Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Note in OP, 1/09

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

I wish I could photoshop a rainbow flying out of Hendo;s laughing mouth in that image.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

It's only matter of time before his knees explode and takes out half the squad with him

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

I wish I could photoshop a rainbow flying out of Hendo;s laughing mouth in that image.....

Luckycharms is your man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

That is a pretty big decision from Rodgers! Fair play to Henderson, as I wouldn't have called that, myself.

He has stepped it up again this season, imo (best player v Villa I thought as well), so its deserved. During the summer I would have said that I was sceptical about him being captain material, and perhaps I still am, but I'm happy with the call.

Future Liverpool captain, and he's still only 24.

Hendo's red card last season was pivotal (in a bad way), we really can't do without the lad, he has gone from being in Gerrard's shadow to imposing himself on the pitch regularly, tremendous.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

When I said during the summer hendo will succeed gerrard as captain I was slated and now he is appointed everyone is saying great decision (which it is)

Did anyone who slated you (*citation needed) say now it was a great decision?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Mig? No
    Manquillo? No
    Johnson? no
    Flanno? Maybe NO!
    Skrtel? No
    Lovren? No
    Sakho? Que? No
    Toure eh? No
    Enrique? No
    Moreno? No
    Allen? Maybe
    Lallana? No
    Lucas? No
    Can? No
    Sterling? No
    Coutinho? No
    Lambert? No
    Balo? Only for the laugh, er no.
    Borini? No
    Sturridge? No
    Markovic? No

Hendo got lucky. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Knex. wrote: »
    That is a pretty big decision from Rodgers! Fair play to Henderson, as I wouldn't have called that, myself.

He has stepped it up again this season, imo (best player v Villa I thought as well), so its deserved. During the summer I would have said that I was sceptical about him being captain material, and perhaps I still am, but I'm happy with the call.

Future Liverpool captain, and he's still only 24.

I dunno I kinda saw it a bit. Last season I saw him a good few times having words with players like Cissohko for example and the other day against Villa, he was trying to gee up Sakho.
    Stuff like that is lacking in the team to be honest.

I had actually said that I thought it would go to either Skrtel or Johnson. Happier it went to Henderson, but I am surprised.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Never thought Henderson would turn out the way he has. Should be an example to everyone of how some players take time to settle and how young players take time to mature into a role.

Had Henderson pegged as future captain last season, he has everything in his locker for the role.

Delighted for him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Fescue

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Had Henderson pegged as future captain last season, he has everything in his locker for the role.

Delighted for him.

I wonder will we get to see him captain the team soon?

Surely Gerrard will need to be rested now we have games coming thick and fast.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

I'd also told ye shower so.
    Worst.ever

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,296 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Delighted for Henderson, rarely has a bad game and his off the ball work is priceless to this team. His energy and ability to get up and down the pitch for 90 mins is unreal. Not just a work horse either he can create and score, although I would like to see more of that.

"Our new vice-captain. He has worked his socks off for this honour. Well done mate."

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/170836-stevie-s-response-to-hendo-appointment

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,723 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Fluffy piece here on F365 which will pass a few mins for anyone bored out of their mind at work

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Tonight I would go

_____________Mignolet______________
    Manquillo____Lovren____Sakho___Moreno
    ____________Gerrard_______________
    ____Henderson________Coutinho______
    _____________Lallana_______________
    ________Sterling________Balotelli______

Allen is injured & Markovic is suspended. Sterling could be useful in a front 2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,296 ✭✭✭✭rob316

MD1990 wrote: »
    Tonight I would go

_____________Mignolet______________
    Manquillo____Lovren____Sakho___Moreno
    ____________Gerrard_______________
    ____Henderson________Coutinho______
    _____________Lallana_______________
    ________Sterling________Balotelli______

Allen is injured & Markovic is suspended. Sterling could be useful in a front 2.

Yes I would go with that too, or swap Lallana and Coutinho. Sterling up top is needed as without sturridge we miss that lightning pace upfront, Balotelli is no slouch but he doesn't have that burst of pace over the first few yards.

Whats the story with the training gear? Havent seen this before is it a champions league thing?

10710590_10152836905377573_5490534432253975426_n.jpg?oh=089f59187e93620190a6b2c28414bf57&oe=548931DF&__gda__=1422860938_aee87d8cdcf574f12a3edb4f56c4d1f7

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/liverpool-football-clubs-expansion-anfield-7776401#.VBcj6f45lg4.facebook

Liverpool FC's plans for the extension of Anfield stadium have been recommended for approval by Liverpool council planners.

Elected members of the planning committee will now visit Anfield next Tuesday before voting on the scheme.

LFC_View03_FINAL.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Must be CL only as it's not sponsored by Garuda. Get on it Mr Ayre, more money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

gafferino wrote: »
    Whats the story with the training gear? Havent seen this before is it a champions league thing?

10710590_10152836905377573_5490534432253975426_n.jpg?oh=089f59187e93620190a6b2c28414bf57&oe=548931DF&__gda__=1422860938_aee87d8cdcf574f12a3edb4f56c4d1f7

Think clubs always have different cl training gear, the garuda sponser thing is gone as i dont think its allowed. Same when we were in the europa, we had purple tops with orange shirts which was.....interesting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

Fescue wrote: »
    Surely Gerrard will need to be rested now we have games coming thick and fast.

Hope so, would like to see what formation we'd use without him, and now we play. I don't buy into the belief that he's so important to the team, and that the young guns need him on the pitch. If anything, when the pressure comes on, he tries to hard to make things happen, which is what you don't need. Would love to see us play a few games without this "quarterback" deep lying midfielder, would be great to have a DM that gets in tackles and breaks up play

Looks shite

Don't forget that U19s Champions League for nippers at 2 pm St Helens is the venue on LFCfv from 1.30.

This link contains the squad for the competition and basically its everyone who's young enough!

http://www.uefa.com/uefayouthleague/season=2015/clubs/club=2606417/squad/index.html

Looks shite

Was just about to say that!

Penny's gear with a crest or two sewn on!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Don't forget that U19s Champions League for nippers at 2 pm St Helens is the venue on LFCfv from 1.30.

Urgh, I don't feel well. Might need to take a half-day boss...

The polo neck ....jesus.

Who's Penny? :confused:

Dickerty wrote: »
    Who's Penny? :confused:

Penny Sterling. The youngest of Raheens 5 childer

• Advertisement

This link contains the squad for the competition and basically its everyone who's young enough!

Would like to see Kent and Canos either side of Sinclair, with Rossiter, Phillips & Brannagan behind.
    Dunno what defense he'll put out...

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/video/collections/home-catch-up-tv#19185

Free on LFCTV at the moment: The Road to Istanbul - Episode 1

Edit: this is well worth a watch. Totally forgot about Gerrards 1st goal in the qualifiers. Owen on the bench.

9 players that started the qualifier against Graz started the champions league final!!

Defence? What defence?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

It may be enhanced by the angle of the photo, but you can see how much bulk Sterling put on in a short time. Amazing really.

That age is just perfect for gaining size naturally. Won't do that in your 30's very easily without assistance.

Bet you he'll end up with a similar physicality to Ronaldo. And then he'll be a fcuking beast of a player.

Hope he has a long career with us.

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Pulsating Star

Looks shite

I quite like it, looks like cold weather gear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

If markovic is suspended i hope suso is on the bench, borini didnt do much the other day so i wonder if he will be on the bench or in the stands.

Penny Sterling. The youngest of Raheens 5 childer

Who's Raheen?? :confused:

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Ganymede Glow

Finally today has come. Can't wait!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

I'm really nervous about the game tonight, a bad result and it could really shake the confidence of this team

• Advertisement

I'm really nervous about the game tonight, a bad result and it could really shake the confidence of this team

Could say the same about every game. I think Balo would benefit greatly from a goal, but Lallana being in the side is postivie, and Raheen (sic) coming back in, and every game the back 4 plays together will improve them...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

I can go one better :P

bjfH0jg.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

I'd like to see Suso get a run out tonight. Generally Champions League games are slower paced than domestic fixture and I think he could flourish in the competition if given the opportunity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

magma69 wrote: »
    I'd like to see Suso get a run out tonight. Generally Champions League games are slower paced than domestic fixture and I think he could flourish in the competition if given the opportunity.

Not a chance.

Now is not the time for including players are not likely to feature much this season for the sake of it.

We badly need a performance to go with the occasion tonight.

10557171_10152838700022573_4233862812400917583_n.jpg?oh=334150eded622f06efdc8e81d8c65eff&oe=549A2496

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

noodler wrote: »
    Not a chance.

Now is not the time for including players are not likely to feature much this season for the sake of it.

We don't actually have that many options on the bench though.

I would think the priorities would be giving Gerrard a rest, and getting whichever 2 of Coutinho, Lambert and Borini don't start onto the pitch but Suso's the next in line after that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 981 ✭✭✭amber69

Dickerty wrote: »
    Would like to see Kent and Canos either side of Sinclair, with Rossiter, Phillips & Brannagan behind.
    Dunno what defense he'll put out...

I think Seamus 'Shay' Ojo has to start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

noodler wrote: »
    Not a chance.

You don't think Suso will play many games this season? I very much doubt that. And it's not like he has nothing to offer as a player either like you're making out.

Gbear wrote: »
    We don't actually have that many options on the bench though.

I would think the priorities would be giving Gerrard a rest, and getting whichever 2 of Coutinho, Lambert and Borini don't start onto the pitch but Suso's the next in line after that.

I would be flabbergasted if Rodgers chooses to rest Gerrard in our first Champions League match in 5 years. No chance IMHO.

amber69 wrote: »
    I think Seamus 'Shay' Ojo has to start.

Possibly, he had a great game the other day, but he's a bit unreliable as a CM.
    Let's see how positive we decide to play it!

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Daniel Pacheco @dani37pacheco Follow CL football back where it belongs. Back to 1 of the best grounds ever. Enjoy all reds , you deserve it. YNWA will be amazing to hear tonight

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement