Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Note in OP, 1/09

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

I'm dying laughing at that :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭stampydmonkey

djPSB wrote: »
    Streets of Rage on the Sega Mega.
    Bomberman and smash tennis on the nes..and a bag of the good stuff...oh happy days

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Liverpool are seething at England’s treatment of Daniel Sturridge after the striker had a request rejected for a recovery training session on the day he suffered his thigh injury.
    Brendan Rodgers will be without his leading forward for up to three weeks, with a problem sustained while training at St George’s Park last Friday.
    “We certainly feel it could have been prevented,” said the Liverpool manager who, with Emre Can out for six weeks with an ankle injury collected playing for Germany Under-21s and Joe Allen jarring a knee playing for Wales, is counting a high cost from the international break.
    Liverpool are to make a complaint to the Football Association over Sturridge’s latest injury on international duty, which occurred less than 48 hours after he played 89 minutes of England’s friendly against Norway.
    Rodgers believes the issue could have been avoided had the manager, Roy Hodgson, and his backroom staff followed Sturridge’s individual recovery programme at club level, details of which England had, although the FA would argue the management must maximise the limited time they get with the player.
    “These types of players you have to recover individually,” said Rodgers. “You can’t just throw a blanket over them and think one recovery fits everyone because it doesn’t.”
    Normally, the 25-year-old has an active recovery session two days after a match – a low-to-moderate-intensity routine designed to avoid muscle problems. Sturridge asked England’s coaching team for such a session last Friday but though Gary Cahill sat out training that day with a fitness problem, the Liverpool striker was instructed to take part in regular training instead. He subsequently pulled up with the thigh injury and missed England’s Euro 2016 qualifying win over Switzerland on Monday when his replacement, Danny Welbeck, scored twice.

Disgraceful from England. Strudwick is Engllands & Man Utds is the fitness coach responsible fo this :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Looks like it might kick of with the FA. Sturridge asked for a recovery session after playing 90 minutes and England instructed him to take part in a regular training session.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

**** sake!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

Or FIFA 94. Two footed lunge then do a burner so the ref couldnt book you :D

That's post of the day. Not just on the soccer forum, or even Boards.ie but the whole internet.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

That's post of the day. Not just on the soccer forum, or even Boards.ie but the whole internet.

It should def go into the Humour thread.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Microprose Soccer on the Commodore 64, or a bit later, Striker on the SNES were my favourites.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Kick off on the gameboy, fcuk me but that was an awful game to play but play it I did. Not a patch on megaman soccer though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

gafferino wrote: »
    Interesting he denied any knowledge of Valdes :cool:

Doesn't surprise me that he dodged that question, Brendan is very diplomatic when talking to the press and never really says anything foolish and rarely gives them headlines.

Benny hill music is very fitting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Kick Off 2 on the Amiga, best footy sim ever!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭sweetie

Emlyn Hughes International soccer on the C64 ftw!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

All you with you fancy computers

All I had was a Spectrum 48k.

Thats right, a whopping 48 kb of memory

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

MD1990 wrote: »
    Disgraceful from England. Strudwick is Engllands & Man Utds is the fitness coach responsible fo this :(

Eh...what???

Eh...what???

Ahh, don't detract from all this retro nostalgia going on.

Look at the FIFA 94 video. Just look at it.

Its hilarious.

Eh...what???

Did your alarm go off there Will? :pac:

Augmerson wrote: »
    Did your alarm go off there Will? :pac:

Yeah, I must get someone to look at it, it was 2 hours late...

Knex. wrote: »
    Ahh, don't detract from all this retro nostalgia going on.

Look at the FIFA 94 video. Just look at it.

Its hilarious.

I see that but seriously, I've read that post 3 times and I haven't a clue what it is meant to mean :confused:

Oh and Emlyn Hughes International Soccer was the king of football games.

• Advertisement

I see that but seriously, I've read that post 3 times and I haven't a clue what it is meant to mean :confused:

He likes acid.

He likes acid.

A healthy fondness for seeing your dead grandmother climbing up your leg with a knife in her teeth is always a heart warming experience.

A healthy fondness for seeing your dead grandmother climbing up your leg with a knife in her teeth is always a heart warming experience.

I seen the Hamburglar from McDonalds in my hallway preventing me from turning on the light. Funny now but it scared the sh*t out of me at the time.

He likes acid.
    I seen the Hamburglar from McDonalds in my hallway preventing me from turning on the light. Funny now but it scared the sh*t out of me at the time.

Checks to see if in the right thread;)

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Checks to see if in the right thread;)

This thread is like those channels that turn into the late night adult "babestations". After 1 am we start talking about Class A's.

tumblr_natpol2C2P1r2amcuo1_500.jpg

This thread is like those channels that turn into the late night adult "babestations". After 1 am we start talking about Class A's.

tumblr_natpol2C2P1r2amcuo1_500.jpg

I see, I think.. The first three posts of this page is suited for after hours;).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

This thread needs a football match badly........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

NukaCola wrote: »
    This thread needs a football match badly........

This thread needs a plague, far too many people spacing out here :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,139 ✭✭✭flanzer

Ah here, close the internet, it's over. That's the funniest thing I've seen in years. :D

I'm a laughing mess here in work. Snots, tears and sweat running down my face

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

I was chased down the North quays by ghosts wearing clothes from the 1850s. One of them was lifting weights. I got home and took my ma's holy water from the press and put it into the four corners of the room to keep the spirits away. I couldn't properly sleep for weeks. I was called Casper for a while by a few of my mates. Great days.

Remember kids, don't do drugs.

• Advertisement

Remember kids, don't do drugs. As you see there's a chance you may turn into an Utd fan.

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭Underpaid Mike

Sakho talking about Mario

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/170600-sakho-reveals-banter-with-balotelli
    "We spoke to each other at the ground [Bank of America Stadium] and the picture of us is very nice - looking at our matching haircuts and everything. He took the mickey out of me saying: 'So you speak English now?'"

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Remember kids, don't do drugs. As you see there's a chance you may turn into an Utd fan.

Ah but think of the memories a Liverpool fan could block out :pac:

Living in a skip with no arse in my trousers would probably be more appealing than following certain teams tbf!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

So this is the next 7 games. Going to be interesting with the CL games thrown in there. I have to say our transfer activity has been good and our squad depth quite good so we should be able to cope with this including injuries etc.

Sat - 13 Barclays Premier League Aston Villa H 17:30

Tue - 16 Champions League Ludogorets H 19:45

Sat - 20 Barclays Premier League West Ham A 17:30

Tue - 23 Capital One Cup Middlesbrough H 19:45

Sat - 27 Barclays Premier League Everton H 12:45

Wed - 1 Champions League Basel A 19:45

Sat - 4 Barclays Premier League West Brom H 15:00

Mozdarec..... are you planning to do your table again this year? Found that quite good last season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Saw this on twitter :)

vvbMJdul.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

kfallon wrote: »
    Kick Off 2 on the Amiga, best footy sim ever!

I fcuking loved that game & Player manager as well :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

gafferino wrote: »
    Tue - 16 Champions League Ludogorets H 19:45

Wed - 1 Champions League Basel A 19:45

DAT feel seeing Champions League again :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,723 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Saw this on twitter :)

vvbMJdul.jpg

Poor aul Aldo - remember him stripping off down to his jocks in front of the Kop at full time....not a tattoo or six-pack in sight :D

That game and the 5-0 against Forest (back when Forest were decent) were the absolute peak of controlled attacking football imho

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Just catching up with the Sturridge stuff. Disgraceful carry on. Liverpool should refuse to play ball with the English FA if that's how they are going to behave. Sterling, Sturridge and Henderson should start pulling up with "injuries" before all international friendlies from now on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

I fcuking loved that game & Player manager as well :)

Alex Reeves, the only 63 year old left back Player-Manager to ever perform in the old first division :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

Vicxas wrote: »
    DAT feel seeing Champions League again :D

carlton-dance-o.gif

"Its not unusual to be loved by any one..."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

Hopefully we see some fringe players given a chance in the Carling Cup game. This is the team I'd like to see (assuming they are fit):

Mig
    Flanagan Toure Sakho Enrique
    Can Lucas Allen
    Suso Lambert Borini

Bar maybe Toure, every one of those outfield players has a legitimate chance of breaking the starting eleven if they put in a good performance. I'd like to see the team progress in the competition to give these guys games, it could prove to be very beneficial for Rodgers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭jem

Dickerty wrote: »
    Ah jaysus, I think only Harry here is older than me!
    '73 kid here... :mad:
    Sorry Kid I'm 5 years older than you :(
    I have been lucky to see some of the best club teams ever.
    IMHO the 3 best Liverpool Teams of my time watching are in order
    The 1988/89 team
    The Liverpool double winning team.
    The EC winning team 80/81 beating Real Madrid in Paris( was sure that it was in Madrid, memory must be failing me)

While outside England.
    The Barca Team.
    The AC Milan 1989/90 team of Barasi, Maldini, Rikard, Van Basten,Gullit.
    The 12/13 Bayern Team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

magma69 wrote: »
    Hopefully we see some fringe players given a chance in the Carling Cup game. This is the team I'd like to see (assuming they are fit):

Mig
    Flanagan Toure Sakho Enrique
    Can Lucas Allen
    Suso Lambert Borini

Bar maybe Toure, every one of those outfield players has a legitimate chance of breaking the starting eleven if they put in a good performance. I'd like to see the team progress in the competition to give these guys games, it could prove to be very beneficial for Rodgers.

Bolded are all injured, Dont see Borini starting either Rodgers said in the press conference if Lambert doest start the weekend hes going to start v Middlesbrough. Some tough games coming up need to rest a good few players imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

jasus poor oul Mighty Red

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

ASOT wrote: »
    Bolded are all injured, Dont see Borini starting either Rodgers said in the press conference if Lambert doest start the weekend hes going to start v Middlesbrough. Some tough games coming up need to rest a good few players imo.

Ah ****e didn't realise Can got injured on international duty too, the other two lads are expected to be fit by the time the Middlesborough match comes around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

Just read a piece about it on TAW now. We don't need a mascot but those lads over at TAW are ridiculously up their own arses.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Lot of russled jimmies over a mascot.

Think a lot of folk are equating their masqulinity with going to matches.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement