Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Note in OP, 1/09

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Our ****in defence should be ashamed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,504 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Great finish from Ronaldo but I don't think it's unfair to say that all 3 goals were caused by the usual dicking about at the back. So frustrating.

No, the first was just world class, we couldn't have done much more to prevent it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Balo needs to be replaced at half time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Hmmm, easy to blame the keeper for a couple of them so I will! :pac: The third was just terrible, beyond the joke.

No coming back from this, Real will be able to knock the ball around in the spaces left by Liverpool going forward.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭mightyreds

Hopefully ludo get 2 draws or 1 win out of the 2 games but unless we get through and unload the cheque book in Jan again we are going nowhere fast.

Great finish from Ronaldo but I don't think it's unfair to say that all 3 goals were caused by the usual dicking about at the back. So frustrating.

2nd goal was quality, 1st and third were Skrtel afraid to touch the ball.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Rodgers needs to bite the bullet and hire a proper defencive coach and admit he doesn't know how to coach defenders.

This.

Liverpool goals against count over the last 2 years is a serious black mark against BR, and worse it's getting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

A few cock ups led to the goals but we played well for most the half.

They just turned it on and we backed off for 15 minutes in the middle.

There's just a huge gulf in class in every single position on the pitch. They're in a different league. If they turn up against us there's really not much we can do about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,548 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Getting to stage now that I think that this team would still be struggling for form even Sturridge and Suarez were still playing in the side.

Our defence is a major problem and no team can be successful wiith a dodgy backline like that.

Rodgers does not seem to be even acknowledging the issue let alone do something about it.

We need a defensive coach asap, we need to replace skrtle, lovren, mignolet asap, and we need to boot balo as far from anfield as possible

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Lads Roma aren't sh*t cause they got tonked by Bayern. We're not sh*t cause we got tonked by Real. However Mignolet needs to go. Any movement on Valdes? He's lost all confidence. The team have none in him... its too far gone at this stage. Mario having a very good game imo but you can see that he needs that 2nd striker. I honestly think he'll be a good signing for us but we should have brought in another top level striker.

mightyreds wrote: »
    Hopefully ludo get 2 draws or 1 win out of the 2 games but unless we get through and unload the cheque book in Jan again we are going nowhere fast.

Unless you mean unload to the tune of a billion quid, we're not going to be competing with Real Madrid.

• Match thread is an utter cesspit. Our performance isn't much better. Hard to be too critical though, this Madrid team would spank nearly every other team on the planet.

Nothing like Monday night no?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Gutless. ****ing gutless.

I don't accept this. Under Houllier and Benitez we played with pride. The manager and players should be utterly ashamed of themselves. A disgrace to the history of this club.

LuckyLloyd wrote: »

I don't accept this. Under Houllier and Benitez we played with pride. The manager and players should be utterly ashamed of themselves. A disgrace to the history of this club.

There weren't clubs like this Real Madrid side back then.

We need a defensive coach asap, we need to replace skrtle, lovren, mignolet asap, and we need to boot balo as far from anfield as possible

Well that's not going to happen is it? A defence coach is much cheaper.

shamrock55 wrote: »

Seriously?? He's the least of our worries out there. He's been our best player imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭kevohmsford

It is disappointing but not many teams could live with this Madrid team. They are just too damm good. Our defence is a major problem and has been since the start of the season.
    Sick of hearing excuses from Rodgers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

martyos121 wrote: »
    No, the first was just world class, we couldn't have done much more to prevent it.

They stepped off and failed to shut down Rodriguez. Lovren scuffed his clearance attempt. Ball simply should never have gotten near Ronaldo's feet.

2nd goal was also caused by stepping off and failing to close. They basically told Kroos to go on sure.

3rd goal was simply embarrassing, you'd swear none of them had to defend a corner in their lives. Bereft of authority or aggressiveness in attacking the ball.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

Damage limitation here lads & hope we get no further injuries.
    Key stone cops defending

Nonsense, Real are a level or three above the side beaten in 2009 while Liverpool without Sturridge and with Mignolet (and Balo!) are hugely disadvantaged.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Pilsbury Doughboy

That 3rd goal really hurt, so fcking soft.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,548 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

I wonder if Rodgers would have the nerve to give Steve Clarke a call.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Step away from the keyboard mate

Honestly you aren't watching the game he is playing very well.

Here we go with the nonsensical overboard nonsense. Overall we have actually played well just some stupid mistakes. It could very easily be 3-2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Go to bed you're drunk.

What a load of waffle. Do you honestly think that Rodgers doesn't care?!? He got us closer to the league than the two managers you've mentioned. Selective memory and that need to be right in your initial judgement of Rodgers clouding your judgement here.

Its been painful but where you posting this about Rafa at halftime in Istanbul?

After watching this half of football, I've lost all hope of us ever winning a league or Champions League title under Rodgers or FSG. Bad tactics, bad transfer policy, squad full of kids and pretenders.
    An overhaul is needed, this isn't the Liverpool I grew up watching.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,800 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Nothing like Monday night no?
    Crawl off to under your rock please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Gbear wrote: »
    There weren't clubs like this Real Madrid side back then.
    It is disappointing but not many teams could live with this Madrid team.
    Nonsense, Real are a level or three above the side beaten in 2009 while Liverpool without Sturridge and with Mignolet (and Balo!) are hugely disadvantaged.

the same madrid side that a few weeks ago were losing in bulgaria...

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

This is the kicking I was fearing. Liverpool were competing for the first 20 then sat back and allowed them to have too much of the ball when they stopped pressing as hard. From then on there was only one outcome likely and the gulf in class has shown since. I just hope that it's not an absolute hammering by full time with another one to come in 2 weeks. Hopefully this can be put behind them by Saturday for the league, but I don't think this team remember how to play well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    What a load of waffle. Do you honestly think that Rodgers doesn't care?!? He got us closer to the league than the two managers you've mentioned. Selective memory and that need to be right in your initial judgement of Rodgers clouding your judgement here.

Its been painful but where you posting this about Rafa at halftime in Istanbul?

Tbf to Rafa he had us up to 2nd a few years back.

Shocking defending, Mignolet should just **** off already. Dodgy as fook.

Balo is actually having a decent game so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Crawl off to under your rock please.

He has a point, just watch when they have a Champions Lea...g..u...e....never mind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

Omnishambles

• Crawl off to under your rock please.

I called you out, opposing fans were all over the thread on Monday, and yet your crying about it now when it happens to Liverpool. Come on now

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭huey1975

Johnson overran the ball in the build up to the second goal and the third was due to piss poor defending.
    You could take the view that everything that could go wrong has gone wrong and nothing has gone right. It isn't the worst performance of the season considering the quality of the opposition.
    Losses to West ham and Aston villa??

Henderson off. Lallana on.
    I'd rather Toure in goalythan that clown mignolet.

Honestly you aren't watching the game he is playing very well.

Here we go with the nonsensical overboard nonsense. Overall we have actually played well just some stupid mistakes.

No no no its his best game maybe, but if you class that as playing well then god help us

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

murpho999 wrote: »
    I wonder if Rodgers would have the nerve to give Steve Clarke a call.

He won't hire anyone as then he would have to admit he doesn't have all the answers.. I don't think his ego could handle that.

Balotelli off? Ffs Rodgers. Hasn't a clue.

• Advertisement

Balotelli off. Rodgers has lost the plot lads.
    Bring back Rafa.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Embarrassing

martyos121 wrote: »
    After watching this half of football, I've lost all hope of us ever winning a league or Champions League title under Rodgers or FSG. Bad tactics, bad transfer policy, squad full of kids and pretenders.
    An overhaul is needed, this isn't the Liverpool I grew up watching.

What was the liverpool team you grew up watching? The one that has won f*ck all in the last 20 years?!? Cause i don't see why the hell you judge Rodgers on this game (or season so far) and not last season when we were superb.

Our defence is just shocking. The hope was Lovern would help us with that and its clearly not working atm. We need to do something about it. A new keeper would be a start.

Taking Mario off here is madness btw.

No no no its his best game maybe, but if you class that as playing well then god help us

No he is playing very well and it's a disgrace he was taken off an absolute disgrace. You haven't a clue about the game you aren't even watching I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭spiritcrusher

Defenders:
    tumblr_inline_ncqqfvUHET1qcsp25.gif
    Two of the goals could and should have been dealt with easily enough if the defence was any way competent. Probably should have a goal back as well but overall nowhere near as good as Madrid. By a comfortable margin. Lallana on for Balotelli is very strange too. He was doing alright except a few poor final decisions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,800 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Steve Clarke is not going to go back to being a defensive coach after managing a team. No point even debating whether Rodgers should be talking to him or not.

Mr Alan wrote: »
    Embarrassing

You're easily embarrassed. Its tough to watch but not that shocking. Did anyone think Real wouldn't be a class above?!?

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    What was the liverpool team you grew up watching? The one that has won f*ck all in the last 20 years?!? Cause i don't see why the hell you judge Rodgers on this game (or season so far) and not last season when we were superb.

Our defence is just shocking. The hope was Lovern would help us with that and its clearly not working atm. We need to do something about it. A new keeper would be a start.

Taking Mario off here is madness btw.

I gave Rodgers more than enough credit last season, and yes, we have lost a world class player, but that's no excuse for the level of play we're currently seeing from the lads. If we have little effectiveness going forward, we should at least have a solid defence. At the moment, without Sturridge, we have neither.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

He won't hire anyone as then he would have to admit he doesn't have all the answers.. I don't think his ego could handle that.

When did it become ok to say this?

• Advertisement

****ing stupid decision taking Balotelli off.

Just winding him up for the sake of it. Clearly Rodgers has no interest in keeping him around.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement