Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Note in OP, 1/09

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    One on one with the keeper, there are few players i'd trust more than Sturridge.

Agreed, when he is one on one with the keeper he is as cool as ice and he seems to have this uncanny knack of firing a remarkably accurate shot low into the corner of the goal, I remember a few of his one on ones last season where his shot almost hit the post on the way in and I had thought at first that he was a bit lucky. But then he scored other similar goals one on one and its not luck that was doing it, it has became evident that the lad has some serious skill at beating an on rushing keeper and keeping his shot on target. Interestingly I cant seem to ever remember him taking the ball around the keeper, maybe its because he backs himself so much to not have to as he's confident in scoring with a shot past the keeper every time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

If Sturridge isn't a top striker I don't know who is to be honest. Bizarrely he still seems to be underrated by many.

36 goals in 50 games for Liverpool. He has a better scoring record in that time than Rush, Fowler, Owen, Suarez, etc.

Amazing consistency and regularity in scoring as well. Doesn't score in bunches like some strikers who get 2 or 3 but then don't score for a while. He has just one hat-trick and has scored two or more goals in just five games - but he finds the target in lots of matches.

He also outstrips Falcao (30 goals in his last half-century of appearances), Benzema (24 goals in his last 50 matches) and Cavani (32 goals in last 50).

If I'm honest I underestimated him last year, but probably based on Saurez and how he just outshone everyone.

I've looked closer at him in the past few weeks and boy has he some moves, his footwork is stunning and the pass with the outside of his left foot for the sterling goal was magic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

mosstin wrote: »
    A man who not only signs himself off on his posts but who also answers his own questions. Bravo. I bet you never need to leave the house.

Oooohhhh, who stole the jam out of your doughnut? Were you up past your bedtime last night mossy?

Ben

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭Underpaid Mike

Just thinking about yesterday and the fact that we didnt sign a goalie or sell borini and I have to say deep down im delighted. We now have a front 4 of Sturridge Balotelli Lambert and Borini. That is serious firepower and three of them are lightening quick while Lambert allows for a battering ram approach should we need it.

Compared to our rivals here are our strikers
    jxmMbjr.jpg

Im also happy we didnt sign Romeo as our goalie. Valdes signing next month would be a great coo, he is only 32 and easily has 3 season left in him. He was the standout goalie in Spain for two seasons until 2012 when he lost form and then eventually got that horrible injury. A new start could be just what both he and Liverpool need.

Just reading this about Balotellis performance against Spurs, stats are pretty awful but I thought he actually played very well. Worked harder than he ever did at City and is obviously rusty but he will get endless chances with Liverpool in front of goal. Cannot wait until he gets his shooting boots on.

Balotelli Statistics
    Minutes Played – 61
    Shots – 5
    Shots on Target – 1
    Take Ons – 1
    Passes – 16
    Passing Accuracy – 50%

SHOT MAP: Mario Balotelli had 5 shots in the first half. 4 off target.
    BwXqYlYIMAA4-SX.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

So, the window -

Defence - Excellent work overall, what appears to be 3 new starters, giving us an entirely new back 5 in the last 12 months. Choice of 2 solid players in each position, although keeper competition is definately on the cards.
    A touch of class letting Agger go back to Brondby, moving on some fat in Reina, Kelly and Robinson, and smart loans for Coates, Ilori and Wisdom.
    Midfield - Added some steel in Can, and creativity in Lallana. Henderson, Coutinho and Allen are still young and improving. Some questioned the need for a better DM, but since Stevie will play there most weeks, Lucas will be cover there. Still maybe short of a player overall, but we can address that in Jan or 2015, as Stevie starts to recede.
    Loans for Assaidi (again), Alberto, Ibe and Teix.
    Attack - A potentially great move in Balotelli, if we can harness that energy the right way, along with some spark in Markovic and experience in Lambert. Borini returns from loan and WILL be used when the games start rolling. Maybe he can do a Henderson, and go from "almost gone" to "key player" with hard work and focus on where he needs to improve. We bought him for a reason, and other clubs also see his potential. Origi to come in next season, another player with pace and trickery.

Overall - 8/10. A big name midfielder to take some weight of Stevie would have gone down well, but maybe Lallana can do that. Not sure who our long term RB is, but at least we have good options. And we need Lovren and Sakho to forge a good partnership. But given the parcity of players in the market and us remaining behind many of them in terms of attractiveness, we did very well. And for a change, we didn't get screwed over too badly! Balotelli, Moreno and Origi were all great deals. And given the money we got for Suarez, we should have lots of money to spend in Jan and next year!

Dickerty wrote: »
    So, the window -

Defence - Excellent work overall, what appears to be 3 new starters, giving us an entirely new back 5 in the last 12 months. Choice of 2 solid players in each position, although keeper competition is definately on the cards.
    A touch of class letting Agger go back to Brondby, moving on some fat in Reina, Kelly and Robinson, and smart loans for Coates, Ilori and Wisdom.
    Midfield - Added some steel in Can, and creativity in Lallana. Henderson, Coutinho and Allen are still young and improving. Some questioned the need for a better DM, but since Stevie will play there most weeks, Lucas will be cover there. Still maybe short of a player overall, but we can address that in Jan or 2015, as Stevie starts to recede.
    Loans for Assaidi (again), Alberto, Ibe and Teix.
    Attack - A potentially great move in Balotelli, if we can harness that energy the right way, along with some spark in Markovic and experience in Lambert. Borini returns from loan and WILL be used when the games start rolling. Maybe he can do a Henderson, and go from "almost gone" to "key player" with hard work and focus on where he needs to improve. We bought him for a reason, and other clubs also see his potential. Origi to come in next season, another player with pace and trickery.

Overall - 8/10. A big name midfielder to take some weight of Stevie would have gone down well, but maybe Lallana can do that. Not sure who our long term RB is, but at least we have good options. And we need Lovren and Sakho to forge a good partnership. But given the parcity of players in the market and us remaining behind many of them in terms of attractiveness, we did very well. And for a change, we didn't get screwed over too badly! Balotelli, Moreno and Origi were all great deals. And given the money we got for Suarez, we should have lots of money to spend in Jan and next year!

To be honest I can see Coutinho doing that role very well in time. He has adapted to the pace of the premiership and when he gets a little more consistency I think that role would suit him very well. Same is true for Joe Allen if he stops the repeated cheap fouling.

Compared to our rivals here are our strikers
    jxmMbjr.jpg

On paper, United have the best 3, but they need to get the best out of them.
    Chelsea did well to get Remy, I hope we don't regret that, but will rely heavily on Costa. But I am very happy with ours, and it also ignores Borini, and the fact that Raheem plays as a pseudo-striker, and has already scored twice.

If I had to rate them -

1. United - 3 strikers capable of scoring 20 in a season
    2. City - Aguero's injuries aside, all 3 are capable of scoring regularly
    3. Us - 1 proven, 1 huge potential, 1 experienced & good from the bench
    4. Chelsea - Great first choice, but quality drops after that, cannot afford to lose Costa
    5. Arsenal - Even with Giroud, it's the weakest, Alexis will need to chip in.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Happy with our window, I do feel we have missed a trick with Di Maria and Falcao, but I guess realistically we could never afford them (esp falcao).

P. S. Damn this international break!

To be honest I can see Coutinho doing that role very well in time. He has adapted to the pace of the premiership and when he gets a little more consistency I think that role would suit him very well. Same is true for Joe Allen if he stops the repeated cheap fouling.

Yes I agree, and Coutinho will have spells where he is like Silva or Hazard.
    But at some point, we need someone to really control the midfield - when defending, when attacking, whether chasing the game or defending the lead. Stevie does that, maybe Hendo can, but in the next year we need to replace Stevie, and it's going to be a huge decision...

• Advertisement

Yes I agree, and Coutinho will have spells where he is like Silva or Hazard.
    But at some point, we need someone to really control the midfield - when defending, when attacking, whether chasing the game or defending the lead. Stevie does that, maybe Hendo can, but in the next year we need to replace Stevie, and it's going to be a huge decision...

You could also argue that if Lovern lives up to his potential then it might eliminate the need to have such a deep lying midfielder capable of starting attacks. We could instead go for a more traditional midfielder in the position such as Can and that would be a role Coutinho can play very well. Exciting times

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

I meant to post this last night :P

bXtEiIJl.jpg

Good interview with Enrique and how he is happy to fight for his place

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-fc-left-back-enrique-knows-7704386

Good interview with Enrique and how he is happy to fight for his place

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-fc-left-back-enrique-knows-7704386

I think he'll be a useful bench option. He linked very well with Coutinho in the 5 months after the latter arrived, created a few goals. So when we need real width on the left, he can give that while also protecting Moreno. As Hendo can do on the right.

When he's fit, he's a solid squad player.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭taidghbaby

I think he'll be a useful bench option. He linked very well with Coutinho in the 5 months after the latter arrived, created a few goals. So when we need real width on the left, he can give that while also protecting Moreno. As Hendo can do on the right.

When he's fit, he's a solid squad player.

Not forgetting those magnificent guns!!

It may have already been mentioned here but the difference in sturridge (albeit in a very small sample size) when he has someone up top with him is huge! He is really not a target man at all but when he can drift wide and drop deep and then get turned and running at opposition defences he is very very dangerous IMO!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Suso has been quite overlooked! He'll be star for the U21s along will Borini this season :)

Seriously I hope he gets a few cups games and is then loaned when the League window opens.

• Advertisement

Suso has been quite overlooked! He'll be star for the U21s along will Borini this season :)

Seriously I hope he gets a few cups games and is then loaned when the League window opens.

I am sure they were both told that their games will be limited, but I can understand them not wanting to leave Liverpool - it's all downhill from there!
    I hope Borini gets the head down and earns his place in the side occasionaly. I don't know where Suso fits in, maybe as cover for injuries and in cup games?
    I don't think he's going to get a sniff...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Our 2014 summer window. Fees are appox and nicked from another fan site

Players IN:

Rickie Lambert – Forward – Southampton – £4m
    Emre Can – Midfielder – Bayer Leverkusen – £10m
    Adam Lallana – Midfielder – Southampton – £25m
    Lazar Markovic – Forward/Winger – Benfica – £20m
    Dejan Lovren – Defender – Southampton – £20m
    Divock Origi – Forward – Lille – £10m
    Javier Manquillo – Right-back – Atletico Madrid – Loan
    Alberto Moreno – Left-back – Sevilla – £12m
    Mario Balotelli – Forward – AC Milan – £16m

Spent: £117m

Players OUT:

Luis Suarez – Barcelona – £75m
    Conor Coady – Huddersfield £375k
    Pepe Reina – Bayern Munich – £2m
    Martin Kelly – Crystal Palace – £2m
    Kris Peterson – FC Utrecht – NA
    Jack Robinson – QPR – £1m
    Daniel Agger – Brondby – £3m
    Kristian Adorjan – Novara Calcio – NA

Received: £83.375m

LOANED:

Luis Alberto – Malaga CF – Season Loan
    Iago Aspas – Sevilla – Season Loan
    Andre Wisdom – West Brom – Season Loan
    Rafa Paez – Bologna – Season Loan
    Divock Origi – Lille – Season Loan
    Tiago Ilori – Bordeaux – Season Loan
    Brad Smith – Swindon Town – Season Loan
    Joao Carlos Teixeira – Brighton – Season Loan
    Jordon Ibe – Derby County – Season Loan
    Sebastian Coates – Sunderland – Season Loan
    Ousamma Assaidi – Stoke City – Season Loan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,929 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Two players or more to cover every postition on the pitch I'm not sure we have ever had a squad that strong in the PL era.

Kess73 wrote: »
    Luis Alberto – Will be sold to Spain next summer
    Iago Aspas – Will be sold to Spain next summer
    Andre Wisdom – Will be sold to an English team next summer
    Rafa Paez – Will be sold abroad next summer
    Divock Origi – Squad player next season
    Tiago Ilori – Squad player next season
    Brad Smith – Another loan next season
    Joao Carlos Teixeira – Will be sold abroad next summer
    Jordon Ibe – Squad player next season
    Sebastian Coates – Will be sold abroad next summer
    Ousamma Assaidi – Sold next season

My opinion on these. Basically, only Origi, Ilori, Smith and Ibe to be retained.

Have to be quicker than that. :)
    IN

Rickie Lambert
    Emre Can
    Adam Lallana
    Lazar Markovic
    Dejan Lovren
    Divock Origi
    Alberto Moreno
    Mario Balotelli
    Javi Manquillo
    Loan

OUT

Sales or released

D. Agger
    Brøndby € 4M
    Pepe Reina
    Bayern München € 3M
    C. Coady
    Huddersfield N/A
    L. Suárez
    Barcelona € 81M
    J. Sokolik
    Yeovil Free
    J. Robinson
    QPR N/A
    K. Peterson
    Utrecht N/A
    M. Ngoo
    Kilmarnock Free
    M. Kelly
    Crystal-Palace N/A
    K. Adorján
    Novara N/A

Loans

O Assaidi
    Stoke Loan
    S. Coates
    Sunderland Loan
    J. Ibe
    Derby Loan
    D. Origi
    Lille Loan
    A. Wisdom
    West Bromwich Loan
    Iago Aspas
    Sevilla Loan
    Luis Alberto
    Málaga Loan
    B. Smith
    Swindon Loan
    Rafa Páez
    Bologna Loan
    Tiago Ilori
    Bordeaux Loan
    João Teixeira----Brighton Loan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 606 ✭✭✭Seamu$

Players IN:

Players OUT:

Net spend :eek: £33.625m

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 606 ✭✭✭Seamu$

My opinion on these. Basically, only Origi, Ilori, Smith and Ibe to be retained.

I think Wisdom and Teix are good enough to be squad players at least as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Swap Smith with Tex - I think we'll keep one of Tex & Suso and tbqh it looks like Suso will run down his contract

Wouldnt' be suprised to see Wisdom kept too - he's a solid player who'd be a very good squad player

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

D'Agger wrote: »
    Swap Smith with Tex - I think we'll keep one of Tex & Suso and tbqh it looks like Suso will run down his contract

Wouldnt' be suprised to see Wisdom kept too - he's a solid player who'd be a very good squad player

Jimmy Tex has been quality so far for Brighton, lets hope he keeps it up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Tangatagamadda Chaddabinga Bonga Bungo

Players IN:

Players OUT:

LOANED:

Luis Alberto – Malaga CF – Season Loan
    Iago Aspas – Sevilla – Season Loan
    Andre Wisdom – West Brom – Season Loan
    Rafa Paez – Bologna – Season Loan
    Divock Origi – Lille – Season Loan
    Tiago Ilori – Bordeaux – Season Loan
    Brad Smith – Swindon Town – Season Loan
    Joao Carlos Teixeira – Brighton – Season Loan
    Jordon Ibe – Derby County – Season Loan
    Sebastian Coates – Sunderland – Season Loan
    Ousamma Assaidi – Stoke City – Season Loan

Can we include the £1 million fee we got for Assaidi. Did we get fees for any other of the loanees?

If we had managed to sell Assaidi, Borini and Coates we could have gotten closer to an even net send which would have been incredibe considering we have now got a full squad of players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Weve pretty much upgraded all our outgoing players bar suarez and also upgraded on current squad players early days obviously but i think so. Really looking forward to the season now, shame tis international break.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,207 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Danny welbeck 26 games for sunderland and he scored 6 goals . Danny Sturrigde at bolton 12 games played and he scored 8 goals . That says it all to me they would have been played in their preferred positions at a young age and Sturrigde shined for Bolton while welbeck wasn't great at all .

I'm not saying Wellbeck is better than Sturridge, I don't think he is. But stats are not everything. I remember Wellbeck being really good at Sunderland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

For me Sturridge is the in form striker in the prem over the last 2 seasons, I wouldnt swap him for anyone on the fact that his return is spectacularly consistent for Liverpool.

I think the international break might be good for Balotelli, 2 more weeks with BR telling him he is a lovely boy will make him feel all warm and fuzzy. 2 more weeks fitness and sharpness, no harm. Might help Gerrard too, I think the fact that he isnt involved was messing with his head a bit, looked subdued and slightly awkward when asked about not being involved. If he does indeed get away for a short break I think he might come back refreshed and ready to go.

Should have enough to get past Villa, Hull were absolutely appalling against them. Flattered a mediocre enough side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭RoboRat

First post on the soccer forum but been looking at the LFC thread for a long time! I really think that lallana could be as good as a young Stevie G but with a more sensible head for the pass. He has bags of energy, creativity and an eye for goal and a pass and also has great endurance. If you had him and Hendo in Mid rotating as the holding player it could cause massive problems.

I also think that we could have the quickest team in the PL, which combined with the creativity will cause no end of problems. I think the BR has been extremely sensible in his purchases and by not buying a marquee signing, he has kept the team balanced - no huge egos causing unrest in the dressing room.

Balotelli could be immense and he reminds me of what Suarez was when he arrived (albeit Suarez was always a workhorse). If BR and his staff manage to reign in Ballotelli and get him to focus on his game, he could be a magnificent signing.

Really happy with the business done and loaning out out prospects rather than selling was a masterstroke.

I am pie wrote: »
    For me Sturridge is the in form striker in the prem over the last 2 seasons, I wouldnt swap him for anyone on the fact that his return is spectacularly consistent for Liverpool.

I think the international break might be good for Balotelli, 2 more weeks with BR telling him he is a lovely boy will make him feel all warm and fuzzy. 2 more weeks fitness and sharpness, no harm. Might help Gerrard too, I think the fact that he isnt involved was messing with his head a bit, looked subdued and slightly awkward when asked about not being involved. If he does indeed get away for a short break I think he might come back refreshed and ready to go.

Should have enough to get past Villa, Hull were absolutely appalling against them. Flattered a mediocre enough side.

Two weeks of Mario being in Liveprool and not having to join up with the Italian squad will do him the power of good. I dont want to jinx it but how likely is it that Sturridge gets injured while on England duty? God I hate international breaks, bloody nightmare.

Villa at home then West Ham away is a very VERY winnable 6 points. Goal or two for Mario would put the icing on the cake

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

Have to say when you consider we lost our best player this window, this has arguably been one of the best transfer windows I can remember.

I hope Ballotelli can continue like he did at Spurs (with the added shooting boots). That whole deal looks better and better when you look at Arsenal signing Welbeck for the same fee and a reported 100k a week.

Have we ever had this strength in depth before? For all the criticism Ian Ayre takes, he did really well this Summer. All our targets pretty much signed and no panic on deadline day.

I think we would all like to improve our keeper options and have someone to compete with Mignolet but strong rumours that we will sign Valdes around November. Good keeper, used of having the ball at his feet and great experience.

I am not overly upset that we couldn't move Borini on either. He is a good 4th choice option but we will probably never get 12-14 million for him again unless he moves on loan somewhere in January and preforms like he did last season.

Lucas still here too and can't say im disappointed. Will provide cover for Gerrard in that defensive role if need be.

All in all very happy. Such a difference in our squad from last year and this.

I think Suso will do that, no point in signing a new deal when he hasn't even made the 18 yet. As for Teix, I think he is just like Suso - ultimately not going to cut it at this level, will end up at a middling Europa team.

I agree, but with Manquillo and Flanagan, and McLoughlin behind, I can't see how he fits in unless he converts to CB. He's not a pacy attacking FB like Rodgers prefers. And he'd command a good fee, and deserves to be a PL starter. I think he''ll do a Steven Warnock, have a good PL career without being at a top club...

Can we include the £1 million fee we got for Assaidi. Did we get fees for any other of the loanees?

If we had managed to sell Assaidi, Borini and Coates we could have gotten closer to an even net send which would have been incredibe considering we have now got a full squad of players.

Think His was the only loan fee of note we received, and we paid out a loan fee to get Manquillo in.

I'm not saying Wellbeck is better than Sturridge, I don't think he is. But stats are not everything. I remember Wellbeck being really good at Sunderland.

Think Welbeck is a player who may have a Sturridge-esque explosions of goals this season if he gets the game time. He is not on Sturridge's level atm, but he may well get there or very close to it.

Was surprised to read this morning that his conversion rate last season was the exact same as that of Sturridge. Both of them came in at 25% give or take.

Seamu$ wrote: »

Which we probably cover only from the new deals from Garuda, Dunkin and others, never mind the prize money from last year and new TV money.
    Yes, our wage bill would have gone up, but we did remove Suarez, Agger & Reina , which is about 350/400M a week...

Seamu$ wrote: »

And if we had gotten full market value for Agger and if Broini & Assaidi hadn't stalled on wages it could have been under £10m

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

Which we probably cover only from the new deals from Garuda, Dunkin and others, never mind the prize money from last year and new TV money.
    Yes, our wage bill would have gone up, but we did remove Suarez, Agger & Reina , which is about 350/400M a week...

and here I thought Falcaos wages were bad! :eek:

Was surprised to read this morning that his conversion rate last season was the exact same as that of Sturridge. Both of them came in at 25% give or take.

Was Sturridge's that low? I only seem to remember him scoring, not missing!
    My selective memory is doing an EXCELLENT job... :D

Arsenal probably needed to keep an eye on their HG quota as well -

Szczesny
    Gibbs
    Wilshere
    Ramsey
    Walcott
    Welbeck

Any others?

My selective memory is doing an EXCELLENT job
    ... :D

Szczesny
    Gibbs
    Wilshere
    Ramsey
    Walcott
    Welbeck

Any others?

Yep 25% was his average for the season. Then again, he is not afraid to have a crack on goal and will try from all sorts of angles and distances.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

And if we had gotten full market value for Agger and if Broini & Assaidi hadn't stalled on wages it could have been under £10m

I am fine with that net spend to be honest.

Between us here on boards we could hardly agree on a 40/50m striker. The business we did was decent and already showing dividends.

Loads of scope for a nice fat signing in January (prays for terrible Dortmund season).

Loads of scope for a nice fat signing in January (prays for terrible Dortmund season).

Next summer - Muller, Draxler, Reus, Hummels and Pogba. Simples.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

I think Neuer will want to sign for us too. Pepe will go and force him out of the starting lineup. Aboy the Rodge, you genius.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

My selective memory is doing an EXCELLENT job... :D

Szczesny
    Gibbs
    Wilshere
    Ramsey
    Walcott
    Welbeck

Any others?

No that's it, 6. So they have a squad of 23 instead of 25 + unlimited under 21 players (likes of Chambers, Yaya, Ox)

Fizman wrote: »
    I think Neuer will want to sign for us too. Pepe will go and force him out of the starting lineup. Aboy the Rodge, you genius.

And Suarez will upset Messi sufficiently...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

What position does simples play?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

Don't rate Simples, think he's a bit slow and prone to injury.

8-10 wrote: »
    No that's it, 6. So they have a squad of 23 instead of 25 + unlimited under 21 players (likes of Chambers, Yaya, Ox)

I thought do, similar to us with Raheem, Markovic, Manquillo, Can and Suso all U21, and we still have Johnson, Jones, Flanagan, Stevie, Hendo, Lallana, Lambert and Allen...

I honestly would like to see the club try for Neuer next season.

I would have no problem breaking Buffon's record.

Now I know the likelihood of it happening would be slim.

Maybe just maybe Neuer would want a new challenge after winning everything in the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭ebbsy

D'ont worry about Utd buying all those players, its like putting lipstick on a pig.

You can't polish a turd..........

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement