Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Note in OP, 1/09

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Anyone wrote: »
    Unconfirmed that he attempted to kick the player in the head, but missed. Opta might reduce his attempts on target. Questions now on how much value the €16m actually is.

Unconfirmed also that yes Sturridge is dead, but only for the England game, should be fine for Villa.

So he called in dead?

Knex will be so proud.

Wolves player resting at home after the incident

HeadlessTMan2.JPG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Just reading and I know it's just the Express but Juventus are interested in Johnson.

They will probabaly wait till the New Year when he can talk to anyone and leave on a free in the summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Mirror saying Sturridge out for 3 weeks. Sigh.

Hard not to think Hodgson pushes him too hard when he gets his hands on him.

Well we all new these Sturridge injures were coming and there will probably be a few more of them before the end of the season :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Daemonic

Hope the Sturridge injury doesn't lead to rodgers reverting to 1 up front. Throw Borini up there with Balo and see how the Italians get on together.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Daemonic wrote: »
    Hope the Sturridge injury doesn't lead to rodgers reverting to 1 up front. Throw Borini up there with Balo and see how the Italians get on together.

Dunno, wouldn't mind Markovic getting a run. Sterling and Markovic flanking Balotelli could be devastating...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Pilsbury Doughboy

I suppose 3 weeks isn't that bad, still very annoying (if it's true)

Miss Villa/West ham and back for the Everton game, right shame as I was expecting a glut from him in those games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Mickalus

So he called in dead?

Knex will be so proud.

Somebody in the squad must have been reading this thread before. Tried and tested, it works! :D:D:D

• Advertisement

I suppose 3 weeks isn't that bad, still very annoying (if it's true)

Miss Villa/West ham and back for the Everton game, right shame as I was expecting a glut from him in those games.

Yeah it is that bad tbh.

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Yeah it is that bad tbh.

Yes, it sucks donkey balls, I was trying to put a brave face on it, but alas, no joy, I'm pissed off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Annoying ballsuck.

I'd stick with 2 up front myself, with Lallana as the No 10 and Sterling/Balo up front.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭sweetie

as bad as it is at least its not our form player, Sterling

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Mickalus

An Injury always sucks, but look at the bright side..... we have loads of options! Just Mario up front or Lambert or Borini can deputise and have 2 up top.
    Sterling, Lallana, Coutinho, Markovic all can play behind the striker(s) at the tip of a diamond or wide in a 4-3-3

And best of all, we don't need to be calling on Victory Moses! :D

1 up top with Sterling supporting didn't work.

I'd definately play somebody else with Balotelli up front.

Really wish we had of signed another quality forward :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭viper006

Jason Burt from the Telegraph on 5 live:

"You could sense straight away it was a serious problem. Looks like it's a tear of his thigh muscle"

talk he could be out for alot longer than 3 weeks now.

Borini tonight.

smiley_big_smile2.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

Borini might get the chance He was looking for

I doubt Rodgers will want to use him frankly, if he scored the winning goal it would be hard to drop him/not start him in the next game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

I doubt Rodgers will want to use him frankly, if he scored the winning goal it would be hard to drop him/not start him in the next game.

If he scores the winning goal then he rightly should start the next game. It will be up to whomever is on the bench to take the place off him!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,041 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Would that be an issue though? Results are all that matter, if he played, and played well enough to warrant subsequent starts, then thats only a good thing..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

How many times is this now that Sturridge has been injured on England duty. Ffs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

rarnes1 wrote: »
    1 up top with Sterling supporting didn't work.

In two games, at the start of the season.

In one of those games the defense and midfield didn't function in any real way, giving the front 3 almost no support.

One up front has worked for us before, when Suarez was out at the end of 12/13 and when Sturridge was missing some games last season.

Balotelli with some combination of Lallana/Sterling/Coutinho/Markovic could work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Pretty sure Rodgers is still a fan of Borini. He might have wanted to sell him, but now that he is still here and Sturridge is out, Borini will surely get his chance.

In two games, at the start of the season.

In one of those games the defense and midfield didn't function in any real way, giving the front 3 almost no support.

One up front has worked for us before, when Suarez was out at the end of 12/13 and when Sturridge was missing some games last season.

Balotelli with some combination of Lallana/Sterling/Coutinho/Markovic could work.

I can only go on what I've seen tbf. When playing with 2 front men we've looked a different team rather than one up top where we looked easy to defend against.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

Sounds like Sturridge will be out for a while

https://twitter.com/D_Sturridge/status/507947589036412928

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭jcsoulinger

this makes absolutely no sense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

zarquon wrote: »

Hmmm, sounds like Balotelli's kicked the head off him.

zarquon wrote: »

The first reply :pac:

Now maybe 3 weeks wouldn't be that bad eh?

• Advertisement

Depending on the severity of the tear I suppose worst case scenario,we could be looking at him being out til Xmas or just after.

This is very bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Depending on the severity of the tear I suppose worst case scenario,we could be looking at him being out til Xmas or just after.

This is very bad.

I suppose he could get gangrene, have one of his legs lopped off and he'll have to be taken out behind one of the sheds in Melwood and shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭The Letheram

Ffs. Hodgsons staff should just ring the medical and trainers at Melwood to see how they handle Sturridge. They would break an anvil in a bog.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

This is very bad.

Are you referring to the tear on his smiley face above or a muscle tear?

Gbear wrote: »
    I suppose he could get gangrene, have one of his legs lopped off and he'll have to be taken out behind one of the sheds in Melwood and shot.

:D True. There's a bad ebola outbreak too and if anyone can catch it,Danny can.

djPSB wrote: »
    Are you referring to the tear on his smiley face above or a muscle tear?

Both. :P

Pull Sterling and Henderson out of that going nowhere squad now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,294 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Too important a player to loose till Xmas that will effectively kill our title challenge and seriously hurt our chances for top 4.
    Balotelli could hit the ground running but I wouldn't be too confident.

Disaster.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Borini's got this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭huey1975

:D True. There's a bad ebola outbreak too and if anyone can catch it,Danny can.

I thought Emre Can

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

rob316 wrote: »
    Too important a player to loose till Xmas that will effectively kill our title challenge and seriously hurt our chances for top 4.
    Balotelli could hit the ground running but I wouldn't be too confident.

Disaster.

Title challenge....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,294 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Title challenge....

Yes title challenge.

Haven't you got some formations to post anyway of your new team in your own thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

Just heard about Balotelli tonight. Hope the wolves player recovers and his head grows back.

1585ttk.jpg

Enrique thinking this sh1t never happens on FIFA.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

I always look for the positives in any scenario, and try not to let football affect my moods (any more!) but Studge's injury has really pissed me off. Fcuking Hodgson. Fcuking England. Stupid having Internationals this early in the season.

Knew he'd get injured at some stage but wanted him and Balotelli to strike up some sort of partnership first.

There is scope for Lallana, Markovic or Borini to come in and stake a claim and it's nice to have squad depth but I'm not happy tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Is it just me or does sturridge always get injured whilst with england? Absolute hodging.

Ffs. Hodgsons staff should just ring the medical and trainers at Melwood to see how they handle Sturridge. They would break an anvil in a bog.

That made me laugh, so true so fecking true
    klose wrote: »
    Is it just me or does sturridge always get injured whilst with england? Absolute hodging.

He has ONLY ever been injured by England as far as I know (as a LFC player).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭jasonb

So annoying about Sturridge, always seems to happen when he plays for England.

I'm surprised by all the mentions of Borini and barely any mention of Lambert. Considering he's the striker we bought this summer, and Borini's the striker we tried our best to sell.

Do most people rate Borini over Lambert? Personally, if we do play 2 up top, I'd rather see Lambert get a go, he's definitely improved our options whenever he's come on the pitch so far.

J.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

I absolutely loathe international breaks. We always lose a good player or two because of it, and it's usually Sturridge or Gerrard, two English players. Coincidence? I think not....

jasonb wrote: »
    So annoying about Sturridge, always seems to happen when he plays for England.

I'm surprised by all the mentions of Borini and barely any mention of Lambert. Considering he's the striker we bought this summer, and Borini's the striker we tried our best to sell.

Do most people rate Borini over Lambert? Personally, if we do play 2 up top, I'd rather see Lambert get a go, he's definitely improved our options whenever he's come on the pitch so far.

J.

Agreed. I'd rather see Lambert get a shot as well. He's well able for it.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement