Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Note in OP, 1/09

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

The lads on the Liverpool subreddit are trying to put together some sort of gesture for Agger:
    http://www.reddit.com/r/LiverpoolFC/comments/2f61r0/just_received_a_reply_from_lfc_we_have_an_address/

One of the ideas is a whip-round for his charity, the Daniel Agger Foundation.

Not exactly sure what it does mind you. It's something to do with kids.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

http://www.thepfa.com/transferlist/listedplayers/sortbydate/-1/-1/-1/-1/premier%20league/1/

Right im bored, thats a list of free agents we can still sign. Anyone tickle peoples fancy ?

Includes people like Victor Valdes, Ronaldinho, Matthew Etherington, Abdoulaye Faye, Robert Earnshaw, Mikele Leigertwood, David Prutton, Anthony Gardner, Adam Drury, Sean St Ledger, Luke Young, Zat Knight, Peter Lovenkrands.

There's a list on Sky Sports with the best XI of free agents. Some good players on the list too, Ronaldinho, Valdes, Nilmar etc. Would've cost big money some time ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Sell him for £120m, replace him with Ibe.
    Sell Ibe for £150m in 2018.
    Simples

Is that you Arsene Wenger?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,929 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Gbear wrote: »
    The lads on the Liverpool subreddit are trying to put together some sort of gesture for Agger:
    http://www.reddit.com/r/LiverpoolFC/comments/2f61r0/just_received_a_reply_from_lfc_we_have_an_address/

One of the ideas is a whip-round for his charity, the Daniel Agger Foundation.

Not exactly sure what it does mind you. It's something to do with kids.

Is this like the Reddit charity for all those who look at the leaked naked celebrities pictures have a look then donate to a prostate cancer charity.

http://metro.co.uk/2014/09/03/charity-refuses-guilt-donations-made-by-people-who-look-at-leaked-naked-jennifer-lawrence-pictures-4855236/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Hidalgo

kfallon wrote: »
    I have faith in the managers abilities and if he was happy to let Borini leave (whom he's worked at with 2, maybe 3 different clubs) then I'm pretty sure he's not good enough for our club

The manager was also willing to let Henderson leave for a pittance. Would you have had faith in that decision or are you glad it didn't materialise and Henderson stayed to fight for his place

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭jcsoulinger

pmy.murphy wrote: »
    Past performance at a previous midtable club doesnt count for much at a massive club like Liverpool. If thats the case shouldnt Charlie Adam still be with us? On that basis you cant predict whos going to be a better option. Both could fail miserably or else Borini may do a Hendo on it and prove people wrong. If he manages to do that I cant see where Lambert will come in, I really dont see him making much of an impact. He did look rather overrawed by it in Pre-Season but thats Pre-Season I suppose. Aspas was a Pre-Season King last season and look how that turned out

But you have to use the information you have to draw conclusions, fact is Lambert got twice as many goals and more than 3 times the assists as Borini in the pl last year. IF he does a hendo that's a big IF, Borini has had chances at Liverpool he just not up to it, hope I'm proved wrong but can't see him getting game time for that to happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

This thread today, roll on Saturday week.

bmh.gif
    But we all get milkshakes too, right?

RIGHT?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

5live wrote: »

RIGHT?

I dunno, that milkshake looks a tad radioactive...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Vicxas wrote: »
    I dunno, that milkshake looks a tad radioactive...

They're the best ones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Is anyone putting themselves through the England Norway game? Sterling is doing well (starting from the left), Sturridge lively at times and the two have linked a couple of times but its all a bit porridge, not that Norway are helping of course playing rather deep.

Interesting article on midfielders below

http://statsbomb.com/2014/04/visualizing-midfielders-steven-gerrard-aaron-ramsey-arturo-vidal-and-andrea-pirlo/

And a good comparison, i think, on Gerrard and the 'average' midfielder.

Gerrard_2014_v_Average_Overlay.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,294 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Is anyone putting themselves through the England Norway game? Sterling is doing well (starting from the left), Sturridge lively at times and the two have linked a couple of times but its all a bit porridge, not that Norway are helping of course playing rather deep.

Ya there been a nice bit of link up play. Im trying to figure out does Hodgson have Henderson playing holding midfield? What a waste if he does.

Hope they ignore anything Hodgson says and don't pick up any bad habits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

I've been watching, the front 3 aren't doing anything wrong, but Rooney just can't play effectively with Sturridge and Sterling, and it's been evident since before the Euros.

I've been watching, the front 3 aren't doing anything wrong, but Rooney just can't play effectively with Sturridge and Sterling, and it's been evident since before the Euros.

Rooney is on the slide, past his peak.

I wish Sturridge and Sterling weren't involved in this pointless game tbh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭Speak Now

kfallon wrote: »
    Borini and Lambert to do a Sheringham/Solskjaer in the CL Final next May? :pac:

Zero chance!

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Zero chance!

Indeed.

100% guaranteed not to happen as the CL final is in June.

Our reserve LB in the future, Reus, just hit the post in the Germany:Argentina game. AND GOETZE SCORES....

2:4 to Argentina. That Di Maria lad plays well in blue but poorly in red, hopefully.

The best engine in the country and he has him playing holding midfield in a 442. 442 is a stone age formation.

Still trying to accommodate the "world class" wayne rooney while there best player sterling is shunted out wide.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,929 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Hodgson leaving the Liverpool players on as revenge for all the hate he gets from Liverpool fans.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

2005 final being shown on sky sports 5,just started

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭mightyreds

rob316 wrote: »
    The best engine in the country and he has him playing holding midfield in a 442. 442 is a stone age formation.

Still trying to accommodate the "world class" wayne rooney while there best player sterling is shunted out wide.

Completely different since welbeck came on much faster in attack they are all just not on the same page yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Sterling is actually England's best player now. Not just tonight but in general. So good he even looks decent in a Roy Hodgson team.

Ya sterling is now England's "rooney" they will place all there hopes and dreams in him at just 19. That's my major worry about him but thankfully we have rodgers to keep him grounded and focused.

One thing I know is he needs to be tied down to a very good contract, madrid will be out in full flight for him in the next season or 2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭bur

rob316 wrote: »
    Ya there been a nice bit of link up play. Im trying to figure out does Hodgson have Henderson playing holding midfield? What a waste if he does.

Hope they ignore anything Hodgson says and don't pick up any bad habits.

Really? I think that's where Henderson ends up for us too ultimately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

Sterling is actually England's best player now. Not just tonight but in general. So good he even looks decent in a Roy Hodgson team.

Jose to come out tomorrow and declare Rooney still their best player. Nothing to do with him of course but it's never stopped him before!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭DenMan

Wonder what that was all about between Sterling and Delph at full time!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,041 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

DenMan wrote: »

What happened?

bur wrote: »
    Really? I think that's where Henderson ends up for us too ultimately.

Isn't that a total waste of his energy, drive and attacking talent?

If the diamond is the future I see him and lallana as the two midfielders and Gerrard as the holding with him been replaced in the next year or two. Ideally I would perfer a top class partner for Henderson someone in the vidal mould but lallana would do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

DenMan wrote: »

Seemed like Sterling was giving him an earful over something.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭DenMan

Sterling seemed really annoyed over something! He was talking to Delph and in the end Delph looked confused and walked away with Sterling still talking! Something happened alright!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭pmy.murphy

England are always complaining about their team, its no wonder the team flop regularly with that sort of attitude from their fans. They won tonight yet their still complaining. I dont think I can ever remember positivity surrounding an England camp at a Major tournament

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

Hodgson in rare form after the match tonight. Asked about only 2 shots on target, he responded "Only 2 shots on target? What about the shots people threw themselves in front of?"
    Well, they wouldn't have been on target then Roy.
    It irks me that this man has any responsibility whatsoever for Sturridge, Henderson, Lambert and Sterling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭Speak Now

5starpool wrote: »
    Indeed.

100% guaranteed not to happen as the CL final is in June.

Exactly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Seemed like Sterling was giving him an earful over something.

Delph was supposed to pick up Sterling's kids from the pool.

Suso going to Milan for 3m euro i see on twitter. Last year of contract etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

daithijjj wrote: »
    Suso going to Milan for 3m euro i see on twitter. Last year of contract etc.
    Buyback clause and we're away if he gets his game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Christ football should be like baseball, a game every 2 days, would stop this nonsense.

Baseball has games a lot more frequently than that! 162 games in about 140 days, sometimes 2 full games in a day. I've seen games go over 6 hours too. It's intense.

I was averaging it out over the year! It would stop international football. :)

• Advertisement

D'Agger wrote: »
    Buyback clause and we're away if he gets his game

I misunderstood what was being said, he is actually going for nothing to Milan, couple of other clubs had agreed a 3m euro fee but the player chose Milan.

Free agent type stuff.

Next summer I take it or is he being released now? That makes no sense at all.

Next summer I take it or is he being released now? That makes no sense at all.

From what i gather, he had proposals from a few clubs, he chose Milan (Di Marzio).

http://gianlucadimarzio.com/en/calciomercato/milan-are-confident-about-being-able-to-sign-liverpools-suso-for-next-season/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,041 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Disappointing.

Even a buy back clause would mean little to be honest - if he does well enough that we'd want to use it, he'd likely turn down the move back to us, much like how Carlos Vela apparently had no interest in a return to Arsenal because things were going better where he was.

Must head to ForzaInter forums, they might wonder about a lad called Coutinho as they digest this news.

Doh! :o

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Disappointing.

Even a buy back clause would mean little to be honest - if he does well enough that we'd want to use it, he'd likely turn down the move back to us, much like how Carlos Vela apparently had no interest in a return to Arsenal because things were going better where he was.

I suppose one way to look at it is from the point of view that we have let young players go before that we were disappointed to be losing but not one of them has gone on to a level near good enough for us right now.

Suso is a tidy little player but imho Teixeira is/will be better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

5live wrote: »

RIGHT?

We sure do! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Disappointing.

Sterling has been the best youth player I can remember at Liverpool in all my time watching football at those levels. Suso is the only talent who comes anyway close imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

mosstin wrote: »
    Hodgson in rare form after the match tonight. Asked about only 2 shots on target, he responded "Only 2 shots on target? What about the shots people threw themselves in front of?"
    Well, they wouldn't have been on target then Roy.

He's actually right though. Take that vine on the previous page, that's not considered a shot on target cause it was blocked. There were a LOT of those last night, England made a good number of chances. Still very little control in midfield, but when they got it up to S&S, they were dangerous...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Disappointing.

Sterling has been the best youth player I can remember at Liverpool in all my time watching football at those levels. Suso is the only talent who comes anyway close imo.

I dunno - if you watched him last season, he wasn't so good that you'd be wow'd by him. He had a good season for a young player, but if we didn't already have him on our books, he wasn't so good that you'd sign him up on that basis...

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement