Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Note in OP, 1/09

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Kirby wrote: »

Ah man, that's just cause he wasn't wearing football boots.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

We won it in wembely,
    We won it in gay Paris, In 77' and 84' it Rome....

We won it 5 times, we won it 5 time'sssss in Istanbul, we won it 5 times.

Roll on the Champions League..

There I said it (or sung it in my head)

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭GotTheTshirt

Assuming and hoping that Rodgers starts with 2 up front I think Borini might get the nod beside Mario, simply because it's Sturridge that's injured. If Balotelli was injured then I'd guess that Lambert might get the call.

This is obv aside from any of the Borini transfer stuff which might have a bearing if Rodgers really wanted him out but I'll plant my flag on Borini starting if we play with a front 2 next weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

I think Sturridge being out may have its silver lining and let Rodgers use it to push Balotelli on that last inch. There's going to be a lot required of him over the next few games and he may respond to that challenge positively and allow Rodgers to get him focused and determined!

Pressure wise Balotelli needs to remember that Liverpool are 6 pts from 9 and Sturridge has scored once :)

No panic like :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Tangatagamadda Chaddabinga Bonga Bungo

Borini will only start a league game if Mario, Lambert and Sterling get injured.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,843 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Big Knox wrote: »
    I think Sturridge being out may have its silver lining and let Rodgers use it to push Balotelli on that last inch. There's going to be a lot required of him over the next few games and he may respond to that challenge positively and allow Rodgers to get him focused and determined!

Is he 100% out?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

Rogers won't start Borini, doing that would kill Lamberts confidence, besides Lambert deserves his run out, borini had his chance before and squandered it so let him wait for a second crack at it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

Borini will only start a league game if Mario, Lambert and Sterling get injured.
    Not true. Mark this post for future reference ðŸ˜႒

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

What are the odds on bali getting a red card at the weekend?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

I actually dreamed it last night. Meant to post it earlier!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Bingo bango kid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Pilsbury Doughboy

Simon Mignolet v Victor Valdes: how the two keepers compare as Liverpool FC eye move for Spaniard.

In the Echo.

What I found most surprising was not Valdes winning on saves pre match, conceded goals pre game & clean sheets.

But he lost on Pass accuracy and this is one of the sticks used to beat Mignolet.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/simon-mignolet-v-victor-valdes-7730847

It's hardly relevant what happens in the kick about before the game.

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Catching up on the thread from last night, and have a zinger of a response for this that I can't believe wasn't used.

Sterling doesn't pull out. :D

slm.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Techniques07

Kirby wrote: »

Will Balotelli Upset Liverpool?

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭augustus gloop

Rogers won't start Borini, doing that would kill Lamberts confidence, besides Lambert deserves his run out, borini had his chance before and squandered it so let him wait for a second crack at it.

Why? If borini is the best option for a scenario due to injuries and his training form then why not start him. I deffo would now keep him on the bench to appease lambert. Best XI on the field at all times

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

I'd guess about 20/1

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

Is he actually in the squad? I heard he was axed a few days ago but maybe that was just for the friendly?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Fescue

Why? If borini is the best option for a scenario due to injuries and his training form then why not start him. I deffo would now keep him on the bench to appease lambert. Best XI on the field at all times

I think we'll see a return to 4-3-3 rather than bringing Borini back into a diamond.

Someone like Lallana or Coutinho will be far more effective than Borini in the first team.

In case people have forgotten, Borini is awful.

Is he actually in the squad? I heard he was axed a few days ago but maybe that was just for the friendly?

I figured it meant next weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

Makes a lot more sense then :)

• Advertisement

Because he's not the best option. How people want Borini to start ahead of Lambert is confusing me. There's no contest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Raif Severance

8-10 wrote: »
    Because he's not the best option. How people want Borini to start ahead of Lambert is confusing me. There's no contest.

What?!!

Sorry, Mate. But I'd absolutely start Borini ahead of Lambert.

Borini just fits our Style of Play better. So if we're going to continue with that, starting Borini ahead of Lambert makes sense.

Lambert is better off as a Sub, since he gives us an option for Plan B.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

Remember when this dose managed us? Gas times.

I love vines btw. :cool:

https://vine.co/v/Oud5QH1VlJt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Remember when this dose managed us? Gastimes.

I lve vines btw. :cool:

https://vine.co/v/Oud5QH1VlJt/QUOTE]

Hodgson was no worse than king Kenny or Rodgers in his first season. Roy wasn't given a fraction of the funds both those managers got either, the thing he did wrong was gave it straight and not talk absolute boll-x like the other two did.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Hahahahaha.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,455 ✭✭✭tritium

Oranage2 wrote: »

Hodgson was no worse than king Kenny or Rodgers in his first season. Roy wasn't given a fraction of the funds both those managers got either, the thing he did wrong was gave it straight and not talk absolute boll-x like the other two did.

Roy has a long history of being a mediocre manager. The fact that he's been mediocre at big clubs is irrelevant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,296 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Yea when would you see Kenny or Rogers smile and laugh after getting beat by Everton or be all buddy buddy with the Man Utd manager, or saying beating a team in Europe from Turkey 1-0 and saying it's one of the greatest European nights for the club

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

The Owl was a cretinous presence at Liverpool football club. A defeatist. A coward in the face of Alex Fergerson and Northampton Town
    "They’ll be a formidable challenge They'll pressure us, they'll be young and athletic, and our scouts have been quite impressed by what they've seen. They'll be a formidable challenge - there's no question about that"
    “We deserved our point. There are no easy home wins in the Premier League, you have to fight for everything. The way we came back from 2-1 down was very commendable and towards the end of the game we were creating a lot of chances. We deserved our point"
    "As good as we have played all season" (After the woeful loss to Everton) That was as good as we have played all season, and I have no qualms with the performance whatsoever. I only hope fair-minded people will see it the same way.

To get a result here (Goodison) would have been Utopia. But I can only analyse the performance. There is no point trying to analyse dreams.
    "A famous victory" (1-0 at Bolton)
    Today was a famous victory because we hadn’t won more than once away in the whole of 2010. When you’re down the bottom, and keep being reminded you’re down the bottom, anxiety kicks in.

Inspirational stuff. The kind of man who you want to lead a team in to battle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

I think i would rather Paul Konchesky back as manager before Roy Hodgson.

Hodgson was a truly mediocre presence at the club, the most uninsiprational and uncharismatic individual i have had the misfortune to come across while following football.

I'll never forget that win over Bolton.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

lollingtons

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

I was having a pretty ****ty morning until I read that. Cheers.

Not the reaction you were looking for,I'm sure but thanks anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

One of the most stupid statements I've read on here in a long long time!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

The broken quote is hurting my eyes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,294 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Relegation is where we were headed under hodgson, it was going to get a whole lot worse after Xmas if we had persisted with him. Squad quality and morale was so low as evidenced by the miraclous turnaround when kenny was installed.

He was master of lowering expectations and falling below those expectations. A clown of the highest order.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I can't believe not 1 person fixed it. How hard is it to put in an extra ] when replying?

I can't believe either how many replies our friend Oranage2 got either.

It's been a disbelieving time for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭YouTookMyName

RoyHodgson-banging-head-wall-WestBrom-1325527686t.gif?id=186

A Clown of a manager.

5starpool wrote: »
    I can't believe not 1 person fixed it. How hard is it to put in an extra ] when replying?

His job here is done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

5starpool wrote: »

Poor Dom. Fixed it there for ya.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

LuckyLloyd wrote: »

Should have been your first action. Consider this a warning Lloyd. Next time there will be sanctions of some kind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

I thought it was a running joke that I missed :/

LuckyLloyd wrote: »

Such an arrogant twat. Only come here when there is an an opportunity to be all high and mighty.

I thought it was a running joke that I missed :/

The Orange is the running joke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

Such an arrogant twat. Only come here when there is an an opportunity to be all high and mighty.

Ooof, the equivalent of a scything challenge from behind during the warm up! Bit uncalled for, no?

Calm down lads, lest the mighty ban hammer fall upon us and we find ourselves banished to the Forbidden Zone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

****ing hell, bring back the Balotelli kicking someones head rumours...........

I suspect Lloyd will at least realise but this is a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Sakho played well last night up against Costa, think he'll come good for us given a run of games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Ah come on now, I can only assume a Mod who is not fully conversant with the ways of this thread carded that comment (its an in joke)

Ah come on now, I can only assume a Mod who is not fully conversant with the ways of this thread carded that comment (its an in joke)

Yeah true. I knew it was a joke but I can see why a mod didn't.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement