Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Note in OP, 1/09

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Augeo wrote: »
    It would he refreshing to see Rodgers start borini with balotelli, it would dispell some of the stubborn perception he's recently acquired.

It would but he wont.

No borini but sterling will be very forward I'd expect with coutinho, hen, Allen and Gerrard in midfield,.

B1WoF_xIYAA2JBk.jpg

It would but he wont.

I suppose Rodgers sees him as gone in January so its cup only.

To be fair there's plenty quality on the bench.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

Really think we should try two up top. Guess it will happen in the second half. Fabio needs game time too and definitely has the hunger for it. He had a couple of mad crosses in the last game but at the end of the day he produced the assist and got the crowd going. He was with Sunderland for a loan and came back fighting. You need a player like that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Another boring predictable starting eleven from Rodgers, a draw would be a good result.

I suppose Rodgers sees him as gone in January so its cup only.

To be fair there's plenty quality on the bench.

If that's his attitude then it's wrong imo. We might have nothing left to play for come January.

Am I alone in thinking wel might see a 4 3 3 formation in this ? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Hopefully diamond, Cou out wide is a waste. Sterling is better centrally too

He seems to be fond of 4-2-3-1 atm and it's not working. You're not allowed to criticise him in here tho or you get called a doom monger.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I used this quote last week.

Albert Einstein: Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

I think Brendan might need to take a step back and have a fresh look at his squad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Demosthenese

Brendan can talk all this "breaking lines" stuff that he likes but that team reeks of staleness and a little predictable. Its ok to put out the same team thats performing week in week out ... but i'll be a little miffed if don't start this game with a good level of intensity like previous weeks.

... always decent games v Newcastle and sure to be goals, i am not hopeful but you just never know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Daemonic

Worst thing about it is he's tried 2 up top a few times late in games and the difference is plain to see. It's not like he'd be trying something with no evidence it'll improve the performance. :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Daemonic wrote: »
    Worst thing about it is he's tried 2 up top a few times late in games and the difference is plain to see. It's not like he'd be trying something with no evidence it'll improve the performance. :confused:

The end of games are very different from the beginnings. The opposition tend to be in full retreat. It's why Lambert makes an impact in the last 10 minutes, but has made no impact when he has started. Different mentalities. Different conditions

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Well. I suppose that it's probably our best 6 attacking players so it shouldn't be a disaster.

Away from home, even to a team with Newcastle's home form, a scrappy win by keeping it level or us up by 1 until 60 and then putting on the players required to win the game isn't necessarily a problem.

Can, Borini and Lallana are great options to have on the bench.

Still though. Meh. It's not even that the results have been disastrous. We've just looked boring as **** with 1 up top.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Daemonic

The end of games are very different from the beginnings. The opposition tend to be in full retreat. It's why Lambert makes an impact in the last 10 minutes, but has made no impact when he has started. Different mentalities. Different conditions
    Fair point but I'd like to see us try 2 up top and have the opposition in full retreat from minute 1 like we did so effectively last season. Blow them away early.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Daemonic wrote: »
    Fair point but I'd like to see us try 2 up top and have the opposition in full retreat from minute 1 like we did so effectively last season. Blow them away early.

There's no reason why the front 6 out there can't do that. It's mentality, confidence, form. It's not the number of strikers imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Interesting point from BT Sports - It's mental that the stats from last season have remained the same in some respects :

155172d.jpg

Borini plays very well up top midweek and is benched. And then we revert to 1 up top which we have struggled with all season.

Bizzare

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

No Markovic at all, Borini earned his spot on the bench at least. Hopefully Marko reacts the right way to being dropped.

I wouldn't have started Coutinho TBH, rewarding a very frustrating performance midweek.

• Advertisement

£45m of new signings on the bench or not in the match day squad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

£45m of new signings on the bench or not in the match day squad.

Not a big deal tbh, every team with any kind of aspirations will have costly players on the bench.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Not a big deal tbh, every team with any kind of aspirations will have costly players on the bench.

Given how insipid the team have been it is a big deal IMO. Fault all on the transfer committee no doubt.

I would expect our two (Lallana & Markovic) most expensive signings of the summer to be first team starters not squad players to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭jasonb

Fieldog wrote: »
    Interesting point from BT Sports - It's mental that the stats from last season have remained the same in some respects :

155172d.jpg

Interesting Stats alright, but do they have to persist with the Suarez v Balotelli comparisons? It's just really lazy, Balotelli was clearly not brought in to 'replace' Suarez.

Another, more depressing stat... Of our three fit strikers, none of them have scored a league goal this season, and only Balotelli has scored at all...

J.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Coutinho is getting a bit of space in this.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

This is dreadful

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Not even watching the game and I'm frustrated just checking twitter seeing what's happening.

This type of football is the polar opposite to last season, boring and shyte.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Johnson pulled out of another 50/50 challenge leading to that.

Rodgers needs to take a long hard look at his tactics his team set up etc etc the players look like they haven't a clue how to play football anymore.:mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Johnson is a disgrace. Our defence is a shambles. Midfield terrible. When did we turn into a long ball team?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,979 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

This type of football is the polar opposite to last season, boring and shyte.
    And the reason for that is quite obvious which is Luis Suarez.

Last season you had a player who was always available and looking to make something happen. Its a very special talent and Liverpool have nobody doing that now. Sterling tries to do it but playing out on the right side makes it very hard for him. Imo he needs to be more central where he can create and be more involved.

When you take a great player out of a team you need to try and replace all he has done as best you can. Liverpool haven't come close to replacing the goals he scored but more importantly they have nobody who can get on the ball and create chances.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

We're really living up to Warrior's slogan at least.
    "We Come Not To Play"

Mig, Johnson and Skrtel need removing from the team asap. The former two especially are complete liabilities.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭kevohmsford

The main problem is our midfield at the moment. Not winning the ball and keeping it.

JohnsonSkrtelMignoletRodgersTacticsistheman.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

Sterling is absolutely wasted where he is. Manager is making bad decisions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

Rodgers is really starting to worry me.

Specifically that he is stubbornly persisting with what clearly isn't working, and hasn't worked over multiple games.

The tactics and set up are bizarre. Slowly but surely he's undoing all the goodwill he built up last season.

eagle eye wrote: »
    And the reason for that is quite obvious which is Luis Suarez.

Last season you had a player who was always available and looking to make something happen. Its a very special talent and Liverpool have nobody doing that now. Sterling tries to do it but playing out on the right side makes it very hard for him. Imo he needs to be more central where he can create and be more involved.

When you take a great player out of a team you need to try and replace all he has done as best you can. Liverpool haven't come close to replacing the goals he scored but more importantly they have nobody who can get on the ball and create chances.

We bought the polar opposite to Luis.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Raif Severance

Why are we doing this?

Everyone and their Mother knows that Balo cannot play as the Lone Striker.

So why are we Persisting with it?

Why are we doing this?

Everyone and their Mother knows that Balo cannot play as the Lone Striker.

I think Rodgers wants it to work so much to prove he knows what he is doing.

In the longterm if he doesn't change it, It could cost him his job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Good to see Suarez getting his dues now that he has moved on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

That's the million dollar question.

Why can Rodgers not see what is right in front of him?

This is why consultants get brought into companies. Sometimes the management can be so close to a problem that they can't see the absolute obvious solutions to their issues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

There's nothing wrong with slowing the game down in a tricky away fixture. We've done a decent job of containing them.

I don't think the problem is even about taking more risks. I just don't think Henderson, Allen and Gerrard have provided anywhere near enough quality to get our attack going. Can and Lallana need to come on.

I can't really fault the tactics in this one. You can't go to Newcastle and expect to just steamroll them. Certainly not with the players we have available.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

This is shocking stuff.
    I've seen more excitement at a feckin Daniel O'Donnell gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Raif Severance

Gbear wrote: »
    There's nothing wrong with slowing the game down in a tricky away fixture. We've done a decent job of containing them.

I don't think the problem is even about taking more risks. I just don't think Henderson, Allen and Gerrard have provided anywhere near enough quality to get our attack going. Can and Lallana need to come on.

I can't really fault the tactics in this one. You can't go to Newcastle and expect to just steamroll them. Certainly not with the players we have available.

Allen cannot simply Create, when he's already been the one providing the Tackles and the Protection.

Which makes you Question, what Gerrard's Job is on the Field, if Allen is the one doing the Job Description of his Position? Is he simply the Quarterback?

It's a 90 mins game... Plenty of time left and Newcastle aren't looking at all dangerous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

We really are quite shíte.

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭hadoken13

Absolute ****. I just turned it off as I can't stomach any more - what an inept performance again. I wonder what excuses Rodgers will have this time (if they lose).

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement