Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Note in OP, 1/09

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭mav79

Anything but an impressive win today is going to be disappointing. Rodgers got a lot of plaudits for his tactics in utilizing Suarez and Sturridge together, he now needs to start finding the best way to play Balotelli, because our attack has looked very poor so far this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Mr Alan wrote: »
    Good to see potential excuses being rolled out already :rolleyes:

A bit little like the way you're sharpening the knife.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

Weird enough team. What's wrong with Moreno??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭Ciano35

hefferboi wrote: »

He got injured on international duty, surprise surprise. I think he was meant to be back today though, Rodgers probably playing it safe and resting him for Madrid game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

Need a big performance from Can in the middle. Gerrard and Hendo need to talk him through the game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Need a big performance from Can in the middle. Gerrard and Hendo need to talk him through the game.
    Two players he can learn from, looking forward to seeing how he gets on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

He travelled so hopefully he is just being rested for wednesday, likewise manquillo.

Excited to see can play, no two man midfield either :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

Looking forward to watching Can today, just hoping the red mist stays away. I think he is going to be a fantastic player for us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Yup.. These clashes between sides at the opposite end of the table are always a banker.

I'm not saying that (presuming that's a sarcasm attempt?)

All I'm saying is that having seen QPR against Spurs and United (2 top 4 rivals), I see them as one of the best teams in the league to be playing this weekend.

Not saying I'm expecting a comfortable victory or that a result is guaranteed, just that the fixture is a favourable one given the circumstances.

We've not played well yet this season, there's a mix of new and young players in the squad that haven't started to play well yet (and another mixed bag of a lineup today), and CL football, injuries and 3 international games means more chopping and changing so far.

Given all of this, my point is that I feel we haven't gotten going yet this season, and if we're to start to get going, QPR is a good fixture to use as a springboard for it, 2 decent fixtures afterwards and if we can get a comfortable victory today then you'll just have to see the league table and things will look very different to how they've felt so far.

We're not guaranteed a result, but we've a good chance and should be looking at today as a big opportunity to get firmly on track for top 4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

@8-10 Your post did read as if todays match was three points in the bag.

I'm really fearing this tbh as Qpr are on such bad run and ourselves haven't really got going yet, plus the fact these kind of away games are always a potential banana.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Charlie19 wrote: »
    @8-10 Your post did read as if todays match was three points in the bag.

Yep fair enough did not mean that, been a Liverpool fan far too long for that! :)

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Liverpool should be beating QPR without a huge amount of drama, but I'm far from confident we will. I'll still go for a 1-2 result though just before kick-off.

Edit: Thought this was the match thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

5starpool wrote: »
    Liverpool should be beating QPR without a huge amount of drama, but I'm far from confident we will. I'll still go for a 1-2 result though just before kick-off.

Tbf, its the result after kick-off that counts, really;-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

At this point Rodgers needs to start sacking people

Yikes. As bad as we've been under Rodgers and no sign of any improvement this far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

The psychology is what's killing Liverpool - every team knows that they can "get at" Liverpool right now. Suarez and Sturridge were to be feared so teams had to pay attention to that, without either any opposing side now knows they can concentrate on pressurising the Liverpool central mid and central defence from start to finish and that's the weakest part of the team anyway.

We need to start putting plans in place for bringing in actual TOP players in January & for sacking anyone involved in coaching our defence.

The psychology is what's killing Liverpool - every team knows that they can "get at" Liverpool right now. Suarez and Sturridge were to be feared so teams had to pay attention to that, without either any opposing side now knows they can concentrate on pressurising the Liverpool central mid and central defence from start to finish and that's the weakest part of the team anyway.

Us playing ****e is what's killing us.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Raif Severance

BR needs to Man Up. Drop Gerrard and put Borini alongside Balo.

We're not going to Score setup like this.

Us playing ****e is what's killing us.

That's what I said - central and defence is terrible and we have no goal threat.

Balo will be gone in January at this rate.

• Advertisement

That's what I said - central and defence is terrible and we have no goal threat.

Balo will be gone in January at this rate.

FSG must be fuming after the mega money spent in the summer

The whole defense is a disgrace.

I'd love to see Rodgers hook Ballotelli and put someone on that at least wants to fight for the jersey.

Nothing annoys me more than lack of effort

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

How many times do we have to be utter utter shite before Rodgers realises Balotelli can not play up front on his own? This is fucking ridiculous.

Not that that is the only problem...tip of the iceberg.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

On the plus side, it'll be much easier to get tickets for games in the November sale than it was in the July sale. On a related downside it'll be very depressing going to see them play.

How many times do we have to be utter utter shite before Rodgers realises Balotelli can not play up front on his own? This is fucking ridiculous.

Not that that is the only problem...tip of the iceberg.

The playing up front thing gores back to day 1 of the season iirc.

It tells me that Rodgers need to shake off the arrogance and see that's it's not working.

We are making QPR look like world beaters

FSG must be fuming after the mega money spent in the summer

Possibly so. Too much store was put in what the team already had in the two most critical areas of the pitch - attack and central midfield. Could and should have pushed out the boat in both positions. I don't mind buying for tomorrow but not at the expense of buying for today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

oh god. brendad actually lpayed balotelli up front on his own again. as much as i like him, he does make lots of foolish decisions :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Man, we are puke...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

rarnes1 wrote: »
    The playing up front thing gores back to day 1 of the season iirc.

It tells me that Rodgers need to shake off the arrogance and see that's it's not working.

We are making QPR look like world beaters

Us eejits on an internet forum know it's not gonna work so why the hell keep doing it?

Probably is arrogance.

• Advertisement

Amazingly bad, maybe its bad enough to prompt some thinking but I doubt it as managers are famously certain about their own quality and I'll bet its the players rather than the system that Rodgers highlights afterwards.

Hopefully sakho Moreno and Manquillo come in Wednesday. Laughable defending today.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Spa

Spa

Dose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

We are a shambles at the back. We've all always been brutal defensively under Rodgers, but we're at our most pathetic this season. We're a disgrace at set pieces! Of course I'm chuffed with the result, but that shouldn't mask our defensive display.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

We might have won today but we are in serious trouble. There is no command at the back. None.

Real are going to crucify us Wednesday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

We are so shít it's unreal :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

What a game. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

I really hope the win doesn't cover up how awful that performance was.

Most undeserved win I've seen in a while but I'll take it. Shout out to eoin goal, what a guy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Will we ever keep a clean sheet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

So annoyed by how bad we defend. It's an insult to schoolboys to say we defend like them.

Something badly needs to be done about it.

That was insane.

Level on points with 4th place :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

Balotelli was absolutely awful, and his attitude was worse.

Cheap for a reason.

rarnes1 wrote: »
    That was insane.

Level on points with 4th place :confused:

Best league in the world! :)

I actually switched off the stream at the 2-2 goal as I really thought QPR would see it out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

I'll start the thread for the Madrid game as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Bet they wish caulker had gone forward.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

We're in serious trouble lads. Nobody seems interested and we're fast turning into Spurs.

I know this might sound facetious but unless Madrid lob the ball into box over and over again yous might not be that vulnerable against them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I blame Sakho for that defending.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement