Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Note in OP, 1/09

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Ganymede Glow

Back in the big time!

BxlgXijIEAArDqc.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Knex. wrote: »
    Should have left Super Rush do the match thread v Villa.

I think everyone should blame Harry. Its the only logical thing to do.

That's it. I'm not doing another one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭Talisman

JB81 wrote: »
    Hi

Was just wondering, i haven't had SKY for a while. But a few years back i was able to record the Liverpool games on LFC TV at 12 midnight and watch them the next day. Has this now stopped, i ask because i didnt see it broadcast on sunday until the evening time on LFC TV,

Thanks
    JB
    /../
    It's determined by the kick off time of the game. If it's an early kick off or at 3pm then the club has the rights to show the delayed broadcast from midnight. If it's a later kick off then they don't get the rights until some time the following day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

I've a 100% match thread record. Ye all doubted me but I did the business when it counted.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Somebody set us up the CL match thread madafackas

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Former chairman David Moores secured planning permission to move to Stanley Park, and his successors Tom Hicks and George Gillett Jr also succeeded in having another more lavish design get the go-ahead.
    On both occasions permission was granted before the finance to build was in place. Fenway Sports Group have the builders ready to move on site within the next four months having already put the revenue in place to make the necessary alterations to the existing stadium.

Ian Ayre at it again getting the £25m knocked off the price :pac:
    Liverpool believe the Main Stand upgrade will now cost £75m, a significant decrease of around £25m from earlier projections

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/11097720/Liverpool-edge-closer-to-getting-53500-Anfield-go-ahead.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Just realised that I could create match threads now that Suarez is gone, what with my first and last being the Chelsea game when he bit Ivanovic.

Then I remembered we now have Balotelli.

Prob best if I continue to take the back seat for a while on these.

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭Bray Header

NukaCola wrote: »
    Ah Andy Townsend.

"Thats what you want from your striker...goals."

"I think one of these teams could win this"

"Hart would have wanted to save that Clive..."

"The Belgians will play like their fellow Scandinavians, Denmark and Sweden"

"There are three results possible in this match"

"If Bayern get a third here I fear for Arsenal... I really do"

Great....

"That's better"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭Talisman

Ian Ayre at it again getting the £25m knocked off the price :pac:
    He sometimes works miracles but not in this case. The previous price was inflated because of logistical issues - plant equipment hire was at a premium in the UK due to some major projects and the boom in China also drove up demand for steel. Steel prices are now almost at half of what they were at their peak.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

x43r0 wrote: »
    I was at the game but don't have much to add apart from what's already been said here

The most annoying point for me was that nobody seemed confident in playing a forward pass/through ball in the last third and as a result, whenever the ball got up the pitch to a certain point it ended up being passed back. It seemed like Sakho and Lovren had the most possession, which seriously grinded my gears. I'd prefer to see an attempted killer pass and lose the ball rather than seeing markovic/coutinho playing it back to lovren who would just distribute amongst the back 4 + Hendo/Gerrard who would play it upfield and just repeat

Posted a while ago but I couldn't agree more with this. Was also at the game and the number of times Lovren was left with the ball with little or no movement ahead of him was initially shocking and, ultimately, depressing.
    Also concerned me that Villa's passing/movement under pressure and in attacking areas of the pitch was vastly superior to ours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

My match thread record is terrible....

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=78437432 Fulhams first win at Anfield

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=77886957 We lost 2-0 to Newcastle and Enrique had a brief stint in goal :pac:

Swore to myself never again, maybe this could be the turning point?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Utd fan says to me, and argues, with a straight face today, that Utd should win the league, and Liverpool are in turmoil.

what the fúck did I do to deserve this sort of bolloxology in my life?

ASOT wrote: »
    My match thread record is terrible....

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=78437432 Fulhams first win at Anfield

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=77886957 We lost 2-0 to Newcastle and Enrique had a brief stint in goal :pac:

Swore to myself never again, maybe this could be the turning point?

Don't even think about it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

SlickRic wrote: »
    Utd fan says to me, and argues, with a straight face today, that Utd should win the league, and Liverpool are in turmoil.

As I said earlier; less of the weekly post match bipolarism, and more of the bigger picture.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Ganymede Glow

I've only every done 2 match threads. Both resulted in wins

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭woodyg

you need new friends!
    hyperbole exists in 99% of all football conversations so prepare for what will be a very very long season

imho Liverpool have a battle on there hands for 4th this season
    champions league will stretch the squad and all the other teams have improved
    time will tell if the new recruits settle and another tilt at a title happens

either way hold on to your hats folks it's going to be a hell of a ride

startin tomorrow night with the return of the Kop roar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,042 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Not the ideal start to the season, but if we win our next league game we're still only a point behind my personal target of 10 points every 5 games.

Definitely didn't agree with resting Sterling for this particular one though, that team had far too many new players starting - it was never, and could never, realistically have been a cohesive performance. Daithi pointed out the same before the game, and was proven to be very correct.

I've seen Balotelli getting some abuse though, and to be honest I actually thought he did his lone striker role quite well. Was always up there to receive the ball, and fought to hold off his marker. Sure, he wasn't doing a lot of dynamic running, but that wasn't his role. his success depended on the runners coming past him, and unfortunately they didn't play as well as they should have. He'll definitely be better for us in a front two I think though.

Speaking of which, if at all possible, in a game we're really trying to win, we should be starting with two strikers if at all possible. The only games i'd be ok with one up, are the hardest away teams where we're trying to consolidate first and foremost, and grab one on the break.

Turmoil just isn't what it used to be back in the old days.

Somebody set it up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

24 hours till kick off

feels-good

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Let's hope it's a painless first time.
    I'm leaving my first for like a super important game and I hope we lose

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Let's hope it's a painless first time.
    I'm leaving my first for like a super important game and I hope we lose

Worst. Fan. Ever.

The phrasing made me laugh.

Smack of Fisher Price off it :pac:

Knex. wrote: »
    The phrasing made me laugh.

Smack of Fisher Price off it :pac:

More paint by numbers :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Worst. Fan. Ever.

149746d1365546726t-my-first-24-hours-z10-worst-post-ever.jpg

IT'S ****ING ON NOW CHAPS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

They grow up so fast
    *sniff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

Walked into work this morning, first thing I heard was "1 nil haha". I took it in my stride and the banter was back and forth. Your man goes, "to be fair, Aston villa are liverpools bogey team, every team has one". The other lad goes, "who are uniteds?" I says we are, messing, and your man goes, "sure ye haven't beat us in a while". I tells him we hammered ye twice last year and he comes back and says, "sure we beat ye already this season with our reserves". I was genuinely lost, and asked him when? He says in the champions cup in August. He was dead serious about this as well! I just laughed and walked away.

Just reading this back, that was a shocking story. You had to be there :(

Tl;dr: United fans are dopes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Ignoring the finer details for a minute, how surprised will you be if United finish ahead of Liverpool this season?

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭NoelJ

Ignoring the finer details for a minute, how surprised will you be if United finish ahead of Liverpool this season?

Not shocked but if they won the league I'd be amazed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,296 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Wouldn't be shocked they have bought some real quality and have the same advantage we had last season of not playing in europe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

not at all.

winning the league and us in turmoil is a stretch though.

they've had one good game, and we've had a bad one. that's it.

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭NoelJ

Jordan Henderson is the new Vice Captain. Well deserved I think. He's been a great player for us.

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/170805-henderson-confirmed-as-new-vice-captain

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭mightyreds

hefferboi wrote: »
    Just reading this back, that was a shocking story. You had to be there :(

Tl;dr: United fans are dopes.

Champions cup is this years charity shield:-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

NoelJ wrote: »
    Jordan Henderson is the new Vice Captain. Well deserved I think. He's been a great player for us.

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/170805-henderson-confirmed-as-new-vice-captain

Absolutely delighted for him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Great move by the manager !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

"Jordan is someone who represents the best values of what we are all about, as a team and as a club," the manager said of Henderson.

"Both he and Steven are examples to others in how they conduct themselves on and off the pitch. It's how they live their lives, it's how they train and it's how they approach their work.

"Jordan is completely dedicated to the game and his leadership qualities come from the example he sets. It's another great story for Jordan in his journey as a Liverpool player and it shows the great progress he has made.

"For club and country he holds himself really well, he's got great stature and I believe he will be an important player here for years to come."

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

not at all.

winning the league and us in turmoil is a stretch though.

they've had one good game, and we've had a bad one. that's it.
    Winning 3 0 at spurs is a far more impressive result than beating qpr 4 0 at home. They will definetly be in the mix for top 4 now and I think they will finish top 4 as they have finally got some pace in the team and a couple of midfielders who can pass the ball forward.
    Well deserved for henderson no problem in admitting I never thought he would be of top 4 standard. Said it at the time but that sending off against city was crucial in the end last year. Just shows how important he is to the team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

"So Jordon, I'm going to make you vice captain"
    Liverpool-Training.jpg

• Advertisement

Absolutely delighted for him

Rarely has a player turned my opinion so drastically since that 1st season.
    Well deserved and good for the team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

When I said during the summer hendo will succeed gerrard as captain I was slated and now he is appointed everyone is saying great decision (which it is)

2b6Yo7e.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

Fair play to Hendo, didn't throw in the towel and persevered and showed what he's capable of. Well deserved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

When I said during the summer hendo will succeed gerrard as captain I was slated and now he is appointed everyone is saying great decision (which it is)

Delighted for Henderson, its a massive honor for him but I never saw him as a possible candidate for captain

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Fescue

This is your moment. Cherish it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

I love Jordan Henderson. Apart from some wayward shooting he's perfect for the way we play. I'm delighted for him.

No Hendo,no party.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

Delighted for Hendo . Along with our fullbacks he was the only player to come out the Villa game with any credit . He will thrive with the added responsibility.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Delighted for Hendo. To have turned his Liverpool career around like this is brilliant.

2b6Yo7e.gif

Love the guy.

BxQQzToIQAA7_-h.png:small

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Delighted for hendo, put the head down and worked his arse off and got his just reward.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement