Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Note in OP, 1/09

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭Underpaid Mike

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Arrested Development, one of the greats.

I'd say that he might come train with us with a view to us signing once he proves his fitness.
    BenThere wrote: »
    What series is that? I think I watched a few episodes of a (formerly) rich dysfunctional family but didn't keep up with it. Was it any good? Winter is coming so I need to build up a store of box sets for the nights there's no decent football to watch.

Ben

I would argue the greatest tv show ever. Like the simpsons for adults. Just brilliant

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭sweetie

how fit does a goalkeeper need to be - obvisouly sharpness is required though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

sweetie wrote: »
    how fit does a goalkeeper need to be - obvisouly sharpness is required though

Hes coming back from a cruciate injury so its pretty serious. Important for Valdes himself that he does not rush back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

joe123 wrote: »
    Hes coming back from a cruciate injury so its pretty serious. Important for Valdes himself that he does not rush back.

And that we don't pay him before he's available to earn that wage!

Not sure if we could reach an agreement now to sign him later, he could renege on that and leave us without...

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I've seen Cech's name mentioned a couple of times today, I think the source was The Mirror.

That would be a mad one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,293 ✭✭✭✭rob316

I've seen Cech's name mentioned a couple of times today, I think the source was The Mirror.

That would be a mad one.

They wouldn't sell us bertrand not a hope they would sell us Cech.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

That would be a mad one.

Impossible to see Mourinho selling him too us.

rob316 wrote: »
    They wouldn't sell us bertrand not a hope they would sell us Cech.

Lucky us not getting Bertrand, we held out and got Moreno for a song instead!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Looks like a nice quiet transfer deadline day for us. For once no panicked last minute trolley dash.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Happy birthday Danny!

146287108_sturridge_512984b.jpg

Dickerty wrote: »
    Last day though, we can play it up to Southampton, Villa, QPR - "We have a bid of £14M for Sunderland, you had better move fast..."

Ian Dennis
    Posted at 15:22
    "QPR and Liverpool are 'in discussions' over possible transfer for Fabio Borini."

BINGO!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

BBC is saying Borini to QPR a runner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Nothing on Alex Song I take it?

Nothing on Alex Song I take it?

Gone to West Ham on loan!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Jesus! That's a great move for them, missed out on all the weekend news at Electric Picnic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

joe123 wrote: »
    Funny, I remember having these discussions with you before and you actually stated you don't watch our smaller games.

Im sure you will watch whenever our next defeat is though.

Spurs away is not a 'smaller' game, I would have loved to be able to watch it.

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Spurs away is not a 'smaller' game, I would have loved to be able to watch it.

Positives - everything Raheem and Jordan do, Moreno (the new Riise?!) and a clean sheet!
    Negatives - Balo not converting one of 3 good chances, Sakho and Lovren needing more games together, and Johnson out injured....kidding!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

I was away for the weekend. Does anyone know where I can watch the full match online?

Positives - everything Raheem and Jordan do, Moreno (the new Riise?!) and a clean sheet!
    Negatives - Balo not converting one of 3 good chances, Sakho and Lovren needing more games together, and Johnson out injured....kidding!! :D

Would also say the shaky performance from Mingolet is also a concern
    He flapped at a few but credit where its due made a great save from Chadli
    He still terrifies me at times though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

10m bid by QPR accepted by LFC, now up to player.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

Hadnt heard that. We missed a trick there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭Crash Bang Wall

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/live-transfer-deadline-day-september-7684040

According to this QPR have had a 10m bid accepted for Borini
    Not quite 14m but not bad either

Tusky wrote: »
    I was away for the weekend. Does anyone know where I can watch the full match online?

Mostar LFC on twitter has a link to the full game along with highlights of moreno and manquillos performances.

Just to be clear mods can/could I post a link on this thread in future or no?

"I used to wait for the goalkeeper to make his move and then put the ball the other way. If the goalkeeper didn't move I would always try to put the ball low and hard to the goalkeeper's right."

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/170031-former-king-hails-gerrard-pen-record

From Skysports deadline day ticker:

Sebastian Coates has arrived at Sunderland's training ground to complete his medical, ahead of a proposed loan switch from Liverpool. The Black Cats hope that the Uruguay centre-back will be joined by Inter Milan's Argentinian schemer Ricky Alvarez.

Would also say the shaky performance from Mingolet is also a concern
    He flapped at a few but credit where its due made a great save from Chadli
    He still terrifies me at times though

I thought he was ok, he made Garth Crooks TOTW on the BBC site, which I was surprised at. But there were few clean sheets, so...

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/live-transfer-deadline-day-september-7684040

According to this QPR have had a 10m bid accepted for Borini
    Not quite 14m but not bad either

Phil McNulty says it's £13M, James Pearce says £12M, Bascombe says £10M.
    Probably £10M with £2/3M add ons...?

As an aside if Liverpool had neither player but were offered either Sterling or Falcao today. Which one would you choose?

Really it's a no brainer I feel. You would have to pick Sterling. Him being almost 10 years younger obviously a big part of it.

Even this time last year you would have been carted off to the nut house for thinking that.

Amazing progress by the lad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,694 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Makes sense to keep in touch with Suarez. If his move doesn't work out, then we would surely be a first port of call for a return.

He's the new Ian Rush*

*wishful thinking

As an aside if Liverpool had neither player but were offered either Sterling or Falcao today. Which one would you choose?

Really it's a no brainer I feel. You would have to pick Sterling. Him being almost 10 years younger obviously a big part of it.

Even this time last year you would have been carted off to the nut house for thinking that.

Amazing progress by the lad.

Sterling, Henderson and Sturridge have to be part of our best XI for the next 5 years. All bring something very different, but all tenacious, very skilled, positive, attacking and team players.

We are lucky to have them.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

lol over on the mancs thread they are tracking what they think to be Falcaos flight on flightradar :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Our former #7 leaving in tears today

Bwcz2XLIcAAarS_.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Borini to QPR is a good deal for both parties.

Coates to Sunderland is a brilliant one too. we'll see if he's up to it at this level; at a decent footballing team to boot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Lucas to stay then I'm guessing.

Happy enough if he does experienced player to use in League and FA cup games with younger players and If needed he is there for PL & CL.

If Borini leaves I think our net spend for the Summer will only be something like 20M.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭Robson99

Dcully wrote: »
    lol over on the mancs thread they are tracking what they think to be Falcaos flight on flightradar :)

Who's Falcao????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Cant open that. Is he any use??????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭viper006

Haha brutal stuff. As bad as the panda jokes are on the thread the running joke over there where one of their mods keeps saying "we are not signing vidal" as a sign they actually are is just not funny at all.

I cringe at the lickarsery then when he gets requests to actually say it and gets about 30 thumbs up for doing so. Terrible terrible stuff

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

:D

Oliver Kay tweeted a piece he wrote back in May about United wanting superstar players.

Didn't get Kroos or Vidal so signed all the attackers instead! Intriguing times to see if it works or another Galactico fiasco.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

viper006 wrote: »
    Haha brutal stuff. As bad as the panda jokes are on the thread the running joke over there where one of their mods keeps saying "we are not signing vidal" as a sign they actually are is just not funny at all.

I cringe at the lickarsery then when he gets requests to actually say it and gets about 30 thumbs up for doing so. Terrible terrible stuff

Dirty filthy hobbiteses

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Warning going into both threads; cross-thread discussions involving taking about whats happening in other threads is not tolerated, so get back on track please ;)

K-9 wrote: »

Oliver Kay tweeted a piece he wrote back in May about United wanting superstar players.

Didn't get Kroos or Vidal so signed all the attackers instead! Intriguing times to see if it works or another Galactico fiasco.

Blind, Rojo, Shaw, Herrera. Look them up sometime

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Robson99 wrote: »

I think you missed the "superstar players" part of that quote. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭Mr_Red

Hernandez gone out on Loan and RVP Knee Op forced the signing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Mickalus

Very interesting, could be similar to Liverpool last year with all the focus on outscoring the opposition.

Great to see 'Galactico' type players in the league. Not so great seeing them at United. :D

martyos121 wrote: »
    I think you missed the "superstar players" part of that quote. :D
    Think you missed the all attackers bit
    :-)

Robson99 wrote: »

Herrera is the only one of those that looks measured.
    Shaw is very good, but was overpriced and there were better options in the market (like Blind??)
    Blind has the Dutch edge, and had a good WC, but he's an odd choice if he's to play Def CM - again, better options out there.
    And Rojo could come good, but he's not a top class defender, and will take some settling in...

Now you could say the same about Moreno, Can and Lallana, but we only overpaid on the latter, and we don't have as many holes in the boat...

Assaidi looks to be going onloan to Stoke. We are getting a small fee upfront and they are paying all his wages apparently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Herrera is the only one of those that looks measured.
    Shaw is very good, but was overpriced and there were better options in the market (like Blind??)
    Blind has the Dutch edge, and had a good WC, but he's an odd choice if he's to play Def CM - again, better options out there.
    And Rojo ccould come good, but he's not a top class defender, and will take some setting in...

Now you could say the same about Moreno, Can and Lallana, but we only overpaid on the latter, and we don't have as many holes in the boat...

Shaw is better than Blind IMO

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement