Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Note in OP, 1/09

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

klose wrote: »
    Hopefully sakho Moreno and Manquillo come in Wednesday. Laughable defending today.

Doesn't matter, they're all useless

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,296 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Ridiculous just ridiculous that was. Qpr are bottom for a reason though, car crash stuff.

What an impact from coutinho though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I know this might sound facetious but unless Madrid lob the ball into box over and over again yous might not be that vulnerable against them.

Didn't you see the first half? QPR weren't just lobbing balls into the box. The completely dominated the game.

Coutinho should be starting. He's going to be anonymous occasionally but you have to accept that with those type of players. He's too good to sit on the bench.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭mav79

Against West Brom we played pretty well in midfield with Gerrard deep, with Couthino ahead of him and Henderson even further forward, so why the hell change the midfield yet again? Rodgers is coming across like he does not know what he is doing. Moreno and Manquillo did pretty well in an under performing team, today's defense looked the worst I've seen this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

The performances this season are down to the manager. We have been awful but have at times got away with it. His players, his tactics, his problem. How he deals with it over the next few months is what will define his time at Liverpool. I've said it before here; is he a good manager or a great manager? Everyone can see the issues we have, he needs to sort it before our season falls apart.

And please nobody say we are joint fourth playing bad blah blah blah. We have been **** in every game this year apart from Spurs. Our luck will run out soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

We cant defend. Its obvious to anyone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,956 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

We got extremely lucky - simple as that!

What has happened this year? It's not all down to Suarez is it? This slide has been as bad as United last year IMO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

**** all that noise, that type of win is the mark of champions. :pac:

The way I look at it, it's 3 points without Sturridge.

if we manage 2ppg for the next month when he's out I'll be delighted

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

I don't think my heart is going to take Tuesday. QPR, bottom of the league, turning our back into headless chickens. Lads. :o

Fair play to Sterling not rising to some questions :)

Good interview from Gerrard there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Sterling is far too important to us, it's frightening.

His quick thinking made the first, his thrust opened QPR for the second, and his pace made the third.

don't get me started on our defending of balls into the box. it's somehow getting worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭Montroseee

From what I've seen thus far, Balotelli's career will go the way of David Bentley. Undoubtedly talented, but without a good attitude and work ethic it's never going to work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    **** all that noise, that type of win is the mark of champions. :pac:

Go home Lloyd you're drunk :P

But yeah. Any high ball into our box we just fall apart.

• Advertisement

I don't think my heart is going to take Tuesday. QPR, bottom of the league, turning our back into headless chickens. Lads. :o

Imagine what you'll be like on Wednesday when we play :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,504 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Just wondering, if I throw a fiver on a clean sheet against Madrid, I'd be set for life if it came in, right?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,276 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Blessed to get 3 points. But we got 3 points- at the moment, nothing else matters. Sturridge ge badly needs to return/ performances will improve eventually.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,280 ✭✭✭slingerz

God that was dreadful

Why not start Moreno??

10487402_974014692612756_1208851021754618472_n.jpg?oh=d0d7962dd3590d5293fe44eaff2c8321&oe=54B6EE9A&__gda__=1421851435_de642dfb1be91d5e8205ad2a65e32db5

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭mav79

I'm beginning to think Rodgers needs to play with no striker, because Balotelli on his own is just terrible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭kevohmsford

What a roller coaster of a game. Balotelli had a very poor game. Allen and Coutinho should have come on earlier. Cannot believe we got the 3 points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,504 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

I said it yesterday, Steven Gerrard, false 9.
    What's the worst that could happen? Best finisher at the club after Sturridge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

martyos121 wrote: »
    I said it yesterday, Steven Gerrard, false 9.
    What's the worst that could happen? Best finisher at the club after Sturridge.

He and the team were terrible when he was playing further forward. We were much better second half when he dropped back.

kfallon wrote: »
    Imagine what you'll be like on Wednesday when we play :p

I was fed false info here, will have a word. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

2e5nko8.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Longer Rodgers ignores our defensive mess, the more faith i am loosing in him. QPR showed zero attacking nouse today, and we looked shambolic at the back.
    Only for Mig and Skrtel today, we would have lost by 2-3 goals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

I know I said the other day it hurts my head to see people writing off players so early but Lovren looks the 2nd worst waste of money on a player since Andy Carroll.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

How in the fcuk did Ballotelli play the whole 90 minutes?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

How in the fcuk did Ballotelli play the whole 90 minutes?

Lambert is the other option up there.

• Advertisement

Kirby wrote: »
    Didn't you see the first half? QPR weren't just lobbing balls into the box. The completely dominated the game.

Did they score in the first half? It's the ball in the box that seems to have Liverpool ****ting themselves.

That said, with Enriques turning circle maybe running at him will be effective. :P

Longer Rodgers ignores our defensive mess, the more faith i am loosing in him. QPR showed zero attacking nouse today, and we looked shambolic at the back.
    Only for Mig and Skrtel today, we would have lost by 2-3 goals.

We were quite wasteful in fairness, any proper striker on the pitch would of had us home and hosed by 70 mins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,296 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Big get out of jail free card, it seemed the players turned up expecting QPR not to try. defending has been a joke now for a while and nothing has been done about it

SlickRic wrote: »

He certainly couldn't be worse and at least he'd care

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

We were quite wasteful in fairness, any proper striker on the pitch would of had us home and hosed by 70 mins.

Same could be said for QPR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Sterling and Coutinho pulled that one out of the fire for Liverpool. Virtually by themselves.

The defence is just horrendously bad. When opposition players can juggle the ball on their head in your penalty area you know there are major problems back there.

Watching Ballotelli play up front by himself makes me wish we had signed Remy. Even if they found he had Ebola during his medical.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

klose wrote: »
    I know I said the other day it hurts my head to see people writing off players so early but Lovren looks the 2nd worst waste of money on a player since Andy Carroll.

Balotelli.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

Mario's big miss earlier in the half nearly cost us dearly. Big let off for us. Good to see us scoring at the end of the game but we have to be more clinical so that we can finish teams off. We are huffing and puffing too much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

****ing blessed we were to win that today. Could be massive 3 points

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Our defence has gotten worse & worse over the last 2 years & we seem totally powerless to eradicate the utter clownishness. Very worrying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Liverpool winning today with Mario Balotelli and his awful attitude up front is testament to the rest of the team.

Mario was always a risk but now I'm fearing the worst.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

NukaCola wrote: »
    Liverpool winning today with Mario Balotelli with his awful attitude up front is testament to the rest of the team.

Mario was always a risk but now I'm fearing the worst.

Lad looks frightened in front of goal which is a worry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

SlickRic wrote: »

He runs about though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,548 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Obvously Suarez leaving has a massive impact on the team but:

Why can't we defend any more?
    Where is our rhythm gone?
    We don't we close down any more?
    Why can't they defend set pieces?
    What happened to closing the opposition down and regaining possession (wasn't it spoken about last year of regaining possession within 10 seconds).
    Why do our defenders keep clearing a ball by giving the ball straight back in front of the box?
    Where is our fast counter attack and attacking as one unit?

I'm sure people will ask more but all of the above are not affected by Suarez leaving or new personnel joining so something is fundamentally wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

I'd try Sterling in a false 9 position on Wednesday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Maybe we should try the defenders in the false number 2,3,4,5 roles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

murpho999 wrote: »
    Obvously Suarez leaving has a massive impact on the team but:

Why can't we defend any more?
    Where is our rhythm gone?
    We don't we close down any more?

Why can't they defend set pieces?
    What happened to closing the opposition down and regaining possession (wasn't it spoken about last year of regaining possession within 10 seconds).
    Why do our defenders keep clearing a ball by giving the ball straight back in front of the box?
    Where is our fast counter attack and attacking as one unit?

I'm sure people will ask more but all of the above are not affected by Suarez leaving or new personnel joining so something is fundamentally wrong.
    Alot of it is down to confidence. If we could get an early goal on a game like we did last season we would be alot better.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭osnola ibax

I genuinely wound write Balotelli off after that, drop him, sell him at Christmas.

Liverpool haven't always had the most talented players in the works in recent years, but a minimum requirement should be that you give 100% on the pitch.

He's walking around, have on hips, completely disinterested, never seen anything like in a Liverpool jersey, **** that get rid of him

Disgusted with him after that sh1te.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

In reality we still have players trying to intergrate into the squad and it's taking longer than usual for this (not sure how long it normally takes but with players with Premier League experience you would think it would take less than usual). The international breaks don't help either. I think Enrique is a weak link, Skittles wasn't so great today either, Gerrard needs to be rested and Mario needs more support. Our midfield needs more steel and Emre needs more game time.

So many variables that the next few games will be really nail-biting for us. We have a lot that needs sorting out. The three points today was very lucky for us.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭osnola ibax

Apologies for typos but I'm apoplectic with anger.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement