Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Note in OP, 1/09

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,067 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

WHAT no signing rodgers out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Great that we can sit back and enjoy a deadline day for a change, knowing that we've done all our business early, and effectively. No Meltdown Monday for us today!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Happy so see suso stay in any case, fairly indifferent towards borini, doubt hell play much if at all but thats his decision to stunt his development at his age.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

Irrespective of whether Borini stays or goes, I'm delighted Rodgers was willing to let him go.

It shows that irrespective of him being one of his signings, and a big one at that, he's not to stubborn to see that it's not going to work, or unlikely to

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

This time two years ago Ian Ayre was leaving Melwood on his Harley after pulling plug on the Dempsey deal.

Some progress since.

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭NoelJ

djPSB wrote: »
    This time two years ago Ian Ayre was leaving Melwood on his Harley after pulling plug on the Dempsey deal.

Some progress since.

I know it's probably better to get the deals done earlier but still hoping out for a last minute unreal signing

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭The Letheram

Gbear wrote: »
    We can see how it goes and if he really gets no game time there's another window in 4 months.

He won't be worth any less.

Agree 100%. By January teams in trouble with possible relegation will be mad for a player like Borini who brings a great attitude and the possibility of half a dozen or more goals along with his workrate.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

klose wrote: »
    Happy so see suso stay in any case, fairly indifferent towards borini, doubt hell play much if at all but thats his decision to stunt his development at his age.

Last year of Suso's deal now though, so he'll be free to agree a deal with a Spanish club (non English anyhow) from January unless he signs a new deal. I think he's sticking around for the free agent bonanza soon.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Let's hope that Borini does a Henderson now.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I'm going to put it out there, I think we should try for Negredo in the next few hours.
    Weakens a rival, and we get a quality finisher. He's available apparently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Jim White really is unbearable isnt he?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,797 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

5starpool wrote: »
    Last year of Suso's deal now though, so he'll be free to agree a deal with a Spanish club (non English anyhow) from January unless he signs a new deal. I think he's sticking around for the free agent bonanza soon.
    Yep, Suso won't even get near the bench with Markovic, Borini, Lambert, Lallana and Coutinho ahead of him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Robbed from Twitter as im not this witty :)
    Fabio Borini's summer transfer negotiations with Brendan Rodgers :
    BweI3c6CMAAcG64.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Slattsy wrote: »
    Robbed from Twitter as im not this witty :)
    Fabio Borini's summer transfer negotiations with Brendan Rodgers :
    BweI3c6CMAAcG64.png

Ah i dont blame him, he doesnt want to languish in the doldrums of bottom table.

Im hoping he does pull a hendo, remember how close he came to the door.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭osnola ibax

He doesn't have the same potential as Henderson. I remember really scratching my head at the thought of leaving Henderson go, you could tell he was going to be a horse of a player.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭jcsoulinger

Vicxas wrote: »
    Ah i dont blame him, he doesnt want to languish in the doldrums of bottom table.

Im hoping he does pull a hendo, remember how close he came to the door.

the difference being hendo didn't have the competition borini has, his chances will be very limited.

He doesn't have the same potential as Henderson. I remember really scratching my head at the thought of leaving Henderson go, you could tell he was going to be a horse of a player.

Always knew Hendo was going to turn into a great player, and that he did. A Liverpool team without Henderson is almost unthinkable at this stage, and few would have imagined that 2 years ago.

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    I'm going to put it out there, I think we should try for Negredo in the next few hours.
    Weakens a rival, and we get a quality finisher. He's available apparently.

Negredo is out until November injured and City probably would sell him to us anyhow. Even if they would, we wouldn't go after him anyhow I'd say.

Just seen that Gaston Ramirez has signed on loan for Hull. It's a shame we let him get away, he fits out transfer strategy perfectly; young, talented, plays for Southampton.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

Danny Welbeck to Arsenal - £16M

Mario Balotelli to Liverpool - £16M

https://t.co/HQihIdlgzk

• Advertisement

Jim White really is unbearable isnt he?

The view of his crotch on the couch just there was unbearable

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭dobsdave

Pity it wasnt natalie in the same pose:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Kess73 wrote: »
    Going by what is being said on a few other sites, a few of the Spurs supporters sitting behind where Rodgers was standing were having some banter with him during the game, and were ribbing him after the misses.

There is meant to be some footage taken by one of the supporters behind Rodgers of the banter going on after the Sterling miss. Would suggest that Rodgers was smiling at whatever banter/sarky comments were flying around behind him, rather than laughing at his own players.

To be clear, I wasn't for a second suggesting he is laughing at his own players.

Either way, it shouldn't be misconstrued as a negative against him or his man management skills.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Sky got rid of Tyler and Gray for sexism etc,

They advertise Jim White's segment with him looking like a pimp

https://vine.co/v/OBtU0E5JhXu

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

joe123 wrote: »
    Funny, I remember having these discussions with you before and you actually stated you don't watch our smaller games.

Im sure you will watch whenever our next defeat is though.

Seriously dude.

Expecting Reus to be announced as a Liverpool player at 10:59 PM. Surely it has to happen...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

5starpool wrote: »
    Negredo is out until November injured and City probably would sell him to us anyhow. Even if they would, we wouldn't go after him anyhow I'd say.

And certainly not with Borini staying. If thats our choice I'd rather keep Borini, who knows how much game time may come his way due to fixture list congestion & inevitable injuries. He's a trier, you have to give him that, one more crack o the whip lad :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

Why were you looking there? Whatever floats your boat I suppose. ;)

Welbeck to Arsenal for £16M really smacks of desperation.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

On Welbecks part? I agree.

• Advertisement

Defoe is at QPR, good signing.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Interesting to see if he can make the step up to a champs league team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,538 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

JA riise signs for apoel

Into the champs league from the fulham bench

Giroud is crocked until Christmas and Sanogoal looks woefully short of the mark. Arsenal are placing their Champions League and top 4 hopes in a United reject who has questionable decision making, questionable finishing and whose confidence is totally shot.

With the team we have and the way we can play, and also considering the ridiculous amount of talent that United have brought in, I think Arsenal look incredibly vulnerable this season. If they get their regular slew of injuries then we could see them finish 6th or 7th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

martyos121 wrote: »
    Just seen that Gaston Ramirez has signed on loan for Hull. It's a shame we let him get away, he fits out transfer strategy perfectly; young, talented, plays for Southampton.

Has shown feck all talent since he went to southampton
    Cousin of mine is a southampton season ticket holder said the chaps a disgrace his effort is non existent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

You can throw all the money you want at a team but you can't put a price on the team spirit that's Rodgers seems to have installed in liverpool.

BBC breaking news - Assaidi to Stoke back on.

Please make it so.

niallo27 wrote: »
    You can throw all the money you want at a team but you can't put a price on the team spirit that's Rodgers seems to have installed in liverpool.

This,

Id rather a cohesive squad more than a team full of lone wolves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Giroud is crocked until Christmas and Sanogoal looks woefully short of the mark. Arsenal are placing their Champions League and top 4 hopes in a United reject who has questionable decision making, questionable finishing and whose confidence is totally shot.

With the team we have and the way we can play, and also considering the ridiculous amount of talent that United have brought in, I think Arsenal look incredibly vulnerable this season. If they get their regular slew of injuries then we could see them finish 6th or 7th.

They are buying a striker that scored two goals in a league winning side. He is way off the level needed.

• Advertisement

I couldn't give less of a fúck about this deadline day, tbh. My main interest in it I guess is that tomorrow there will be no more of this speculation crap for a while.

Has shown feck all talent since he went to southampton
    Cousin of mine is a southampton season ticket holder said the chaps a disgrace his effort is non existent
    I wouldn't go near Gaston Ramirez, don't think he would fit in at all.

Ben Arfa on a season long loan would have been a decent option too, I think. Don't think he's good enough, but he'd be a better squad player than Aspas/Assaidi/Moses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

BBC breaking news - Assaidi to Stoke back on.

Please make it so.

Loan only isn't it? £1 million for the year. Another greedy git whose wage demands scuppered a permanent move.

mosstin wrote: »
    Loan only isn't it? £1 million for the year. Another greedy git whose wage demands scuppered a permanent move.

Forgot he even played for us :(

Poor lad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭kevohmsford

I am just glad we have all our incoming transfer business completed. No need now for panic buys.

Vicxas wrote: »
    Forgot he even played for us :(

Poor lad.

I wish him well.

• Advertisement

Looks like it's only on loan.

Our listed of loaned players is ridiculous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

Arsenal are placing their Champions League and top 4 hopes in a United reject who has questionable decision making, questionable finishing and whose confidence is totally shot.

He's 23, has played a lot of the time wide left and is costing £2m more than the fee Sunderland were willing to pay us for Borini or £4m more than Southampton paid for Shane Long. He's tall, quick, had loads of CL and international experience and has plenty of development potential if Wegner works his magic on him, plays him central and gives him a run of games.

I don't think he's a nailed on solution for Arsenal but they could do a lot worse and if he doesn't settle they'll get £10m for him in a couple of years from a mid table or newly promoted team when he's 25.

It's quite a smart signing in my opinion, no real downside.

Not to self: Mark this post for "I told you so" purposes in a few months time 😉

Ben

I wish them all well

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Hidalgo

According to the Arsenal thread, an old flame from here in Toby Alderweirld (sp) is going to Southampton.

Assume its a stepping stone before moves to Liverpool next summer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Nothing compared to Chelsea who have 22 players on loan.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement