Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Note in OP, 1/09

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

There is only 5 of the current squad that I would be sad if they left and Stevie is one of them, it would be a travesty is he was to go to another club

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    Nice of you to put sentimentality at the top of the requirements list when he's being paid with other people's money. Fsg should do what they think is best for the club. What of Stevie won't take a paycut? Should they keep him on his massive wages? No player bigger than the club. Legends have left before.

Tbh there is no bigger Liverpool legend than Gerrard through thick and thin he was loyal he could have won many league titles but stayed true to his club he deserves massive respect not to be told to piss off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I can't see Rodgers ever letting that happen to be honest.

Can you imagine the pressure and calls for Rodgers to lose his job if he goes on a really bad run with Gerrard on the coaching staff.

It would be Giggs mark two.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Tbh there is no bigger Liverpool legend than Gerrard

Kenny-Dalglish-007.jpg

Tbh there is no bigger Liverpool legend than Gerrard through thick and thin he was loyal he could have won many league titles but stayed true to his club he deserves massive respect not to be told to piss off
    Turtyturd wrote: »
    Kenny-Dalglish-007.jpg

Excuse me!

shankly.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭MR NINE

It would of course be a shame if he didnt see out his career at liverpool, but fsg probably dont feel he is worth 150k+ a week anymore. I would probably have to agree. Id like to see him stick around, but if he is trying to get a better deal then I understand the club not giving it to him. Obviously we dont know whats going on behind the scenes and what type of offer, if any, has been made to him. Im not sure exactly what hes earning at the moment but I would hazard a guess its around the 150k mark. I think its unrealistic for him to expect the same wage in the future as his value to the club is clearly gonna diminish. If he gets offered that wage elsewhere Ill understand his decision to leave. Im sure ill get slated, but it could be a blessing in disguise if he were to leave. I know its not his fault, but hes being selected game in game out in a role hes not physically capable for imo. It seems rodgers is unwilling to drop/rotate him for whatever reason. In an ideal world hed stay on a lower wage and start less games. If he has greater ambitions then its completely understandable, if he gets offered a large wage by a club thats willing to start him week in week out I wont begrudge him leaving. But I dont think its in liverpools best interests to give him 150k a week and start him week in week out for another year or two, so I completely understand them not giving him a new deal if theyre the terms hes looking for.

As for Gerrard probably best if he is treated like a plaster and ripped away in one go...although at this point I'd settle for the pussy approach of slowly removing it bit by bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Gerrard has played every EPL and CL game this season. BR wants him in the team and squad. He will get at least another year contract. I would be shocked if he didn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭john why

Nearly 24 hours to go , who's doing the match thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭willowthewisp

I don’t there is a lot wrong with what Gerrard has said. Anyone who reads the full interview can see;
    • He is defending his teammate Balotelli
    • He is saying our form is understandable after losing 2 key players (Suarez to Barca & Sturridge to injury).
    • He does not want to retire, and if e doesn’t get a contract extension with Liverpool he will play somewhere else next season.
    My only hope would be that if does move on, then it would be to another country where he could make an impact with a top team and win that elusive league title (maybe he should just go north of the border and pick up a handy one....).

And in my opinion Gerrard becoming part of the coaching staff in a senior capacity in the next 5 years should be a non runner.

• Advertisement

john why wrote: »
    Nearly 24 hours to go , who's doing the match thread?

Done.

My record is decent enough too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Done.

My record is decent enough too

Yeah but what about when you set it up under your other usernames?!?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Alonso77

Hey lets not forget this legend of the club!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Is that cat running with it's knees?

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Luis21

Hes not worth a contract extension. Time for a change.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

Luis21 wrote: »

I agree, that cat has got to go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Pilsbury Doughboy

I think everyone agrees that Stevie should be eased out of the side over the next year or two, but I don't think he should be unceremoniously dumped by the club , he deserves much better than that, obviously he might be asking for too much so a compromise will hopefully be agreed , I can't and dont want to picture him wearing another club teams kit, even if it it was some MLS side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

Don't begrudge him one last pay day with an MLS outfit. Shame to ruin an iconic one club career though. His choice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Luis21 wrote: »

Wow ! He deserves a contract more then anyone at the club . So I think your fairly wrong about this .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

The tripe is out in force.

We need to keep Gerrard and use him ala Giggs. He's not expecting nor will he get 150k or anything like it.

T-K-O wrote: »
    The tripe is out in force.

We need to keep Gerrard and use him ala Giggs. He's not expecting nor will he get 150k or anything like it.

But but but imagine all the savings in wages we can make, and then pump those savings into some lesser player. Makes perfect sense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭chicorytip

Borini could have a future if utilised properly i.e. on the right side of midfield.
    The cross he supplied for Ballotelli the other night was of the highest quality. He's never going to be a twenty goal a season man.Still a quality player though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

There isnt much point in keeping him if he's not going to be managed correctly. We need someone in to support him and or challenge his position.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

But but but imagine all the savings in wages we can make, and then pump those savings into some lesser player. Makes perfect sense.

:) That old chestnut, his new salary will reflect his level of input. I'm certain he will remain one of our best players next season. Playing him every week is not doing him or the club any favours.

Gerrard will impress this season, no doubt, we haven't seen the best of him yet, same as the rest of the team.

• Advertisement

Bib Theory starting 13 using getty images

Mig, Stewart, Skrtel, Jones, Moreno, Can, Allen, Gerrard, Lallana, Coutinho, Sterling, Hendo, Balotelli :D

Not a right back in sight other than Kevin Stewart though! Though Flanno is pictured in training gear without a bib

Rossiter, Tricky-Smith, Sinclair, Brad Smith, among those also training with first team so probably not playing tonight in U21s?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

96LFCNews ‏@96LFCnews 3m3 minutes ago

Liverpool WILL make a bid for Dortmund star Marco Reus in January.
    0 replies 1 retweet 0 favorites

54426438.jpg

:eek::D

KO 7 pm match not listed on any sites AFAIK

Liverpool U21: Ward, Stewart, Maguire, Cleary, Jones, Rossiter, Wilson, Williams, Sinclair, Kent, Smith.

Subs: Vigouroux, Randall, Brannagan, Trickett-Smith, Pelosi.

Tottenhams U21: Glover, McQueen, Ogilvie, Lesniak, ball, Carter-Vickers, Sonupe, Winks, Akindayini, Onamah, Miller.

Subs: Miles, Harrison, Pritchard og Azzaoui.

Good to see Pelosi back.

54426438.jpg

:eek::D

Dortmund haven't started the season that well so I'd offer 5 million below his value as he might be desperate to leave.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Is yesil crocked again?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

Obviously fake. Why don't they just make a bid now?
    Couldn't see him going to Liverpool now, looks like Liverpool are heading back to the usual Liverpool of old. Last summer would have been the only chance

Obviously fake. Why don't they just make a bid now?
    Couldn't see him going to Liverpool now, looks like Liverpool are heading back to the usual Liverpool of old. Last summer would have been the only chance

A fake story on Twitter? Hardly.

Mad to see it stir some folk though :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

A fake story on Twitter? Hardly.

Mad to see it stir some folk though :)
    Indeed, it's like summer all over again.

Dortmund haven't started the season that well so I'd offer 5 million below his value as he might be desperate to leave.

Nooooo no lowballing. We do that and some other club comes in and pips us.

Also never going to happen. We are not signing Reus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,037 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

I'd rather we offer 5 million more than his value, and actually try to get him.

Which we won't.

Reus almost confirmed today that he'd be playing with Gerrard next season - at Munich! :pac:

Indeed, it's like summer all over again.

Yeah, probably not the reaction you were looking for though :)

Kent opens scoring 1-0 U21s

1-1 now.

Rossier with the winner 2-1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    I'd rather we offer 5 million more than his value, and actually try to get him.

Which we won't.
    :eek::eek::eek:

Thats a lot of money for a third choice leftback....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Just as well Nuri isn't around any more or he'd slap you up and down the thread for chat like that ya pup.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

5live wrote: »
    :eek::eek::eek:

Thats a lot of money for a third choice leftback....

We can convert him to a right back! We are kinda short for players in that position :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

We can convert him to a right back! We are kinda short for players in that position :p

We'd want to be careful though, I hear Cardiff are sniffing about because Vincent Tan wants a few more goals from the GK position.
    Not a bad idea tbh, Reus would do a good job for us between the posts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

hodgson-face-rub-o.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Macavity. wrote: »
    Here's a fun game. How do you think we'll do in each competition this year? I reckon we'll scrape top 4, get knocked out of the Champions League in the quarters, get knocked out early in the FA cup and fuck it we'll win the League Cup boys. :pac: Yup, I've been drinking. :o

League? That's a winning.
    Champions league? That's a winning.
    FA Cup? That's a winning.
    League Cup? You better believe that's a winning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

Augmerson wrote: »
    hodgson-face-rub-o.gif

TBH

KwfQ2.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭danoriordan1402

As much as I would like to see the below, I cant see Rodgers starting Borini despite his gushing during the week, reckon he will be on the bench. Also he may swap Lucas for Gerrard with an eye on Madrid midweek...
    In other words I havent a clue.. :D

Mignolet
    Manquillo Skrtel Lovren Moreno
    Gerrard
    Coutinho Henderson
    Sterling
    Borini Balotelli

It would he refreshing to see Rodgers start borini with balotelli, it would dispell some of the stubborn perception he's recently acquired.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Borini on the bench

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement