Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Note in OP, 1/09

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

I can go one better :P

bjfH0jg.gif

10653848_10152705345204138_3422237122519630276_n.jpg?oh=34ad3a667bd38c941aeb5d9bd99f3492&oe=549368AB

I'm not very good at this

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭Underpaid Mike

This is the last team we fielded in the CL

tFxOwBo.jpg

Since then

44 Liverpool have bought 44 players since last playing in the Champions League in 2009-10

4 Only a quartet of players remain from their group-stage exit in the 2009-10 Champions League - midfielders Steven Gerrard and Lucas Leiva, and defenders Glen Johnson and Martin Skrtel

4 Liverpool have employed four managers in that time - Rafael Benitez, who left at the end of the 2010 season, Roy Hodgson, Kenny Dalglish and Brendan Rodgers

£400m Liverpool have spent a shade over £400m on players since the summer of 2009, including £35m on Andy Carroll

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/11098284/Liverpools-Champions-League-exile-has-been-excruciatingly-painful-and-cost-400m-to-bring-to-an-end.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Ganymede Glow

Well those guys are ready

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,321 ✭✭✭ratracer

Beers in the fridge, snacks sorted, Mrs RR sent to a 'meeting' at 7.30pm.

The Champions League, in all it's HD glory, live from Anfield......let's just get it on :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Demosthenese

I don't see how everyone is so nervous ... home game, CL, huge dissapointment from Saturdays game usually meaning we bounce back with a superb performance.

Its basically setup for a good night. Opposition will be ****ting themselves. If they've done their homework they'll have seen the Villa game and will basically setup like that - we will have learned and hopefully be more patient with a massive increase in attacking speed and blow them out of the water.

2-0 3-0 and Ballo to open the account with a header.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

I don't see how everyone is so nervous ... home game, CL, huge dissapointment from Saturdays game usually meaning we bounce back with a superb performance.

Its basically setup for a good night. Opposition will be ****ting themselves. If they've done their homework they'll have seen the Villa game and will basically setup like that - we will have learned and hopefully be more patient with a massive increase in attacking speed and blow them out of the water.

2-0 3-0 and Ballo to open the account with a header.

Thats 9/1, same with Gerrard to score outside the box, also 9/1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Demosthenese

ASOT wrote: »
    Thats 9/1, same with Gerrard to score outside the box, also 9/1

Just gona Ballotelli forst Gs and 2-0 ... something like 17/1 ... i had those kind of double bets but its a free bet so fingers crossed!

My heart tells me 3-0 ... my head tells me 2-0 possibly 3-1 depending how the defence feels they need to reinforce their places by making up for their display from Saturday.

Won't be pretty for neutrals methinks most will tune into Arsenal v Dortmund.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Ganymede Glow

Lambert to get off the mark tonight hopefully. Would love him to score

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Definitely didn't agree with resting Sterling for this particular one though, that team had far too many new players starting - it was never, and could never, realistically have been a cohesive performance. Daithi pointed out the same before the game, and was proven to be very correct.

I believe it's called "doing a Spurs"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

U19s CL side

Firth, Maguire, Hart, Cleary, Brewitt, Rossiter, Kent, Brannagan, Sinclair, O'Hanlon, Ojo

Canos, Jackson, Wilson, Phillips, Chirivella, Roberts, Whelan

Plenty of firepower there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

U19s CL side

Firth, Maguire, Hart, Cleary, Brewitt, Rossiter, Kent, Brannagan, Sinclair, O'Hanlon, Ojo

Canos, Jackson, Wilson, Phillips, Chirivella, Roberts, Whelan

Plenty of firepower there.

So Kent, Ojo and Sinclair as main attack, O'Hanlon probably left side with Rossiter and Brannagan in the middle...

Smash em!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭MR NINE

Im not too worried about tonight but im terrifed of west ham this weekend, theyll have taken huge positives from our performance against villa and id say theyll be very confident in their capabilities of getting something from the game. I dont want to place too much importance on a single league game, but i think dropping points in that game would be a big blow to our league campaign

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Pilsbury Doughboy

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Had Henderson pegged as future captain last season, he has everything in his locker for the role.

Delighted for him.

Yep delighted for the lad, I'm sure there was people on here saying he wasn't fit to wear the jersey during his first season ;). Just shows what can happen to a player if given adequate time.

Yep delighted for the lad, I'm sure there was people on here saying he wasn't fit to wear the jersey during his first season ;). Just shows what can happen to a player if given adequate time.

There were people saying that much recently than that about him.

We need more with his attitude tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Pilsbury Doughboy

I remember having to show this video to a mate to try and convince him Hendo was ok!

Small crowd in but conditions look good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

ratracer wrote: »
    Beers in the fridge, snacks sorted, Mrs RR sent to a 'meeting' at 7.30pm.

The Champions League, in all it's HD glory, live from Anfield......let's just get it on :D

mQm2Swu.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Great for Hendog to get the vice captaincy, I'd say he'll take over from Stevie next season. Fully deserved accolade for him!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Not a fan of Hendo as vice-captain at all. He captains from the knees.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,321 ✭✭✭ratracer

mQm2Swu.jpg

As long as she doesn't interrupt the match, she can be wherever she wants;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Raif Severance

Kent and Ojo seem to have the beating, of their Fullbacks.

Lots of nearly but not quite football, Kent and Ojo great until the actual decisive moment.

and as I type that up Liverpool score. Sinclair

Hart to Sinclair. Liverpool 1-0 Ludogoretz. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

magma69 wrote: »
    You don't think Suso will play many games this season? I very much doubt that. And it's not like he has nothing to offer as a player either like you're making out.

Woah there.

I was not "making out" anything.

I sincerely doubt Suso will play much at all in the EPL or CL this season - thats simply down to numbers ahead of him.

If you want my opinion on him - he hasn't done anything much in a Liverpool shirt to warrant starting in one of our biggest matches for years just because you reckon it will be a pushover.

Clearly 2-0! :) Nicely taken

• Advertisement

3-0 O'Hanlon. :):)

Frankie Lampard style goal there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The Irish boys taking over :)

O'hanlon 3-0. :D

Back in the Champions League! 3-0 HT Ludo are a pretty pacey direct side and are worthy of at least one goal in that half really. Hopefully Canos and Wilson will come on to add another couple.

Back in the Champions League! 3-0 HT Ludo are a pretty pacey direct side and are worthy of at least one goal in that half really. Hopefully Canos and Wilson will come on to add another couple.

Who's dictating the game, Paulo Rossi-ter or Brann-flakes?

• Advertisement

Alex played on the Kevins team a few years younger than me, we went to Almere for a tournament and his team litrally walked the tournament at u10s level. Hammered Liverpool like 4-0 to. I think hes a great prospect.

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭JB81

My team for tonight - i assume due to the timing of the announcement henderson will lead us out and gerrard rested.

Mig

Manquillo Lovren Sakho Moreno

Henderson Lala

sterling Coutinho

lambert Mad Bal

ASOT wrote: »
    Alex played on the Kevins team a few years younger than me, we went to Almere for a tournament and his team litrally walked the tournament at u10s level. Hammered Liverpool like 4-0 to. I think hes a great prospect.

Well the fact that he started ahead of Chirivella, Wilson or Canos shows what he brings.

And his fellow paddy Cleary on the scoresheet too, be interesting to see if he gets a few U21 games alongside Jones this year, with Sama and Paez gone...

JB81 wrote: »
    My team for tonight - i assume due to the timing of the announcement henderson will lead us out and gerrard rested.

No way will they rest Stevie! Same side as Saturday, but Sterling in for Markovic...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,296 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Have to work until 8 have the game to record so will get in fast forward to kick off then fast forward HT to try and catch up

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭JB81

Dickerty wrote: »
    No way will they rest Stevie! Same side as Saturday, but Sterling in for Markovic...

Yes they will!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Have to work until 8 have the game to record so will get in fast forward to kick off then fast forward HT to try and catch up

Avoid this thread and the match thread so until you catch up and youll be grand.

Who's dictating the game, Paulo Rossi-ter or Brann-flakes?

Neither or both! They have both been strong combining at times (Bran further forward) but the main part of Liverpools threat is very definitely down the flanks through Kent (right) and Ojo (left).

LFCtvs lead commentator is hilariously one eyed.

Well the fact that he started ahead of Chirivella, Wilson or Canos shows what he brings.

And his fellow paddy Cleary on the scoresheet too, be interesting to see if he gets a few U21 games alongside Jones this year, with Sama and Paez gone...

Yeah I know, a few players off that team have made it. Jack Byrne is another who was in the same squad and hes at city now.

We have a fair few players coming through at the younger ages who hopefully should get a run out at u21 level.

JB81 wrote: »
    Yes they will!

Unless he is injured, I cannot see ANY reason why they would drop the captain, who has been undroppable for a decade, on the night of our return to the CL after 5 years away...

• Advertisement

Brannagan off Chivrella on
    Kent off Wilson on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

this theme song pretty much sums up how i feel about seeing my team returning to champions league tonight

Brannagan off Chivrella on
    Kent off Wilson on

Hopefully see Rossiter pushed up to dictate the attack, maybe give his shooting a workout...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭Speak Now

rrjnsm.png

Ojo or was it Sinclair makes it 4 from the keepers block save (free kick)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Ojo or was it Sinclair makes it 4 from the keepers block save (free kick)

Sinclair wasn't it? Great effort by Wilson. Was it keeper or post?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Fescue

Do sky have the Liverpool game tonight or just ITV/TV3?

I can get the Swiss channel that shows CL games but for some odd reason they are showing Basel. I mean come on!

Fescue wrote: »
    Do sky have the Liverpool game tonight or just ITV/TV3?

I can get the Swiss channel that shows CL games but for some odd reason they are showing Basel. I mean come on!

It wsnt listed on the Red Button games when i seen the add so it must be ITV/TV3 only, i could be wrong though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭osnola ibax

I anticipate a frustrating night for Liverpool, my prediction is a forgettable draw or narrow defeat.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Im gonna go with Super Mario to open the scoring with a screamer in the first 20 and LFC to win 4-0.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement