Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Note in OP, 1/09

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

Went over pretty easy there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,797 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Shelvey to probably score this free.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Ffs Henderson

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Nice position for jonjo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

regulation play

• Advertisement

Great save from Jones...went through the wall with that shot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭mav79

Johnson is doing pretty good as LB again.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I'm not sure if I should laugh or be disgusted with the commentary!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭larrymiller

8-10 wrote: »
    I haven't been able to find a better stream but this season I'm finding the lower definition the better for Liverpool games!

Only liverpool person I can make out is kolo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭pmy.murphy

What do we think of Markovic tonight?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

I really really want to avoid penos again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

It's not bloody Noth-in its Nathan!

Anyway, sorry if its been asked but does this goes to ET/Penalties tonight?

Shelvey playing very well for Swansea it has to be said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Not watching, am listening how the overall look of the team? Tight as a unit or strung out, high up or playing deep?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

commentator the most entertaining contributor to the first half there

an ok performance, some huff and puff, a few half-chances - look vulnerable at the back at times, basically the same performance you've seen in 90% of our games this season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭mav79

pmy.murphy wrote: »
    Could do with some u-21 games atm, looks afraid to try anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Milkers

I'm obviously the only one enjoying the bejaysus out of this crazy yank commentator. "Three steps and a strike. High."

Not watching, am listening how the overall look of the team? Tight as a unit or strung out, high up or playing deep?

Like Saturday, game there for the taking but no cohesion up front. Borini playing well, Markovic and Lambert disappointing, Coutinho blowing hot and cold.

Only liverpool person I can make out is kolo.

Jones is a fairly easy one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Raif Severance

His Defensive-side of Play is very good, the Problem is that he is a Winger. And I've yet to see him Take on his Man.

For now, he's Worse than Downing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭Paddy@CIRL

I'd happily have USA Soccer commentary guy over Michael Owen every week.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Not great really. Needs to improve in the second half or he'll be one of the first off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭pmy.murphy

mav79 wrote: »
    Could do with some u-21 games atm, looks afraid to try anything.

Agree plus hes needlessly given the ball away a couple of times and hasnt offered anything going forward. He desperately needs match sharpness and then he can be judged

Shelvey playing very well for Swansea it has to be said.

Usually does against us (which is the only time I get to see him to be honest). Commits a lot of fouls too it has to be said.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Usually does against us (which is the only time I get to see him to be honest). Commits a lot of fouls too it has to be said.

I think there is a good player there if you eliminate the constant and stupid fouls .

Didn't notice much from Lambert.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

'Foul by Henderson outside the ark!'. WTF is an ark doing at Anfield? Is it raining? Are we waiting for Moses to come back?

We need Knex to provide a translation service:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Pilsbury Doughboy

I have Arabic commentary myself, the yank one sounds like a hoot.

I kind of enjoyed that half, we dominated without creating too much,but there was a bit of intensity in our play that's nice to see.

Coutinho definitely more cold than hot, very frustrating player, Kolo was decent with the ball at his feet, not his main job obv but he was carrying it out well and starting attacks rather than taking the easy options.

I hate it say it, but Markovic just looks lost.

• Advertisement

5live wrote: »
    'Foul by Henderson outside the ark!'. WTF is an ark doing at Anfield? Is it raining? Are we waiting for Moses to come back?

Steve 'Arkness

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Coutinho has played well & is at least trying to create. Markovic looks lost out there. Lambert hasn't done much either.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Those Yoshi Grill mates look the ****ing business.

Best I've seen us Play this Season, though that's not saying much.

We've also been Pressing and Keeping the Ball well.

And if Borini does not get a League start after this, then I Fear for our League Position.

Because for me, he is the only one of our current Strikers that actually looks like a Threat or one that can actually Score.

That's how Dire, Lambert and Balo have been so far.

I hate it say it, but Markovic just looks lost.

You'd wonder would Ibe have been much of a worse option this season and £20m put towards a striker :o

Borini is well up for this. It's good to see a player with a lot of spirit and fight...hope the other Italian striker is watching :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Blondie919

5live wrote: »

He probably meant to say "top of the box".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

rarnes1 wrote: »
    You'd wonder would Ibe have been much of a worse option this season and £20m put towards a striker :o

As said above I'd give Markovic a run of games in the U21s, Ibe on the bench tonight against Fulham (2-1 down) he got hooked at half time on Saturday dunno how he played.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Pilsbury Doughboy

MD1990 wrote: »
    Coutinho has played well & is at least trying to create. Markovic looks lost out there. Lambert hasn't done much either.

Coutinho is trying but he gave the ball away far too much and messed up some relatively simple passes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Some nice bits of play by pretty much everyone.

The only negatives have been the absolute aberration of a shot from the deepest, darkest depths of hell by Markovic and that cross from Borini.

Oh, and that we haven't actually really created all that much.

But it's a sort of positive bluntness vs the shaky aimless bull**** we've mostly had to endure this season.

There's effective pressing, the passing has been fairly sharp in and around the box and there's been a few flashes of quality from Borini, Lambert and Coutinho.

We look like a good team with a few reserves in the side in a cup match as opposed to a random assortment of gob****es afraid of their own shadows.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Markovic has done ok. Nothing special and hasn't looked a 20m player but he has done the simple things well.

He has zero confidence. Hasn't taken one player on. Until he regains that, we won't see the best of him.

We need Suarez to set up some goals for him

• Advertisement

And if Borini does not get a League start after this, then I Fear for our League Position.
    Until he can start converting decent patches of play into goals or assists then he's not going to be starting any games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Markovic has done ok. Nothing special and hasn't looked a 20m player but he has done the simple things well.

He has zero confidence. Hasn't taken one player on. Until he regains that, we won't see the best of him.

We need Suarez to set up some goals for him

He looked better after his bad effort on goal.

He's started to get involved more, he's run a bit with the ball and generally hid less.

It's not much but it's an improvement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,952 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

When were we in for Cavani? :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Until he can start converting decent patches of play into goals or assists then he's not going to be starting any games.

To be fair he's had little or no football this season and it doesn't show. Like every player he needs a run of games to get his fitness and finishing going.

I'd certainly start him over Balo or Lambert.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Hidalgo

rarnes1 wrote: »

If the Markovic money and the Balotelli money was lumped together it would have been a nice wad of cash to get a polished striker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Hidalgo wrote: »
    If the Markovic money and the Balotelli money was lumped together it would have been a nice wad of cash to get a polished striker.

Who though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

Markovic has definately been the worst signing of the trasnfer window considering the money spent.

Makes Balo look like a bargain buy.

Commentary not much better this half

• Registered Users Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

niallo27 wrote: »
    Who though.

Fortune favours the brave. All they can say is no. Maybe we did enquire but I have my doubts considering our transfer policy.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement