Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Note in OP, 1/09

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Gerrard isn't the issue. Far more pressing problems tbh.

Exactly. Gerrard & Balotelli were likely our best two players today which sums up the problems we have.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,279 ✭✭✭slingerz

How slow were Liverpool today.

Badly need a player that can control the tempo of the game and get around the pitch

Gerrard, Allen, Henderson are not good enough in the middle of the pitch. Most important part of the pitch and where they need to be strongest.

And the bloody defenders....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Balotelli needs to have someone beside him up top, Rodgers still hasn't copped this.

If we don't make top 4, FSG will sack Rodgers regardless of how stupid some people think it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,279 ✭✭✭slingerz

Mr Alan wrote: »
    Exactly. Gerrard & Balotelli were likely our best two players today which sums up the problems we have.

Balotelli was def not in the top 2 of our players today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

That's the first time i've seen Liverpool for 90 minutes this season. I was shocked at how abject and disinterested they were.

Something stinks really badly. The body language of the players, something is badly, badly wrong there.

It can't all be Suarez.

Balotelli is just a scapegoat. He was better then a lot of Liverpool players today.

That being said, we should have had at least one red card so who knows what happens if the referee did his job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Really worrying when our heavily criticised goalkeeper was our MOTM today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Moneymaker wrote: »
    That's the first time i've seen Liverpool for 90 minutes this season. I was shocked at how abject and disinterested they were.

Something stinks really badly. The body language of the players, something is badly, badly wrong there.

It can't all be Suarez.

Balotelli is just a scapegoat. He was better then a lot of Liverpool players today.

That being said, we should have had at least one red card so who knows what happens if the referee did his job.

Probably two red cards but I still think Liverpool would have lost.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭kevohmsford

I cannot understand why Rodgers won't pick his strongest team.Lallana should be playing. He should know his best 11 at this stage. We have Real Madrid and Chelsea next but I am sure he will be judged on our league position.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

what is happening to us? we canct score nor keep a clean sheet. were going downhill big time :(

rodgers should be worried for his job. HIS signings are flopping. HIS tactics are not working. i cant believe how different we are from last season!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Dressing room?

martyos121 wrote: »

He made one decent save. He is shocking poor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

Stargate wrote: »
    Problem is , we have Madrid and Chelsea next , can't see it getting any better anytime soon . He hasn't learnt anything since the start of the season.

Playing ONE upfront is nuts .

I wouldnt be surprised if he rested Lallana for Madrid away. That's how naive i think Rodgers actually might be. If he is going to play the game of playing the same stuff week after week in the hope of turning it around we will be nowhere near CL football next season, we will be too far back and relying on collapses elsewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Blondie919

Probably two red cards but I still think Liverpool would have lost.

Agree with this. We never looked like scoring or winning. Absolute shocking display.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

And to the people throwing their nose up at the Carling Cup and playing in the Europa League this week, that's the best we'll be getting this year the way we're playing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Nothing about this Liverpool team atm. No pressing, afraid to take chances in midfield, lack of running off the ball, scattered defending and limp forward line. In a strange way the next two games could get the season back on track but definitely the biggest test in Rodgers managerial career now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

Remember how smug everyone was about how we took all Southampton's best players?

Talking about...

Nobody was smug, Lallana is a good player and should start. Lovern was one of the better CB's in the league.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Our woes this season are absolutely nothing to do with Balotelli

lol, what? Our woes are hugely to do with Balotelli and Rodgers insistence on picking him. He's completely useless as a main striker as we are basically not playing with a striker and have no one to threaten the defenders.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Sterling out wide.
    Balotelli up top on his own.
    no Lallana.

just some of Rodgers' baffling decisions, and that's only today.

to say I'm getting concerned with his performance this year is an understatement.

He's the biggest underperformer at the club right now.

• Advertisement

Brendan's teeth have lost the brightness!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,674 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

We were shocking but that was two red cards

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

"We'd almost full control of the game and got punished for one game." "We passed the ball well".

Really, really worrying stuff from his if that's how he honestly feels.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

darced wrote: »

The more i think about it the more enraged i get. He has been the only one of the new players who shows some real eagerness to succeed in his performances. Yet we end up seeing Joe Allen get muscled off the ball for 90 mins and be generally average at everything. I thought Rodgers liked ability on the ball but it makes no sense to not play Lallana if that was the case.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Rodgers has got got pretty much everything wrong this season. Formation, tactics, signings, the lot. Unlucky with the Sturridge injuries but players get injured all the time. That's what a squad is meant to be for and we were meant to have a decent one this season.

Rest of the season really has become Rodgers trying to save his job already.

Rodgers says we lacked a little bit in the final third & that's where we went wrong today. Pretty positive about most other things. Incredibly worrying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,797 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

"We'd almost full control of the game and got punished for one game." "We passed the ball well".

Even more worrying was how we went totally to pieces after the goal. No composure at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Liverpool really have regressed since last season,brilliant to watch last season but are terrible at the moment.
    Rodgers must take a lot of the blame,the signings he made during the summer were very poor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭mav79

When you have players like Couthino and Sterling in attack, why the hell is the ball played in the air to them so much??? Long ball after long ball only to keep losing it. Sissoko showed today what a good driving midfielder can do. He was all over the pitch and kept the ball better than any of our players.

lol, what? Our woes are hugely to do with Balotelli and Rodgers insistence on picking him. He's completely useless as a main striker as we are basically not playing with a striker and have no one to threaten the defenders.

Ours woes are mostly to do with an awful defence and poor goalkeeper. We have conceded 13 goals already this season. Yes, we can't score either but there are players other than Balotelli that should be scoring.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Id love if rodgers just called a spade a spade and said we are ****e

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Minutes silence for us I think.

I would be giving Madrid and Chelsea walkovers next week. At least then they will only get 3 nil victories.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

martyos121 wrote: »

Was he? flapping at crosses again, not great with the ball at his feet and again you could question the goal we conceded, right down the middle of the goal.

Moreno was terrible today - do we have another dodgy left-back on our hands? I think Lovren and Johnson's unreliability have been well-documented this season, I hope Lovren will still come good but I'd let Johnson go in January.

Sakho, Flanagan and Sturridge - please hurry back, we are an absolute shambles

Markovic not even on the bench today, another in our long list of 20 million duds - he looks like a younger version of Downing, just doesn't have the bottle to play for a big club.

This so-called transfer committee have a lot to answer for but with each passing game I think it's growing ever more obvious how dependent we were on Suarez last season, a massive loss and when you look at the replacements for him - Lambert and Balotelli, then really that tells you everything you need to know. Despite CL, despite having lots of cash we failed to attract really top quality players and we are paying for it and will pay for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Rodgers needs to be rested for several games, clear his head which is quite obviously all over the place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

We looked completely comfortable other than two chances caused by Moreno ****ing things up.

We were solid and composed in the first 2/3rds of the pitch.

We lacked quality on the ball to take the ball from midfield into attack.

The puzzling thing is that we have two players on the bench in Can and Lallana who're very good at that and they didn't get a sniff.

It's a much better excuse from Rodgers if he'd actually done something about it.

Instead he sticks on Ricky Lambert. That's fine if we're camped outside their box and just can't break a team down. It's utterly useless when we're not creating any build-up play at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Sounds like Houllier or Rafa's final seasons when they kept insisting we were controlling games but when you looked at the scoreboard we had lost.

We didn't have control (apart from maybe about 20 minutes early in the 2nf half) and we especially did not pass the ball well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Does someone want to let Kerrigooney know the result...I can't willingly let him sit through that.
    Why do we have to sit through that and Kerrigooney miss it? Not fair at all. Tell him it was a great game and he will be hurrying home:D

Blondie919 wrote: »
    Ours woes are mostly to do with an awful defence and poor goalkeeper. We have conceded 13 goals already this season. Yes, we can't score either but there are players other than Balotelli that should be scoring.

We don't concede we still draw which is a terrible result. Goals win games, we know that from last season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,293 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Strikers need service and he is getting zero.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Stargate

5live wrote: »
    Why do we have to sit through that and Kerrigooney miss it? Not fair at all. Tell him it was a great game and he will be hurrying home:D

Tell him it was another 3-4 :D

• Advertisement

rob316 wrote: »
    Strikers need service and he is getting zero.

Maybe if he stayed in the box he'd get service.

If Rodgers believes what he's saying, we're actually in a lot of trouble, and everything rests on Sturridge. EVERYTHING.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Why, why, WHY did we not have 2 up front like we did Wednesday, why is Rodgers STILL persisting with 1 up front.

Its bloody infuriating.

We don't concede we still draw which is a terrible result. Goals win games, we know that from last season.

But we also know that a poor defence will cost you games. I have no faith in our defence. I have no faith that we will not concede.

Blondie919 wrote: »
    But we also know that a poor defence will cost you games. I have no faith in our defence. I have no faith that we will not concede.

I'd rather a poor defense cost us a league title than a poor attack cost up top 4(we'll struggle to reach top 6 at this rate).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

Rodgers says we lacked a little bit in the final third & that's where we went wrong today. Pretty positive about most other things. Incredibly worrying.

When this kind of Hodgsonesque spin is put on things you begin to wonder about the mananger, if he can't recognise how dreadful we were, if he doesn't realise there is a huge problem there then we'll carry on playing rubbish hoping Sturridge will nick us a few results when fit.

Maybe one and a half good displays this season and he seems content - he should have come out and said those performances simply aren't good enough for LFC and that he intends rectifying the malaise that seems to have permeated almost every facet of our play this season and if that means getting a lot of players in and out in January then so be it. These players need a rocket up their arses rather than a pat on the back for "controlling the game". When something isn't working, you fix it rather than bury your head in the sand and hope it magically repairs itself. Why are almost all our performances a depressing duplication of each other this season? I mean we all know what the definition of doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results is. I'm not suggesting that Rodgers be packed off to the looney bin but I am urging him to reconsider how we are playing, how we are set-up and who is being selected because it's simply nowhere near good enough and hearing him try to justify yet another turgid toothless showing is leading me to question his credibility.

I do find it interesting that our 3 best players were:

1. Gerrard - I thought he was past it?
    2. Balotelli - I thought he didn't care?
    3. Borini - we tried to sell him.

If I hear Rodgers talk about transition one more time I'll fly over there and slap him myself.

are Southampton not in transition too?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

Koeman in next summer please; Rodgers is just looking increasingly gormless.

• Advertisement

sabat wrote: »
    Koeman in next summer please; Rodgers is just looking increasingly gormless.

We wasted enough money in Southampton!

Klopp please if Rodgers is to lose his job that is.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement