Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Note in OP, 1/09

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Liverpool beat Man Utd 4-0

http://www.newsnow.co.uk/A/731035537?-11194:5806

and Agger left to rejoin Brondby as his can't cope with the Prem any more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Kess73 wrote: »
    Would love to know what it would cost to get him.

I would LOVE Coleman at Liverpool. Really rate him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,389 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Liverpool beat Man Utd 4-0

http://www.newsnow.co.uk/A/731035537?-11194:5806

and Agger left to rejoin Brondby as his can't cope with the Prem any more.

I'll take that result ;) sad to see Agger go :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Raif Severance

Everton vs Chelsea Game is turning out to be a Classic.

A Farcry from the Burnely vs Man U Snoozefest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Is it a bit late to start a match thread for Everton vs Chelsea :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Costa really is Suarez replacement, the new panto villain for the PL.

What a player tho!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

This match is insane!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Happy to see Chelsea win that while conceding 3 goals, keeps Everton down while showing they are vulnerable.

kfallon wrote: »
    Costa really is Suarez replacement, the new panto villain for the PL.

What a player tho!

He'll win them the league imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

rarnes1 wrote: »
    He'll win them the league imo

He sure will, have him backed to be top scorer in the league. He was outstanding for Atletí

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭GotTheTshirt

Chelsea have become Liverpool from last season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,293 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Dimarzio says Sergio romero is close he has the same agent as mario. He's fairly reliable for anything Italian.

I have no idea if he is any good so I'd love dome input on him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

rob316 wrote: »
    Dimarzio says Sergio romero is close he has the same agent as mario. He's fairly reliable for anything Italian.

I have no idea if he is any good so I'd love dome input on him.

Close for who? Us?

Sergio Romero’s agent has arrived in England to try and push through the goalkeeper’s transfer to Liverpool, according to reports.

The Reds agreed a £1.6million fee with Italian club Sampdoria for Romero two weeks ago, but the transfer has stalled because of his huge wage demands.

Russian side Spartak Moscow have since shown an interest, but Liverpool remain keen, and his agent Mino Raiola has now touched down to try and thrash out an agreement.

According to reports in Italy, Sampdoria are so desperate to get rid of the player they may now accept a lower price in order to move him on.

http://metro.co.uk/2014/08/30/sergio-romeros-agent-mino-raiola-arrives-in-england-to-finalise-liverpool-transfer-4851385/

Would be suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuperb to beat Spurs comfortably, coming off a defeat with Balotelli possibly making a debut and Sturridge not scoring in the last game, I've got a feeling ... .......... :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,455 ✭✭✭tritium

Huge wage demands? Haha he should have done his homework, we just got rid of one expensive keeper and were not exactly known for splashing the cash,especially for potential bench warmers

Lallana and Ballotelli in tomorrow?

Id bench Coutinho

Id bench Coutinho

Indeed, nice strong squad now, no such thing as a first 11 imo, no one undroppable, especially someone in a position with other options, Lallana might just be better than Coutinho too at the moment, potential aside etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Doubt Lallana will start coming back from injury as much I'd like it.

Expecting something like:

Mignolet
    Manquillo Lovren Sakho Moreno
    Gerrard
    Allen
    Henderson
    Sterling
    ----Sturridge----Balotelli

Possibly Coutinho/Markovic for Balotelli and Sterling further forward.

Unfortunate injury for Skrtel but I can't wait to see Lovren and Sakho together. Both LCBs but Lovren in right footed so shouldn't be too much of an issue.

And no Johnson! \o/

And for those who don't like it, no constant complaining about Johnson! \o/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭skydish79

Rumour on Twitter they Gerrard is out for 3 months, Hendo captain tomorrow

With lovren and sakho starting tomorrow and no Johnson or skertle to blame for any mistakes who will be our fall guy if things go wrong...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

skydish79 wrote: »

With lovren and sakho starting tomorrow and no Johnson or skertle to blame for any mistakes who will be our fall guy if things go wrong...

Mignolet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

Gerrard out?

Rumour on Twitter they Gerrard is out for 3 months....

Hardly true.
    To be fair though Henderson is no doubt next in line with Skittles injured and Agger gone, oh how times change.

Lallana in pajamas

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭kop77

pmy.murphy wrote: »
    Why was the old thread closed? Seems a bit pointless to me
    Kess73 wrote: »
    It causes technical problems for the site when the superthreads go too far over 10k.

Superthreads in this forum have been getting closed in and around the 10k mark for a couple of years now so is not a new thing.

I dunno... sounds too Dharma Initiative to me..... :pac:

tumblr_mouwjvC7Gw1so3qm5o1_500.gif

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Fescue

Rodgers on Balotelli.
    “Mario came in here and we were asked when the press conference was (for his signing),” says Rodgers. “We replied ‘what press conference?’

“He’s the same as every other player. We had no press conference for Adam Lallana or Lazar Markovic.

“It’s more a case of ‘get up the stairs, hold the shirt, get your photograph taken and get out’.

“He’s a good kid. But you can have young players feeling as though they are more than what they are and then the ego goes with it.

“Mario is a talented player. He is 24 years of age. But focus on the football and work your socks off.

“That’s what he has done this week. He has been working for 45 minutes extra doing extra training, specifics, practising free-kicks, even in the rain!”

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-fc-new-boy-mario-7694886

Fescue wrote: »

I like that talk tbh.

He has a lot to prove

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

Just read that tomorrow is Rodgers 100th game in charge.

Hope the team give him something to celebrate!

3 points is required now to stay with the leading pack.

Can't believe Swansea are on 9 points, Monk doing a great job although I do think the Europa League was a distraction last season for them.

Also can't believe United have thrown away 7 points!! When the fixture list came out I was convinced they'd be on 18 points after the first 6 games.
    To be only on 2 points and be spanked by MK Dons in the League Cup with 6 internationals is funny to me as an LFC supporter, the humour of it is starting to fade and now its more a case of, ah bless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Ballotelli left out of Conte's first Italy squad. Lefts hope he uses it as motivation to show consistently how good he is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Fescue

I like that talk tbh.

He has a lot to prove

Well it will obviously go one of two ways, he buys into it or he becomes disillusioned. Time will tell.

• Advertisement

I think (and hope) that Mario will appreciate Brendan Rogers' modus operandi, it's worked for Sterling & Sturridge :) (different challenges admittedly)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Blondie919

dogbert27 wrote: »
    Just read that tomorrow is Rodgers 100th game in charge.

Hope the team give him something to celebrate!

3 points is required now to stay with the leading pack.

Can't believe Swansea are on 9 points, Monk doing a great job although I do think the Europa League was a distraction last season for them.

Also can't believe United have thrown away 7 points!! When the fixture list came out I was convinced they'd be on 18 points after the first 6 games.
    To be only on 2 points and be spanked by MK Dons in the League Cup with 6 internationals is funny to me as an LFC supporter, the humour of it is starting to fade and now its more a case of, ah bless.

Not for me it's not! I've had to put up with countless years of taunting by Utd fans so for as long as they remain rubbish I will rejoice and will continue to laugh my ass off at them! Haw haw!! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Devilman40k

The humour of it is starting to fade and now its more a case of, ah bless.

Not for me it's not...

It's so much fun watching my father and brothers faces when my daughter and I walk through the door and she says.... "table doesn't lie Grandad"..or ."..well what's the excuse today?"

I don't know lads. The worst point for me as an LFC supporter was when my Man U supporting buddies stopped taking the piss out of me and started just feeling sorry for me while we were going through the whole Hodgson debacle.

I don't know lads. The worst point for me as an LFC supporter was when my Man U supporting buddies stopped taking the piss out of me and started just feeling sorry for me while we were going through the whole Hodgson debacle.

If things continue as is (I don't believe for a second they will), it won't be long before the roles are reversed.

We lose tomorrow and we are a point ahead of Utd. Bit early to break out the champagne lads.

Plus it's 24 years since we won the league ffs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,293 ✭✭✭✭rob316

I love that from Rodgers "get up them stairs for your picture and get out". To say you are nothing special here just the same as everyone else, its a refreshing in this era of player power.

If things continue as is (I don't believe for a second they will), it won't be long before the roles are reversed.

****, I don't get this at all. Hell will freeze over before I feel a scintilla of pity for United or their followers. And that's as it should be for a Liverpool supporter.

We lose tomorrow and we are a point ahead of Utd. Bit early to break out the champagne lads.

Plus it's 24 years since we won the league ffs

No champagne here just enjoying the high ground while we have it. It won't be that way forever.

• Advertisement

We lose tomorrow and we are a point ahead of Utd.

True but at least we're still in the League Cup :pac::pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Strongbow10

rob316 wrote: »
    I love that from Rodgers "get up them stairs for your picture and get out". To say you are nothing special here just the same as everyone else, its a refreshing in this era of player power.

some of this quotes this week though are a little hypocritical though no matter what way you look at them. He mentioned that Liverpool has a certain standard when it comes to player behaviour on and off the field. Seemingly, we are more special than other clubs on that front and always have been.

When you take the Suarez debacle into it and I mean the defence of the player based on his ability after the Ivanovic bite (rather than the defence against alleged racism against Evra) its a bit murky where Rodgers stands on this special code of conduct.

Personally, the message sent out on that occasion was "if you're a top player, you can get away with alot of things".

Moral of the story, I wish he would stop with the soundbites as he is partial to talking alot of ****e on occasion.

Soundbites or not I'd agree with him on this one.

Ballotelli is just another player at Liverpool. He's probably a bigger star in his head than in reality.

He needs to prove himself this season and has the perfect opportunity to do so

Soundbites or not I'd agree with him on this one.

Ballotelli is just another player at Liverpool. He's probably a bigger star in his head than in reality.

He needs to prove himself this season and has the perfect opportunity to do so

I agree with him in relation to Balotelli for sure, but he makes it sound like its the same for everyone.

Suarez got alot of preferential treatment, and there didn't seem to be this unspoken code when it came to him.

Don't get me wrong, Rodgers showed good management in how he handled Suarez, but he did the exact opposite in that case to what he is preaching about now.

He likes the sound of his voice far too much for my liking, not a sackable offence of course rather a mild irritant of mine :pac:

I agree with him in relation to Balotelli for sure, but he makes it sound like its the same for everyone.

Suarez got alot of preferential treatment, and there didn't seem to be this unspoken code when it came to him.

Don't get me wrong, Rodgers showed good management in how he handled Suarez, but he did the exact opposite in that case to what he is preaching about now.

He likes the sound of his voice far too much for my liking, not a sackable offence of course rather a mild irritant of mine :pac:

He can talk as much and as often as he wants if he continues to help the club progress as he has done to date.

Suarez was giving 100% every match and banging in goals for fun. Balotelli will be given leeway should he do the same I'd imagine

Suarez was giving 100% every match and banging in goals for fun. Balotelli will be given leeway should he do the same I'd imagine

Then why get all high and mighty rabbiting on about this "code of conduct" that all Liverpool players adhere to?

Surely no leeway should be given

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

He talking bullsh*t. Nearly all managers do. Words are cheap, and actions tell the true story. If Balotelli scores 30 goals and causes problems, he'll be excused from them. If he doesn't score goals and causes problems, he'll be shipped out.

That's the reality of the situation regardless of whatever pontification we hear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭BMJD

Then why get all high and mighty rabbiting on about this "code of conduct" that all Liverpool players adhere to?

Surely no leeway should be given

the same Suarez who was training with the reserves/kids this time last year because he was mouthing off to the media in Uruguay?

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Alleged starting team tomorrow. Truckload of salt, etc. From @MarkHughes_ on twitter.

Mingolet, Manquillo, Lovren, Sakho, Moreno, Gerrard, Henderson, Allen, Markovic, Sturridge, Sterling

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement