Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Note in OP, 1/09

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Worse this place is getting.

Any Liverpool news?

Rarnes is Yoda too?

Rarnes is everyone, everyone is Rarnes...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

Every Manager in the league has an ego.

Its horrible to see so much vitriol posted on here towards our manager. A man who brought us to the cusp of a title last year.

No one is above criticism, but it is obvious some people on here don't even realise how petty some of the points they raise are which they use as a beating stick.

"Passive aggressive rubbish" :rolleyes:

Rafa got the same thing. God football fans can be annoying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

I personally think Sterling is wasted out wide tbh

Has anyone got any stats on how often Sterling loses possession?

He seems to be over running the ball quite a bit in recent matches.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Has anyone got any stats on how often Sterling loses possession?

He seems to be over running the ball quite a bit in recent matches.

Don't know how often he does it but it has led directly to us conceding on at least 2 occasions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

joe123 wrote: »
    Every Manager in the league has an ego.

Its horrible to see so much vitriol posted on here towards our manager. A man who brought us to the cusp of a title last year.

The man who did that is sitting in Barcelona right now.

I take your point Joe, but no manager is above criticism. Rodgers is getting some because he deserves it. When the team stop playing poorly, he will get the plaudits.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Looks like it's gone tits up for Sami at Brighton.

No win in 10 for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Turtyturd wrote: »
    'The key is if you want to learn. And I think Mario does.'

Such passive aggressive rubbish.
    I think Balotelli's work rate & general play apart from QPR where he lost his head imo have been pretty good. Once Balotelli gets a goal I still think he can be a very good player for us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Gbear wrote: »
    Looks like it's gone tits up for Sami at Brighton.

No win in 10 for them.

The owners kinda pulled the rug from under him with several important sales (Ulloa, Barnes, Buckley, Bridcutt) and little coming in , no decent strikers basically. I never get why the owners sink great money in the ground, etc and then sell the best assets on the pitch with the first decent offer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

Tuesday 11th Nov is next day for Member's Ticket sales fyi, must remember to get up early that day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

garra wrote: »
    Tuesday 11th Nov is next day for Member's Ticket sales fyi, must remember to get up early that day

Cheers for that. Though the Summer sales were torture. Both days queuing from the off and got nothing.

Managed to get a ticket for the Everton game in the end through a supporters club which was good.

Anyone know any techniques of navigating the website to improve chances of getting tickets?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

garra wrote: »

It's Tuesday for those with 14+ games on their cards

Thursday for the rest of us

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

aaronh007 wrote: »
    Rarnes is Yoda too?

Rarnes is everyone, everyone is Rarnes...

Everybody Rarnes is, mmmm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

joe123 wrote: »
    Cheers for that. Though the Summer sales were torture. Both days queuing from the off and got nothing.

Managed to get a ticket for the Everton game in the end through a supporters club which was good.

Anyone know any techniques of navigating the website to improve chances of getting tickets?

Had similar poor luck last time out and torture is putting it mildly.

I heard of one report from someone on here who tried to click the "buy tickets" link for a match a good hour before it was due to open and it let him in. He kept the browser window open and "hey presto" was able to purchase tickets as soon as they went on sale.. In other words you need to be lucky.. You can try multiple browsers and using the landline phone number also to increase chances.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,039 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

https://twitter.com/skysportsnewshq/status/526646223911272448

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Seriously Chelsea, what the fcuk are they doing hiring this dose?

He's clearly a pretty rubbish guy, but kept away from the football side of things he might do a good job. It was Liverpool's mistake to make him managing director, giving him control of things he hadn't a notion of, and frankly allowing him to become a bit of a megalomaniac.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,929 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Sakho re injured his thigh and out for another few weeks. :(

On phone so can't link.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Meh. Who cares. I'm following AFC Flyde for the rest of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

The skrtel-lovren axis of doom shall continue for a few more weeks so, yay.

Sakho re injured his thigh and out for another few weeks. :(

On phone so can't link.

I blame Hodgson

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭mav79

Have that bad feeling that Sakho is going to be like Agger. Talented defender but these constant niggly injuries could stop him cementing his place at the club.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

mav79 wrote: »
    Have that bad feeling that Sakho is going to be like Agger. Talented defender but these constant niggly injuries could stop him cementing his place at the club.

His complete & utter ****eness since joining the club may have something to do with him not cementing his place also

Like 90% of the signings in the last 4/5 seasons.

Do you think Lovren and Skrtel are better defenders?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Mr Alan wrote: »
    His complete & utter ****eness since joining the club may have something to do with him not cementing his place also

He's no worse than any of the other centre backs. They're all as accident prone as each other.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Fescue gone? That's a pity, liked that poster more so than ye guys.

Forum is gone to crap th last few months.

There's a ****ing load of lads gone lately :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

He's no worse than any of the other centre backs. They're all as accident prone as each other.

I'd argue he's worse than Skrtel & on the basis of Lovren & Skrtel both have demonstrated they can perform at a high level in the PL, they'd be my first choice pairing.

But my point was more to pull someone up on implying injuries are what may be holding Sakho back.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

I'd argue he's worse than Skrtel & on the basis of Lovren & Skrtel both have demonstrated they can perform at a high level in the PL, they'd be my first choice pairing.

But my point was more to pull someone up on implying injuries are what may be holding Sakho back.

I'm no fan of Skrtel but he's the best of a bad lot atm. Lovren has been absolutely awful since he joined and I'd have him behind Sakho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

All our centre backs are shíte, all as bad as each other imo!

Sakho can do it with France and did it at PSG.

Lovren can do it with Croatia and did it with Southampton.

Skrtel can do it with Slovakia and hs done it for us over the years.

The it is defend.

So why aren't they able to do it now at Liverpool that is the major question that needs to be answered by the manage and the coaching staff.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Sakho can do it with France and did it at PSG.

Lovren can do it with Croatia and did it with Southampton.

Skrtel can do it with Slovakia and hs done it for us over the years.

The it is defend.

So why aren't they able to do it now at Liverpool that is the major question that needs to be answered by the manage and the coaching staff.

The common denominator when they play for Liverpool is the Def coach!

My point was that injuries could prevent him from securing his place in the team, if he cannot play, he cannot form a partnership.

The defence has been terrible for the last year and a half, and Skrtel has been a mainstay in the team all that time. I'd prefer a defender like Sakho who attacks a ball rather than one that does not even watch it when it is coming into the box.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

mav79 wrote: »
    My point was that injuries could prevent him from securing his place in the team, if he cannot play, he cannot form a partnership.

The defence has been terrible for the last year and a half, and Skrtel has been a mainstay in the team all that time. I'd prefer a defender like Sakho who attacks a ball rather than one that does not even watch it when it is coming into the box.

Its hard to watch the ball though when your trying to wrestle your man to the ground at every opportunity.

Just looking at fixtures, next four matches are:

Swansea tomorrow at home
    LG
    Newcastle Sat Nov 1 away
    League
    Madrid Tue Nov 4 away
    CL
    Chelsea Sat Nov 8 at home
    League

Swansea are coming off the back of a 2-0 win over Leicester. Siggurdson is out.

Newcastle have strung their first two wins of the season together over Spurs and Leicester. Tiote should be back from them by Saturday I think.

Madrid will have played UD Cornella in the Spanish Cup and then Granada in the league before they play us. Bale should be back I think.

Chelsea will have played Shrewsbury, QPR and Maribor before they play us. Costa should be back by then.

There's a reason our CB's are poor. Our fullbacks are pushed up way too far and constantly out of position, thus leaving the CB's isolated.

Lost count of the number of times Saturday Skrtel had to run right out to the RB position to make a tackle or clearance. Manquilo on the halfway line or sometimes was even centrally running back. Moreno was only a bit better in that regard

The common denominator when they play for Liverpool is the Def coach!

Or maybe the lack of a Souness, McMahon, Hamann or a Mascherano in front of them.

Of course a defenisve coach would be good as well.

There's a reason our CB's are poor. Our fullbacks are pushed up way too far and constantly out of position

They are not offering us anything with a starting position so high up the pitch and it negates the idea of playing the ball out of defence if the CBs and Gerrard cannot get the ball to them. We keep losing the ball with a floated pass from Mignolet to the full backs. Imo most full backs would prefer not to receive a pass facing their own goal but that is how we always get the ball to ours, and they end up more often than not playing it straight back to our CBs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

x43r0 wrote: »
    It's Tuesday for those with 14+ games on their cards

Thursday for the rest of us

Wednesday if you want a ticket to the Burnley game

Which i might go for since it is an evening game and close to my Bday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Interesting little bit on the anfield wrap, one of them seems to think a holding mid is a priority for january and missed out on an intended target for that position over the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

klose wrote: »
    Interesting little bit on the anfield wrap, one of them seems to think a holding mid is a priority for january and missed out on an intended target for that position over the summer.

Who said it? I haven't listened in weeks, it has got a bit jaded IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Very interesting article from Suarez's book
    http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/oct/27/luis-suarez-brendan-rodgers-liverpool?CMP=twt_gu

There is no doubt Rodgers helped improve Suarez as a player.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

A bit off topic, but was watching the documentary on Baby P on ITV earlier, amazing but not surprising that the Skum paper the S**, involved yet again in a vendetta against innocent people and what looks like another possible cover up in the corridors of power.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Agreed. Where you been anyway? Are you in America now?

Yeah, I'm over here about a month now. Tough to catch all the games with the time difference and stuff going on here, so keeps me a little off the boil when it comes to posing here anyway.

I scan through here when I get the time.

Definitely agree about Fescue. That funny fella will be missed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

Knex. wrote: »
    Yeah, I'm over here about a month now. Tough to catch all the games with the time difference and stuff going on here, so keeps me a little off the boil when it comes to posing here anyway.

I scan through here when I get the time.

Definitely agree about Fescue. That funny fella will be missed.

I wouldn't worry - there are still several posers remaining on here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

A bit off topic, but was watching the documentary on Baby P on ITV earlier, amazing but not surprising that the Skum paper the S**, involved yet again in a vendetta against innocent people and what looks like another possible cover up in the corridors of power.

I'd say companies like that tend to filter for people that leave their conscience at the door.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Demosthenese

There's a reason our CB's are poor. Our fullbacks are pushed up way too far and constantly out of position, thus leaving the CB's isolated.

Lost count of the number of times Saturday Skrtel had to run right out to the RB position to make a tackle or clearance. Manquilo on the halfway line or sometimes was even centrally running back. Moreno was only a bit better in that regard

Exacto ... we play an open game. Taylor made for counter attacking teams as we open ourselves up by leaving the centre halves vulnerable and covering the side areas. Every team we've played this season has punished us in the areas we've vacated in fullback positions. That can be ok when we can better their attacking display but of course this season we are blunt.

Looking at Chelsea yesterday - at one point Matic made a 30 yard run after a guy in the midfield and chased him down at speed, guy plays the ball backwards, Matic runs - and i mean runs back into his position in between the backline and the mids. That's just bloody great defending imo and the difference between us and a team like Chelsea.

... and it all comes down to the manager and his way of thinking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

With the positivity from last season, even with losing Suarez, I went in to the season feeling like this:

Even though we seem to be in an ok position, our performances say otherwise. This has happened to my expectations for the season.

mosstin wrote: »
    I wouldn't worry - there are still several posters remaining on here.

FYP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,294 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Luis Suarez: Once I had passed him he started with the show of grabbing my arm and protesting that I hadn’t shaken his hand. And he looked towards Sir Alex Ferguson to see if Daddy was watching. If it was a trap, I fell into it.

Daddy I like that Luis :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 606 ✭✭✭Seamu$

No place for Suarez on Ballon D'or list

Surprised at that. Doesn't say it's specifically because of the ban.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Seamu$ wrote: »
    No place for Suarez on Ballon D'or list

Surprised at that. Doesn't say it's specifically because of the ban.

It can only be for that reason.

Same reason Bale won the EPL POTY award the season before.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Pretty sure it's on beIN Sports anyway, so streams should be easy to come by.

Yeah the match is on Bein 1 HD but not in english.

Maybe stop playing him on his own up front or maybe that's the plan play him on his own for a while and then when you do play him with someone take the credit for transforming the player.
    Except the managers & the captians & some of the players.

I was at the game on Saturday. It was one of balotelli's best games tbh. He won lots of free kicks and worked hard off the ball. He badly needs a goal and should have scored at the end. It made a huge diff with 2 up top but tbh Lambert is not on the same wavelength as a sturridge or balotelli.
    Rodgers should try Borini & balotelli but he wont :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement