Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Note in OP, 1/09

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Mr Alan wrote: »
    About the fact that our team is getting significantly worse & showing zero real signs of being able to turn it around?

I think we are flatlining rather than getting worse. We aren't getting near the heights of last season, we aren't playing well, but aren't doing too badly in the league, are we?

I'm fairly confident our form will pick up, that's not to say we don't have serious problems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Mario wasn't too bad but his awareness is shocking
    A few minutes in he should have played sterling in down the left
    He is constantly shooting
    Swapping a jersey at half time well that's not gonna help his cause

noodler wrote: »
    Nah, you are delusional if you think that.

Your posts are a disgrace also on the topic and I would have mainly agreed with your posts in the past.

I don't get what's wrong with you and some others. He played well tonight and gets this abuse, some fans ye are.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

murpho999 wrote: »
    Racing Post employing an ex German footballer for horse tips. Whose fault is that?

He doesn't tip horses

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,296 ✭✭✭✭rob316

I thought it was a much improved performance but just not good enough. I didn't need tonight to show me we are miles behind the creme of Europe.
    We sold a once in a lifetime striker who the club knew was off yet didn't replace him with even a striker that fits our philosophy. It has cost us atleast 5 points in the league imo.

A top class striker in January is an absolute must.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

It shows an incredible lack of respect towards your teammates to swap your jersey at half time after being substituted, and even worse to an opposition player who is still in the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,283 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Actually thought Balotelli had a pretty decent first half...passing should have been better on a few occasions, but much more involved than other games.

As usual, defense was our undoing.

As far as the night goes though, Ludo winning was effectively as good a points swing as we could hope for - us and Basle being on equal footing after 3 games.

Agreed. Very balanced and reasoned post, not what i was expecting here after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Devilman40k

The treatment of Balotelli by the RTE panel is nothing short of a disgrace.

Why? It's not wrong! Balotelli has been awful for 2 months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Was mario playing centre half tonight?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,548 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

mav79 wrote: »
    Concentrating on Balotelli and the defence gets away with very little criticism.

They are analysing defence now so give them a chance.

What's wrong with people, Liverpool took a hammering tonight and it's a damaging result and people are analysing pundits who are irrelevant in the grand scheme of things?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Was mario playing centre half tonight?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Balotelli has now become the story.

Not the defence!! Not the manager!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

T-K-O wrote: »
    It's far from ideal but considering our performances this year and the fact that QPR battered us on Sunday, there was some improvement in certain aspects.

Maybe marginally but it's not the fundamental change we need.

We're not a matter of percentages off. We're completely arseways up front.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Skrtel actually ducked for the 3rd goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Your posts are also a disgrace also on the topic and I would have mainly agrees with your posts in the past.

I don't get what's wrong with you and some others. He played well tonight and gets this abuse, some fans ye are.

If you want to support someone who so obviously doesn't care then go ahead.

Not just not care though, but not even try, argue with younger teammates on the pitch for his own mistakes and then actually do something like the shirt swap in full view of the fans. For what possible reason? He is a disgrace. An ineffective joke that even city could barely accommodate.

Do you just want Liverpool fans to support him regardless?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Ballotelli was far from the worst player during the first half by the way. The constant drama surrounding him though means I can't see him lasting very long at the club.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

0-3 defeat nearly feels like a victory, yes yes they eased off but what was notable to me was not that Real won by 3-0 and comfortable but how they won the game and but also how Liverpool played in attack without their most potent weapon and with Balotelli

I actually think Liverpool will take something positive out of this rather than it being a chastening experience which is what Ronnie Wheelan opined at the end, we actually saw pressing and quick thinking early on before the Real Madrid machine (over 600 CL caps in that starting 11) cranked fully into life. If the kind of application displayed can be shown in the Prem week in week out then its not all bad. Roll on Sturridge. The defence remains a mess of course but we knew that.

As regards tonights performances - Sterling and Coutinho were the most positives Mignolet, Balo the worst. If the latter doesn't click with Sturridge very quickly once he is back then he'll be on the bench and out the door in January.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,280 ✭✭✭slingerz

Balotelli has the wrong attitude. Has all the ability but lacks that vital ingredient

Coutinho played well, Can did ok when he came on thought he stood next to Gerrard a lot rather than getting into space, Allen was busy

Further investment still needed in terms of defence and striking options

Can't understand what Borini has done out of the way either

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Just backed Higuain to sign for Liverpool at 8/1.
    Should be free money if there's any bit of logic in the world.

Why? It's not wrong! Balotelli has been awful for 2 months.

He hasn't, he was poor against QPR but otherwise he had been decent to excellent (against Spurs). Did well tonight and should not have been taken off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

murpho999 wrote: »
    Racing Post employing an ex German footballer for horse tips. Whose fault is that?

It's football tips, why employ him for racing? :rolleyes:

Balotelli has now become the story.

Not the defence!! Not the manager!!

Post match interview will focus on it, wonder will 'The Rodgers' hang him out to dry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

martyos121 wrote: »
    Just backed Higuain to sign for Liverpool at 8/1.
    Should be free money if there's any bit of logic in the world.
    He would be overpriced & not worth the money. We need a mobile striker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Beaten by a world class unit tonight. No complaints. We know our deficiencies at the back but in fairness we were alright at times and its pleasure to be back amongst the elite again. Coutinho was top class and Lallana showed glimpses... Have to laugh at the punditry from the RTE lads again. From 2nd to being like Leeds in the space of a few months.. Geniuses

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,548 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

kfallon wrote: »
    It's football tips, why employ him for racing? :rolleyes:

Ha ok sorry....I never read the Racing Post!

The defence doesn't get a pass either. But good defenders don't become bad for no reason. It comes down to coaching. Rodgers has work to do ...needs to lift the blinkers now.

Maybe we should have a plan b that involves parking the bus now and again as opposed to defending like headless chickens.

Doesn't mean we stop attacking teams, but there's a time and place to shut up shop and get organised.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Post match interview will focus on it, wonder will 'The Rodgers' hang him out to dry.

My honest guess is he will.

noodler wrote: »
    If you want to support someone who so obviously doesn't care then go ahead.

Not just not care though, but not even try, argue with younger teammates on the pitch for his own mistakes and then actually do something like the shirt swap in full view of the fans. For what possible reason? He is a disgrace. An ineffective joke that even city could barely accommodate.

Do you just want Liverpool fans to support him regardless?

You are so far off the mark there is nothing that can be done to bring you back I fear.

I think it's disgusting posting though as it's totally untrue what you are saying. The shirt swap is a non-event imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

could not care about the result tonight as long as we get the points against the mighty hull city tigers this weekend :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Skrtel actually ducked for the 3rd goal.

Hes driving me mad lately.

He's ****in clueless.

I would actually start Sakho and Toure if there fit this weekend

Don't get the myth balloteli is a player with immense ability but a bad attitude
    For me he has very limited ability

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭poolboy

0-3 defeat nearly feels like a victory, yes yes they eased off but what was notable to me was not that Real won by 3-0 and comfortable but how they won the game and but also how Liverpool played in attack without their most potent weapon and with Balotelli

I actually think Liverpool will take something positive out of this rather than it being a chastening experience which is what Ronnie Wheelan opined at the end, we actually saw pressing and quick thinking early on before the Real Madrid machine (over 600 CL caps in that starting 11) cranked fully into life. If the kind of application displayed can be shown in the Prem week in week out then its not all bad. Roll on Sturridge. The defence remains a mess of course but we knew that.

As regards tonights performances - Sterling and Coutinho were the most positives Mignolet, Balo the worst. If the latter doesn't click with Sturridge very quickly once he is back then he'll be on the bench and out the door in January.

Exactly well said

K4t wrote: »
    It shows an incredible lack of respect towards your teammates to swap your jersey at half time after being substituted, and even worse to an opposition player who is still in the game.
    Just to add to the above, I really don't think Balotelli even realises this and is not the 'character' many people like to portray him as and often a victim of his reputation. He worked hard tonight but was powerless to make any meaningful impact on the game, like Liverpool in general.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Hes driving me mad lately.

He's ****in clueless.

I would actually start Sakho and Toure if there fit this weekend

Sakho out for another 10 days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

So next question is.

What are we going to do. I'm so happy we're scraping 4th at the minute or things would be VERY bleak for us.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Raif Severance

MD1990 wrote: »
    He would be overpriced & not worth the money. We need a mobile striker.

We should have gone for Lacazette. Already has 8 Goals and 3 Assists in 10 Games.

Fast and Athletic and can also play on the Wings. And wouldn't Cost much, since he plays for Lyon.

Anyone see Reus's goal tonight?
    Plays for Dortmund, never heard of him but he looks to be worth a punt. He might get a game at right back.

Sakho out for another 10 days.

Out or 'out for getting on the managers bad side'?

He hasn't, he was poor against QPR but otherwise he had been decent to excellent (against Spurs). Did well tonight and should not have been taken off.

He was good vs Spurs ... wouldn't go as far as decent in the rest. I haven't been convinced by him since he signed and am still not 1 goal in 2 months is not top 4 level for a striker.

• Advertisement

You are so far off the mark there is nothing that can be done to bring you back I fear.

I think it's disgusting posting though as it's totally untrue what you are saying.

What the fcuk have you been watching?

I have no idea where you are coming from

Untrue my arse, he is crap.

Worse than that though, he doesn't try, he sets his teammates off, he disrespect the fans the first chance he gets.

You will need to seriously elaborate if you want to explain your stance to me but I completely understand Mancini's frustrations now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

Gbear wrote: »
    Maybe marginally but it's not the fundamental change we need.

We're not a matter of percentages off. We're completely arseways up front.

Upfront down the middle and at the back. I wouldn't disagree with that but we did show a little improvement, nothing to boast about but a lot better than the QPR game.

Forget Meltdown Monday, it's like WMD Wednesday in here!

slingerz wrote: »

Coutinho played well, Can did ok when he came on thought he stood next to Gerrard a lot rather than getting into space
    Can should have replaced Gerard instead of Coutinho. He was standing next to Gerard waiting to get the ball off of him so he could try and move forward with it. I think it's abundantly clear now that this is Gerard's last season as a first choice player for Liverpool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

"There's a reason why beans are half price in the supermarket"

Jamie Redknapp

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

Rafa, Rafael,
    Rafa, Rafael,
    Rafa, Rafael,
    Rafael Benitez.

darced wrote: »
    Ah come on :eek:,what has Mario done to some of you to get this reaction?

I thought I had outlined points pretty concisely to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

K4t wrote: »
    Can should have replaced Gerard instead of Coutinho. He was standing next to Gerard waiting to get the ball off of him so he could try and move forward with it. I think it's abundantly clear now that this is Gerard's last season as a first choice player for Liverpool.
    I would have taken off Allen. He was poor tonight.

• Advertisement

MD1990 wrote: »
    I would have taken off Allen. He was poor tonight.

It should have been gerrard or Allen instead of coutinho

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement