????? It's not an England v Liverpool thing. I'm not Roy Hodgson. The lad needed a rest, end of story. If he says he's too tired to play against QPR I'll be of the same opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,298 ✭✭✭✭rob316

The expectation with sturridge out and Suarez sold was that he could carry Liverpool. He hasn't been able to and his performances lately have shown that, the lad is only 19 ffs.
    In the space of about 9 months he has went from a benchwarmer to Liverpool and England's next great hope, to say his rise has been meteoric is an understatement.
    No surprise he is knackered.

I do have a slight worry all this contract/future stuff does have him a bit distracted. He seems like a fairly genuine and down to earth guy though.

Liverpool seemed to lay the blame on the Sturridge injury due to the England coaching team not giving him the necessary care and attention. Sterling said he was tired and the coaching staff listened and didn't start him

Why are you making this a Liverpool Vs England thing? The point that was being made that it wasnt a wise comment by Hodgson to make about one of his own players.

Liverpool made comments about Sturridge coming back injured AGAIN from England. As has many other manager over the years when their players come back injured.

Edit: I am assuming you are Arsenal fan. A quick search will show Wenger complaining about injured players on international duty or tired players.

http://www.justarsenal.com/wenger-not-happy-with-injuries-to-vermaelen-and-van-persie-no/12827

Not that it should matter what club it is but that seems to be your angle and you have essentially missed the point of the argument.

Why are you making this a Liverpool Vs England thing? The point that was being made that it wasnt a wise comment by Hodgson to make about one of his own players.

Liverpool made comments about Sturridge coming back injured AGAIN from England. As has many other manager over the years when their players come back injured.
    We're going round in circles here. I don't want to get dizzy so I'm getting off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Sideshow Mark

How dare Hodgson single out a young player like that, he has an axe to grind against Liverpool and will throw his own players under the bus to do it. Once again Hodgson shows himself up to be completely classless. An utterly contemptible man.

Turty is right and I for one cannot wait until he is back.

Edit: I am assuming you are Arsenal fan. A quick search will show Wenger complaining about injured players on international duty or tired players.

http://www.justarsenal.com/wenger-not-happy-with-injuries-to-vermaelen-and-van-persie-no/12827

Not that it should matter what club it is but that seems to be your angle and you have essentially missed the point of the argument.

Oh no I get the point of the argument - Hodgson can do no right, as for Wenger and indeed probably every team manager, of course he's going to be happy about a player returning injured. Hodgson just stated that he did the right thing in resting a player, I can't see where all the outrage is coming from.

Oh no I get the point of the argument - Hodgson can do no right, as for Wenger and indeed probably every team manager, of course he's going to be happy about a player returning injured. Hodgson just stated that he did the right thing in resting a player, I can't see where all the outrage is coming from.

You have missed the point then. It is not that Hodgson can do no right. The comments from Hodgson have led to his player now getting a tonne of abuse from twitter, the press etc. So as to my very first point on this, and THE point, Hodgson has needlessly brought pressure on one of his players. He could have made up any old thing.... sore foot, black toe nail.

Hodgson is a blithering idiot imo - and this is pretty obvious to most football fans. This, however is not the point here.

You have missed the point then. It is not that Hodgson can do no right. The comments from Hodgson have led to his player now getting a tonne of abuse from twitter, the press etc. So as to my very first point on this, and THE point, Hodgson has needlessly brought pressure on one of his players. He could have made up any old thing.... sore foot, black toe nail.

Hodgson is a blithering idiot imo - and this is pretty obvious to most football fans. This, however is not the point here.

tonne of abuse from twitter and the press ? He's a professional footballer, not to mention an England international, that's par for the course. All players playing at the top level of football can expect to receive such abuse and need to develop a tough skin to cope.

• Advertisement

tonne of abuse from twitter and the press ? He's a professional footballer, not to mention an England international, that's par for the course. All players playing at the top level of football can expect to receive such abuse and need to develop a tough skin to cope.

Yeah I agree, thats part of the deal these days. But thats not the point here is it? Hodgson could have easily avoided it.

My favourite so far .....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Sideshow Mark

tonne of abuse from twitter and the press ? He's a professional footballer, not to mention an England international, that's par for the course.

A professional footballer who a year ago was playing for the Liverpool under 21s.

One if the many things that Fergie got right is that as a manager you shield your players. Hodgson has never understood this, which is why England or any high profile teams he manages will never be successful.

My favourite so far .....

I love that one. I've posted about 4-5 in the humour thread this week. They are a gift from heaven.

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/172190-emre-why-i-feel-at-home-here-already

"My English is much better now," said the No.23. "I did know a bit of English beforehand but I'm not fluent. I'm having quite a few English lessons each week and it's getting better. There are a lot of foreign players here from Spain and elsewhere and that's made it easier for me.

ahem... cough cough...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Naming rights for new stand up for grabs

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/oct/13/liverpool-anfield-naming-rights-main-stand

Any suggestions? "Apple Iphone 28"? "Windows 2017"?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I'd say Sterling is feeling fresh after being hung out to dry, there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/172190-emre-why-i-feel-at-home-here-already

"My English is much better now," said the No.23. "I did know a bit of English beforehand but I'm not fluent. I'm having quite a few English lessons each week and it's getting better. There are a lot of foreign players here from Spain and elsewhere and that's made it easier for me.

ahem... cough cough...

Are you impugning the teaching skills of someone of this parish? :pac:

Are you impugning the teaching skills of someone of this parish? :pac:

BC97J.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Grayditch wrote: »
    I'd say Sterling is feeling fresh after being hung out to dry, there.

I heard he's unavailable at the weekend due to being thrown under the bus.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement