Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Note in OP, 1/09

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Looking at some of tomorrows back pages it looks like Rodgers is throwing Balotelli under the bus.

Headline in the Times is...

That's just his famous man management skills, watch him try sell Balotelli to Leeds for three fiddy in January, then Balotelli scores 31 goals in the remaining league games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

Looking at some of tomorrows back pages it looks like Rodgers is throwing Balotelli under the bus.

If that's true he's an idiot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

T-K-O wrote: »
    He's been there awhile and nothing has changed

So why hasnt he been moved on?

Bould is a trophy coach, I was under the impression this was a well known fact.

come-on-gob-arrested-development.gif

daithijjj wrote: »
    So why hasnt he been moved on?

Really?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Just read the story there on F365. Nothing story.. just pointing out that he's a long way from being where he needs to be but that he's working hard.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/arsenal/9741346/Arsenal-manager-Arsene-Wengers-relationship-with-Steve-Bould-questioned-following-defeat-at-Bradford.html

This could go on for awhile. Rice hung them up and Wenger was under pressure to fix the back 4. The same back four that require fixing every year.

One of those articles has quotes from players saying Bould has helped them alot. A player Barcelona signed.

Year later....

Your article has a quote from an ex player saying Wenger is a dictator who doesnt allow Bould to coach anymore.

Funny that.

• Advertisement

One of those articles has quotes from players saying Bould has helped them alot. A player Barcelona signed.

Year later....

Your article has a quote from an ex player saying Wenger is a dictator who doesnt allow Bould to coach anymore.

Funny that.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/arsenal/11183679/Per-Mertesacker-blames-Arsenals-attitude-in-training-for-struggles-in-Premier-League-and-Champions-League.html

Now who do you think is coaching? Bould has very little influence. He could be the best defensive coach in the world, it wouldn't matter and unless BR changes his ideas an extra coach won't do anything for us.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/arsenal/11183679/Per-Mertesacker-blames-Arsenals-attitude-in-training-for-struggles-in-Premier-League-and-Champions-League.html

Now who do you think is coaching? Bould has very little influence. He could be the best defensive coach in the world, it wouldn't matter and unless BR changes his ideas an extra coach won't do anything for us.

The point is, that when he did initially come in there are actual quotes from a player who said he helped a lot, the results showed that at the time. Months later that aspect of training seemed to be removed from Bould and Wenger took over again.

Rodgers doesnt think we need a defensive coach. From my point of view its arrogance to suggest we dont, because its plain we are a shambles. I think youd be hard pressed to find an LFC fan who doesnt think we need a shake up. Rodgers is relying on scoring more goals than conceding. And its also becoming obvious he doesnt really know how to tighten things up. We have only had 5 or 6 clean sheets in the last 27 league games.

The point is, that when he did initially come in there are actual quotes from a player who said he helped a lot, the results showed that at the time. Months later that aspect of training seemed to be removed from Bould and Wenger took over again.

Rodgers doesnt think we need a defensive coach. From my point of view its arrogance to suggest we dont, because its plain we are a shambles. I think youd be hard pressed to find an LFC fan who doesnt think we need a shake up. Rodgers is relying on scoring more goals than conceding. And its also becoming obvious he doesnt really know how to tighten things up. We have only had 5 or 6 clean sheets in the last 27 league games.

I remember the total opposite. Initially there was no impact but it got slightly better over time..... It's Arsenal, who cares.

The point is, Bould is toothless, Wenger is the boss. The same thing would happen if we employed someone like Clarke.

I agree, we need a shake up but more importantly BR needs to adjust his thinking. If BR brings someone in great, otherwise it's a waste of money.

I remember the total opposite. Initially there was no impact but it got slightly better over time..... It's Arsenal, who cares.

The point is, Bould is toothless, Wenger is the boss. The same thing would happen if we employed someone like Clarke.

I agree, we need a shake up but more importantly BR needs to adjust his thinking. If BR brings someone in great, otherwise it's a waste of money.

Well if you bothered to read the article i posted it says Arsenal were the only team in the 4 divisions to have not conceded a goal at that point in the season. When training was delegated Arsenal improved in that department.

We were much better defensively when Clark was around. If he does bring someone in it will definitely be a shift from Rodgers own stance. Getting someone other than 'yes' men around him is probably whats needed. It cant carry on like this.

Well if you bothered to read the article i posted it says Arsenal were the only team in the 4 divisions to have not conceded a goal at that point in the season. When training was delegated Arsenal improved in that department.

We were much better defensively when Clark was around. If he does bring someone in it will definitely be a shift from Rodgers own stance. Getting someone other than 'yes' men around him is probably whats needed. It cant carry on like this.

Articles say a lot of things. Bould has had no impact at Arsenal.

I believe he is capable of that shift. The pressure will only mount, somethings gotta give.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

If that's true he's an idiot.

It isn't.

As usual I've seen a load of articles with titles that are absolutely nonsense designed to lured unsuspecting fans into reading them.

Rodgers: "I think we might dip into the transfer window in January"

Newspaper headline: "BRENDAN RODGERS WRITES OFF HIS ENTIRE TEAM AND SUGGESTS THEY'RE ALL C*NTS"

We always fall for this ****, and I include myself in that too.:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Gbear wrote: »
    It isn't.

As usual I've seen a load of articles with titles that are absolutely nonsense designed to lured unsuspecting fans into reading them.

Rodgers: "I think we might dip into the transfer window in January"

Newspaper headline: "BRENDAN RODGERS WRITES OFF HIS ENTIRE TEAM AND SUGGESTS THEY'RE ALL C*NTS"

We always fall for this ****, and I include myself in that too.:o

We jump the gun far too much around here.

And im the biggest of the knee jerkers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

It's so hard to know what goes on at the training ground and how good certain coaches are. Having said that, I reckon if Colin Pascoe didn't show up for work tomorrow, nobody would notice

You were making a lot of sense there before contradicting yourself with the last sentence

• Registered Users Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

If we could even get someone in to coach them how to defend set pieces it would be something and wouldn't compromise Rodgers attacking philosophy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

If we could even get someone in to coach them how to defend set pieces it would be something and wouldn't compromise Rodgers attacking philosophy.

Head the round thing away

/coaching

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭wcarey1975

/coaching

Preferably towards one of the guys wearing the same outfit as yourself :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Rodgers says LFC dont need a defensive coach
    “It’s not a case of needing to bring in another coach, a defensive coach or anything like that,” Rodgers said.

“I wouldn’t go down that route. The bottom line is our team is based on balance and at times it’s been poor. There is a collective responsibility to defend better and that’s what we have to do.

“Our problem and the issue we have which we need to find the solution for is our lack of coaching time. Take this week, we played Wednesday night, the players physically recover on Thursday, and that leaves us with only a short period of time on the training field before we’ve got the game on Saturday.

“Over the last 18 months we have seen the developments of this team given coaching time. It’s really not rocket science.

“The introduction of all our new players and having limited coaching time has caused us issues. We need to be better.”

But Brendan Rodgers knows that his side’s current problems run much deeper than Mario Balotelli. Asked about the dangers of the Italian frontman being made a scapegoat for the club’s underwhelming form, he quipped: “Was he playing centre-half?”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭gucci

/coaching

Wo wo wo wo.........Slow down Einstein!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭Ciano35

Ughh I really hope he knows what he's doing and fixes this sooner rather than later!

We are perfectly balanced, being sh*t all over the park.

gucci wrote: »
    Wo wo wo wo.........Slow down Einstein!!

I realise it's a bit radical and cutting edge but you never know,it might catch on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Criticising Balloteli does not mean blaming him for the side's current state.

The point is that we need everyone pulling in the same direction in a (mini) crisis and he won't give you that. He will lack effort, he will give out to teammates even if the mistake is his, he will raise his hand to opposition players and risk suspension, he will be involved in distracting off the field antics, he will make the incorrect and selfish decision when in the final third etc.

Turtyturd wrote: »
    We are perfectly balanced, being sh*t all over the park l.

Incendiary posts like this lead me to believe that you are not a reformed character.

Incendiary posts like this lead me to believe that you are not a reformed character.

I need tips from other reformed posters on how to get this over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,182 ✭✭✭Sappy404

Apparently the Mirror have us linked with Abate. Free agent next summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Lfctv wont be free anymore when it relaunces

https://twitter.com/jamespearceecho/status/525581124526157824

Would want to drastically improve their content if so

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Only "free" now for SKY subscribers.
    Bigger, better LFCTV to launch 24 hours a day in HD
    Liverpool FC today announced that LFCTV will be launching a brand new HD channel, providing bigger and better content for fans 24 hours a day.

LFCTV first launched in 2007, will be upgrading and moving to a new subscription channel on Sky, available in both high and standard definition. The new-look channel will launch on Tuesday 4 November with live feeds from Spain’s capital city as the team take on Real Madrid.

As part of the improved service the channel will feature a new-look interactive studio, regular live news bulletins from Melwood training ground every day, more behind the scenes access, exclusive interviews, features and documentaries.

Match days will be like never before, with extended pre-match build up and post-match analysis with Anfield legends, extensive coverage from every European Liverpool game, full match replays of every First Team game. Fans will also get exclusive, live coverage of all U21s and U18s home fixtures as well as coverage of the Liverpool Ladies’ season.

“Over the last seven years we have built a channel that gives fans a level of insight into the inner workings of the Club. We now have the opportunity to deliver improved behind the scenes access alongside bigger and better content in high definition every hour of the day, making LFCTV the first destination for all Club related news” commented Liverpool FC’s Chief Media Officer, Matthew Baxter.

Liverpool FC fans will get a glimpse at what the new service will look like from today on the current channels (Sky Channel 429 and Virgin Media Channel 544). On Tuesday 28 October a promotional reel will launch on the Sky channel to allow for technical upgrades for high definition viewing, with the all-new channel launching on Sky on Tuesday 4 November.

Viewers will be able to watch LFC News, the weekly #LFCWORLD show and series such as the Road to Istanbul, free on LFCTV GO until Tuesday 4 November.

To pre-order LFCTV on Sky and receive a free LFC branded Sky+ HD remote control visit www.sky.com/lfctv before Tuesday 11 November 2014.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

There's usually one sniffing around,licking the windows and ready to pounce.

Game's not on tv tomorrow,is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

Is there any reformed characters? Statistics suggest that people who go to prison usually head back there soon after.

I think you can break the cycle though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

They really picked a great week to announce this. We get destroyed by Madrid & then they announce that LFCTV will now not be free.

Is there any reformed characters? Statistics suggest that people who go to prison usually head back there soon after.

I think you can break the cycle though.

That sounds like an AH statistic to me. I might not be the only one but I'll be the best one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Only "free" now for SKY subscribers.

Good to hear this. Up to now, LFCTV was pretty ****e.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

I just cannot wrap my head around what brendan rogers was thinking with a majority of the players he has brought in in the summer that made me think yes that is the type of player we needed.

Lallana: has great dribbling skills but a price at 25 million is crazy to me

Lovern: 20 million again mental for a season I felt he was alright.

Lambert: what was honestly the point of this ? If it was truly for experience you would find alot more better veteran players in italian league, just look at Leicester city purchase of cambiasso.

Balotelli: I tried to be positive but he just does not give a **** but he is not the main problem cause they all playing poor.

With the likes of can , markovic Its early days yet .

Then we move onto the players brendan brought in that simply do not cut it.

Mignolet : he is worse than reina , simply put . Even on reina worse day he is still better than mignolet.

Sakho: he is a shower of sh!t , does not help my heart when he passes the ball.
    Aspas: forgotten about quickly
    Alberto: made no impact
    Borini: tries his best but not good enough
    Allen: I do not know what people see in him honestly.

Only players that came good

Moreno, manquillo, sturridge , coutinho

In the end I do not know the reason behind the signings , why we did not go for champions league experienced /league winning experienced players than mid club / southampton players.
    I do not like the excuse of the players need to gel cause just look at southampton, new manager and half of there team from last season is gone and full of new faces yet that have made a brilliant start to the season.

I cannot see brendan rogers be given further funds with the reckless spending he has done so far. His job might be in trouble if he does not sort this **** out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

:mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭DVDM93

I just cannot wrap my head around what brendan rogers was thinking with a majority of the players he has brought in in the summer that made me think yes that is the type of player we needed.

Lambert: what was honestly the point of this ? If it was truly for experience you would find alot more better veteran players in italian league, just look at Leicester city purchase of cambiasso.

Balotelli: I tried to be positive but he just does not give a **** but he is not the main problem cause they all playing poor.

Then we move onto the players brendan brought in that simply do not cut it.

Mignolet : he is worse than reina , simply put . Even on reina worse day he is still better than mignolet.

In the end I do not know the reason behind the signings , why we did not go for champions league experienced /league winning experienced players than mid club / southampton players.
    I do not like the excuse of the players need to gel cause just look at southampton, new manager and half of there team from last season is gone and full of new faces yet that have made a brilliant start to the season.

I cannot see brendan rogers be given further funds with the reckless spending he has done so far. His job might be in trouble if he does not sort this **** out.

To be fair, them lads at Southampton at the moment are a rare exception. We should just buy all their players... oh wait...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Visible only to followers -- what's he saying?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

Visible only to followers -- what's he saying?

Sorry didn't realise.

"@SiClancy: Newspaper line of the day from @TonyBarretTimes: "If Balotelli didn't exist, it would be in the interests of Simon Mignolet to invent him"."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Hull playing their 3rd choice keeper tomorrow, guaranteed worldy of a performance so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

expensive, but he improves the first team.

he was good before he arrived at Southampton. in fact, this is the first season where he looks dodgy.

Cambiasso hasn't set the world alight tbf.

and it's tough on Lambert. he was bought as our "option B". i don't believe Balotelli was in our plans until he became both relatively cheap, and possibly the only option the powers that be saw as available. i believe we wanted a mobile striker rather than Balotelli to compliment Sturridge/Sterling, and to replace Sturridge if he were to be injured.

Lambert became the odd man out, but also, when given the chance, he has looked petrified.

as you say, not the main problem, but he's not what we needed in a striker.

squad players.

Reina was bad for 18 months, but I agree in terms of Mignolet not being good enough for any team wanting to challenge.

same problem as Lovren. he was universally good before he arrived. what do we think the problem is?

squad players used to bulk up last year's squad.

while he hasn't set the world alight, he's our best recycler of the ball, and does play with some intensity. not a hit, but not quite a failure either.

we can't say that he's "come good" just because he scored one wonder goal against Spurs.

the biggest problem with the last transfer window was we didn't go for the jugular in the transfer market. we tried to play it safe, rely on the players we had to get better, and try to supplement them with players who might improve.

Rodgers said we had to get 1st team players in. he didn't do that effectively. Lovren and Lallana were the only signings that would go into the 1st team straight away, and Lallana was debatable for most tbh, considering Coutinho's form last season.

gelling is an issue with lots of new players, but it doesn't explain our biggest problem, which has been around for 2 years now. we can't defend balls into our penalty area.

he won't be given many more funds in January IMO, but his job won't be in trouble unless we truly plummet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

klose wrote: »
    Hull playing their 3rd choice keeper tomorrow, guaranteed worldy of a performance so.

An absolute blinder!

Rodgers saying we don't need a defensive coach.

Shocker that!

He'd never admit defeat like that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Rodgers saying we don't need a defensive coach.

Shocker that!

He'd never admit defeat like that

the most worrying thing was that he simply called it a collective issue.

while defending is done as a team, our biggest problem must be staring at him in the face. his defenders aren't defending balls that are coming into their own box. sort that out, and you'll solve half the problem.

Hull could play Steve Bruce in goal and wouldn't have to worry given how bad our attack has been.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭kevohmsford

Hull could play Steve Bruce in goal and wouldn't have to worry given how bad our attack has been.

We might get to straighten his nose.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement