Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Note in OP, 1/09

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

rob316 wrote: »
    Daddy I like that Luis :pac:

:D

That quote is great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭sweetie

Seamu$ wrote: »
    No place for Suarez on Ballon D'or list

Surprised at that. Doesn't say it's specifically because of the ban.

bigger shock is why Klinnsman and Van Gaal are there and Rodgers isn't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

rob316 wrote: »
    Daddy I like that Luis :pac:

http://youtu.be/8CfEJVL0SmY

He looks at luis, protests to the camera, then the ref?

Seems like he is trying to play the it wasn't my fault card? Evra played the camera a bit alright, in fairness

sweetie wrote: »
    bigger shock is why Klinnsman and Van Gaal are there and Rodgers isn't.

Can understand Klinnsman as the underdog given the world cup the USA had.

Van Gaal was a let down, a better manager and that Dutch team would have made another final at least.

Maybe it's for his penalty shoot out 'mind games'.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

Will we see Rossiter tonight? Hope so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Turtyturd wrote: »

Van Gaal was a let down, a better manager and that Dutch team would have made another final at least.

On paper the Dutch team looked very weak - I thought they would get knocked out in the first round. The 5 - 1 win against Spain was a huge shock and a lot of the credit for that and for them getting as far as they did must go down to Van Gaal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Yeah the Dutch team has gotten better since he has left.... Token place on the short list anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Nonsense.

greendom wrote: »
    On paper the Dutch team looked very weak - I thought they would get knocked out in the first round. The 5 - 1 win against Spain was a huge shock and a lot of the credit for that and for them getting as far as they did must go down to Van Gaal

I agree that was a great result for them, although some of the shine was taken off it by the general World cup Spain had. They limped across the line in the majority of their other games because of overly negative tactics Imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,929 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Napoli interested as Liverpool consider cutting their losses on Mario Balotelli.
    There is no doubt that Mario Balotelli has made a slow start to his Anfield career, but the news filtering through from Metro today that Liverpool are prepared to sell the mercurial Italy international in January still comes as a shock!

After spending 16 million pounds just three months ago to land the 24-year old, it's been suggested that the Reds could be prepared to cut their losses and talk terms with Serie A club Napoli once the transfer window reopens in the new year.

Rafa Benitez's side are currently sitting seventh in the league and are considering making a 10 million pound offer for the former Manchester City and AC Milan striker -- believing he is the man that can help propel their team into Champions League contention.

http://www.espnfc.com/blog/transfer-talk/79/post/2113467/transfer-talk-takes-a-look-at-all-the-latest-newsgossip-and-whispers-from-across-europe

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Seriously does anyone believe a word of this stuff? Ever since Benitez took over at Napoli every bit part senior player on LFCs books has been linked with a move there.

Balotelli not being investigated any further by police just heard.

It would be like Robbie Keane all over again.

Him and Sturridge probably need to play a run of games together before any decision like this can be made. After watching him for alot of the game on Saturday I'm convinced his fortunes will improve when Sturridge returns, convinced of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭jasonb

rarnes1 wrote: »
    After watching him for alot of the game on Saturday I'm convinced his fortunes will improve when Sturridge returns, convinced of it.

Assuming that (hopefully) the two of them are played together...

J.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Lojak

I agree that was a great result for them, although some of the shine was taken off it by the general World cup Spain had. They limped across the line in the majority of their other games because of overly negative tactics Imo.

Only for these negative tactics I dont think they would have escaped the group , its a very poor team on paper. Im no major fan of Van Gaal but he knew the limitations of his team and set them up as such. Their current form shows the level they are at.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

It would be like Robbie Keane all over again.

Him and Sturridge probably need to play a run of games together before any decision like this can be made. After watching him for alot of the game on Saturday I'm convinced his fortunes will improve when Sturridge returns, convinced of it.

Except for the goals and assists Keane contributed.

noodler wrote: »
    Except for the goals and assists Keane contributed.

Oh I know that, I just meant the length of time between transfers.

Oh I know that, I just meant the length of time between transfers.

Yah.

I'd imagine we will recoup a fair bit less this time as well!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,797 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Far too early to be talking about ditching Balotelli.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭BMJD

How about instead of hanging young Mario out to dry, the transfer committee get a shake-up instead? Most of what they've brought in has been ****e so far. Give Mario the strike partner that he needs!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

whats the latest on a Sturridge return?

Muahahaha wrote: »
    whats the latest on a Sturridge return?

I'm guessing we won't see him until after the next international break. I'm not counting on it anyway.

I can't see us taking any chances with him when he picked up a different injury on his first training session back after the original injury!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭willowthewisp

BMJD wrote: »
    How about instead of hanging young Mario out to dry, the transfer committee get a shake-up instead? Most of what they've brought in has been ****e so far. Give Mario the strike partner that he needs!

Sturridge is that man, until we see them given time together I wouldn't be considering ditching Balotelli.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

An extract from the Suarez book, speaking about his first meeting with Brendan Rodgers when he was Swansea manager.
    I’d bumped into Brendan in a corridor afterwards and he said in Spanish: “You’re an excellent player, congratulations.” I remember thinking: “That’s interesting, the Swansea manager speaks Spanish.”

Brendan, you suave fúcker!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

SlickRic wrote: »
    Brendan, you suave fúcker!

Would be hilarious if he had gone "You-a excellenté plaaaayaaaaa, congratulatamenté!! Toro Toro!"

"You are a beautiful woman, congratulations"

gafferino wrote: »
    Will we see Rossiter tonight? Hope so.

I definately hope so too, but it will be a strong side against a good PL team.
    Lambert, Marko, Lucas, Can, Johnson, Enrique and Toure?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

"You are a beautiful woman, congratulations"

"Hey Luis, Ciúnas bothar cailín bainne"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Rafa signing Balotelli?

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Super-Rush wrote: »
    Rafa signing Balotelli?

He signed Pennant, so wouldn't be beyond the realms of possibility

Yeah but Balotelli.

I'd like to Ballotelli and Borini tonight.

Just to see does it work.

Forget the Balloon Door, Liverpool have three players nominated for the European Golden Boy award (golden boy!?) - Raheem Sterling, Divock Origi and Lazar Markovic.

Full list of summer targets here
    Nominees for the Golden Boy award: Calum Chambers (Arsenal), Kurt Zouma (Chelsea), John Stones (Everton), Raheem Sterling, Lazar Markovic. (Liverpool), Adnan Januzaj, Luke Shaw (Manchester United), Nabil Bentaleb and Eric Dier (Tottenham), Gerard Deulofeu (Sevilla), Aymeric Laporte (Athletic Bilbao), Munir El Haddai (Barcelona), Saul Niguez (Atletico Madrid), Sandro Ramirez (Barcelona) Domenico Berardi (Sassuolo), Bernardeschi Franco (Fiorentina), Kingsley Coman (Juventus), Keita Balde Diao (Lazio), Mateo Kovacic (Inter), Hakan Calhanoglu (Bayer Leverkusen), Gianluca Gaudino (Bayern Munich), Mathias Ginter (Borussia Dortmund), Julian Green (Hamburg), Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg (Bayern Munich), Maximilian Meyer (Schalke), Marquinhos (Paris Saint-Germain), Benjamin Mendy (Marseille), Lucas Ocampos (Monaco), Divock Origi (Lille), Adrien Rabiot (Paris Saint-Germain), Bruma (Galatasaray), Gonzalez (Basel), Arkadiusz Milik (Ajax), Alexander Mitrovic (Anderlecht), Nikola Ninkovic (Partizan Belgrade), Dennis Praet (Anderlecht), Oliver Torres (Porto), Tonny Vilhena (Feyenoord), Jetro Willems (PSV), Luka Zahovic (Maribor).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,181 ✭✭✭Sappy404

Super-Rush wrote: »
    Rafa signing Balotelli?

You know what would be more surprising than Napoli signing Balotelli? The Metro being right about a story.

I'd like to Ballotelli and Borini tonight.

Just to see does it work.

I'd like to see it for a couple of games to be honest.

Would hate the idea of Boroni getting one league cup game to prove himself whilst Mario gets a good run of league games.

I still maintain Lambert should be starting with someone else up top. The speed at which he has been written off, despite his goalscoring exploits last season being quite good, contrasts sharply with the numerous chance Mario is getting (despite a huge number of his goals being penalties).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

What am I missing here?

What am I missing here?

Pennant done time before Rafa signed him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Paddy Power put this up. "Mario Balotelli has been cleared of threatening behaviour, after police reviewed footage of Liverpool games this season." :D

Mignolet

Manquillo---Skrtel
    Lovren
    Moreno

Can

Allen
    Henderson

Coutinho

Borini
    Balotelli

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Forget the Balloon Door, Liverpool have three players nominated for the European Golden Boy award (golden boy!?) - Raheem Sterling, Divock Origi and Lazar Markovic.

Full list of summer targets here

More nominations than any other club. The future's bright...

Don't think there's too many on the list that'd challenge Sterling, to be honest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭Crash Bang Wall

Mignolet

Manquillo---Skrtel
    Lovren
    Moreno

Can

Allen
    Henderson

Coutinho

Borini
    Balotelli

Id like to see young Markovic get a game, and I think young Lambert might start instaed of young Borini

More nominations than any other club. The future's bright...

Don't think there's too many on the list that'd challenge Sterling, to be honest.

Kovacic (Inter)
    Hakan Calhanoglu (Bayer Leverkusen)
    Marquinhos (Paris Saint-Germain)

But I think he has a shout, for sure...

monkey9 wrote: »
    Paddy Power put this up. "Mario Balotelli has been cleared of threatening behaviour, after police reviewed footage of Liverpool games this season." :D

Whoever runs their Twitter account is on the ball, pun intended!

monkey9 wrote: »

Are they not a Liverpool sponsor?

Anyone going to be arsed to put up a match thread? Hardly seems worth the trouble with tv ignoring this one though 5live sports extra have full commentary here http://www.bbc.co.uk/5livesportsextra

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭benny79

Is there even highlights later? cant seem to find any...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

Anyone going to be arsed to put up a match thread? Hardly seems worth the trouble with tv ignoring this one though 5live sports extra have full commentary here http://www.bbc.co.uk/5livesportsextra

Surely be accessible somewhere on the net no?

Mignolet
    Manquillo Skrtel Lovren Moreno
    Can Henderson
    Coutinho
    Suso Borini
    Balotelli

Carling Cup is a good opportunity to rest Sterling and Gerrard imo. Borini playing as a defensive forward linking up with Balotelli. Coutinho playing in the pocket and a very defensive restricted role for Can.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 452 ✭✭NEDDURC

I'd go with:

..........Mignolet
    Manquillo Toure Lovren Enrique
    ............Can Allen
    Markovic..................Suso
    .........Borini Lambert

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Dickerty wrote: »
    Kovacic (Inter)
    Hakan Calhanoglu (Bayer Leverkusen)
    Marquinhos (Paris Saint-Germain)

But I think he has a shout, for sure...

Sterling should win it tbf, had a better season than those mentioned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Daemonic

benny79 wrote: »
    Is there even highlights later? cant seem to find any...
    Tomorrow night on BBC1.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement