Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Note in OP, 1/09

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Oh Glen Johnson...you plodding muppet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Powder puff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Yet we overpaid for every player this summer bar Lambert and Moreno.

You think we overpaid for Markovich? That was pretty much what every single source i checked assumed he would go for. He was bought as a player who has the potential to be world class in a few years (might not make it but waaaay too early to tell yet) 20m is easily the going rate for that (look at Chambers, Shaw etc for how much buying young talent costs).

Did we overpay for Mario? We'll get what we spent back on him no problem. Can?? Again way less than most assumed he would cost.

Lovern i'll give you and its not looking like money well spent.

Lallana was prob at the high end of his value but i think he's worth it tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,548 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Looking at this and our current form I genuinely don't know what the answer is to resolve it with the current squad.

Change to defensive coaching is one possibility.
    Sort out Ballotelli and get Sturridge back.

Get pace back into the side too, we attacked so much faster last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Markovic pictured heading home early
    funny-snail-pictures1.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,504 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

5starpool wrote: »
    We've been as threatening as a pack of kittens.

A kindle. A pack of kittens is called a kindle.
    Shameful mistake to make in a football thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Vicxas wrote: »
    Positives from this match?

Ludogorets v Basel is the positive tonight. Home win!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,800 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Looks like Basle drew with Ludogrets at least.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Ludocrets 1 up now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,042 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Ludogorets you fucking beauties!

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAL :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Ludogorets have scored, bad news.

Is that that good news? I'm confused :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Nope

Ludo scored :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Ludo gone 1 up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,296 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Does Ronnie Whelan not get complimentary tickets from the club or something?

Him and Hodgson should get together.

He's as two faced as they come. He's on match day phone in on lfctv and he wouldn't say a bad word.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

It feels like a win!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Ludo won so that's something. Win our last two games and we are almost certainly through.

On current form though that will be tough.

Only positives for me tonight were Coutinho returning to form and Can looking good when he came on.

I'd like to see Can and and Gerrard sitting deep and Henderson further forward

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭mav79

We did not even give Madrid a fight, all the players pulling out of tackles. Expected a loss but not to give up without a fight.

Don't fancy our chances away to Ludo. They gave Madrid a tougher game than we did in the first half and put Basel away late on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

ludo score ... alls not lost in the night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Ludo won so that's something. Win our last two games and we are almost certainly through.

Only positives for me tonight were Coutinho returning to form and Can looking good when he came on.

Are you getting worried yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Raif Severance

BR's Stubbornness will be his Downfall.

We would have looked alot better, if Borini is actually getting the Minutes that Markovich is playing.

And it would probably improve Balo too, since he now has a Strike Partner to do the Donkey Work for him.

And of course, the Oldest Player we have, continues to play every Game, every Minute.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Fair play ludo. Makes the shootout for second more interesting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Mr Alan wrote: »
    Are you getting worried yet?

About what?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

said it after last game, balotelli has no place at lfc,actually in any team,he is not a team player

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

About what?

About the fact that our team is getting significantly worse & showing zero real signs of being able to turn it around?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Yeah Counthino played well but will he get that space again and such a non aggressive midfield against him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Well that went to script if we are being honest however defence remains a mess but whats new? We were second in every position tbh, they defended superbly and that midfield they have is a thing of beauty. Decent cameo for can, markovic did zilch unfortunately. Johnson is just pathetic at this stage, would love to know what rodgers sees in him. We are blessed ludo got a win tonight, every chance of qualifying still.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

Gbear wrote: »
    We still didn't create anything until that Allen shot from distance at the end of the first half.

That's been a consistent problem this season - we're just not creating enough chances and it doesn't matter what Rodgers has tried, he hasn't got it to work without 2 strikers.

It's far from ideal but considering our performances this year and the fact that QPR battered us on Sunday, there was some improvement in certain aspects.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Like the first 15 or 20 minutes of the 1st half we actually looked like we were going to give Madrid a game.

Exactly until our defending let us down, again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

I say again, Mario is a disease for team morale.

Can't believe it took so long for some to realise this.

One thing that annoyed me tonight was that so many times when we turned over possession, we just didn't break forward with enough bodies. Last season we would have had wingers with full backs overlapping bombing forward. Today and in most games this season, we haven't had enough numbers getting forward and it's meant we've got far too few options in the final third.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭poolboy

rob316 wrote: »
    He's as two faced as they come. He's on match day phone in on lfctv and he wouldn't say a bad word.

He's a prick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,042 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Actually thought Balotelli had a pretty decent first half...passing should have been better on a few occasions, but much more involved than other games.

As usual, defense was our undoing.

As far as the night goes though, Ludo winning was effectively as good a points swing as we could hope for - us and Basle being on equal footing after 3 games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

If tonight proved anything, it's that Rodgers needs to build the team around Coutinho, Can and Sterling.

noodler wrote: »
    I say again, Mario is a disease for team morale.

Can't believe it took so long for some to realise this.

He let himself down badly swapping shirts at half time. Disgraceful stuff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

rob316 wrote: »

He is a utd fan since childhood.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

K4t wrote: »
    If tonight proved anything, it's that Rodgers needs to build the team around Coutinho, Can and Sterling.

This. I'm also desperate for Sturridge to be back and our defence to grow a backbone.

• Advertisement

The treatment of Balotelli by the RTE panel is nothing short of a disgrace.

Just saw the footage of Balotelli swapping shirts at half-time.
    He is an utter waste of space and if Voronin and Aspas had a son together, I would sooner play him up front.

Didi- Mario doesn't care about the club.

Yup. We have enough problems without Mario pulling us down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Dunphy talking some scutter on RTE. Nearly has Liverpool being relegated into League one. Calm down Eamon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Didi not happy with Ballotelli...saying he swapped shirts and half time with Pepe deliberately to wind people up..

Nah, you are delusional if you think that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

They're all clueless at this stage, I wouldn't worry about it!
    Didi Hamann is the worst football tipster the Racing Post ever employed

WHy?

I find it hard to argue with what he says.

Either way Balotelli won't see it or be affected by it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭mav79

Concentrating on Balotelli and the defence gets away with very little criticism.

kfallon wrote: »
    They're all clueless at this stage, I wouldn't worry about it!
    Didi Hamann is the worst football tipster the Racing Post ever employed

Racing Post employing an ex German footballer for horse tips. Whose fault is that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 983 ✭✭✭Frogdog

Can anyone tell me why we've changed formation from last year? Last year, we played 4-4-2, with Suarez and Sturridge as the two forwards. Sturridge was the striker and Suarez played of him. This year we're playing 4-5-1, with Ballotelli up front on his own. Ballotelli has said before he's not an out and out striker, rather someone that plays of the striker. That's clear to see.

1. Someone is going to tell me that we've changed formation because we sold Suarez. We shouldn't change formation because one player left. The attacking system that brought us success last year should be carried forward.
    2. If it's because Sturridge is injured, well we should replace him with another striker - Lambert or Borini, keeping the same system and letting Ballotelli play in his correct position.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement