Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Note in OP, 1/09

Comments

zerks wrote: »
    They drew aswell this weekend.

I know, I'm celebrating since 5pm yesterday!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,929 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I think its time to bring back the Panda's, Jinx's, reverse Jinx's and Saps to get the season back on track!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,041 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Y'know what, Chelsea are already so far out of sight, that we might actually have a shot at getting Cech off them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Y'know what, Chelsea are already so far out of sight, that we might actually have a shot at getting Cech off them.

Was thinking the same thing the other day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

It will be interesting to see the starting XI against Swansea.

Will Brendan Rodgers put out a youthful side?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

mikeym wrote: »

Strong enough side I'd imagine, in the last 16 so might aswell go for it. Rossiter and Williams weren't involved for the u21s today so maybe they will get a chance again?

Full strength I hope. A win is badly needed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,670 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

It'll be the exact same he puts out every week!

Save for maybe Johnson on one of the wings, or Hendo in for Allen but beyond that - Lovern/Skrtel at the back, Grrard Can and Allen/Hendo in the middle, Sterling and Lallana either side of Ballotelli up front.

If this was fantasy Rodgers, anything less than 9 out of 11 would be poor.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

I personally think Sterling is wasted out wide tbh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Worse this place is getting.

Any Liverpool news?

Yeah we are playing poxy but still ahead of Utd, Everton and Spurs. Gas times.

I'd like to see our back 4 stay the same as much as possible, if they could start to build a few clean sheets we might see a bit of confidence creep in.

Otherwise, would LOVE to see a midfield of Allen, Henderson and Lallana. Just to see how it'd work. Can getting 30 minutes at the end.

Would like Markovic to get a bit of game time up front, off Balotelli, with Coutinho in behind.

Keep Sterling as backup.

<Edit> Actually, I'd like to see Lambert up with Markovic - think lambert would do a better job of bringing Markovic and Coutinho into play. Ideally get into the lead and bring on Balotelli to hunt for a goal.

Yeah we are playing poxy but still ahead of Utd, Everton and Spurs. Gas times.

Best league in the world!

Lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Gerrard better not play

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

After being away for the weekend, finally got around to watching the highlights.

You can never tell much from them but we looked a little unlucky not to get the 3 points.

Again, it just seems to show that we're better with 2 men up front. Also it's great to see Coutinho build a bit of form.

Hopefully we'll see a lot of changes for the league cup match and 2 strikers on the pitch (Borini and Lambert hopefully)

Mr Alan wrote: »
    Gerrard better not play

Same, i'll be livid if we don't use this game to at least try an alternative midfield.

Also, to be honest, I'd fear for us with Swansea's quick interplay around the final third. Could see them leaving Gerrard looking flat footed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

I think the Swansea game is the perfect time to throw Lloyd Jones in and see what he's made of. He really couldn't do any worse than Lovren has this season, and a bit more competition might improve our back line.
    On the other hand, there's Kolo Toure......

martyos121 wrote: »
    I think the Swansea game is the perfect time to throw Lloyd Jones in and see what he's made of. He really couldn't do any worse than Lovren has this season, and a bit more competition might improve our back line.
    On the other hand, there's Kolo Toure......

I dunno...think that would be asking for trouble. If it was against 3rd or 4th tier opposition maybe, but Swansea have a bit too much quality for a move like that.

Changing our back line after a clean sheet in general i think is a bad idea to be honest. We should be trying to build on that rather than risk a kid.

This is gonna be a tough game - imo any experimentation with youth should be kept for the attacking portion of the field.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Mr Alan wrote: »
    Gerrard better not play

I'm guessing Henderson was rested yesterday as he'll be leading the team out on Tuesday as captain.

Borini and Balotelli need to start up front I think.

It won't happen though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Id like to keep the same back 4, try get another clean sheet to build a bit of confidence, id also like rossiter to start as well as borini

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Id like to keep the same back 4, try get another clean sheet to build a bit of confidence, id also like rossiter to start as well as borini

See, that would make sense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

God lads this isn't hard

Mig
    Manq--Skrtel--Lovren--Moreno
    Can
    Hendo--Allen
    Coutinho
    Lambert--Balo

Jones, Johnson, Kolo, Rossiter, Lallana, Markovic, Borini

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

God lads this isn't hard

Mig
    Can
    Hendo--Allen
    Coutinho
    Lambert--Balo

Sorry, all I'm seeing is Manq Mig! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,670 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

God lads this isn't hard

Mig
    Can
    Hendo--Allen
    Coutinho
    Lambert--Balo

Ya see; I know that, you know that, the cat knows that, but it'll still be Gerard in midfield and Balo on his own.

We may see some variety on the bench though.

Prediction? Pealty shootout, but after that all bets are off.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

8-10 wrote: »
    I'm guessing Henderson was rested yesterday as he'll be leading the team out on Tuesday as captain.

you'd hope that was not the basis of our selection for an important league game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

you'd hope that was not the basis of our selection for an important league game

I figure both Henderson and Gerrard have been playing most games so rest both, 1 in the cup and 1 in the league. I'm in the minority here in thinking that Gerrard has been one of our best midfielders this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

I honestly think that Gerrard will start the game on the bench against Swansea. Henderson being a sub on Saturday suggests that's what will happen.

Rodgers simply has to go with two up front. I'll throw my hat at it if he doesn't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

This is another game not being shown on tv and streams will be scarce even if there are any.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Super-Rush wrote: »
    This is another game not being shown on tv and streams will be scarce even if there are any.

Its not on Sky?

How odd....

Pretty sure it's on beIN Sports anyway, so streams should be easy to come by.

• Advertisement

Suarez has mentioned the Evra incident in his latest book I see. May well stir up the debate again between them. I'm guessing Evra wouldn't have a case if it went to court but I remember saying that at the time.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/oct/26/luis-suarez-am-i-a-racist-no-absolutely-not-i-was-horrified

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Suarez has mentioned the Evra incident in his latest book I see. May well stir up the debate again between them. I'm guessing Evra wouldn't have a case if it went to court but I remember saying that at the time.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/oct/26/luis-suarez-am-i-a-racist-no-absolutely-not-i-was-horrified

Lovely. As if the United Liverpool crap can get much worse here.

Think that it might be wise for me to take even more of a break from boards than I was previously doing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Knex. wrote: »

Think that it might be wise for me to take even more of a break from boards than I was previously doing.

Agreed. Where you been anyway? Are you in America now?

Knex. wrote: »

Yeah, it'll bring up debate again but am both players have moved on it'll be pretty subdued I'd imagine

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

https://twitter.com/skysportsnewshq/status/526646223911272448

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Seriously Chelsea, what the fcuk are they doing hiring this dose?

Yeah, it'll bring up debate again but am both players have moved on it'll be pretty subdued I'd imagine

Don't know about that...subdued doesn't really happen around here :D

https://twitter.com/skysportsnewshq/status/526646223911272448

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Seriously Chelsea, what the fcuk are they doing hiring this dose?

Saw that earlier...can't believe he's still getting work.

Spurs fans despise him,Liverpool fans despise him and in a couple of years Chelsea fans will despise him.

Saw that earlier...can't believe he's still getting work.

Spurs fans despise him,Liverpool fans despise him and in a couple of years Chelsea fans will despise him.

Spurs? Was that not Camoli?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

You say Camoli, I say Purslow

• Advertisement

T-K-O wrote: »
    You say Camoli, I say Purslow

I raise you G&H.

Yep,you're spot on...I don't even have the excuse of being on the beer yesterday...I'm just a dozy hoor this morning :o

Yep,you're spot on...I don't even have the excuse of being on the beer yesterday...I'm just a dozy hoor this morning :o

Tbf, they'd be lumped in the general same area anyway. Iirc Purslow was depicted as a 20ft penis during a demonstration by fans!

Where'd Fescue go? That was a flying visit.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Forbidden zoned?

Augmerson wrote: »
    Forbidden zoned?

Nope. Closed account.

• Advertisement

Where'd Fescue go? That was a flying visit.

Sakho took him out. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

Sakho took him out. :p

Balotelli was supposed to do it but he missed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Fescue gone? That's a pity, liked that poster more so than ye guys.

Forum is gone to crap th last few months.

Maybe stop playing him on his own up front or maybe that's the plan play him on his own for a while and then when you do play him with someone take the credit for transforming the player.
    BRENDAN RODGERS is convinced he can help transform Mario Balotelli into a success at Liverpool.

Balotelli is still awaiting a first Premier League goal for his new club after a frustrating afternoon during the goalless draw against Hull City at Anfield on Saturday.

The Italian missed a late chance to win the match but improved greatly on his poor performance in the defeat to Real Madrid in midweek.

And Reds boss Rodgers said: “You are never too old to learn.

“They key is if you want to learn. And I think Mario does.

“He is getting the support. That’s what happens when you come to this club. You don’t have any excuses.

“The people here, the supporters, the players, the staff. They will back every (new) player.

The environment here that has been created is so there are no egos. They just want to improve and do their work. Mario will get that support.”

Except the managers & the captians & some of the players.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-fc-brendan-rodgers-insists-8001369

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

'The key is if you want to learn. And I think Mario does.'

Such passive aggressive rubbish.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement