Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Note in OP, 1/09

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Fescue

klose wrote: »
    Fairly meh team, toure and sakho on the bench and neither will probably come in give a younger player a spot.

Allen and Sturridge for Lucas and Borini and thats our best team?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,932 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

That team and bench really shows how light we are in CM with Allen and Can out we are left with Gerrard and Lucas to play alongside Henderson.

If anything happens Henderson we a fcuked in midfield.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

No help today but Allen will be back next game I think, Coutinho probably plays better from deeper and there is Suso (or Rossiter ;))!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Fescue wrote: »

He's right about the bench, no need for two CBs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,504 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Coutinho not on the bench. Must have picked up a knock. He's in poor form but you don't drop a player of his ability from the squad unless he's not fit.

• Advertisement

“I am actually a Liverpool fan and Gerrard is someone I look up to massively."

Delle Alli

Has scored a hat-trick today for Milton Keynes, sign this kid up soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

Charlie19 wrote: »
    He's right about the bench, no need for two CBs.

3 forwards and 3 defenders on the bench.

We have no fit madfielder to hold a place on the bench over Toure? None? At all???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

Delle Alli

Him and Will Hughes in January?

Delle Alli

Karl Robinson has said "the kid kid stays in the (Dons) picture" Talk of it taking about 8 million to shift him now, probably be wise to see if he is still so hot come next summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Skrtel, Lucas and Gerrard that really scares the life out of me no pace and easily turned.
    Skrtel is probably our quickest CB. He isnt slow.

• Advertisement

Karl Robinson has said "the kid kid stays in the (Dons) picture" Talk of it taking about 8 million to shift him now, probably be wise to see if he is still so hot come next summer.

He might be double that by then. Bayern Munich linked with him also.

MD1990 wrote: »
    Skrtel is probably our quickest CB. He isnt slow.

He is easily turned and bullied.

I would say Sakho and Lovren are faster than him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,889 ✭✭✭✭klose

Lucas will just keep giving away frees and we are awful at defending set pieces and aerial threat so whenever he starts I'm usually pessimistic.

He is easily turned and bullied.

I would say Sakho and Lovren are faster than him.

Even if that is the case, we know for sure that Rodgers does not rate Sakho as highly as Skrtel. Rightfully so.

Sakho has gotten far too much love for a guy who hasn't had one really good game for us.

If I'm not mistaken, this is the first time this season we aren't wearing the home kit. Unusual statistic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

Great to see Borini getting a start. If he gets 3-4 games before Xmas all the questions about whether he can be a valuable player for LFC will be answered. If yes, keeping him will have been an accidental bonus. If not, he'll hopefully accept he needs to move on.

3 points today and a goal a piece for Borini and Balo and I'll be a happy bunny.

Even if that is the case, we know for sure that Rodgers does not rate Sakho as highly as Skrtel. Rightfully so.

Sakho has gotten far too much love for a guy who hasn't had one really good game for us.

This is the same Skrtel that Brendan Rodgers dropped because he got destroyed at Oldham and was ready to get him out of the club.

Fans have short memories most fans wanted rid of Skrtel then as well. The whole oh he has one good season one bad season thing

The one thing we know is Brendan Rodgers doesn't know how to coach defenders.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,555 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

This is the same Skrtel that Brendan Rodgers dropped because he got destroyed at Oldham and was ready to get him out of the club.

Fans have short memories most fans wanted rid of Skrtel then as well. The whole oh he has one good season one bad season thing

How do you know that Rodger's can't coach defenders, that's news to me.

And that's the only reason we're not winning trophies with him. Our coaching staff is laughable for a club looking to compete in Europe. Rodgers needs to forget the sentimentality and make some changes quick, because we need a solid defensive coach to really be able to challenge City, Chelsea and the European giants.

murpho999 wrote: »
    How do you know that Rodger's can't coach defenders, that's news to me.

50 goals conceded last season, Starting his 3rd season as manager of Liverpool and our defence is shambolic and shows no sign of improving.

Thats is enough for me to show he doesn't know how to coach defenders to defend.

• Advertisement

50 goals conceded last season, Starting his 3rd season as manager of Liverpool and our defence is shambolic and shows no sign of improving.

Thats is enough for me to show he doesn't know how to coach defenders to defend.

He should be sacked.

He should be sacked.

If you say so but that's a bit extreme don't you think?

Its the logical conclusion to your argument.

Really explain how you came to that logical conclusion that he should be sacked from my posts!

I said he doesn't know how to coach defenders to defend.

Where in any of that can you come to logical conclusion that I said he should be sacked?

He should be sacked.

Hire a defence coach is the logical conclusion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,555 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Last season was different personnel who were simply not good enough.

This year is different and I think the defence is yet to find it's feet. It will improve with time.

Also think the keeper causes problems and uncertainty in the defence as he doesn't do into the box.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

Nervous for my man Borini!

Threw 20 bob on Balo and Eden hazard anytime double. Have a feeling about hazard and Borini will hopefully free up space for Balo.

Judging by rodgers pre match interview looks like skrtel and lovren will be his preferred partnership

klose wrote: »
    Judging by rodgers pre match interview looks like skrtel and lovren will be his preferred partnership

That's a certainty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

Please dont let sky be right as in Lucas starting infront of Gerrard :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Sideshow Mark

Hoping Borini proves me right.

And that's any chance of a win gone. Same story, different game.

#BlameSakho

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

#BlameSakho

He's a beast of a tackler.

My da would batter your da

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Our defensive coaches need sacked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

I can't ****ing believe Rodgers would start Lucas and Gerrard again.

How many ****ing times do we have to keep doing it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Why was Skertl dropped?

I thought he looked very good any time I've seen him this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Bag of shíte :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭larrymiller

What a crock of ****

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

This is a clear sign mignolet needs to be replaced.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Mignolet is useless, Gerrard is past it, Lucas is crap and the defence is a shambles.

Mignolet is useless, Gerrard is past it, Lucas is crap and the defence is a shambles.

I love boards , that made me laugh out loud.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Enjoy the next 5 CL games, we won't be seeing those games again for a long time!

Goes to show everything we achieved last season was mainly down to Suarez and Sturridge!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

kfallon wrote: »
    Enjoy the next 5 CL games, we won't be seeing those games again for a long time!

Goes to show everything we achieved last season was down to Suarez and Sturridge!

Don't be daft.

Our midfield underpinned everything but when you start out with Lucas and Gerrard in there you're better off not turning up.

Literally any midfielder over the age of 16 at the club would be a better option than starting both Lucas and Gerrard.

Injuries or not, Rodgers is being absolutely found out this season. He is very poor tactically, and needs to improve quickly.

Gerrard can barely jog, what in gods name is he doing playing 3 games in 8 days

Three at the back now, Moreno on the left, Sterling on the right.
    This could be a stroke of genius or a moment of insanity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

martyos121 wrote: »
    Injuries or not, Rodgers is being absolutely found out this season. He is very poor tactically, and needs to improve quickly.

Absolute ****ing horse****.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Alphabetical+order...+++you+3+_3d42d825c887e96d92da141240770f3f.png

I reckon we'll win the league now

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement