Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Note in OP, 1/09

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

ebbsy wrote: »
    Real Madrid: Casillas; Carvajal, Pepe, Ramos, Marcelo; Kroos, Modric, Isco; Rodriguez, Ronaldo; Benzema.
    Barcelona: Bravo; Mathieu, Pique, Mascherano, Alves; Busquets, Xavi, Iniesta; Neymar, Messi, Suarez.

Would make ye sit back and laugh ( or cry )

Especially when you factor in we lost Moses also

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭pmy.murphy

NukaCola wrote: »
    You are completely clueless. Dont respond to this post. I have no interest in debating on wether Markovic "has it or not" with someone who has seen **** all of him play.

You are obviously blind if youre going to state that what hes done so far hasnt been poot. I have seen probably all of the games he has played and he has offered nothing. To be fair he was pretty decent against City on his debut but faded out of the game in the end but other for that he has offered nothing. His first touch may I state again has been awful, when hes on the ball he gives it away and seems clueless at what to do with it. Hes all pace from what hes shown so far.

That being said I do hope he proves me wrong and am not slating him but for a 20 million player he should be at least offering more than what he has been even if it isnt his best

T-K-O wrote: »
    Some of the best players in the Epl took at least 12 months to settle. He hasn't played enough games for the above to be true.

Hence why I said "Thus Far".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

Now lets see what happens!!

pmy.murphy wrote: »
    You are obviously blind if youre going to state that what hes done so far hasnt been poot. I have seen probably all of the games he has played and he has offered nothing. To be fair he was pretty decent against City on his debut but faded out of the game in the end but other for that he has offered nothing. His first touch may I state again has been awful, when hes on the ball he gives it away and seems clueless at what to do with it. Hes all pace from what hes shown so far.

That being said I do hope he proves me wrong and am not slating him but for a 20 million player he should be at least offering more than what he has been even if it isnt his best

As I said, he needs time. You have seen enough to write him off. Your not slating him but called him dog****e?

I'm not saying I've seen him play a whole at Benfica, but in your post above you said he was nominated for the European golden boy award. Liverpool scouts have also deemed he good enough to sign him. Your opinion is based on too little information.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Especially when you factor in we lost Moses also

He was lost long before getting to Liverpool, the f*cking cheat.

Madrid v Barca should be a good game. The best player ever, the best player to play in the premier league and 'Ronnie' all on the same pitch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

pmy.murphy wrote: »
    Hence why I said "Thus Far".

You either have it or you don't. Those are your words.

To be fair...you don't have it until you have it.

As I said, he needs time. You have seen enough to write him off. Your not slating him but called him dog****e?

I'm not saying I've seen him play a whole at Benfica, but in your post above you said he was nominated for the European golden boy award. Liverpool scouts have also deemed he good enough to sign him. Your opinion is based on too little information.

Ok maybe that was a bit harsh. I suppose Im just a little frustrated at how little he has shown so far considering his price tag.

Yes indeed, he was nominated based on his Benfica performances, he was one of many nominees, Id say there was probably about 40 of them at a rough guess, saw the list there yesterday. Ok I didnt see much of him for Benfica either but as you have said its a new league. Big difference between the Portuguese League and the Premier League in Quality and Physicality but I guess the scouts reckoned he had the potential to be good enough and thats why he was signed. These things dont always work out but I hope he does prove to be a success though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭wcarey1975

Turtyturd wrote: »
    To be fair...you don't have it until you have it.

And also you don't know you haven't got it until you had it and then lose it and try to use it....

• Advertisement

wcarey1975 wrote: »
    And also you don't know you haven't got it until you had it and then lose it and try to use it....

And then there's always someone changing what it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭wcarey1975

And then there's always someone changing what it is.

Straight away made me think of this quote from the simpsons.

I used to be with it, but then they changed what *it* was. Now what I'm with isn't *it*, and what's *it* seems weird and scary to me. It'll happen to you...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭joseph brand

Maybe the CL match has affected us a little. So many bad passes and missed attempts to simply connect with the ball.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭kevohmsford

10 mins to go. It's looking like a 0-0.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Devilman40k

Henderson getting booked for a dive.

Good. More players that get booked for it the better

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭Talisman

Maybe the CL match has affected us a little. So many bad passes and missed attempts to simply connect with the ball.
    10 mins to go. It's looking like a 0-0.

There's a match thread around here I'm sure.

Talisman wrote: »
    There's a match thread around here I'm sure.

Posting in there is slumming it though, and not for true fans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Ffs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Baloltelli

• Advertisement

Only got to see the second have. Poor result. Coutinho and Lambert do well when they came on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Poor result.

Rodgers continues to persist with 1 up front & it costs us. No surprise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

Accentuate the Positive ,finally a clean sheet ,disappointing to go another 90 mins at home with out a goal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Rodgers should have learned today that Balotelli is 10 times the player when there's a striker with him, and Coutinho must start.

Can someone post 'The Rodgers' post match interview, I need to know if we are still on trick or not to determine my reaction to that well earned point against the might Hull/steaming pile of sh*t.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

What is Rodgers playing at? If he tries to sign Paul Konchiesky in January, I'm going to start following cricket or something.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

fair play to rodgers for realising balotelli needs a striking partner. only took him like 7 games!

coutinho and lambert did well. lambert made me eat my own words

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Coutinho is finally finding form but doesn't start....

Opportunities are slipping by. We should be beating Hull at home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Pilsbury Doughboy

Posting in there is slumming it though, and not for true fans.

Posting drivel in here is the same thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭mav79

Couthino is the only player we have at the moment that makes opposition players look slow and clumsy, why he isn't one of the first names on the team-sheet is crazy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Missed a great chance to make up some ground given the results and fixtures this weekend. Can't put Hull away at home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

We're below Arsenal in the table now.
    We really have hit rock bottom.

To be fair, Lambert played well too when he came on. I think him along with Coutinho should be in from the start the next day

Did BR bang his head or something. I refuse to believe that the man who seemed tactically astute and flexible has turned into this stubborn copy trying to emulate himself from last season.

Its no surprise we were miles better when Coutinho and Lambert came on. Mario cant play on his own up top and the first half was just awful pedestrian football.

Overall unlucky not to take all 3 points but I think we didn't do enough up top. The teams that get into top four grind out wins in these situations. The excuse of early season settling in is starting to wear thin now and I think we are all counting the days until Sturridge is back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

We looked a different team after the changes, but Christ almighty, the Anfield cat would have told you that starting with one up front was not going to work, considering it has never even looked like working in multiple attempts.

I think we would have won comfortably had we started like that. Honestly, Rodgers, considering that he's clearly intelligent, is really starting to look a bit thick with this continuation of Balotelli up front, alone.

And on that note, Balotelli looked much more of a player with Lambert beside him.

Rodgers needs to get his sh*t together.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,294 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Suarez with the assist :( miss that guy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

Positives: Second half we looked much much MUCH better. Clean Sheet. Hopefully Rodgers will see now that playing two up front is the only way forward especially while Sturridge is out.

Negatives: First half. Dropped 2 points. Sticking with Balotelli up front on his own does not work.

In here we will have the knee jerking and the bipping and the bopping and the utter ****e posted. Its why I avoid this place anymore. See you next week!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

My streams were so awful I just gave up in the end. Sounds like I missed a cracker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,953 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

What's that now, 80+ corners without a goal?

I'm looking forward to see Sturridge and Mario play. I'm hoping they can form a good partnership. Even if they do I would hope we'd try hard for a quality striker in Jan. We need one badly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭p38

Clean sheet :) Points dropped at home:mad:

Even madder now that i look at the league table we dropped 40 odd million to Southampton and they are flying high. Just a thought maybe we should sell 4 or 5 players in January good things happen when you dismantle your team right:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,929 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

joe123 wrote: »
    Positives: Second half we looked much much MUCH better. Clean Sheet. Hopefully Rodgers will see now that playing two up front is the only way forward especially while Sturridge is out.

Negatives: First half. Dropped 2 points. Sticking with Balotelli up front on his own does not work.

In here we will have the knee jerking and the bipping and the bopping and the utter ****e posted. Its why I avoid this place anymore. See you next week!

There is nothing knee jerking about it though plenty including myself have been saying for weeks we need to play two up front and that Balotelli needs someone to play off.

He gets slaughtered for this that and the other but the manager hasn't been playing to his strenghts.

The knee jerk reactions are because we can all see this but the manager for some reason or another cannot see it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Pilsbury Doughboy

My stream was ok but at the very end was that a sitter Balotelli missed or what, wasn't very clear and no replay, anyone get a good look at it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

Balotelli is a joke

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,953 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Doesn't matter how many players are playing up top, Balotelli's finishing has been dire.

I'm looking forward to see Sturridge and Mario play. I'm hoping they can form a good partnership. Even if they do I would hope we'd try hard for a quality striker in Jan. We need one badly.

I agree we need a top quality alternative in the case of a meltdown like we've had over the last few weeks. Who do you suggest? Id like to see Pedro from Barca or if were going to go with someone cheap and proven, id go with Huntelaar from Schalke

My stream was ok but at the very end was that a sitter Balotelli missed or what, wasn't very clear and no replay, anyone get a good look at it?

My first reaction was it was a great save but didn't see a replay either so I would be interested to hear from anyone who got a good look at it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

pudzey101 wrote: »
    Balotelli is a joke

How?

He was played on his own up top, played much better when given support.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Balotelli is a joke

Bit unfair on a player who has been seemingly hung out to dry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭Ciano35

Balotelli is a joke

MZbOdvt.png

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement