Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Note in OP, 1/09

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

No he is playing very well and it's a disgrace he was taken off an absolute disgrace. You haven't a clue about the game you aren't even watching I'd say.

Obviously your the one who hasnt a clue if you think that, he did fcuk all hense he was taken off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

martyos121 wrote: »
    I gave Rodgers more than enough credit last season, and yes, we have lost a world class player, but that's no excuse for the level of play we're currently seeing from the lads. If we have little effectiveness going forward, we should at least have a solid defence. At the moment, without Sturridge, we have neither.

So having lost our two best attacking talents you don't see the reason for a drop off? The defence should be better. No doubt about that but Rodgers has done more than enough to be given plenty of time to get things right. We're a point off 4th ffs... thats the goal for this year. We were never going to be beating Real.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,800 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

We're playing much better with Balo off to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,504 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    So having lost our two best attacking talents you don't see the reason for a drop off? The defence should be better. No doubt about that but Rodgers has done more than enough to be given plenty of time to get things right. We're a point off 4th ffs... thats the goal for this year. We were never going to be beating Real.

This is the problem though. We should be beating Real. If you finish second in the toughest league in the world, you expect progress the following season. Our defence was very bad last year. It should be better this year, but no, it's even worse. Our attack was always going to be poorer minus Suarez, and Rodgers made no clear attempt to find an immediate replacement.
    Bottom line is, there is no team at home we should never be beating. We're not fecking Burnley.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Sturidge will miss 10-15 games a season with injuries.

Borini looks like he will never play again for Liverpool.

Lambert doesn't have the legs anymore.

Balotelli is the scapegoat for Rodgers to blame the committee for buying players.

• Advertisement

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Obviously your the one who hasnt a clue if you think that, he did fcuk all hense he was taken off

Why are so many posters agreeing with me so?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Sturidge will miss 10-15 games a season with injuries.

Borini looks like he will never play again for Liverpool.

Lambert doesn't have the legs anymore.

Balotelli is the scapegoat for Rodgers to blame the committee for buying players.

Rodgers buying has been for the most part a miss. He really needs less final word on signings.

Why are so many posters agreeing with me so?

Now thats a good question

Corners have been appalling, everyone is making a balls out of them.

Benzema laughing at us because our defence is so shaky.
    Says it all really.

• Advertisement

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Now thats a good question

It means you're wrong and haven't a clue.

Vicxas wrote: »
    Rodgers buying has been for the most part a miss. He really needs less final word on signings.

Or more? But honestly i think less is likely the correct answer. I think he's a magnificent coach but his transfer record has been more miss than hit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Very early in a game to make all your changes.

Hope it doesn't backfire.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭kevohmsford

I thought I had seen the last of Johnson when Manquillo played a few games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭mrsoundie

Is it zonal marking that they are trying, because they are not picking people up at all. It is like they are afraid to commit to anything.

Oh well there is always the 2020 - 2021 season to look forward to.

martyos121 wrote: »
    This is the problem though. We should be beating Real. If you finish second in the toughest league in the world, you expect progress the following season. Our defence was very bad last year. It should be better this year, but no, it's even worse. Our attack was always going to be poorer minus Suarez, and Rodgers made no clear attempt to find an immediate replacement.
    Bottom line is, there is no team at home we should never be beating. We're not fecking Burnley.

Like Bayern should have beaten them last season?!?? Stop living in the past where Liverpool were the best club in Europe. We're not at that level anymore. It can be the aim but we have to be realistic about how that could be achieved. We don't have a lot of cash and we can't afford to pay galactico wages.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

This.

We should really consider a DOF model. Bringing in a big name DOF might also help attract some top players-something Rodgers seems to struggle with big time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭mav79

The one player that can play a through ball comes off as a quick player that can break the lines comes on. Rodgers is a genius.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

mav79 wrote: »
    The one player that can play a through ball comes off as a quick player that can break the lines comes on. Rodgers is a genius.

I know we're **** but give it a rest. Gerard & Lallana can pick a pass.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Sideshow Mark

How is Glen Johnson still getting a game?

• Advertisement

We are playing well this second half, the final ball has just been rubbish.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Does it sound mad that despite being 3-0 down there are still some encouraging things about our play?

Mr Alan wrote: »
    This.

We should really consider a DOF model. Bringing in a big name DOF might also help attract some top players-something Rodgers seems to struggle with big time.

This is one of my problems with Rodgers.

When he got the job he said he wouldn't work under a DOF as he wanted the final say which is fair enough but then he say he works with a transfer committee who he seems to blame for every player that doesn't work out.

He seems to like passing the blame to someone other than himself.

:)
    It means you're wrong and haven't a clue.
    Ha ha wrong again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

How is Glen Johnson still getting a game?

He's been fairly decent since he's come back.

Doesn't wash out the terrible performances though and based on the last 50 minutes he seems to be reverting back to Bad Johnson.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

I like Can, done more already than Henderson.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

Augmerson wrote: »
    Does it sound mad that despite being 3-0 down there are still some encouraging things about our play?

No, we started very well. There are signs of improvement in everything but defence.

Positives from this match?

Can has done well since coming on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

When he got the job he said he wouldn't work under a DOF as he wanted the final say which is fair enough.

It's no longer fair enough, his record is too poor. He should be told he doesn't have a say in it.

Balotelli swapping shirts at half time probably did not go down well.

T-K-O wrote: »
    No, we started very well. There are signs of improvement in everything but defence.

We still didn't create anything until that Allen shot from distance at the end of the first half.

That's been a consistent problem this season - we're just not creating enough chances and it doesn't matter what Rodgers has tried, he hasn't got it to work without 2 strikers.

Skrtel. I'm positive he's useless.

Not posting too much in the match thread.

Augmerson wrote: »

In fairness i dont think we are playing as bad as the scoreline might suggest, but the defense really does need sorting

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭Hoki

rossie1977 wrote: »
    the same madrid side that a few weeks ago were losing in bulgaria...

You do know they won right ? I must admit that's the first time I've ever seen a poster use a 'they were losing during a game' ( that they went onto win ) to make a point , congrats on re-affirming my belief that you're a spoofer.

T-K-O wrote: »

Like the first 15 or 20 minutes of the 1st half we actually looked like we were going to give Madrid a game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭careca

I actually fear for Rodgers based on his signings. Different owners I know, but Rafa was gone the season after finishing his highest and having thrashed Utd/Real etc. I can't get away from Rodgers introducing Borini to us and saying "this boy will get us a lot of goals"

Also said it already this season but every single one of his summer signings still has the jury out on them imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭NoelJ

It really annoys me that Rodgers is sticking with Balotelli while not giving Lambert a chance. Whenever I've seen Lambert he's been class while Balotelli has always looked lazy.

I'd love to see a midfield of Can, Hendo and Gerrard together with a strikeforce of Lallana Sterling and Lambert

careca wrote: »
    I actually fear for Rodgers based on his signings. Different owners I know, but Rafa was gone the season after finishing his highest and having thrashed Utd/Real etc. I can't get away from Rodgers introducing Borini to us and saying "this boy will get us a lot of goals"

Also said it already this season but every single one of his summer signings still has the jury out on them imo.

Everyone but Lallana. He's integrated very quickly into the team, and will be big for us for this season at least.

• Advertisement

NoelJ wrote: »
    It really annoys me that Rodgers is sticking with Balotelli while not giving Lambert a chance. Whenever I've seen Lambert he's been class while Balotelli has always looked lazy.

I'd love to see a midfield of Can, Hendo and Gerrard together with a strikeforce of Lallana Sterling and Lambert

Lambert has been given 2 chances from the start and has looked hopelessly out of his depth.

His only function in this team is an extra striker on as a plan B for the last 10 minutes or a warm body to play in games that don't matter (like the league cup).

With the number of games we did need that this season and I'm not knocking the signing, but he doesn't look up to the standard of the PL or the CL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭careca

NoelJ wrote: »

Goodnight all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Only getting beat 0-3

careca wrote: »

That's fundamental to the strategy of our signings though - and that's not down to Rodgers but the people in charge of the club who're determined to get value for money and build sustainably.

It's rare that 18-22 year olds are going to come and produce straigth away. We're just going to have to accept that or start rioting outside the ground and encourage FSG to **** off so we can get some rich scumbag who stole his wealth from his fellow citizens or is actively supporting civil rights abuse.

Gbear wrote: »
    That's fundamental to the strategy of our signings though - and that's not down to Rodgers but the people in charge of the club who're determined to get value for money and build sustainably.

It's rare that 18-22 year olds are going to come and produce straigth away. We're just going to have to accept that or start rioting outside the ground and encourage FSG to **** off so we can get some rich scumbag who stole his wealth from his fellow citizens or is actively supporting civil rights abuse.

Yet we overpaid for every player this summer bar Lambert and Moreno.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Is Glen Johnson just plain thick?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Does Ronnie Whelan not get complimentary tickets from the club or something?

Him and Hodgson should get together.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

We've been as threatening as a pack of kittens.

Right, I was under no illusion that we would beat Madrid. But tonight still hurt.

Balotelli is really, really starting to grind my gears. Johnson also needs to take a long walk.

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Does Ronnie Whelan not get complimentary tickets from the club or something?

Him and Hodgson should get together.

I muted tv in the first half and the opted to stream in the 2nd. He so bitter.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement