Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Note in OP, 1/09

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

magma69 wrote: »
    This is what I find strange about the Balotelli witch hunt at the moment. Markovic has been worse despite the fact we paid more for him yet he's not getting anywhere near the same amount of grief.

Ballotelli rightly or wrongly is one of the biggest names in world football. Markovic is not much older than Sterling and is new to the Premier League. Ballotelli will always garner more attention than just about anybody bar the really top players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

Ballotelli rightly or wrongly is one of the biggest names in world football. Markovic is not much older than Sterling and is new to the Premier League. Ballotelli will always garner more attention than just about anybody bar the really top players.

I get that alright. He's one to make headlines. But the thing is people are believing it and not realising he's being given a ridiculously disproportionate amount of stick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

There is an app can 'live media player' that I got from the App Store that I use to watch whatever live stuff I can't access on TV. It works great tbh.

Just when I thought you couldn't get any better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

gafferino wrote: »
    Lads does anyone know a website I can watch matches on the iPad? Pm me if you know (not sure if I'm allowed ask this).

Get and andriod tablet / phone , chromecast and xbmc and never look back

While others last night were going on about the American and Arabic commentary I had the sky commentary

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,797 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

When did we all become so stupid and impatient?
    I haven't read all the opinions on here, but how much of the Balo hate is actually coming from our own fans? I'd say 90% of the bile being thrown around is generated by rival fans and the English red tops which are just dying to see Balo do something daft.

Other than Sterling, Balotelli is probably the best attacking option we've got at the moment.

Get and andriod tablet / phone , chromecast and xbmc and never look back

While others last night were going on about the American and Arabic commentary I had the sky commentary
    I wholeheartedly endorse this product/service as well.

Never used Chromecast, what's the story with it?

Same with Xbmc?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,660 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

There is an app can 'live media player' that I got from the App Store that I use to watch whatever live stuff I can't access on TV. It works great tbh.

Is there a subscription or charge with that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭jasonb

I haven't read all the opinions on here, but how much of the Balo hate is actually coming from our own fans? I'd say 90% of the bile being thrown around is generated by rival fans and the English red tops which are just dying to see Balo do something daft.

Well, he had a lot of support last night, he got the 2nd biggest cheer of the night when he came on (the biggest was for Kenny coming on to the pitch at halftime). I was impressed by how vocal and determined the support was, the fans clearly want to show him that they believe he can do a job for us. And his song is excellent too, which always helps! ;)

J.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Never used Chromecast, what's the story with it?

Same with Xbmc?

Chromecast is a steaming device that connects to HDMI port on your tv, such as netflix and such, you can also cast your android phone screen onto your tv.

XBMC - have a look at this thread

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057066642

Chromecast is a steaming device that connects to HDMI port on your tv, such as netflix and such, you can also cast your android phone screen onto your tv.

XBMC - have a look at this thread

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057066642

Cheers man

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

cjmc wrote: »
    Is there a subscription or charge with that

No sub for it. I genuinely watch whatever sport I want live on it no problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

magma69 wrote: »
    This is what I find strange about the Balotelli witch hunt at the moment. Markovic has been worse despite the fact we paid more for him yet he's not getting anywhere near the same amount of grief. Lovren, also, more expensive than Balotelli has been underwhelming to put it mildly.

2 wrongs don't make a right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

+1 for chromecast, its the best little piece of entertainment equipment I've bought. Well worth €35/€40.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Still no sign of Teixiera for Brighton against spurs unfortunately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Newcastle looking good here should be further ahead against City
    City are a joke have looked terrible lately, well behind chelsea struggling in the champions league could be out of the league cup in 15 minutes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

City are a joke have looked terrible lately, well behind chelsea struggling in the champions league could be out of the league cup in 15 minutes

2-0 now.

Looks like Newcastle are coming good just in time for our game...lovely.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

2-0 now.

Looks like Newcastle are coming good just in time for our game...lovely.

I sense a 4-3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

Watching it thinking that Newcastle are coming into form at the worst time for us. This would be a huge boost to their confidence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

klose wrote: »
    Still no sign of Teixiera for Brighton against spurs unfortunately.

He is on now.

The League Cup quarter final draw follows the City/Newcastle game (not sure if they need to hang on for the Spurs result as they are 2-0 up)

This is a bit alarming

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/oct/29/daniel-sturridge-liverpool-hereditary-injury
    Daniel Sturridge believes his persistent injury problems could be hereditary after admitting his speed makes him vulnerable to breaking down.

The Liverpool striker has not played since being injured while on England duty at the start of September having suffered with thigh and calf problems. Sturridge, whose uncles Dean and Simon were both professionals, believes that could be a result of his Caribbean background.

“Maybe it’s my body type, maybe it’s hereditary. Both my uncles had injuries, and my dad had them as well. Maybe it’s the Caribbean vibes, maybe I have speed but maybe it makes you more vulnerable because of the fast twitch muscles and the speed in which you’re moving.

• Advertisement

Goal for Aspas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Goal for Aspas.

Not bad

https://vine.co/v/OMT7ZqDMhWW

Ha I saw that Seville were playing, thought he'd get a start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

Ah. I had imagined it would have been direct from a corner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

He is on now.

The League Cup quarter final draw follows the City/Newcastle game (not sure if they need to hang on for the Spurs result as they are 2-0 up)

This is a bit alarming

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/oct/29/daniel-sturridge-liverpool-hereditary-injury

I'd be worried if a Dr. Sturridge was saying this, and there were a few less "maybes"!

Sturridge not telling us something we don't already know he's a bloody sicknote!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Away to Bournemouth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Bournemouth away in QF

Bournemouth v Liverpool, that'll be a cracker.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

1/4 final not on until another 6 weeks
    Hopefully we will be playing better by then

Long aul journey that sandiwiched between the united away game and arsenal at home. Will be a big week that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

There is an app called 'live media player' that I got from the App Store, that I use to watch whatever live stuff I can't access on TV. It works great tbh.
    Won't let me register with email :( but thanks anyway

Bournemouth away wont' be easy but suppose could of been worse

Really could not have asked for a better tie than that. Think Derby might be capable of springing a shock should Jose field a weakened team. Southampton could be the dark horses in remaining.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,038 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Really, at this stage we should be absolutely going all out to win this. A trophy is a trophy, and there's only side left that are legitimately better than us. Hopefully Chelsea have bigger fish to fry and don't take this one too seriously.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Great draw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Really, at this stage we should be absolutely going all out to win this. A trophy is a trophy, and there's only side left that are legitimately better than us. Hopefully Chelsea have bigger fish to fry and don't take this one too seriously.

Yup, I definitely want a trophy this year.

Aspas got a hat trick for sevilla tonight

delw wrote: »
    Won't let me register with email :( but thanks anyway

Bournemouth away wont' be easy but suppose could of been worse

You downloaded the app from iTunes?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Long aul journey that sandiwiched between the united away game and arsenal at home. Will be a big week that!

Will be very difficult to field 3 full-strength teams in a week. Have to think a few will be rested for the Bournemouth game. Always risky when away in the cup to a lower league side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

December turning into a huge month for us.

Last CL group game against Basle.

Utd, Arsenal in PL and now Bounemouth quarter final.

Hopefully our form improves between now and then and Sturridge is back and cementing a partnership with Ballotelli.

Season hinges a lot on these games in my opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

I sense a 4-3.

and I tell you honestly, I will love it if we beat them, love it!

Clearly Liverpool are playing Newcastle at exactly the wrong moment, or maybe they'll think they've turned the corner and relax a bit too much. Whereas Liverpool know there's plenty to be done.

Aspas got a hat trick for sevilla tonight

Forgive me for not believing you but I had to google that:)

This is the pick of the three;

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

All well and good scoring a hat-trick, but what were his corners like?

• Advertisement

Turtyturd wrote: »
    All well and good scoring a hat-trick, but what were his corners like?

By the looks of it, that goal came from a corner. He only takes corners against decent opposition.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Forgive me for not believing you but I had to google that:)

This is the pick of the three;

That link as dead, but this one works for all the goals.

http://www.101greatgoals.com/goals/spain/aspas-bags-a-hat-trick-as-sevilla-smash-6-at-sabadell-highlights/

As long as he impresses and signs permanently, I don't really care what he does.

I keep forgetting (even with Harry's loan-watch) just how much quality we have out on loan. Origi, Alberto, Ibe, Teixeira, Ilori, Wisdom. That is half a good team right there. I don't think either Alberto or Teix will make it (at our level), but the others have every chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 546 ✭✭✭Cjs21

Dickerty wrote: »
    That link as dead, but this one works for all the goals.

http://www.101greatgoals.com/goals/spain/aspas-bags-a-hat-trick-as-sevilla-smash-6-at-sabadell-highlights/

As long as he impresses and signs permanently, I don't really care what he does.

I keep forgetting (even with Harry's loan-watch) just how much quality we have out on loan. Origi, Alberto, Ibe, Teixeira, Ilori, Wisdom. That is half a good team right there. I don't think either Alberto or Teix will make it (at our level), but the others have every chance.

Origi would probably slot into the 1st team now. Wisdom has always impressed and is better than Johnson and Manquillo, would love a Wisdom and Moreno full back partnership.

Ibe still needs to build up stamina and has a lot to learn about the game, which will come in time, but the natural skill and talent he has makes up for that.

Alberto will more than likely never play in a Liverpool shirt again, I don't think he's cut out for it. Ilori and Teixeria are 50/50, Teixeria showed great promise when he signed with Brighton on loan, but the whole team have dropped in form the last 10 or so games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Winning the league cup would mean almost nothing to me.

I was kinda shocked in 2012 when we won it and I found myself really not giving a ****. Of course it probably didn't help that it was a poor game and it was against Cardiff.

Gbear wrote: »
    Winning the league cup would mean almost nothing to me.

I was kinda shocked in 2012 when we won it and I found myself really not giving a ****. Of course it probably didn't help that it was a poor game and it was against Cardiff.

You don't give a **** whether we win a trophy or not? Then what's the point? Football is about winning trophies, having those days that the fans can remember and give them a chance to lord over their rivals. If I stopped caring about winning cups then id stop watching Liverpool tbh.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement