Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Note in OP, 1/09

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

We can't rely on Sturridge either he will score goals when fit but he will pick up injury after injury! Rodgers needs to go out and spend big on a world class striker in January and again next summer.

At the start of next season we need 3 top class strikers.

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭danoriordan1402

some run by Wisdom there, great assist, boom 1-0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Sideshow Mark

That Wisdom fella will go far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭ebbsy

****ing Rocket.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

That berahino fella looks decent, can't wait to spend 20 million on him next summer

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

klose wrote: »
    That berahino fella looks decent, can't wait to spend 20 million on him next summer

And loan him back for a year.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

word on the streets of west bromich is that it would cost nearer to 30 million

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,296 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Wisdom having a very good game, causing them fierce problems

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

Enrique and Moreno are both better than Luke Shaw will ever be

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

What are you on about, he doesn't play for Southampton.

Wisdom looks a dam shot better than Johnson here, or is it because it's Man Utd?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

We can't rely on Sturridge either he will score goals when fit but he will pick up injury after injury! Rodgers needs to go out and spend big on a world class striker in January and again next summer.

At the start of next season we need 3 top class strikers.

Don't think we'll be spending big in January to be honest. Maybe a striker but world class strikers are not usually freely available in January. Unless you want to really pay for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Wisdom looks a dam shot better than Johnson here, or is it because it's Man Utd?

My mother would look good against Utd, and she is 75 with brittle bones.

Enrique and Moreno are both better than Luke Shaw will ever be

Bit harsh on shaw, lad looks like he has a brain as opposed to our jose

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭Ciano35

Don't think we'll be spending big in January to be honest. Maybe a striker but world class strikers are not usually freely available in January. Unless you want to really pay for them.

Higuain may be available in January and I would pay the money for him.

Ciano35 wrote: »

Check out the goals he scored at the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

Would love to see Wisdoms passing stats for the game . Don't think he's misplaced one .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Would love to see Wisdoms passing stats for the game . Don't think he's misplaced one .

He has always been great on the ball.

For some reason some Liverpool fans think its a weakness of his

• Advertisement

Not only would I pay for him if I was BR but i'd offer a weekly teabagging in the deal.

The reports from Italy suggest he is hacked off at Napoli but whether that is with Rafa or life in general is another matter. I'm not sure I'd want to spend the money on someone not willing to put in a shift.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

I wouldn't mind if we spent 15m on Berahino in January. Very impressive all round game anytime ive seen him.

The reports from Italy suggest he is hacked off at Napoli but whether that is with Rafa or life in general is another matter. I'm not sure I'd want to spend the money on someone not willing to put in a shift.
    Wouldn't want Higuain. He was appaling last night vs Inter. Very selfish too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

MD1990 wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind if we spent 15m on Berahino in January. Very impressive all round game anytime ive seen him.

I don't think you'd get him for 15m.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭mav79

He has always been great on the ball.

For some reason some Liverpool fans think its a weakness of his

I never understood the criticism he got, very good close control and a solid RB. I think the loan moves are working very well for him, his biggest problem was getting dragged out of position, but these two loan spells are doing him the world of good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Pilsbury Doughboy

I've just discovered that Setanta are showing West Brom V Palace on Saturday as opposed to the Liverpool game, what in the actual fck are they doing! I might cancel my sub for that bs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,615 ✭✭✭Damien360

I've just discovered that Setanta are showing West Brom V Palace on Saturday as opposed to the Liverpool game, what in the actual fck are they doing! I might cancel my sub for that bs.

Lack of entertainment in current Liverpool games might be a valid reason. Saying that, the replacement game hardly fills me with excitement

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Damien360 wrote: »
    Lack of entertainment in current Liverpool games might be a valid reason. Saying that, the replacement game hardly fills me with excitement

Nothing to do with excitement. They would get a far greater audience for a Liverpool game than that one no matter how Liverpool are playing. There have been 25 goals in our 8 games so far, not too shabby from an entertainment point of view as long as you aren't a Liverpool fan anyhow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,504 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Berahino - Sign him up Rodgers!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

Wouldn't want Higuain. He was appaling last night vs Inter. Very selfish too.

While Mario wont run Higuain looks physically incapable of running. An excellent finisher but all wrong for LFC , IMO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Beating Southampton and west brom were not bad results by the look of things now.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

niallo27 wrote: »
    Beating Southampton and west brom were not bad results by the look of things now.

Jinxer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Played well once this season, pretty crap apart from that.

Still 5th.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Hilarious that this has actually been a decent week for us. Spurs, United and Arsenal drop points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,504 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

SlickRic wrote: »

Still 5th.

And when you look at the sides in 3rd and 4th, it actually makes us favourites for another top 4 finish, since we're ahead of the real top 4 contenders. Southampton won't make their form last and West Ham are sure to drop off a fair bit too.
    Early days yet, but we're in a strong position.

:)
    LOAN WATCH!

Texieria - 30 mins in 1-2 defeat (tactical not injury)
    Wisdom - Full game and a maqnifique assist in 2-2 draw
    Alberto - No game
    Ibe - played 90 mins in 0-3 win for Derby - scored a goal
    Origi - Played full game in 1-2 home defeat
    Smith - No game for Swindon (injured I think).
    Ilori - Injured
    Ossiadi - Came on at at 73 mins 2-1 win, assist for second goal
    Coates - no game for Sunderland (again)

If liverpool can get Sturridge and mario up front together. They will score goals for fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Results definately soften the blow of our defeat aainst QPR

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

Still 5th.

Yes, we have been absoutely terrible this season and are still above most of our rivals...it's rather strange

Still 5th.

Everton at home was decent. Completely shut them out of the game.

Properly good player. Won't get him for 15M now though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

Properly good player. Won't get him for 15M now though.

will have to sweeten the deal with a packet of munchies and a permanent transfer for Wisdom

donfers wrote: »
    will have to sweeten the deal with a packet of munchies and a permanent transfer for Wisdom

Throw in one used Borini. Slightly soiled.

donfers wrote: »

Wouldn't want to sell Wisdom. Looks a very good & solid RB & maybe CB in the future.

• Advertisement

Dont see united getting any points in the next 2 games. We need to capitalise on this

Dont see united getting any points in the next 2 games. We need to capitalise on this

They have Chelsea, Man City, Palace and Arsenal in their next 4 league games.

We have Hull, Newcastle, Chelsea and Palace.

We do have Real Madrid x 2 and a league cup game against Swansea in amongst that as well though. A lot of games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

The Saturday 3pm deal has similar restrictions to the other TV deals, theres a limit to how often each team can be shown. Guessing they are hoping by skipping a LPool game now that they have one in hand for March or April.

Is rather not watch the game on setanta anyways, awful quality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Is rather not watch the game on setanta anyways, awful quality.

It's like watching it through the bottom of jam jars.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement