Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Note in OP, 1/09

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Borini deal could collapse. Talk of him wanting 90k a week at QPR

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

chicorytip wrote: »
    I find some of Rodger's transfer market activity questionable.Twenty million for
    Lovren is simply staggering.Ponderous,hesitant,slow on the turn,a slightly upmarket version of Sotirios Kyrgiakos.There must be better
    alternatives to the likes of Can and Markovic and as for Lambert well,why?
    At this level of the game it really is down
    to good judgement of players which determines whether a manager succeeds
    or ultimately fails so recent developments
    at Anfield,in that regard,are not encouraging.

A poor debut post in the Soccer forum.

Oh and Borini just ****ing leave will ya!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

chicorytip wrote: »
    I find some of Rodger's transfer market activity questionable.Twenty million for
    Lovren is simply staggering.Ponderous,hesitant,slow on the turn,a slightly upmarket version of Sotirios Kyrgiakos.There must be better
    alternatives to the likes of Can and Markovic and as for Lambert well,why?
    At this level of the game it really is down
    to good judgement of players which determines whether a manager succeeds
    or ultimately fails so recent developments
    at Anfield,in that regard,are not encouraging.

Marks for effort, but your trolling really needs to be refined to have much effect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Hopefully the Borini deal collapses. He'll be useful when Sturridge inevitably gets injured and we need a pacey striker to play alongside Mario. Lambert and Balotelli couldn't possibly work together.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,952 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

martyos121 wrote: »
    Hopefully the Borini deal collapses. He'll be useful when Sturridge inevitably gets injured and we need a pacey striker to play alongside Mario. Lambert and Balotelli couldn't possibly work together.

Balotelli can play as a lone striker, Markovic or Sterling could also play off him as a second striker.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭GotTheTshirt

Hoki wrote: »
    I think TAW is a load of garbage as well . I find after listening to Football weekly , Off the Ball & Second Captains a lot of the same stuff comes up and I've had my fill after those 3 that the last thing I want to listen to is more chat on football . Time to break out the comedy/Joe Rogan podcasts at that stage.

I hear ya on that. I'd be delighted to hear of any non footie stuff as well if you or anyone else has any recommendations.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

I hear ya on that. I'd be delighted to hear of any non footie stuff as well if you or anyone else has any recommendations.

Exactly what Hoki said you should listen to The Joe Rogan Experience, its some quality listening!

Balotelli can play as a lone striker, Markovic or Sterling could also play off him as a second striker.

I just think we need to be playing the diamond as much as possible, we're as good as any team in world football when we use it correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

klose wrote: »
    Arsed with uniteds dealings tbh, arsenal not buying anybody is massive really i cant believe it.
    Welbeck is being signed.

Exactly.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Does anyone know what Borini is on with us?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Techniques07

Arsenal just said they aren't in for Welbeck I believe so no signings. Glad we got our business done early.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

tok9 wrote: »

Given the amount of money he's allegedly looking for from QPR, uppers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Can we throw Glen Johnson in as a sweetener for QPR to make the Borini deal go through.

Can we throw Glen Johnson in as a sweetener for QPR to make the Borini deal go through.

That should bring the transfer fee down to £5m for QPR. Great business on both sides.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭sweetie

I know our defence is sorted but always liked the look of Nastasic.

I've looked around and apparently he's on 30k with us.

What makes him think he'll be able to treble his wages. :eek:

Seems to be really badly advised if he thinks he'll get that.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

tok9 wrote: »

50k a week aparently

Arsenal just said they aren't in for Welbeck I believe so no signings. Glad we got our business done early.

A mistake on their part not signing anyone imo.

Saying that if Sanchez hits form and stays fit they could be ok. Injury to him and they are snookered

jonny24ie wrote: »
    50k a week aparently

If its true that hes looking for 90k to move clubs, he needs a good kick up the arse. He's achieved nothing in the game to justify asking for wages like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

Must try harder.

In the immortal words of meatloaf....

You took the words right out of my mouth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Utd doing some buisness can't understand why no centre half though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    If its true that hes looking for 90k to move clubs, he needs a good kick up the arse. He's achieved nothing in the game to justify asking for wages like that.

I'd take everything mentioned on transfer deadline day with a huge pinch of salt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Spurs away is not a 'smaller' game, I would have loved to be able to watch it.

Ah im sure you would have. We have Villa next week so you probably will give that a miss eh :)

Long time poster first time lurker, or something like that.

Is it just me or can anyone else see a bit of Steve Finnan in Moreno.

Oh, hello Fellow Liverpool Fans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Only just seeing the highlights of the Spurs game. Is it too early to get stupidly excited about Moreno?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

not yet wrote: »

More in Manquillo to be honest. Finnan was never that quick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

I took these pics of the Ballotellis howler of a miss from 30 yards when the Spurs keeper was caught way out of his box.

Ballotellis reaction is a grimace, annoyed with himself it was so far off target. Brendan Rogers instant reaction was to laugh before he began applauding Ballotelli for trying.

Sometimes pictures say it much better than words ever could. For me those pictures show everything that is good about LFC right now and demonstrate how BR wants his players to go out and express themselves. Players respond positively to managers like Rodgers and up their game. Even though some said that Ballotelli wasn't Rodgers signing I think the pics show he's excited to be working with him and intends to get the best out of him for the club.

Only just seeing the highlights of the Spurs game. Is it too early to get stupidly excited about Moreno?

Probably just because of how well Enrique started and then went to ****.

That said I can't help it myself either. He looks like a quality player.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Raif Severance

We really do see things differently in a Match.

Just had a look at The Fighting Cock (Spurs' RAWK equivalent), concerning the Match we had with them.

And most of them was slating Ade, while at the same time lauding Lamela's Efforts.

As someone who Watched the Game twice, I thought Ade was byfar Spurs' Best Player. And I thought that Lamela was Useless and Ineffective, and gave the Ball away far too many times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I only noticed Eriksen was actually playing watching it now and I watched it live the guy was totally anonymous in the game.

Just had a look at The Fighting Cock (Spurs' RAWK equivalent), concerning the Match we had with them.

And most of them was slating Ade, while at the same time lauding Lamela's Efforts.

As someone who Watched the Game twice, I thought Ade was byfar Spurs' Best Player. And I thought that Lamela was Useless and Ineffective, and gave the Ball away far too many times.

Thought Adebayor was decent as well. Looked interested anyway.

No, Not at all. Get as excited as you like, we have a world class left full on our hands.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

5live is a good laugh, phil neville just keeps digging himself into holes, and when he's in one he breaks out the shovel and keeps on going!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

not yet wrote: »
    Long time poster first time lurker, or something like that.

Oh, hello Fellow Liverpool Fans.

Personally i think He is Riise's twin

Bombing down the wing with a rocket left foot! And is partial to a howler in defence!

Twin!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Lamela was okay. Eriksen was there worst player. Im glad we didn't sign he has no pace at all.

• Advertisement

SlickRic wrote: »
    Coates officially gone on loan to Sunderland.

BwduF85IAAAZbYh.jpg:large

great deal.

I always felt Coates could've been really good for us if he'd got a decent run of 10-15 games in a row. Hope he gets this now at Sunderland, could well be useful for us in the future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,797 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

If Welbeck leaves for £18M, then Sterling must be worth £35M at least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭Speak Now

MD1990 wrote: »
    Lamela was okay. Eriksen was there worst player. Im glad we didn't sign he has no pace at all.

Oh you're so for it, the tears that were shed here for a player we were never after!!!

18 million?? More than Mario...seriously?

35M? double that again and you'd be closer to my valuation!

• Advertisement

Normally I would be cacking it over United spending money like it was Christmas and the January sales rolled into one. Somehow it doesn't bother me now. I'm pretty confident in the squad we have no matter who they sign (outside of Ronaldo, Messi, Suarez, etc).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,293 ✭✭✭✭rob316

For wellbeck? That Mario fee just looks better and better

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,797 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Borini deal to QPR off. Wages the issue. I think he did that quite deliberately.

Fair play to Utd if they get Arsenal to pay that, would cover the Falcao deal.

bbc reporting borini-QPR is off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Not too unhappy to see Borini staying. Will be useful backup if he gets any games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,293 ✭✭✭✭rob316

bbc reporting borini-QPR is off.

Ya sky just said the same.

I'd rather Borini stayed tbh in case we get unlucky with injuries.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

rarnes1 wrote: »
    I'd rather Borini stayed tbh in case we get unlucky with injuries.

We can see how it goes and if he really gets no game time there's another window in 4 months.

He won't be worth any less.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement