Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Note in OP, 1/09

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭Ardent

"There's a reason why beans are half price in the supermarket"

Jamie Redknapp

Jamie Redknapp too good for beans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Rafa, Rafael,
    Rafa, Rafael,
    Rafa, Rafael,
    Rafael Benitez.

It's going great in Italy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

darced wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

This?

https://t.co/YQMtqm33kZ

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Devilman40k

It should have been gerrard or Allen instead of coutinho

Have a feeling Coutinho and Henderson came off to save them for the weekend. Rodgers raised the white flag at that stage

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭toxicity234

Forget strikers and defenders. What we need is a midfield general. Someone that control the game, wins a tackle and follow the runner from midfield. Someone like keane or viera that make everyone else look good.
    We still have a great chance of going through.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

klose wrote: »
    It's going great in Italy

Maybe Hull then?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Real Madrid are a great team and are head and shoulders better.

Form and defence is not getting better. Something needs to be done soon but we've had these defence problems for over a season now so I dont know how BR is going to fix it. Every game BR comes out with a poor defending remark, but seems to be unable to find a solution.

How Borini cant get on the bench but Lambert can, and Markovic is getting game time when we dont have a striker on the pitch is annoying. I mean many would argue Borini isn't good enough but is Lambert? At least Borini can press effectively high up the pitch. MB and Lambert cant do it effectively.

It shows how vital that quality striker was needed last summer when I'm moaning about Borini not getting gametime. I'm not gonna slate MB as many have but he has shown nothing in his career that suggests he is going to be the prolific "2nd striker" we need.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭stampydmonkey

Fieldog wrote: »

Bulsh1t...during the wotld cup it mentioned numerous times that players regularly swap jerseys at half time so is absolutely a non story. I don't agree with it but its now a common occurrence

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

If we had an ounce of competence in defending balls into the box, we might have still been in the game at HT.

it's the difference between good teams and very good/great teams.

Real were much better than us, but our continued incompetence meant we didn't really give ourselves a chance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Bulsh1t...during the wotld cup it mentioned numerous times that players regularly swap jerseys at half time so is absolutely a non story. I don't agree with it but its now a common occurrence

I dont agree with it either - but if your 3-0 down at home, at half time - I think you should have other things on your mind, rather than waving the surrender flag....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Devilman40k

I'll remind you of what Rodgers said post Chelsea game at Stamford Bridge when Sahko and Coutinho did the same thing

“Well one, I didn’t know that, and two, thanks for telling me because I don’t like that.”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,042 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Seriously, does any grown up give even the tiniest fuck about this kind of rubbish? A dude asked him to swap, he did. No laughing or joking or giving the finger to fans. He took off the shirt and gave it to a guy who asked for it, 3 minutes before he'd have taken it off and thrown it into a laundry bin in the dressing room.

Can we actually look at this like, do people think the other Real players are all rallied by this? "We have one of their shirts - victory!" Do we think the other pool players think: "Oh no - one of our shirts is gone, we're done for!"

I doubt anyone actually involved in the game gives a toss.

noodler wrote: »
    I say again, Mario is a disease for team morale.

Second that.

Now we know why he was subbed at half-time - can you imagine Rodger's reaction at half time seeing Balotelli with Pepe's jersey and we're 3-0 down?!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭stampydmonkey

I dont agree with it either - but if your 3-0 down at home, at half time - I think you should have other things on your mind, rather than waving the surrender flag....

Its got nothing to do with winning or losing....they're just swapping jerseys. Again don't agree with it but it happens. ..no big deal. Rodgers analysis of how to fix our problems is the issue

Can you imagine Gerrard or Carragher swapping shirts in front of the fans at halftime when 3-0 down.

I really hope to fcuk he's gone January 1st, he's a disgrace. I still can't believe we signed him 2 weeks after Rodgers said he definitely wouldn't be. He seems the ultimate anti Rodgers player.

I just hope we can pick up a few more wins before Sturridge comes back.

I'd actually play with no strikers before starting Ballotelli again tbh

Ardent wrote: »
    Second that.

Now we know why he was subbed at half-time - can you imagine Rodger's reaction at half time seeing Balotelli with Pepe's jersey and we're 3-0 down?!!

I really can't tolerate this level of posting from so called supporters. I need to leave the thread before I say something I'll get in trouble for.

The treatment of Balotelli in this thread is absolutely disgusting and from some posters I would expect a lot more from. I don't know what's gone wrong with this place.

The worst thing of all is he was good tonight but some can't see it because they are so blinded by their incorrect opinion.

MB is a disease on team morale?

Based on what exactly?

NukaCola wrote: »

Based on what exactly?

Playing his best 45 in a red jersey, Im not having it. Mario out

Based on what exactly?

Based on his career to date.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Balotelli is not the problem its the bunch of ****ing windowlickers down the back. I cannot believe people actually give two ****s bout this shirt swapping thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Can you imagine Gerrard or Carragher swapping shirts in front of the fans at halftime when 3-0 down.

I really hope to fcuk he's gone January 1st, he's a disgrace. I still can't believe we signed him 2 weeks after Rodgers said he definitely wouldn't be. He seems the ultimate anti Rodgers player.

I just hope we can pick up a few more wins before Sturridge comes back.

I'd actually play with no strikers before starting Ballotelli again tbh

I think Liverpool looked more fluent without him, even taking Real easing off somewhat into account. He is un-reformable, its clear enough to see.
    I really can't tolerate this level of posting from so called supporters. I need to leave the thread before I say something I'll get in trouble for.

The treatment of Balotelli in this thread is absolutely disgusting and from some posters I would expect a lot more from. I don't know what's gone wrong with this place.

The worst thing of all is he was good tonight but some can't see it because they are so blinded by their incorrect opinion.

What's your beef, he is an awful player so far, his attitude stinks. We can't be happy clappy just because he happens to be a Liverpool player for now. Suarez, for ALL his many faults did at least do his level best for the side last season.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

brevity wrote: »
    Balotelli is not the problem its the bunch of ****ing windowlickers down the back. I cannot believe people actually give two ****s bout this shirt swapping thing.

The shirt swapping just felt like bad form being 3-0 down.

Ardent wrote: »
    Based on his career to date.

Have you proof that he is effecting team morale at LFC?

Does he need to improve? Absolutely.
    Should he have swapped jerseys at HT? Almost certainly not.
    Is he effecting people around him with a bad attitude? No evidence for this what so ever.

Try to chill out. Everyone's entitled to their opinion, including you.

Balotelli did more in 45 mins tonight than he did in all his previous games for Liverpool combined. Everyone's entitled to go through a lean spell, but he doesn't help himself by not at least putting some effort in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

For those cribbing about the shirt swapping stuff, go to 10.30 in this video, seems Sakho can't be having a better time of it at half and full time despite us losing to the team who beat us to the title last season. This kind of stuff happens every game.

And it was Pepe who asked Mario to swap, ok he could have said 'lets do it at full time' bit it's not like he sought Pepe out to ask to swap

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Vicxas wrote: »
    The shirt swapping just felt like bad form being 3-0 down.

Agreed and the game wasn't over.

Despite the defeat, I thought we played really well at times. If we could replicate that this weekend against Hull I think we'd get a win. The Count has to start this weekend. Bring back in Manquillo. Drop Balotelli for Borni or play the two together.

Is he effecting people around him with a bad attitude? No evidence for this what so ever.

I think you must be missing all those moments as various players are having a go at Balo for his play. Sterling and Hendo could both have lamped him in the last couple of games.

Someone was after the 5-0 highlights of the U18s

• Advertisement

Some supporters some of yee lads,Mario is a liverpool player and has done fcuk all disgraceful in his Liverpool career to date.

King Luis now there was a man who could do disgraceful,I'd say some of you are the guys that boo'd Lucas onto the pitch.

Aren't you the fella that was slating Lucas for years! (when Lucas was good!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Well at least now I know your argument is based on some naive support him not matter what principle.

Massive mistake his signing was, by no means the only issue this season, but one we cannot contend with, particularly when we are struggling.

I think you must be missing all those moments as various players are having a go at Balo for his play. Sterling and Hendo could both have lamped him in the last couple of games.

I cant be bothered debating this any more. If you think MB is effecting team morale because they "have a go" at him for making wrong choices on the pitch, then we must have very sensitive players in our team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Aren't you the fella that was slating Lucas for years! (when Lucas was good!)

He was never good tbh!
    I mean we will hardly look at his time as a midfield mainstay as being 'the glory years'.
    No success with him as 'the first name on the team sheet', in fact we got to 2 finals the minute he got injured!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Have you proof that he is effecting team morale at LFC?

Does he need to improve? Absolutely.
    Should he have swapped jerseys at HT? Almost certainly not.

There seems to be an issue with him and Sterling, although I don't thinks it's all down to Balotelli.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

Augmerson wrote: »
    Does it sound mad that despite being 3-0 down there are still some encouraging things about our play?

Only encouraging because Real were in cruise mode at that stage. I applaud your optimism though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

I think Balotelli has been Rodgers best signing yet, taking all the focus away from Rodgers inability to fix the embarrassing deficiencies at the back. Maybe Rodgers did learn a thing or 2 from Mourhino !

Edit : didn't mean to quote a post.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

garra wrote: »
    Only encouraging because Real were in cruise mode at that stage. I applaud your optimism though.

No, before the goals, and even after, Liverpool had some good play. It was when they stopped the pressure and closing down that they conceded. Did you watch the match?

Agreed and the game wasn't over.

Despite the defeat, I thought we played really well at times. If we could replicate that this weekend against Hull I think we'd get a win. The Count has to start this weekend. Bring back in Manquillo. Drop Balotelli for Borni or play the two together.

I said that above you, we saw something tonight that has been badly absent all season - pressing, harrying, pass and move high up the pitch. Had Studge been on the field Liverpool wouldn't have ended that game scoreless - we were just a sneeze away from a couple of goals as it was. This side is not a write off yet but until the defence is addressed its going to be under constant pressure.

No, before the goals, and even after, Liverpool had some good play. It was when they stopped the pressure and closing down that they conceded. Did you watch the match?

As a team we don't do any of the things that made us so effective last year. We did for the first 15/20.

We still got hammered but apart from the Spurs game I actually enjoyed watching us during that period.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

I said it after the qpr game on here and now again, balotelli does not seem to care. I would have dropped him for tonight's game after last Sunday and I hope at least this time Rodgers has the balls to drop him for the weekend. People saying on here he has been decent to excellent?!!! We watching the same player?? He's been average to piss poor at best, and that's being kind.
    The swapping shirt thing. You're 3-0 down, being spanked by the opposition and yer man walks into the dressing with no Liverpool Jersey on whilst carrying a Madrid shirt? I would have f*cked him out of it. I hope Rodgers and some of his teammates did!! I hate that shirt swapping at half time sh*t, and especially when you consider the context of the game. The lad will never change, it was a gamble Rodgers took and it looks to have failed.
    Oh, and can we please get another keeper? Mignolet diving in with his feet for the third goal. Chicken's way out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Balo the worst.

If you'd already decided that you don't like him then you would probably make that call.

In reality, Allen, Henderson and Gerrard were all sub par and it would've been far more productive to actually have an attacker on the pitch than literally none.

Lallana was good when he came on but we still did **** all 2nd half of note.

Absolutely.

More bull**** driven by an agenda.

It happens all the time in football. People have their stall set out and warp reality to suit their argument.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 199 ✭✭dubdamo

I hate this ****e of swapping shirts at half time , hugging each other in the tunnel at the start of games, give me Roy Keane any time with psycho disdain of the opposition , and I'm a liverpool fan before anyone slags me off for praising Keane. You don't see it in a Big rugby game and you sure as ****e don't see it in a GAA game, maybe I'm just a grumpy old man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Balotelli wasn't that bad . I would give Borini another chance Saturday. Johnson has to be dropped.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,953 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

dubdamo wrote: »
    I hate this ****e of swapping shirts at half time , hugging each other in the tunnel at the start of games, give me Roy Keane any time with psycho disdain of the opposition , and I'm a liverpool fan before anyone slags me off for praising Keane. You don't see it in a Big rugby game and you sure as ****e don't see it in a GAA game, maybe I'm just a grumpy old man.

Maybe you should just watch rugby or GAA if it bothers you so much. So the players aren't trying to kick lumps out of each other in the tunnel, who cares?

Turtyturd wrote: »
    There seems to be an issue with him and Sterling, although I don't thinks it's all down to Balotelli.

Hardly a disease though

Brendan Rodgers has just let it be known he is unhappy with "shirt-swapgate"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Balo had a couple of good moments but overall it often feels like playing with 10 on the pitch.

He is a luxury player and his moments of quality are too infrequent but ultimately (and more importantly) too ineffectual to justify his place in the team.

It looks like his mind is elsewhere at times. Look at our first goal against QPR. His lack of concentration and presence in the game is criminal. Defenders get slated for these slips. Strikers should be held just as accountable. Why is Balotelli not scoring goals? You can start here. If he was fully involved in the moment he would have scored a few by now just by being in the right place.

Not sure if I'm explaining this well but there is no "flow" about him at the moment. He's going through the motions.

I would start anyone over him at the moment. We are playing with 10 at times

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

What a load of cobblers, don't even mention Suarez and Balotelli in the same sentence. Just because Balotelli is a Liverpool player does not mean Liverpool supporters can't give their opinion about his on-field attitude and performances, I've never heard such rubbish in my life.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement