Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Note in OP, 1/09

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 913 ✭✭✭tomaussie

Nope. Asian-American.

Do you have a sister that likes LFC too ?

And does she dig the biker look ?

Probably more Bobby Munson than Jax Teller in fairness.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Dickerty wrote: »
    So I guess I'll be a surprise then...

My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a fifteen year old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. My father would womanize, he would drink, he would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Some times he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy, the sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament.
    My childhood was typical, summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When I was insolent I was placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds, pretty standard really. At the age of 12 I received my first scribe. At the age of fourteen, a Zoroastrian named Vilma ritualistically shaved my testicles. There really is nothing like a shorn scrotum, it's breathtaking, I suggest you try it.

And I bet I am STILL not the first on here... :D

My mother was a hamster and my father smelt of elderberries.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

I have never played this console game and I still know Johnson is 20 points above his grade.

Sure it's not out on your games console yet Harry (Mike :P).
    You're still getting high scores on your Pong game :D

gFlzyNil.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,279 ✭✭✭slingerz

Sturridge might be fit for the weekend so it seems the injury is not as bad as first feared

good news

doubt he'll be pushed back for the villa game though. likely go with Sterling and Coutinho off Balotelli and have Lallana/Lambert to come in off the bench

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,723 ✭✭✭Cartman78

For all you Kindle owning masochists out there....the "They Dared to Dream" book about last season is on the Daily Deals today for 99p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,723 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Cartman78 wrote: »
    For all you Kindle owning masochists out there....the "They Dared to Dream" book about last season is on the Daily Deals today for 99p

Just reading some of the reviews/comments on Amazon, this one made me laugh and then cry a little:

"Get it while you can"
    I tried to buy this in Waterstones but it was raining outside and I slipped. Whilst I was recovering Demba Ba nipped in and got the last copy.
    :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,294 ✭✭✭✭rob316

A book about how we almost won the league? FFS, we just open ourselves for the piss been taken out of us. Not a fan of Tomkins, totally blind to any negatives or just chooses to ignore them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Just reading some of the reviews/comments on Amazon, this one made me laugh and then cry a little:

"Get it while you can"
    I tried to buy this in Waterstones but it was raining outside and I slipped. Whilst I was recovering Demba Ba nipped in and got the last copy.
    :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

rob316 wrote: »
    A book about how we almost won the league? FFS, we just open ourselves for the piss been taken out of us. Not a fan of Tomkins, totally blind to any negatives or just chooses to ignore them.
    Didn't Tomkins come out and respond to the doing he started to get over it? Think he stated that it was more about FSG, Rodgers and what they're trying to achieve at the club.

TBQH I think he should have waited until the end of this season, the end of Rodgers initial 3 year contract, to do a compare and contrast on where the club was to where it is (will be then). I'd be interested in that

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

Sturridge might be fit for the weekend so it seems the injury is not as bad as first feared

Source??????

Please post links to this kind of stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

gafferino wrote: »
    Source??????

Please post links to this kind of stuff.

Yesterdays Echo. We will find out today how bad it is.
    Liverpool FC should discover the extent of Daniel Sturridge’s thigh injury tomorrow – but are hopeful that the problem is not as bad as initially feared.
    At present, Sturridge has not officially been ruled out of Saturday’s Premier League clash with Aston Villa at Anfield, though Reds boss Brendan Rodgers will be wary of taking any risks with his first-choice forward.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-discover-full-extent-daniel-7739493

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Kind of hope sturridge isint rushed back tbh now that we have an actual squad of players that are useful

klose wrote: »
    Kind of hope sturridge isint rushed back tbh now that we have an actual squad of players that are useful

I doubt they will be rushing him back and risk a bigger injury. If he is playing then id imagine he is fit.

klose wrote: »

He's still our star striker, and best hope for a goal in any game, so I would imagine they want him on the pitch whenever possible...

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭Underpaid Mike

He's still our star striker, and best hope for a goal in any game, so I would imagine they want him on the pitch whenever possible...

Need to pick our battles with Sturridge too though. He is not going to play every game given his injury record. No harm if he doesnt play against Villa as its always defensively we are in trouble against them rather than lacking goals

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

He is and we all know he will pick up more knocks and injuries through the season.

What we now have is three proven PL strikers in Balotelli, Lambert & Borini to cover for him when he gets these knocks/injuries. I wouldn't take a chance on rushing him back till he is 100% ready.

Need to pick our battles with Sturridge too though. He is not going to play every game given his injury record. No harm if he doesnt play against Villa as its always defensively we are in trouble against them rather than lacking goals

I trust BR to start a team that can do the job. Balo, Stevie and Lallana were all off-duty, so I would expect all to start. Allen is only playing tonight, so maybe he's the one to makeway for Lallana, or Can (who played CB for the Germany U21 side)...

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭Underpaid Mike

Coutinho vs Columbia last night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

handball !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Libpool have the second youngest squad in the Prem (just a month separates them from Newcastle) while Man City are the old men of the league and not QPR (they are second and will probably be top in January after they sign Johnson ;)).

Newcastle Utd (25.1)
    Liverpool (25.2)
    City (28.0)

• Advertisement

Time for Balotelli to show why we took the risk on him

Libpool have the second youngest squad in the Prem (just a month separates them from Newcastle) while Man City are the old men of the league and not QPR (they are second and will probably be top in January after they sign Johnson ;)).

Newcastle Utd (25.1)
    Liverpool (25.2)
    City (28.0)

You dont win anything with kids.

Sat night! And they are playing Equador tomorrow... :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

Playing one up top might work with Ballo, sturridge naturally likes to drop deep to get on the ball and suarez last season was a great foil for that system it worked beautifully well, not so much when Sturridge plays on his own because it just leaves a big hole with no striler in it as we seen against Southampton, but i think Ballo likes to stay up top more(despite him dropping deep against spurs) so he will give us more options when attacking with a lone striker.

Hard to know which way Rodgers will go against Villa, will Lambert start with Ballo?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

Hard to know which way Rodgers will go against Villa, will Lambert start with Ballo?

At the risk of re-starting the whole "Borini is a greedy git who should have signed for Sunderland and will never make it at LFC" debate, I hope Borini starts alongside Balo. If he gets a few games and isn't at the level required it will be a lot easier to shift him on at Xmas as he'll probably accept he was given a chance but LFC just isn't for him. On the other hand if he clicks and looks like an able replacement for Sturridge it's a nice big Brucie Bonus. Either way the club benefits. *

* Except if playing him blunts our attack and we end up dropping points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭punk_one82

Really don't get where the anti-Borini sentiment is coming from. He barely had a chance with us to date playing as a striker. He had some horrible luck with injuries, got loaned out and did a good job on loan! No idea why people say he's not at the level to cut it at Liverpool.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,279 ✭✭✭slingerz

Any update on Lallana's fitness ahead of the Villa game???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

The echos website are asking people what's their current liverpool 5-aside team. I've gone for:

Enrique (rush goalie) - officially the best keeper in the PL with a 100% clean sheet record. You do the maths.

Moreno - quick, can defend and can go forward. Perfect candidate.

Henderson - stamina to burn, has an eye for a pass and will get up and down the pitch all day.

Lallana - same as above but with a bit more going forward.

Sterling - best player at the club, form wise, at the minute.

Team name - teenage mutant ninja Skrtels.

My Everton player would be Shamie Coleman.

"I am looking forward. We had a friendly at Melwood recently and I looked forward to it like it was a Premier League game," he smiled. "10 months without playing is a long, long time".

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/170414-enrique-why-i-can-t-stop-smiling

• Advertisement

slingerz wrote: »
    Any update on Lallana's fitness ahead of the Villa game???

He played and scored in a behind closed doors friendly a few days ago so I would be surprised if he wasnt involved on Saturday and/or Tuesday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

I don't get why people think Borini should be ahead of Lambert in the pecking order.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

8-10 wrote: »
    I don't get why people think Borini should be ahead of Lambert in the pecking order.

I think Boroni can play in a front three better than Lambert can...on paper anyway.

However, Lambert has made two contributions in three games whilst getting an assist for England last night.

If it is diamond with two up top then Lambert.

If it is a 4-3-3 with Lambert at the tip then I worry he will be isolated but fine.

If it was a choice between Lambert and Boroni either side of Ballo (as main man) in a 4-3-3 then I'd pick Boroni.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

Got to look at who would cause Villa more problems, I'd say balo up top with sterling in behind supported by players with a bit of pace, wouldn't be surprised to see Markowicz involved somewhere. Have the feeling the Villa would be well set up to deal with a slower player like Lambert.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

8-10 wrote: »

Both are 2 different options off the bench. Lambert would offer a lot of variety up top, if you look at his cameo for England last night, it was to hold the ball up. It turns out it was his running on the ball and clever pass that got England thier second goal. So he can do alot to sing a game by either changing our style of play, or slotting into it. He'l get goals either way and create chances.
    Borini is a willing runner, draws defenders out of position and can finish, although, I wouldn't call him clinical.

So Borini would be the same of less effective off the bench than the player he replaces.
    Lambert offers something different.

That would be why Lambert is ahead of him.

hefferboi wrote: »
    The echos website are asking people what's their current liverpool 5-aside team. I've gone for:

Enrique (rush goalie) - officially the best keeper in the PL with a 100% clean sheet record. You do the maths.
    Henderson - stamina to burn, has an eye for a pass and will get up and down the pitch all day.

Nice one.

I would have
    Migs - Good shop stopper, not too big
    Sakho - All legs, nothing would get past him!
    Lallana - quicker eye for a pass/goal than Hendo, stamina less of an issue on a smaller pitch
    Sterling - All day long, any format
    Borini - a fox in the box, suited to the smaller spaces, quick over the short distance

Everton charity call-up - Baines, quick and good distribution

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

hefferboi wrote: »

Going with:

Mignolet
    Lovren
    Moreno
    Sterling
    Sturridge

Lovren holding fort in the back. Flanked by wing backs Moreno and Sterling, and Sturridge the lone man up front, whacking em in.

Might be persuaded to swap Lovren for Gerrard.

Everton shout out: Tim Howard. He has tourettes and I find random swearing funny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭skywalker

5 a side without Coutinho? Y'all crazy.

Knex. wrote: »
    Might be persuaded to swap Lovren for Gerrard.

Ah go on. Go ON!
    You know you want to!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

gafferino wrote: »
    "I am looking forward. We had a friendly at Melwood recently and I looked forward to it like it was a Premier League game," he smiled. "10 months without playing is a long, long time".

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/170414-enrique-why-i-can-t-stop-smiling

He's only smiling cause the new FIFA demo is out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

skywalker wrote: »
    5 a side without Coutinho? Y'all crazy.

Valid point. I forgot about the fella, but then again, he can't hit the bigger goals, so dunno how he's gonna score in the smaller ones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Knex. wrote: »
    Valid point. I forgot about the fella, but then again, he can't hit the bigger goals, so dunno how he's gonna score in the smaller ones.

But the through balls man - THINK OF THE THROUGH BALLS!!

Helen_Lovejoy.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

--Mignolet
    ----Sakho
    Allen-Coutinho
    --Sturridge

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Hendo
    Lallana
    Coutinho
    Sterling
    Sturridge

Like traditonal 5 a side we'll change keeper every goal or two :p

kfallon wrote: »
    Hendo
    Lallana
    Coutinho
    Sterling
    Sturridge

Like traditonal 5 a side we'll change keeper every goal or two :p

You crazy. 3 and in!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Eventually everyone WILL be the Leeds Utd manager :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Fescue

So assuming Lallana plays some part on Saturday, where do people see him playing?

I think he will become a favourite amongst fans, aside from his quality as a player, his workrate will always endear him to supporters.

I think himself and Henderson ahead of Gerrard in the 3 man midfield is the way to go. Sterling is almost making that number 10 role his own at this stage.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Fescue wrote: »
    So assuming Lallana plays some part on Saturday, where do people see him playing?

I think he will become a favourite amongst fans, aside from his quality as a player, his workrate will always endear him to supporters.

I think himself and Henderson ahead of Gerrard in the 3 man midfield is the way to go. Sterling is almost making that number 10 role his own at this stage.

Can't wait to see him!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Fescue wrote: »

With everyone available I think Allen's position is the one Lallana would threaten to take. Could play at the tip of the diamond as well but I think Sterling followed by Coutinho would be ahead of him there.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Super-Rush wrote: »

I dunno, would like to see Fowler do well in management but, the scenario at Leeds, with their chairman the guy from Italy....he is not a patient man by any sense of the word.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement