Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Note in OP, 1/09

1195196197198199201»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

First media focused article that I have seen on his transfer record just appeared. This is the start of the storm that is coming his way unless things turn around quick.

https://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/pitchside-europe/£215-2m-spent-and-two-hits--deconstructing-brendan-rodgers--awful-transfer-record-at-liverpool-125059097.html

Emre Can is a miss? :pac:

Coutinhio was pretty important in some big games last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Coutinhio was pretty important in some big games last year.

Meh, he was very poor for large stretches of the season too. I like him as a player, but he wasn't one of our key players last season IMO

He had some big moments, but so did Skrtel!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

something I didn't realise...

In 20 of the 22 games Rodgers' Liverpool has achieved a clean sheet in the League (Liverpool have played 58 games under Rodgers), Agger played in 20 of them.

wow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

We waited 5 years to get back to the champions league. the minute we qualified we should have purchased 3 champions league proven quality players.
    We didn't and now we are playing like a team with no direction.
    It's a team of average.

If Rogers does not get 4th he should be sacked. simple as.

Mr Alan wrote: »
    This is the funny thing.

Of Rodgers signings, only Sturridge made a really significant contribution to our second place finish. The main reason for second was Suarez, Gerrard, Sterling & Henderson (who Rodgers wanted rid of for £2.5m iirc)

Source for the wage bill please.

Where are we on transfer spend. Surely that should be considered? When assessing the efficiency with which a teams finances are being utilised?

It really sounds like your saying we're doing about as well as could be expected in the transfer market?!

Countinho did pretty well last season.

It should be considered, not sure where we are. I doubt we are miles ahead of United, Chelsea, city or Arsenal though if you included net spend.

Are you really saying we have a higher wage bill than United, City, Chelsea, Arsenal?

I'm not saying it's be as well as can be expected, I don't think it's been horrendous either though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭JohnDaniels

Emre Can is a miss? :pac:

The article is terrible overall but the point is that the media knifes are sharping for him.

SlickRic wrote: »
    something I didn't realise...

In 20 of the 22 games Rodgers' Liverpool has achieved a clean sheet in the League (Liverpool have played 58 games under Rodgers), Agger played in 20 of them.

wow.

I pointed out numerous times last year that our best defensive performances ALWAYS came with Agger in the side.

I'm not saying it's be as well as can be expected, I don't think it's been horrendous either though.

Just for absolute clarity, you don't think our record in the transfer market has been horrendous under Rodgers.....?

Mr Alan wrote: »
    Just for absolute clarity, you don't think our record in the transfer market has been horrendous under Rodgers.....?

No. Just for clarity sake, why do you insist on playing Rodgers for the transfer when it's all done by committee?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

The clubs transfer record as a whole, has been dire for the last number of years
    sure even Benitez's last few signings were muck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Steve Nicol has been having his say.
    The former Anfield star believes manager Brendan Rodgers’ tactics and the club’s new signings have to come into question following their below-par beginning to the campaign.
    “To say they’ve been a disappointment is an understatement,” Nicol told Extra Time. “[This season] has been an absolute disaster. There is only one man missing from the squad they had last year and that’s Luis Suarez, everybody else is still there.

“Something has gone wrong somewhere down the line. All this teamwork and all this chemistry they had last year has disappeared
    “The biggest question isn’t about Brendan’s tactics, which are questionable. The biggest question is actually, who is making the decisions on the signings?

http://talksport.com/football/something-has-gone-wrong-liverpool-nicol-slams-reds-tactics-and-signings-141102122249?

Pretty much what most on here have been saying.

I remember reading last month we have signed 23 players under Rodgers/Committee.

2 have been a success imo. Sturridge and Coutinhio. One is a bloody sicknote though.

2 from 23 is a poor return, less than 10%.

Obviously this summers signings are too early to fully judge, lets face it. So I'm hoping that percentage rises!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

were missing about 75% of our goals this season because were missing the 2 players who provided them,saying its the same bar suarez is rubbish

Most people would consider Sturridge missing from the squad, and a rather important piece to our team.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Steve Nicol has been having his say.

http://talksport.com/football/something-has-gone-wrong-liverpool-nicol-slams-reds-tactics-and-signings-141102122249?

Pretty much what most on here have been saying.

That's a bit unfair. We weren't able to hold onto Moses or Aspas either.

No. Just for clarity sake, why do you insist on playing Rodgers for the transfer when it's all done by committee?

Because Rodgers has himself stated catagorically that he calls the shots re:transfers

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

New, fresh thread on the way

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement