Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Note in OP, 1/09

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Yeah true. I knew it was a joke but I can see why a mod didn't.

No excuse really imo.

Anyone know when Octobers games will be scheduled for TV?

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Anyone know when Octobers games will be scheduled for TV?

July.

All games up to and including the 2nd last weekend in November has been scheduled for TV so far.

5starpool wrote: »
    July.

All games up to and including the 2nd last weekend in November has been scheduled for TV so far.

Ah right, cheers.

Can Hull game be changed from Sat 3pm on Oct 25th I wonder? Madrid game is on the 22nd

Ah right, cheers.

Can Hull game be changed from Sat 3pm on Oct 25th I wonder? Madrid game is on the 22nd

No, can't see it happening unless there are some odd circumstances. No midweek games (except possibly league cup) the midweek before, and tv games are already scheduled for that weekend.
    Saturday 25 October 2014
    12:45 West Ham v Man City LIVE HD 2h
    12:45 Swansea v Leicester LIVE HD 2h
    Sunday 26 October 2014
    13:30 Burnley v Everton LIVE HD 2h
    16:00 Man Utd v Chelsea LIVE HD 2h

No, can't see it happening unless there are some odd circumstances. No midweek games (except possibly league cup) the midweek before, and tv games are already scheduled for that weekend.

Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

I see on twitter emre can played cb for germany u21s the other day, the lad sure is useful to have in the squad he seems to play everywhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

klose wrote: »
    I see on twitter emre can played cb for germany u21s the other day, the lad sure is useful to have in the squad he seems to play everywhere.

He could be a beast if a centre half, he defo has the size to do it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

Don't know if we will be signing Reus this window..... He just got creamed again in the scotland match..... Looked bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Sturridge and now Hendo! :mad:
    Henderson departed nursing a problem with his right ankle after turning away from a tackle but, having been assessed on the pitch by the team’s medical staff, he did at least hobble off unaided. The Liverpool player had been earmarked to anchor the midfield against the side ranked ninth in the world and will be monitored on Monday morning prior to undergoing a fitness test before the Group E game, though his participation in the match appears in considerable doubt.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/sep/07/england-jordan-henderson-injury-switzerland

• Advertisement

That's worse news I think for us. Hopefully he'll be out of the England game but OK for the Villa game on Saturday. If not then Lallana back should slot in I guess.

I'm hopping mad I have to say, I bet Switzerland win anyway.

In other news Markovic played nearly all the Serbia/France game which ended 1-1. Sakho stayed on the bench. Just looking at the Serbian squad - they have some talent.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

The Independant are also running an article about Hendo's injury.

From in the article
    reserve goalkeeper Ben Foster have already returned to their clubs for treatment

How did they manage to Hodge a reserve goalkeeper !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

The Independant are also running an article about Hendo's injury.

From in the article

How did they manage to Hodge a reserve goalkeeper !

No man is Hodgeproof.

PS:Is your sig from Total Recall?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Does anybody actually know the extent of Sturidge's injury?

How long is he really out for?

Think he was having a scan yesterday but haven't heard anything about it.

Did I miss something?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Sadly I think we are going to have to get used to England running Henderson, Sturridge & Sterling into the ground over the next few years!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Sadly I think we are going to have to get used to England running Henderson, Sturridge & Sterling into the ground over the next few years!

They certainly are very important to England's future. Just wish it wasn't under Hodgson.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Augmerson wrote: »
    They certainly are very important to England's future. Just wish it wasn't under Hodgson.

To be fair, even if Capello or someone else was in charge, all 3 would still be among the starting 6 in attack, along with Rooney, Wilshere and A.N.Other.
    So unless Hodgson did something in training that caused it, this is just bad luck...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

I think a few guys just don't want to play for england.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Dickerty wrote: »
    So unless Hodgson did something in training that caused it, this is just bad luck...
    Hodgson IS bad luck!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

No man is Hodgeproof.

PS:Is your sig from Total Recall?

Yeah it is :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

It's shítty to have these injuries, but you know what?

Isn't it sweet to have a bit of squad depth, meaning we should cope?

Also, if Sturridge is out for a while, there's no better time for Balotelli to show us why he was bought.

Opportunities galore for those in the squad. Time to step the fúck up.

Did anyone here get the setanta for 1 quid deal this year who did the same last year? I just tried to do it online and got an error which was about as helpful as Ebola, and I'm just wondering if it's because I did it last year too and not eligible? I could ring and ask but don't want to really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,294 ✭✭✭✭rob316

We should hear something on Danny soon, the way the Echo were reporting it it didn't sound too bad, they said "he is almost definitely out of the Aston Villa game".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,394 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Did anyone here get the setanta for 1 quid deal this year who did the same last year? I just tried to do it online and got an error which was about as helpful as Ebola, and I'm just wondering if it's because I did it last year too and not eligible? I could ring and ask but don't want to really.

The offer finished the end of august as far as I'm aware.

• Advertisement

SlickRic wrote: »
    It's shítty to have these injuries, but you know what?

Isn't it sweet to have a bit of squad depth, meaning we should cope?

Also, if Sturridge is out for a while, there's no better time for Balotelli to show us why he was bought.

Opportunities galore for those in the squad. Time to step the fúck up.

Yep, with Lallana coming back, if we are missing Hendo and Danny, we bring in Lallana to midfield and Coutinho wide of Balo central. And we still have Lambert, Borini, Markovic and Can on the bench...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

MIG
    Manq...Lovren....Sakho...Moreno

Gerrard

Llanala

Sterling Cout

Ballo Lambert

I'd like to see that as the line up

n_selecao_brasileira_neymar-2523490.jpg

"So good to meet up this guy again, my friend and teammate since we played in U16s. He's become a bit cheeky now but I forgive him [laughs] we are together Couto, I love you pal."

10623727_274104899454385_1762745256_n.jpg

I'd like to see him feature for Brazil more, it'd be good for him, hopefully that travel won't get to him...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

MIG
    Manq...Lovren....Sakho...Moreno

Gerrard

Llanala

Sterling Cout

Ballo Lambert

I'd like to see that as the line up

Do you remember the last time we played villa they totally over ran us in midfield as we went with a really attacking line up. Far too attacking for me.

• Advertisement

Do you remember the last time we played villa they totally over ran us in midfield as we went with a really attacking line up. Far too attacking for me.

Assuming Hendo misses, which we don't know, Lallana is the right guy to start in his place. He's a very busy player, a hard worker, and will be a safer bet than Can, who is still getting used to the EPL and his team-mates.

Migs
    Manq--Lovren--Sakho--Moreno
    Gerrard
    ----Allen
    Lallana---
    Sterling
    Cout

Balo

Seriously people should know that Lallana plays for Liverpool (soon) and Llanala plays for Spurs or someone... :)

Alex Inglethorpe discussing hook-ups with various Football League clubs.
    “We have a wishlist of clubs, and managers, who we think are particularly strong in the area of youth development,” he says.

“The important thing is that when a player goes on loan, he is going to an environment which will teach similar things to what he would be learning at Liverpool.

“There are a lot more clubs in the Football League now who are committed to a philosophy and a way of playing which is conducive to youth development, and the loan system is something which enables us to tap into that

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/alex-inglethorpe-says-liverpool-fc-7733415?

emmetkenny wrote: »
    The offer finished the end of august as far as I'm aware.

Their site still has the sign up page, but the above wouldn't surprise me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Their site still has the sign up page, but the above wouldn't surprise me.

I heard it expired 23rd Sept

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Assuming Hendo misses, which we don't know, Lallana is the right guy to start in his place. He's a very busy player, a hard worker, and will be a safer bet than Can, who is still getting used to the EPL and his team-mates.

Migs
    Gerrard
    ----Allen
    Lallana---
    Sterling
    Cout

Balo

They are the players i'd start if Henderson is out. Maybe a diamond instead with sterling up top with balo. Coutinho in behind the front 2 .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Seriously people should know that Lallana plays for Liverpool (soon) and Llanala plays for Spurs or someone... :)

I think you mean Lamela, mate :pac:

Its mad that Henderson is now the first player on the team sheet. I never saw a more cowardly player when he first came in. He is now adding goals and assists to his game, I see him really pushing on this season. Future captain material.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Knex. wrote: »
    I think you mean Lamela, mate :pac:
    No you mean Lamllana dude

rob316 wrote: »
    Its mad that Henderson is now the first player on the team sheet. I never saw a more cowardly player when he first came in. He is now adding goals and assists to his game, I see him really pushing on this season. Future captain material.

I wouldn't have said cowardly, just overawed and out of his depth. But he grew into it, and it's all his hard work (and some mental massaging by Peters!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭jcsoulinger

Migs
    Gerrard
    ----Allen
    Lallana---
    Sterling
    Cout

Balo

This is what I'd like to see if hendo is out, only have Allen in a deeper role beside Gerard in a 4231 and then switch to sterling up front with lallana or cout in the number 10 if things don't work out. It will be interesting to see Allen, Lallana, and inho play together they are all very good at retaining the ball, hopefully it will be a long game for villa.

• Advertisement

Can someone give an update on Henderson..... did he leave the England camp? I havent heard anything about it.

Edit: The mirror going with he will be ok for tonights game. http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/jordan-henderson-winning-fitness-battle-4182855?

gafferino wrote: »
    Can someone give an update on Henderson..... did he leave the England camp? I havent heard anything about it.

Edit: The mirror going with he will be ok for tonights game. http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/jordan-henderson-winning-fitness-battle-4182855?

Great, so they are going to play him and he'll aggrevate the injury... :mad:

fecks sake Hendo - fake it!

I wouldn't have said cowardly, just overawed and out of his depth. But he grew into it, and it's all his hard work (and some mental massaging by Peters!!)

And some face touching from Brendan :pac:

I wish none of our players played for England. They are poisonous.

Thank fcuk Gerrard retired

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

I was at the Norway game last week (free tickets :pac: ) and it was one of the worst games of football I'd ever seen. Even with our own national team you get a bit of drama now and again but I'd hate to be an England fan

A Sterling injury would really top it off.

With any luck he has a stinker of a game, sent off after 5 mins!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Be interesting to see if Hodgson and the English FA would try to force Gerrard or another recently retired player into having to play for the national team.

Just noticed how UEFA have gotten involved in a similar scenario with regards to Ribery, and some years back there was a similar situation with Makale when he was at Chelsea.

Could not see the UEFA threat against Ribery standing up against Emplyment law, but the fact that Platini was willing to openly comment on how a player should be banned from club football if he did not turn up for his country (even if the player had retired from International footy) does suggest that he would be a worthy successor to Blatter at some point.

• Advertisement

Kess73 wrote: »
    Could not see the UEFA threat against Ribery standing up against Emplyment law, but the fact that Platini was willing to openly comment on how a player should be banned from club football if he did not turn up for his country (even if the player had retired from International footy) does suggest that he would be a worthy successor to Blatter at some point.

Yeh, how dare these players prefer to use that time to (usually) spend time with their families, or to rest tired limbs, or do commercial work (which FIFA and UEFA are so keen on).

I would imagine it would be almost impossible to enforce? You don't have a contract for your country like you do for your club, so they have no real hold on you...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement