Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Note in OP, 1/09

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Jesus Lovren finally does something usefull, fair play.

Lovern it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭mav79

Always said it, the best defender at the club:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Yippee cai ey

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Awful awful goalkeeping.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 605 ✭✭✭breghall

swans have been robbed by balo and lovern, who would have guessed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Lovren and Balotelli in the same game lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

pmy.murphy wrote: »
    Why not, Runners Up in the League last season and In the Champions League once again. Ludicrous statement that just doesnt cut it anymore. If we cant sign some top players as a Champions League club then when will we ever

It's the reality I'm afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Lojak

Brilliant, we didnt need extra time!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

Allaaaaah
    Alllllaaaaaahhh
    Alllllllllaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Lovren Allahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

tok9 wrote: »
    What a crazy red, not even a foul.

Thought it looked awful at first, on second viewing so so harsh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Good stuff. A win like this can be a real boost to a struggling side.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

So then the two most damned players of this season (who were playing) score. Its clearly a sign.

I enjoyed that game tbh :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,952 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Thank god for no extra time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

Shelvey is still at it arguing the our lads

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Did Jonjo headbutt Balotelli though?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Have to say Coutinho is one of the best/worst players I've ever seen. So good with the ball at his feet when running at defenders, able to pick out amazing passes. But my god, when he shoots he's just so sh*t.

breghall wrote: »
    swans have been robbed by balo and lovern, who would have guessed.

Robbed?
    By scoring goals? How does that work?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,952 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Also that's the first time we've come back from a losing position, whether it be to win or draw, all season.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

mario inspired us to victory :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,029 ✭✭✭✭GBX

8-10 wrote: »

I dont think so ... think Mario made a meal of it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

pmy.murphy wrote: »
    Why not, Runners Up in the League last season and In the Champions League once again. Ludicrous statement that just doesnt cut it anymore. If we cant sign some top players as a Champions League club then when will we ever

The club he left were champions and CL finalists. Why would he leave Atletico for Liverpool? Financially, Liverpool and Chelsea are leagues apart

• Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Raif Severance

Borini is MOTM for me.

Worked really hard, and Created chances for himself and his Teammates.

Brendan must surely start him now in the League.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Shelvey is still at it arguing the our lads

Looked a bit handbags-ey, anyone know what it was about?

Did Shelvey nut mad Mario?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

That has to be the worst red card decision I've seen in a long time. Not even a foul.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

We deserved it, the only team that looked like they were pushing from the off...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Anyone else notice your man was calling bony gomis for the last 10 minutes even though he was taken off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Missed the last 10 minutes but hardly a shock, Swansea were only in it for a brief spell before and after their goal.

Glad that match is over for the simple reason that my stream was "Bein" sports with a U.S. commentator and it just doesn't sound right with football.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Good result with some key players rested

Have to feel for Swansea, joke of a decision for the red - could have made all the difference for that last set piece although Williams slipped and the keeper came a'flappin

Great ball in from Borini for Marios goal, tidy finish too. Didn't see the full match only from the Swansea goal onwards - how did Borini do overall?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Demosthenese

Turned on the live stream with the kid with 20 mins to go, just after the Swans goal ... from my perspective it was a great 20 mins, 2 goals and looked dangerous ha!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

Have to say Coutinho is one of the best/worst players I've ever seen. So good with the ball at his feet when running at defenders, able to pick out amazing passes. But my god, when he shoots he's just so sh*t.

His passing was pretty **** tonight tbh. Infuriating performance from him given the inroads he made over the past few games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Delighted for Mario

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Awo139fCIAAbP0K.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Missed the match as I was looking after my newborn, is there any highlights being shown on TV?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

murpho999 wrote: »
    Glad that match is over for the simple reason that my stream was "Bein" sports with a U.S. commentator and it just doesn't sound right with football.
    Think I had the same - did the commentator say that Mario went to Shelvey 'looking for the explosion'?

Thought it was a bizare turn of phrase...maybe it was just the accent though

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭Rega

Vicxas wrote: »
    Missed the match as I was looking after my newborn, is there any highlights being shown on TV?

Looking after your Newborn?

Pffffttt Not a real fan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Milkers

Red card should have been a yellow (or more) for Coutinho, dreadful decision.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

This is the commentator from tonight on Bein

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSKEKJOy2Zzysi53fMuue5D_2PWCnXgeueSmfQSwyB9SkOn8oPA

He let off a few rounds in celebration when he went off air.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭looder

Shelvey arguing with Mario is the reason for that set piece goal. The Swansea players took their eye off the ball after that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Some people are incredibly naive about Liverpools place in the scheme of the modern game. We are in the second level of sides (and not at the top of that due to recent lack of CL football) and will not sign wage cheques for more than about 150k for anyone who has not earned it at the club (see Suarez 80k to 225k a week).

The owners are not going to change that so LFC will have to develop players to become stars or get very lucky.

The name doesn't mean that much to guys born in the 90s except in terms of history.

None of the above should distract of buys that are just poor though. No matter who you are there is good and bad value out there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,797 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Big take outs from that match are that Toure, Lambert and Markovic have no place being anywhere near the first team squad right now. Everyone else was decent/good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭FreeOSCAR

5th round game is scheduled slap bang in the middle of the United and Arsenal matches.

Bournemouth at home will do.

Congrats. Did you call the newborn Mario?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Milkers wrote: »
    Red card should have been a yellow (or more) for Coutinho, dreadful decision.

Why should Countiho have been given a card? It wasn't a dive, just a terrible decision from the ref.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

looder wrote: »
    Shelvey arguing with Mario is the reason for that set piece goal. The Swansea players took their eye off the ball after that.

It looks like they were too busy trying to tell Shelvey who to pick up rather than doing their own jobs. In fairness to Shelvey, I cant think of a time he's had to drop into centre half.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Tomorrow night and congratulations.

and we are....... reborn!

No idea about highlights tbh

Congrats on the new arrival :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

8-10 wrote: »

It looked like he swung an arm, Balotelli squared up and then Shelvey did one of those fake headbutt things footballers do.

Probably a red technically.

But seeing as the other one wasn't I suppose they cancel out?
    Jesus Lovren finally does something usefull, fair play.

He only has to score about 7 more to make up for the cock ups.

Unlikely clearances off the line are also an accepted currency.

A decent enough performance. I don't think there was much wrong with their goal. Mostly it was just a poxy deflection that landed where our CB wasn't.

There were a few vaguely interesting bits of play from Markovic. He just doesn't seem to be willing to have a go. Far too timid. Good to see him using a bit of his famed pace for once at least. Not arsed really. He has time on his side even if it feels like the club can't afford to give it to him at the moment.

Impressed with Borini. About as good a performer as we had out there. Looked sharp, passing was good, was willing to take players on, made good decisions. He should be starting.

Lambert had a few nice touches here and there but he just does not look like he has the mobility to be that effective for 60 minutes. No harm having him in to rest players but I don't want to see him start important games.

The rest were all reasonably good but as a whole the team started off too slowly in the 2nd half.

Far more positives than negatives tonight. Good for a change. If we can get a win and a performance next weekend and avoid a hiding against Real I think we can start to get going.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement